B.O.E

Guest M.T

Leslie Gaulton, the Kearny school district's longtime business administrator, will receive at least $140,000 for unused sick time when he retires on July 1, school officials have said.

Gaulton refused to answer questions directly about his retirement benefits - or release a copy of his contract, which is a public document. But in an e-mail to The Jersey Journal, he said he'd accumulated at least 200 sick days, for which he would be paid the equivalent of one year's salary upon his retirement

Mary Torres, who was replaced as chair of the school board after not running for re-election, said Gaulton's base salary is $140,000, but he earns more when longevity bonuses are added in.

Torres said Gaulton's payout was in line with the contracts the board signed with administrators prior to three years ago. Now, she said, administrators receive $50 a day for unused sick time when they retire and there's a cap on the number of days they can accumulate.

Gaulton is also receiving roughly $12,000 out of a Port Authority of New York and New Jersey grant to the district to pay for the sound-proofing of Kearny High School and Lincoln School, Torres said.

This is money Gaulton would be entitled even if he were not retiring, she said.

Port Authority spokesman Mark Lavorgna said the district is being paid to perform administrative work associated with the project.

So far, the Port Authority has paid out $16,400 in administrative costs to the district, Lavorgna said - a claim Gaulton took issue with in his e-mail.

"To date, no administrative funds have been requisitioned by the district," he wrote.

Gaulton refused to take several phone calls to clear up the discrepancy.

Guest Guest
Leslie Gaulton, the Kearny school district's longtime business administrator, will receive at least $140,000 for unused sick time when he retires on July 1, school officials have said.

Gaulton refused to answer questions directly about his retirement benefits - or release a copy of his contract, which is a public document. But in an e-mail to The Jersey Journal, he said he'd accumulated at least 200 sick days, for which he would be paid the equivalent of one year's salary upon his retirement

Mary Torres, who was replaced as chair of the school board after not running for re-election, said Gaulton's base salary is $140,000, but he earns more when longevity bonuses are added in.

Torres said Gaulton's payout was in line with the contracts the board signed with administrators prior to three years ago. Now, she said, administrators receive $50 a day for unused sick time when they retire and there's a cap on the number of days they can accumulate.

Gaulton is also receiving roughly $12,000 out of a Port Authority of New York and New Jersey grant to the district to pay for the sound-proofing of Kearny High School and Lincoln School, Torres said.

Port Authority spokesman Mark Lavorgna said the district is being paid to perform administrative work associated with the project.

So far, the Port Authority has paid out $16,400 in administrative costs to the district, Lavorgna said - a claim Gaulton took issue with in his e-mail.

"To date, no administrative funds have been requisitioned by the district," he wrote.

Just call him "Sweet Les".

Guest Guest

A reasonable amount of sick time yes, I believe the rest of the towns employees can only accumulate 120 days. So why would the BOE pay Gaulton 200 Days. I believe the Port Authority made the check out to the BOE not Les Gaulton it seems the town has a new partner. At this point I would give him zero. He can always go to court for the what he thinks he deserves. Let them mediate

Guest Guest
A reasonable amount of sick time yes, I believe the rest of the towns employees can only accumulate 120 days. So why would the BOE pay Gaulton 200 Days. I believe the Port Authority made the check out to the BOE not Les Gaulton it seems the town has a new partner. At this point I would give him zero. He can always go to court for the what he thinks he deserves. Let them mediate

Did you foget how many days he was out on sick leave and didn't have to use his sick time because he claimed the "illness" was caused by his job?

Guest Guest
Did you foget how many days he was out on sick leave and didn't have to use his sick time because he claimed the "illness" was caused by his job?

No but ask the BOE they gave him the money. There are a few dopes on the BOE that gave Santos an early Christmass gift 1.9 million then cry foul. Fine bunch they are maybe we could home school a few or send them on a bus trip, oh I"m sorry! Santos cut the funding for the bus . Maybe he will take on a tour of Town Hall and explain how polotics work in Kearny, Hudson County. Only two board members I know of voted to keep the money for the schools. Now aren't you glad voted on School budget no matter how you vote the taxpayer gets screwed.

Guest guest
No but ask the BOE they gave him the money. There are a few dopes on the BOE that gave Santos an early Christmass gift 1.9 million then cry foul. Fine bunch they are maybe we could home school a few or send them on a bus trip, oh I"m  sorry! Santos cut the funding for the bus .  Maybe he will take on a tour of Town Hall and explain how polotics work in Kearny, Hudson County. Only two board members I know of voted to keep the money for the schools. Now aren't you glad voted on School  budget no matter how you vote the taxpayer gets screwed.

Who were the two members?

Guest Guest

And what a deal it is!

You are all missing the point. No one in the Keaarny School System is eligible to receive payment for sick days unless they have 20 years in the district. That means 20 actual years, not 15 plus the 5 years another Board granted Mr. Gaulton.

Since he doesn't have the time necessary his accumulatde sicks days are worth $0 by any contract, they are not even eligible for the $50/day granted by the new contracts. All others without the 20 years receive nothing. Gaulton is getting his full salary, an additional 35 days and then they are going to pay him a daily consultant fee to help the new Business Administrator. What will happen when everyone employed by the Board of Ed asks for the same deal? Answer - DENIED! So why wasn't his deal denied?

Guest Guest
And what a deal it is!

You are all missing the point. No one in the Keaarny School System is eligible to receive payment for sick days unless they have 20 years in the district. That means 20 actual years, not 15 plus the 5 years another Board granted Mr. Gaulton.

Since he doesn't have the time necessary his accumulatde sicks days are worth $0 by any contract, they are not even eligible for the $50/day granted by the new contracts. All others without the 20 years receive nothing. Gaulton is getting his full salary, an additional 35 days and then they are going to pay him a daily consultant fee to help the new Business Administrator. What will happen when everyone employed by the Board of Ed asks for the same deal? Answer - DENIED! So why wasn't his deal denied?

What the hell kind of shit is this???!?!?!?!?!?!??

He's getting a % of the grant for securing it??!?!?!?!?!??

Listen--

I'm going to hit up Homeland Security for a gr ant of 200 mill.

Just give me the same % when I retire.

What a crock.

And you wonder why people are pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

What the hell kind  of shit is this???!?!?!?!?!?!??

Listen--

I'm going to hit up Homeland Security  for a gr ant of 200 mill.

What a crock.

The BOE, Mayor & Council treat the people of this Town with no respect at all. Why should they ya need to get off your ass & do something instead of spouting numbers on the web call some of these jerks give them hell. Go to council & BOE meetings don't just sit there raise your voice. We need to fill town hall so they hve to move the meeting to the High School. Then you will have their ear

Guest Guest

What the hell kind  of shit is this???!?!?!?!?!?!??

Listen--

I'm going to hit up Homeland Security  for a gr ant of 200 mill.

What a crock.

They don't call him "Sweet Les" for nothing!

Archived