Health Dept., here today, gone after election?

Guest guest

Guest guest

I heard the Mayor is going to combine the Health Dept. with the County. Does this mean I have to take my children to Jersey City for shots?. What about Senior Citizens, will they provide buses to Jersey City for them.

Guest McDonough is Corrupt

McDonough is trying to discipline anyone who uncovers his corrupt ways. That is why the Health department is being shifted to Jersey City. Milan is right the Mayor has given his friends 30% pay increases and hired more folks this year prior to elections while other town employees got 3% pay increases. Why the state has not stepped in and shut him down is beyond me. We are going to save money by shifting the Health Department out of Harrison. Mayor, you can fund the Health Department if you return the quarters you stole with Tansky over the past 10 years. Hinchy you need to walk everyday and take this guy out. Harrison needs him out quick.

Guest Guest

I GUESS THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL MUST BE UPSET AT THE HEALTH DEPT. FOR WHAT MAYOR? HOW CAN YOU TAKE AWAY THE FLU SHOTS FOR SINIORS? HOW CAN YOU TAKE AWAY INFANT IMMUNIZATION? HOW CAN YOU TAKE AWAY THE DEPARTMENT THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HEALTH AND CLEANLINESS OF THE FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS? WHO IS GOING TO DO THIS? WILL MR. POWELL BE IN CHARGE OF THESE IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS IN OUR COMMUNITY? PLEASE IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT HE DOES NOTHING FOR HIS NPP POSITION, NPP MEANS NEIGHBORHOOD PRESERVATION, WHAT EXACTLY IS HE PERSERVING, ALLOWING TO TAKE DOWN ONE HOME AND PUTTING TWO HOMES IN THAT LAND, YOU CALL THAT PRESERVATION? MAYOR YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT THAT I CAN SMELL A CROOK, AND YOU KNOW YOU HAVE INVOLMENT IN THE TANSKI SITUATION, DONT YOU? PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND RESIGN, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE TAKEN OUT THIS TIME, PEOPLE ARE FED UP. LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE.....

Guest Angry Taxpayer
I GUESS THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL MUST BE UPSET AT THE HEALTH DEPT. FOR WHAT MAYOR? HOW CAN YOU TAKE AWAY THE FLU SHOTS FOR SINIORS? HOW CAN YOU TAKE AWAY INFANT IMMUNIZATION? HOW CAN YOU TAKE AWAY THE DEPARTMENT THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HEALTH AND CLEANLINESS OF THE FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS? WHO IS GOING TO DO THIS? WILL MR. POWELL BE IN CHARGE OF THESE IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS IN OUR COMMUNITY? PLEASE IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT HE DOES NOTHING FOR HIS NPP POSITION, NPP MEANS NEIGHBORHOOD PRESERVATION, WHAT EXACTLY IS HE PERSERVING, ALLOWING TO TAKE DOWN ONE HOME AND PUTTING TWO HOMES IN THAT LAND, YOU CALL THAT PRESERVATION? MAYOR YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT THAT I CAN SMELL A CROOK, AND YOU KNOW YOU HAVE INVOLMENT IN THE TANSKI SITUATION, DONT YOU? PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND RESIGN, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE TAKEN OUT THIS TIME, PEOPLE ARE FED UP. LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE.....

Just another slap in the face to the Harrison residents. Does he really think anyone will travel to Jersey City for a childs immunization or a flu shot ?? Taxes go up and benefits go down. You're finished Ray. You're hurting the residents that need the help most. They'll remember this next month.

Guest guest
There is no Hudson county Health Dept. !!!!!!!!!!!!

well are you telling me that there is not a Health Department in each town of Hudson County

are you playing stupid? you know he refers to Jersey City in Hudson County

Guest GUEST

I HEARD THE MAYOR SENT SOMEONE TO THE OFFICE TO HAVE TICKETS SQUASHED AND WAS TOLD..F. U. WHEN ASKED "DON'D YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS?" WAS TOLD, I DON'T CARE WHO IT IS, THEY ARE QUILT!"

Guest guest
I HEARD THE MAYOR SENT SOMEONE TO THE OFFICE TO HAVE TICKETS SQUASHED AND WAS TOLD..F. U. WHEN ASKED "DON'D YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS?"  WAS TOLD, I DON'T CARE WHO IT IS, THEY ARE QUILT!"

it was only the finger in the grown key GUILTY IS THE WORD

Guest Reminder

Just a reminder he has no children and could careless about ours he has made that obvious, hint, hint....No parades, no stadiums, no where for the kids to hang out and then they wonder why the kids are in trouble. Hmmmm maybe that is why these kids are out of control and on drugs and joining gangs. That is why we need a Young Person who understands to take over and give the community and the children a nice place to grow up.

Guest YUP
I heard the Mayor is going to combine the Health Dept. with the County. Does this mean I have to take my children to Jersey City for shots?.  What about Senior Citizens, will they provide buses to Jersey City for them.

That is exactly what it means so remember that on election day.

Guest guest
There is no Hudson county Health Dept. !!!!!!!!!!!!

No you will have to go to Jersey City Medical Center and it is like a Train Wreck over there, bring lunch cause you will be there all day

Guest Guest
Just a reminder he has no children and could careless about ours he has made that obvious, hint, hint....No parades, no stadiums, no where for the kids to hang out and then they wonder why the kids are in trouble. Hmmmm maybe that is why these kids are out of control and on drugs and joining gangs. That is why we need a Young Person who understands to take over and give the community and the children a nice place to grow up.

Maybe its their parents fault that their out of control, on drugs and joining gangs.

Guest Guest

Since when do parades and stadiums help our youth? You can have acres of land with stadiums on every block, it wouldn't matter! It is youth programs, respectable mentors, and an administration that cares that makes a difference. Has there ever been these things in Harrison? Maybe a long, long time ago but not in the last 25-30 years. I hear alot of whinning about parks, stadiums (which are great) but these are total material things. I don't see anyone offering to start these types of programs on this site or even bringing it up.

Guest Guest
Since when do parades and stadiums help our youth? You can have acres of land with stadiums on every block, it wouldn't matter! It is youth programs, respectable mentors, and an administration that cares that makes a difference. Has there ever been these things in Harrison? Maybe a long, long time ago but not in the last 25-30 years. I hear alot of whinning about parks, stadiums (which are great) but these are total material things. I don't see anyone offering to start these types of programs on this site or even bringing it up.

Did you ever think family time at the parade, something to go to as a family??? If the kids were involved in things they wouldn't be smoking blunts on Franklin ave where you can buy what ever drug you would like... doing drugs in the seventh grade, having sex in the seventh grade that is totally disgusting, yeah it is the parents fault to but these kids need something.

Guest right
Maybe its their parents fault that their out of control, on drugs and joining gangs.

Yeah it is the parents fault for not giving a crap, but when there is no place for them to go then I blame the Master Minds that ruin this town daily.

Guest Guest

You are drinking too much kool aid. If you go to one of our few basketball courts you will see a game taking place. No caring administration, no mentors, no volunteer supervision. Just kids and a place to play. They don't need a stadium, or an arena, just a place to play. The redevelopment of Harrison offers no such places. Obviously you don't have any kids, or forgot what it was like when you were a kid

Guest Guest

YOU CAN'T HAVE THESE PROGRAMS WHICH YOU SPEAK OF WITHOUT RECREATIONAL FACILITIES. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT BUT WE HAVE NO FACILITIES FOR THESE PROGRAMS. LOOK AT OUR COMMUNITY CENTER, HALF THE SPACE IS USED AS OFFICE OR CONFERENCE ROOM. THAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE WE MUST HAVE FACILITIES TO OCCOMODATE THESE PROGRAMS FOR KIDS ADULTS AND SENIORS. GOOD THINKING, BUT NEED SOLUTION. SOMEHTING THAT SHOULD BE BROUGHT UP TO MIKE SINCE HE WILL BE THE ONLY PERSON INTERESTED IN SOLVING SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS IN THIS COMMUNITY WHICH WE ALL LOVE.

Guest guest

Hinchy has no kids either, and no experience in community or gov't. He just recently figured out what he wanted to do with his own life and now he thinks he can run a town. He has never been a part of anything in the community. Duh

Guest Guest
Yeah it is the parents fault for not giving a crap, but when there is no place for them to go then I blame the Master Minds that ruin this town daily.

If you want the Gov't to raise your kids put them in foster care.

Guest Guest
You are drinking too much kool aid.  If you go to one of our few basketball courts you will see a game taking place.  No caring administration, no mentors, no volunteer supervision.  Just kids and a place to play.  They don't need a stadium, or an arena, just a place to play.  The redevelopment of Harrison offers no such places.  Obviously you don't have any kids, or forgot what it was like when you were a kid

Why don't you volunteer? It was the same when I was a kid, we had nothing to do either.

Guest Guest
You are drinking too much kool aid.  If you go to one of our few basketball courts you will see a game taking place.  No caring administration, no mentors, no volunteer supervision.  Just kids and a place to play.  They don't need a stadium, or an arena, just a place to play.  The redevelopment of Harrison offers no such places.  Obviously you don't have any kids, or forgot what it was like when you were a kid

And you need a reading comprehension lesson. I did not say they don't need a place to play, that is OBVIOUS. What I was saying is that parades and stadiums are not the answer. Building a town recreational area (not a building) with courts and fields while instituting organized programs are. It is a proven fact in all urban areas.

Archived