Mayor Mc Donut

Guest Guest_Tex_*

Guest Guest_Tex_*

Mayor Mc Donut,

Please tell all the KOTW readers why the Police Department is being civilianized with political appointments (Dispatchers, Parking Enforcement, & now Class 1 Special Officers), and the actual number of certified Police Officers is at an all time low (50 rather than 64 in 01/95)??

It couldn't be the reduction in crime, lord knows its not safe to walk out the door.... Do the investors know that, please don't ask the PD to fudge the Uniform Crime Report cause you only have one Officer who supports you, guess who that is??

If Michael Hinchcliffe should lose the primary, he may still be come Mayor by default, after Tanski comes out with his number best selling Album "Singing with the Feds:....

What happened to the Harrison Crime watch in the Observer??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest
Mayor Mc Donut,

Please tell all the KOTW readers why the Police Department is being civilianized with political appointments (Dispatchers, Parking Enforcement, & now Class 1 Special Officers), and the actual number of certified Police Officers is at an all time low (50 rather than 64 in 01/95)??

It couldn't be the reduction in crime, lord knows its not safe to walk out the door.... Do the investors know that, please don't ask the PD to fudge the Uniform Crime Report cause you only have one Officer who supports you, guess who that is??

If Michael Hinchcliffe should lose the primary, he may still be come Mayor by default, after Tanski comes out with his number best selling Album "Singing with the Feds:....

They are keeping all these crimes that are going on a secret and believe me there is a lot going on, they are afraid it will hurt the redevelopment. Once again who cares about the people or children in this town???? Not McDonut, there are no children at risk.

Guest Guest
Mayor Mc Donut,

Your very astute.Low crime rates are being reported. Remember the State Police did an audit in 1992 after all time low rates were reported by the HPD. They found out it was twice the amount. I think an audit is called for the 2004/2005 report.

Guest Skippy

The Chief reports that sick time is down because he put steady shifts in and morale is up. I think he is premature in his remarks. Instead of making this report after 4 months. he should have waited for at least 1 year and then look at the stats. Not everyone is happy with their shifts. It's just a pre-election report to make the administration look good.

Guest Hmmmm...
The Chief reports that sick time is down because he put steady shifts in and morale is up. I think he is premature in his remarks. Instead of making this report after 4 months. he should have waited for at least 1 year and then look at the stats. Not everyone is happy with their shifts. It's just a pre-election report to make the administration look good.

People may be happy with their shifts, but thats about it. Other than that, moral is plummeting......not skyrocketing!

Guest guest

He was probably told to say that, they are trying to make it look like everything in this town is just fine and it is far from fine.

Guest Guest
Mayor Mc Donut,

why blame the mayor totally? your pba prez past and present sold you all out. why are you not happy with the chief now? you all gathered around and created the rocket to launch. all attended the parties and rallies right? the schedule was the savior to all your problems, a few sell outs to buy certain people their ego boosting morale. and bam! the goose is cooked , now take a breather and start filing them resumes again! look towards your cushy positioned leaders for support? :lol::lol::lol::P:P

Guest guest

Well said. Short & sweet......and right on the money!

Guest Afternoon Delite

I didnt know morale was skyrocketing! Heck the cops didn't even know that. The shifts are to most officers liking but that is only a small part of what would gauge how morale would pan out. A very inappropriate, inaccurate and irresponsible statement if you ask me. But its election time and the shiny happy image must be sold to the public. Only problem is that people of Harrison aren't stupid and neither are the men and women in blue.

Guest Guest

Just remember people there are only 4 cops working on friday and saturday nights (The busiest nights of the week)!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY SAFE CHIEF, way to put your men in jeopardy. Remember when you were included in the OVERTIME rotation? The MINIMUM manpower was at least 5 on the weekends. I can remember you working alot of OVERTIME on the weekends!!!!! Way to go and sell yourself out to save a few dollars on OVERTIME, Don't worry about the safety of your officers. Thats why there are alot of officers looking to go elsewhere because it seems this place is being run into the ground, it seems like VG is still in charge!!! But you say that MORALE is SKYROCKETING!!! are you kidding me?

KOTW Note: The above information has not been verified. It may or may not be accurate.

They are keeping all these crimes that are going on a secret and believe me there is a lot going on, they are afraid it will hurt the redevelopment. Once again who cares about the people or children in this town???? Not McDonut, there are no children at risk.

Guest Guest

Mayor Mc Donut,

THAT'S WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW. THE HARRISON CRIME WATCH WAS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR PIECES IN THE OBSERVER. CAN IT BE BROUGHT BACK?

Guest I Know Jack

Mayor Mc Donut,

THAT'S WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW. THE HARRISON CRIME WATCH WAS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR PIECES IN THE OBSERVER. CAN IT BE BROUGHT BACK?

Well for starters, the cop that made all the arrests is retired. The new W/O is too busy holding court and playing I-Spy. Besides, remember the old adage.......THERE'S NO CRIME IN HARRISON! (Especially in an election year!)

Guest BlueTideBacker

Mayor Mc Donut,

I would bet my life that the Harrison Crime Reporting Section was eliminated from the Observer at the request of the mayor. If you don't acknowledge crime, it doesn't exist. If people don't know about crime, they can't complain about it. And if there's no crime then the mayors doing a good job. It's just part this administration's policy of keeping the residents uninformed. (Kind of like borrowing over $40,000,000 without telling the taxpayers).

Guest Guest

now there is only 49 cops they made JB retire due to his medical condition.

Mayor Mc Donut,

Guest I know

Don't believe what you read in the papers. Ask the cops themselves. They will tell you how it REALLY is. You might just be surprised with their responses.

Guest Guest

they really should let people know about the burgularys in town. I heard about 2 houses being robbed in two weeks. Everyone knows so its no secret. The should benn the neighborhood watch back for the people who don't no what's happening. To be aware and not answer your door to anyone your not expecting.

Guest Guest
I would bet my life that the Harrison Crime Reporting Section was eliminated from the Observer at the request of the mayor. If you don't acknowledge crime, it doesn't exist. If people don't know about crime, they can't complain about it. And if there's no crime then the mayors doing a good job. It's just part this administration's  policy of keeping the residents uninformed. (Kind of like borrowing over $40,000,000 without telling the taxpayers).

I love how people can make up whatever they want and write it here as fact. It is also amazing how soon everyone will be quoting this as a reason to vote for Hinchy. Vote for who you feel will make the best mayor but know the facts not the lies and half truths the people here seem to feed on

Guest 2smart4u
I love how people can make up whatever they want and write it here as fact.  It is also amazing how soon everyone will be quoting this as a reason to vote for Hinchy.  Vote for who you feel will make the best mayor but know the facts not the lies and half truths the people here seem to feed on

WHAT ??? Does anyone not believe this administration tries to keep residents uninformed ?? You do know that the mayor negotiated that $40,000,000 deal in private, without public input, don't you. These are not half-truths or lies. You're either a councilman or you just woke up from a coma. Come to think of it, you may be a councilman and be in a coma.

Guest Guest
I love how people can make up whatever they want and write it here as fact.  It is also amazing how soon everyone will be quoting this as a reason to vote for Hinchy.  Vote for who you feel will make the best mayor but know the facts not the lies and half truths the people here seem to feed on

You mean its a lie that the town borrowed 40 million dollars without any say of from its residents????? Come on! Why did we not have a say? Why did we not get to vote on this? This is a fact! Its also a fact that we will all suffer from this poor decision. With increase traffic, spectators from some tough sorrounding areas both from NJ and NY, and 4 police officers on duty to take care of the problems. I would like to see the Harrison crime watch then. Boy, what we could do with 40 million dollars in this town. I bet the residents of this town could have come up with a huge list of things that we would rather have in place of a soccer stadium that we reap no benefits from.

Guest Guest
You mean its a lie that the town borrowed 40 million dollars without any say of from its residents?????  Come on!  Why did we not have a say?  Why did we not get to vote on this? This is a fact!  Its also a fact that we will all suffer from this poor decision.  With increase traffic, spectators from some tough sorrounding areas both from NJ and NY, and 4 police officers on duty to take care of the problems.  I would like to see the Harrison crime watch then.  Boy, what we could do with 40 million dollars in this town.  I bet the residents of this town could have come up with a huge list of things that we would rather have in place of a soccer stadium that we reap no benefits from.

here comes the specials right dk,you answer to the call,yes moose your the man now hope your radio works

Guest Guest
why blame the mayor totally? your pba prez past and present sold you all out. why are you not happy with the chief now? you all gathered around and created the rocket to launch. all attended the parties and rallies right? the schedule was the savior to all your problems, a few sell outs to buy certain people their ego boosting morale. and bam! the goose is cooked , now take a breather and start filing them resumes again! look towards your cushy positioned leaders for support?  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :P

well said bravo!

cut the s8it, support your fellow brothers,dk has nothing in his ball pen

Guest Guest
well said bravo!

cut the s8it, support your fellow brothers,dk has nothing in his ball pen

Hey Mayor how come you could not attend the police awards ceremony last night? Did you have a prior engagement(like your puppet said last night)? or are you mad at the officers?

Guest Guest
Hey Mayor how come you could not attend the police awards ceremony last night?  Did you have a prior engagement(like your puppet said last night)?  or are you mad at the officers?

Hey Mayor and how come you could not attend the D.A.R.E. graduation? which was held in the high school auditorium a couple of weeks ago.

were you too busy to give up one hour of your day to these children that make speeches starting with: I would like to thank Mayor McDonough and so and so for being here.................... Where were you? too busy I guess, shame on you.....

Do our children even know whom you are? NO - you never seem to have the time or make the time

Guest Guest

Mayor why are you not participating with what is going on in our community? You are not a leader you are a wheeler and dealer with our town and our town property, that is exactly what I think of you, reading that you cannot attend the police awards night, how can these officers have any respect for you?

Archived