Mission Acomplished?

Guest Non-Believer

Guest Guest
.) 

And with all of this going on, what was the Daily News front page concern of our dim-witted  leader last weekend?  Whether or not people have the right to sing the national anthem in another language.  Somebody please wake him up and remind him that he participated in a Spanish version at one of his own inaugural events. 

That's good ol' Georgie, Spanish then, no es bueno now. It's a gift. Hide from a war in the National Guard then, use the guard to fight a war now.

And he has the cojones to call anyone else a flip-flopper, too bad he quit drinking, gave up a fine excuse.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest A Voice of Reason
I really hate to make assumptions about people I don't know, but in your case I'll make an exception.  Surely you jest.  You can't possibly be serious. 

9/11 might not have even happened if the Bush administration was smart enough to evaluate the warning signs.  (Ask the survivors of the WTC if they feel protected by the Republicans.)

The war in Iraq is a fiasco based on a lie, with no end in sight, costing us millions of dollars a week.  (Ask the families of the 2,000 plus service people and the countless Iraqi civilians killed in the war, if they feel protected by the Republicans.) 

The federal government completely botched, and continues to botch, the hurricane relief effort. (Ask the victims of Katrina if they feel protected by the Republicans.) 

The price of gas is rising daily which will eventually raise the price of every single commodity that has to be transported.  (Ask average consumers if they feel protected by the Republicans.) 

And with all of this going on, what was the Daily News front page concern of our dim-witted  leader last weekend?  Whether or not people have the right to sing the national anthem in another language.  Somebody please wake him up and remind him that he participated in a Spanish version at one of his own inaugural events. 

You may thank God for Bush.  I thank God for term limits.

Not only are you a Ba** Buster, you make some excellent points. Very good posting.

Guest Loki
Thank God?  You should be ashamed of yourself for involving God.

BLAME the odd system by which we elect a president, after all, Bush received OVER FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND LESS votes than Gore so you cannot claim he was elected by the choice of the American people,

Your continued Kool-Aid references are laughable, own stock in the company?

So just to recap, since your guy LOST with the rules that were, and still are in place, we should change the rules DURING the process.

You can have whatever opinion you like, but if you want the law changed it needs to be done before Election Day. No?

Guest 2smart4u
That's good ol' Georgie, Spanish then, no es bueno now.  It's a gift.  Hide from a war in the National Guard then, use the guard to fight a war now.

And he has the cojones to call anyone else a flip-flopper, too bad he quit drinking, gave up a fine excuse.

It's amusing to read the Kool-Aid drinkers version of reality. Let me set the record straight for all you intellectually challenged liberals. Clinton is responsible for 9/11 because of his feeble cruise missle attack against Bin Laden. 9/11 was a pay-back by Bin Laden. Had Clinton done the job when he knew where Bin Laden was, everything since then may have been avoided.

Guest Guest
So just to recap, since your guy LOST with the rules that were, and still are in place, we should change the rules DURING the process.

You can have whatever opinion you like, but if you want the law changed it needs to be done before Election Day.  No?

If you had any reading comprehension you would realize I was merely making the point that people should be ashamed to involve God with this abomination.

Guest Radagast

Now, now Loki, I don't think anyone above was stating that the Electoral College was unconstitutional in 2000. The only point is that Bush lost the popular vote. In my opinion, if the election in Florida had truly been based on the 'will' of those who voted, Gore would have been President. The bottom line is that Bush was elected by five members of the Supreme Court.

But, Alas! ... that is all history. Frankly, as I have stated many times here, I don't think anyone could have prevented what happened on 9/11. It was planned too well and, more importantly, the folks who did it were willing to die to achieve their outcome. Dedicated and smart crazy people who act in secret are almost impossible to stop in spite of those TV shows and movies. The finger pointing at Bush or Clinton on this just makes no sense to me.

However, since this thread is dredging up some old arguments that we have had many times before on this board ... I proffer the following...

Everything that has happened since the invasion of Iraq has proven Bush and his 'advisors' wrong. It’s easier to list the things that they have done right. The constant whine that 'the media only gives us the bad news' that we get from the right wing gets a little old after 3+ years. One reporter put it best when she said, and I paraphrase - ' If there were five car bombings in New York City and the National Guard had just finished painting a school house... which story do I cover?'

I will say, knowing a bit about politics, that I like the guy they finally chose as Prime Minister... he has more sense about what has to be done than anyone else I’ve heard. I only hope he survives ... folks like that usually don't over there.

The point is that this whole thing was contrived among a small cabal of neo-conservatives who knew little about Middle East history and nothing about military planning. However, arrogance out stages expertise in the Bush Administration and that is why we are where we are.

Guest Guest
It's amusing to read the Kool-Aid drinkers version of reality. Let me set the record straight for all you intellectually challenged liberals. Clinton is responsible for 9/11 because of his feeble cruise missle attack against Bin Laden.  9/11 was a pay-back by Bin Laden. Had Clinton done the job when he knew where Bin Laden was, everything since then may have been avoided.

Clinton was responsible? Why hasn't he been arrested? More evidence of Bush's incompetence?

Why don't you people get over Clinton? He was a private citizen at the time. Why not blame those who aided Afghanistan against the Russians? That certainly aided bin Laden's training ground. Nineteen hihackers were responsible, period. Fifteen of whom were Saudis, you know, those guys that Dubyas prances hand in hand through the Rose Garden with?

Guest Guest
It's amusing to read the Kool-Aid drinkers version of reality. Let me set the record straight for all you intellectually challenged liberals. Clinton is responsible for 9/11 because of his feeble cruise missle attack against Bin Laden.  9/11 was a pay-back by Bin Laden. Had Clinton done the job when he knew where Bin Laden was, everything since then may have been avoided.

Clinton took a shot and missed, Bush sat on his ass and never even pulled the gun. In 5 1/2 years Bush has managed to get us involved in a major conflict with a country NOT TIED to the 9/11 attacks. Gee, I'm really impressed with your version of reality.

Guest Guest
Clinton took a shot and missed, Bush sat on his ass and never even pulled the gun.  In 5 1/2 years Bush has managed to get us involved in a major conflict with a country NOT TIED to the 9/11 attacks.  Gee, I'm really impressed with your version of reality.

The Iraq invasion is not, and never had ANYTHING to do with 9-11..the ONLY people who keep making that correlation is you Libbots. Saddam Hussein DID have ties to Al Quaeda, both in the form of monetary support, as well as sheltering AQ member s over the years, not to mention his support of other terror groups, including Hamas, AMB, Islamic Jihad, and others. His support of terrorist groups, coupled with his refusal to abide by UN resolution 1441 (among others) was the reason for the Military action to unseat him.

Guest Guest
Clinton took a shot and missed, Bush sat on his ass and never even pulled the gun.  In 5 1/2 years Bush has managed to get us involved in a major conflict with a country NOT TIED to the 9/11 attacks.  Gee, I'm really impressed with your version of reality.

You better wake up or you'll be kneeling on a rug faceing the East everyday. Start believing what these people tell us, they want to KILL us and they mean it. Stop with this political he said she said argument it does not matter. What matters is we have a real enemy that wants to kill us and convert our children. Also their very big on womans rights. Wake up people before we destroy us with fairness.

Guest Guest
The Iraq invasion is not, and never had ANYTHING to do with 9-11..the ONLY people who keep making that correlation is you Libbots.  Saddam Hussein DID have ties to Al Quaeda, both in the form of monetary support, as well as sheltering AQ member s over the years, not to mention his support of other terror groups, including Hamas, AMB, Islamic Jihad, and others.  His support of terrorist groups, coupled with his refusal to abide by UN resolution 1441 (among others) was the reason for the Military action to unseat him.

al Quaeda had FAR MORE $ support from Saudi Arabia, why weren't Bush's pals there dealt with? If you take the UN seriously why wasn't UN action insisted upon? If as I suspect you will say the UN is ineffective then don't cite the resolution. Your argument has no logic.

Guest 2smart4u

"Clinton took a shot and missed" ?? LOL His best shot missed and got all over her dress.

Bin Laden planned and carried out 9/11 as a payback for Clinton's pathetic cruise missle attack against him. That's been documented and proven accurate.

Bush or Reagan would have killed Bin Laden or captured him and 9/11 would have never happened.

Notice how the Kool-aid drinkers never talk about that ??

Guest Radagast
The Iraq invasion is not, and never had ANYTHING to do with 9-11..the ONLY people who keep making that correlation is you Libbots.  Saddam Hussein DID have ties to Al Quaeda, both in the form of monetary support, as well as sheltering AQ member s over the years, not to mention his support of other terror groups, including Hamas, AMB, Islamic Jihad, and others.  His support of terrorist groups, coupled with his refusal to abide by UN resolution 1441 (among others) was the reason for the Military action to unseat him.

That post is truly amazing. Are you trying to rewrite history?

What proof do you have of Saddam's ties to Al Quaeda? That's crazy on the face of it. They hated each other. As far as the other pro-palistinian terror groups are concerned, I agree, but many other arab countries who are our 'friends' support them also even to this day.

Also, your concern for UN Resolution 1441 is touching. Bush trampled all over the will of the UN and had Colin Powell blow a whole lot of jive passed them that turned out to be utter BS. They never got approval from the UN and went and did what they wanted to do anyway. Now it turns out that they were wrong on all counts.

Show us PROOF of your Al Quaeda connection. Not some trumped up cloak and dagger, secret proof from the likes of G Gordon Liddy .... real verifiable proof.

Guest Guest
"Clinton took a shot and missed" ?? LOL  His best shot missed and got all over her dress.

Bin Laden planned and carried out 9/11 as a payback for Clinton's pathetic cruise missle attack against him. That's been documented and proven accurate. 

Bush or Reagan would have killed Bin Laden or captured him and 9/11 would have never happened.

Notice how the Kool-aid drinkers never talk about that ??

So what great effort did Bush make to get bin Laden prior to 9/11? Or did bin Laden cease to be a threat on 1/20/01? Your "would have" isn't worth a rat's ass.

Guest Guest
You better wake up or you'll be kneeling on a rug faceing the East everyday. Start believing what these people tell us, they want to KILL us and they mean it. Stop with this political he said she said argument it does not matter. What matters is we have a real enemy that wants to kill us and convert our children. Also their very big on womans rights. Wake up people before we destroy us with fairness.

You're only exposing your bigotry by implying that this should be a war against Islam when it should be a war against terrorists, two DISTINCTLY different things. Try to open your narrow, little mind.

And you are really off base trying to play the women's rights card. What about women's rights in Saudi Arabia? What about women's rights in our great WalMart partner China? Stop being such a damn hypocrite and thinking something can be an issue only when you want it to be.

Guest 2smart4u

What proof do you have of Saddam's ties to Al Quaeda? That's crazy on the face of it. They hated each other. As far as the other pro-palistinian terror groups are concerned, I agree, but many other arab countries who are our 'friends' support them also even to this day.

Also, your concern for UN Resolution 1441 is touching. Bush trampled all over the will of the UN and had Colin Powell blow a whole lot of jive passed them that turned out to be utter BS. They never got approval from the UN and went and did what they wanted to do anyway. Now it turns out that they were wrong on all counts.

Show us PROOF of your Al Quaeda connection. Not some trumped up cloak and dagger, secret proof from the likes of G Gordon Liddy .... real verifiable proof.

You talk about proof ?? What about proof there were no WMD"s ?? Because they haven't found any ?? That's not proof. Saddam had plenty of time to bury them in the desert. Where's your proof Saddam wasn't associated with Al Qaeda ?? Of course Saddam would have covered up any evidence. Lack of evidence has never proved a thing. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, you may even begin to convince yourself.

Guest Guest

Attempting to make this a battle against the entire muslim world only shows your lack of understanding the problem.

The problem is zealots and they come in all denominations, Muslim, Christian, and Jewish, and they are all equally as bad.

Like the clowns Falwell and Robertson who would have you believe that 9/11 was God punishing America for its life style or Robertson who advocates assassinating the president of Venezuela. These are good Christians?

YOU are the one who should wake up and realize that everyone in the world doesn't have to worship the same God to be a decent person.

Guest Guest

Well said Rad!

Guest Guest

Go back to hiding your head in the sand.

Guest Guest
You talk about proof ??  What about proof there were no WMD"s ?? Because they haven't found any ?? That's not proof. Saddam had plenty of time to bury them in the desert. Where's your proof Saddam wasn't associated with Al Qaeda ??  Of course Saddam would have covered up any  evidence. Lack of evidence has never proved a thing. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, you may even  begin to convince yourself.

Can YOU prove that YOU are not associated with al Qaeda? If not maybe YOU should be in jail at Gitmo.

Stop being such a stupid twit with nothing more to say than Kool-Aid.

In America you have to prove that something is, not that it isn't.

Lack of evidence never proved a thing? Gee, there's a lack of evidence Canada will attack us, we'd better plan a pre-emptive strike.

Guest Loki

You'll have to forgive me Rad, but I really couldn't care less about the will of the UN. These people tapped Iran for the nuclear disarmament commission, do you think they did this as a coincidence. I'll worry about the UN when they stop being part of the problem. And, it wasn't just one resolution, several resolutions were ignored, sooner or later, something has to be done. All the UN was good for was, "no this time we REALLY mean it."

They also had a stellar choice for the Human Rights council, remember that one?

Guest BushBacker
You talk about proof ??  What about proof there were no WMD"s ?? Because they haven't found any ?? That's not proof. Saddam had plenty of time to bury them in the desert. Where's your proof Saddam wasn't associated with Al Qaeda ??  Of course Saddam would have covered up any  evidence. Lack of evidence has never proved a thing. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, you may even  begin to convince yourself.

Well said, 2smart. The Kool-aid crowd has never recovered from their boy Gore losing. They've been reduced to name calling, which is so immature.

Guest Guest
Well said, 2smart. The Kool-aid crowd has never recovered from their boy Gore losing. They've been reduced to name calling, which is so immature.

Name calling? Nah, we just can't figure out what's worse with you people, your obsession with Kool-Aid or Clintin.

Guest Guest
You're only exposing your bigotry by implying that this should be a war against Islam when it should be a war against terrorists, two DISTINCTLY different things.  Try to open your narrow, little mind.

And you are really off base trying to play the women's rights card.  What about women's rights in Saudi Arabia?  What about women's rights in our great WalMart partner China?  Stop being such a damn hypocrite and thinking something can be an issue only when you want it to be.

Listen asshole you just don't get it. I'm not implying anything, these people have made war against us the great satin remember? And as far as Saudi Arabia is concerned I never mentioned it you did. I just don't understand your anger over the mention of the truth. At least woman have the right to vote now. Stop trying to spin issues and just stay on the subject at hand.

Archived