It Was A Nice,town!

Guest FlagMann.

judging by the way he types and his strong feelings toward minorities, i'm sure the guy isn't a young adult or anything. some people are raised that way. just because society begs for political correctness doesn't mean everyone can change their mentality with the snap of a finger. plus, since the downfall of this town at times does seem linked to the moving in of minorities (often indeed from Newark) he's made his own judgment. maybe it's just me, but i can understand where he's coming from. his ideas aren't exactly put forth in the most mature manner, but the message isn't COMPLETELY ignorant or anything.

judging by the way he types and his strong feelings toward minorities, i'm sure the guy isn't a young adult or anything. some people are raised that way. just because society begs for political correctness doesn't mean everyone can change their mentality with the snap of a finger. plus, since the downfall of this town at times does seem linked to the moving in of minorities (often indeed from Newark) he's made his own judgment. maybe it's just me, but i can understand where he's coming from. his ideas aren't exactly put forth in the most mature manner, but the message isn't COMPLETELY ignorant or anything.

100% agree with you... :lol:

Guest Ku Klux Fan

Wow! For a teenager you make a lot of sense, bravo.

I don't really like the flagman because he spews his hatred at almost everyone and everything, but I don't like blacks and hispanics more. I believe that they are taking over Kearny, little by little. The big problem is their kids and the way they raise them. They lack morals and values and in turn so do their children. One out of every three black men in America today is in some form involved in the system. That includes being in jail or just on probation. What does that tell you?

Good luck :lol:

KOTW Note: I am leaving this post as is under my "try not to edit poster's opinions policy" however I must note that I'm not sure that "every three black men in America today is in some form involved in the system" is a factual statement. In my opinion, the reason why there may be a disproportionate number of African-Americans in "the system" has more to do with our inner city education system causing lack of opportunities for youngsters and racism than it has to do with black families. To select Ku Klux as your guest name is insensitive to the blight of African-Americans whose families suffered great losses in the name of the Klan.

Guest KLAN MAN

I never thought to here my self say this but everything flagman has to say is becomeing true. I am a life long resident and I am ashamed and embarrased to let any one know I live in this town. Maybe what we need is a truly WHITE Chrismas.

KOTW Note: This post has not been edited even though it contains a racist comment. I did not edit it because I hope it provokes conversation among the residents of Kearny. I do hope all the residents of Kearny who hail from various cultural backgrounds have a white christmas caused by just enough snow to cover the trees in town and to make a picturesque background for the children to enjoy Santa's presents and the warmth of their family. There is no room on this message board for racist comments.

Guest Gettin' Older

I lived the first 19 years of my life in Kearny (yes - the "poor" end of town) and have now spent more years than that living in other parts of the country. (Deep south, Rocky Mountain West) and I can tell you that while cartoonish stereotypes of every group do exist, who someone is still boils down to the individual.

I was raised a "Low Income Blue Collar WASP", and have over the years met people of many other backgrounds with more intelligence, savvy, education, and inegrity than I ever had -- and many with less -- but I've learned a lot from all of them.

Sometimes when I tell people about my years growing up in Kearny they can't help but mention "The Sopranos", and they're not really that far off if I'm honest about it. The point is that we're all different to somebody. Flagman may indeed make a valid point now and then but all in all he's just painfully boring.

As for Heyduke and Pube -- I'm glad to see that kearny still produces some intelligent youth, though I'm far enough on the other side of the generation gap that I get lost in the language sometimes. Keep your eyes and ears open guys, but learn something from all sides and make up your own minds. Try to meet people one at a time. And if you can, by all means, do some traveling.

Guest KLAN MAN

Why would you say a WHITE Christmas is a racist remark, it is a great song writen by a great man. How ever you interpret it is how you do but i meant a WHITE Christmas to cover up the trash in the town.

We are all separated by socialogical, cultural, and economical standards, not color. Years ago, Kearny was inhabited by mostly European immigrants who were English speaking. (i.e. Scots, Irish), and those that were not english speaking were still Europeans (i.e. Polish, Italian, Lithuanians) who eventually became, and wanted to by the way, english speaking. These cultures are very different than those that have become a big part of Kearny's population. Everywhere you go, you hear nothing but what I suppose is spanish. I believe it is very much resented by the english speaking residents and while unspoken, it causes resentment and draws further attention to the differences.

Yes indeed kearny was once a cool town! now all these dirty illegal imigrants are moving into town and they are trashing it up! Hey flag man ...have you ever considered the possibility that one day your children or grandchildren might end up with one of these trash? I've seen it happen to the best of them <_< Pretty soon the only languages that will be spoken up at KHS will be Hispanic portugese

and Ebonics! Hell it was like that when I was there. Where I live now the black people speak english ...not ebonics there are still the illegal wetbacks but they are few and far between ...not enough to make an impact. There is no saving Kearny from its destined fait. The hellish trash of Newark is moving in swiftly and by numbers. Pretty soon Kearny will become a ghetto.... wich is worse then it is now.

My words to you all...get out before its to late! If you don't ...you brought the suffering onto yourselves. Over the past 8 years Kearny has become a third world country ruled by a dictatorship!

Guest For Petes Sake

The igno-rants of these posts are amazing.

Does anyone know what century it is?

Can anyone name a culture that does not have a bad element. (well maybe the Swiss)

Irish-IRA

Jewish-JDl

Italy-Mafia

Russian-Russian Mob

French-The Crepes(just kidding)

etc. etc. etc.

Quite a lot to consider, that it is.

I haven't lived in Kearny my whole life, I would have to say almost half my life. Which isn't a lot considering I am not an adult. Over the time I lived here there have been many changes. Those remarkably noticeable, such as opening of Wal-Mart or something to that extent. There have been also less noticeable ones, such as the decline of the "Quiet little town". I do not believe it is entirely caused by the moving in of minorities. While I do believe they play some part in it, I can't say they are completely to blame, for I do not have proof.

I do know who contributes to the problem. It is my unfortunate duty to say that the kids are to blame. I see them walking down the street or in school and I can tell they lack morals, discipline, and respect. Kids today haven't been raised with the values other generations where raised with. I detest most of the teenagers I know. I see the way they act towards adults and I wish they knew better. Heh, if I ever acted like that I’m sure I wouldn't have made the same mistake if my parents found out. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I do no blame the adults, but I do blame the youth. I believe that the decline of society begins with the youth. And I fear knowing this, because as we all know we all grow up, and then they will hold some power.

PS. My remarks about kids and teenagers does not reflect all of then, not even half. What I mean to say is that every year kids and teenagers seem to be coming a lot of disrespectful at a younger age.

To AKearyObserver: In the time I have lived in Kearny I have never heard ebonics spoken.

Guest Gettin' Older

HeyDuke,

While I would agree that (in its most literal meaning) being educated is better than not, please don't assume that moralty or ambition are necessarily coincidental with formal schooling -- they usually have little to do with one another.

But then, I suspect you didn't really mean it that way.

HeyDuke,

While I would agree that (in its most literal meaning) being educated is better than not, please don't assume that moralty or ambition are necessarily coincidental with formal schooling -- they usually have little to do with one another.

But then, I suspect you didn't really mean it that way.

i didnt say that... i said they lack morals AND are uneducated, not meaning because they are uneducated they lack morals. I know alot of nice dumb people :lol:

Guest Gettin' Older

Agreed! -- And I think we've all seen examples of "Highly educated and dumb as a rock", too.

But to be fair, I'm biased. I'm an old (former) stoner high school dropout.

Guest Kearnyite

[size=14

I am from Kearny and still am. Have any any of you ignoramasous been out of town - you all sound like Bubbas from the south. I alway thought Kearny produced better than you. GET A LIFE! Travel....Get out of town. I must be naive. I always was proud to be from Kearny. It is not the races or nationalities I am embarassed about from this town, it is you ignorant people posting on this site. Haven't any of you been out of this area. You all think you are a superior race or creed. Too bad you haven't been out of this area and traveled - this is your country. Get a grip. Where have you all been. Grow up. You are very embarassing. What makes you think you are Superior? Help me out. Go for help or something. You are from Kearny, NJ. Where do you think you are from. It's the USA. DUH.......

I M DONE> Will not post again. Good Bye.

[size=14

I am from Kearny and still am. Have any any of you ignoramasous been out of town - you all sound like Bubbas from the south. I alway thought Kearny produced better than you. GET A LIFE! Travel....Get out of town. I must be naive. I always was proud to be from Kearny. It is not the races or nationalities I am embarassed about from this town, it is you ignorant people posting on this site. Haven't any of you been out of this area. You all think you are a superior race or creed. Too bad you haven't been out of this area and traveled - this is your country. Get a grip. Where have you all been. Grow up. You are very embarassing. What makes you think you are Superior? Help me out. Go for help or something. You are from Kearny, NJ. Where do you think you are from. It's the USA. DUH.......

I M DONE> Will not post again. Good Bye.

I've been to tons of other places ...a hell of alot better then kearny...infact I hated kearny so much I got the hell out I don't even live in Newjersey anymore....I just post on this board to make fun of the people who are still stuck there...the funny thing is all they do is B**ch and moan and complain and do nothing Don't you know ....no one ever leaves Brigadoon!....same old kearny stagnation....I've been back to kearny and I just can't believe I grew up there.

Archived