Wake Up Mayor

Guest kcrew30

Guest kcrew30

When is the mayor going to wake up and do something about the crime in town. My 12 year old brother got jumped the other night. It was the second time this month so far. They slammed his head against the wall threw him to the ground and kicked him and then stole his shoes. This is getting out of hand. What is also sad is that it happened in front of the valaro gas station on kearny ave at about 9:45. You are telling me no one was out or passed by. Something has to be done with this it cant keep happening. This town is very capable of going back to what it used to be. The only thing we need is for people to start careing about there town and surrondings. I am not saying to jump into a fight when you see one to stop it but go to the nearest store or house and ask them to call the cops or pick up your cell phone and call. It doesnt cost much at all and you can say you did something for ounce. Lets all start careing about this town and the human race. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest 1

I am sorry about your brother. Unfortunately the caliber of resident in this town has really deteriorated. Of course everyone is afraid to say that for fear of being politically incorrect and having bigot shouted at them. For a long time Kearnyites used to say, they don;lt live here they come from Newark and Jersey City. Hello, they do live here! I guess more police presence is needed just like in the inner cities.

Of course everyone is afraid to say that for fear of being politically incorrect and having bigot shouted at them.

Where did kcrew say anything about this being perpetrated by an ethnic person?

Guest Resident
When is the mayor going to wake up and do something about the crime in town. My 12 year old brother got jumped the other night. It was the second time this month so far. They slammed his head against the wall threw him to the ground and kicked him and then stole his shoes. This is getting out of hand. What is also sad is that it happened in front of the valaro gas station on kearny ave at about 9:45. You are telling me no one was out or passed by. Something has to be done with this it cant keep happening. This town is very capable of going back to what it used to be. The only thing we need is for people to start careing about there town and surrondings. I am not saying to jump into a fight when you see one to stop it but go to the nearest store or house and ask them to call the cops or pick up your cell phone and call. It doesnt cost much at all and you can say you did something for ounce. Lets all start careing about this town and the human race. :rolleyes:

I would just like to say I am sorry about your brother. I have a child that age. I am just curious as to why you little brother of age 12 is out at 9:45 by himself. The streets are not safe anymore all should know this. He should have been in the house at a decent hour.

Guest Guest 1
Of course everyone is afraid to say that for fear of being politically incorrect and having bigot shouted at them.

It didn't, nor did I. I said the "caliber" of the residents has deteriorated. If you want to see who that is walk the avenue at night, and then you'll understand. Besides what is this ethnic person crap? If you're a thug, you're a thug.

Guest FlagMann_Guest

The streets are "NOT SAFE" anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man your battle stations!! BatMan!!

Close all the bridges!! Entering the Town of Kearny!!! Oh No!!!!!! Robin? They all live in this Town!!(Kearny) What do we do now!! It's time to go!!!!!West that is!!!

Here comes Newark,Trash, trash, trash, and more trash!!

FlagMann.

It didn't, nor did I. I said the "caliber" of the residents has deteriorated. If you want to see who that is walk the avenue at night, and then you'll understand. Besides what is this ethnic person crap? If you're a thug, you're a thug.

You certainly implied you suspected that a person of ethnicity perpetrated the above crime by the use of the bolded phrase. If you are now backing away from that, so be it.

I would not be so quick to stereotype the person who assaulted this youngster. The last time someone was killed in Kearny, the assailant was a guy by the name of O'Neill. He killed a young hardworking limousine driver (who happened to be hispanic) on the border of Kearny and North Arlington for a couple of bucks.

Guest Guest 1
I would not be so quick to stereotype the person who assaulted this youngster. The last time someone was killed in Kearny, the assailant was a guy by the name of O'Neill. He killed a young hardworking limousine driver (who happened to be hispanic) on the border of Kearny and North Arlington for a couple of bucks.

Be careful or you will be accused of directing ethnic bigotry toward the Irish! Then again "No Irish need apply" already happened and they got over it!

Archived