"Can't Afford It"

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

Harrison is the only town in Hudson, Essex or Bergen Counties that doesn't

film and record council meetings. Making phone calls to about fifty (50) town

clerks, I could not find one town that doesn't film and record council meetings.

Our illustrious mayor has said "we can't afford to do it" !! This remark

coming from a man who bonded 40 million dollars to fund a stadium and is

bonding another additional 11 million toward the parking deck.

Attending council meetings in this town is a joke, the mayor and council

clearly do not want the residents to know the business dealings of this

administration, and they will fight tooth and nail to keep us in the dark.

This town is such a disgrace and embarrassment, I can only hope the

feds lock everybody up.

clerks, I could not find one town that doesn't film and record council meetings.

Our illustrious mayor has said "we can't afford to do it" !!  This remark

feds lock everybody up.

76398[/snapback]

well we have aclock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA, HA, HA

feds lock everybody up.

76398[/snapback]

We can hope for some justice We are an embarassment to the point where no one from this planet believes what this mayor gets away with

Guest Guest_Taxpayer_*

feds lock everybody up.

76398[/snapback]

Yeah, during the election campaign, he said no one ever asked him to televise the meetings. Wonder if he said that with a straight face?

Why did they buy a new clock when there is one right next door on the town hall?

76453[/snapback]

WHY DON'T THEY PUT SOME MONEY INTO THE SCHOOL SYSTEM. THE POOR CHILD HAVE NOTHING IN THE SCHOOL.

Guest Mahogany Head Ray!
Yeah, during the election campaign, he said no one ever asked him to televise the meetings.  Wonder if he said that with a straight face?

76472[/snapback]

Once again when a town of 20,000 can allow a voting year to go by and permit the clowns that aspired to political office in Harrison over the past 30 years remain in office. All the discontent or malcontent amounts to a hill of shit unless more than 400 of the registered voters get off your Asses and go out to the polls and send Ray, and the Peter B. team home for GOOD! Can we do this, the next time around, if not then, put the hacienda on the market for big Jim Doran to sell it for you and move ON!

I can't understand why filming meetings in the town hall is such a big issue. Meetings I've attended don't really draw many people out to see what's gonig on because I don't think many care anymore. If you think you are going to get town residents to watch these meeting on their TV's when the can be watching CSI or LAW AND ORDER or the many reality shows that are on their TV you are kidding yourself. If the public was interested on town politics there would be standing room only . Harrison is not a town where the majority of its residents are shut in's , we are not a retirement village, and everyone talking about redevelopment in town which you would hope the the new people investing in the town have a long life ahead of them and are not all retireies , young and moble..............

I can't understand why filming meetings in the town hall is such a big issue. Meetings I've attended don't really draw many people out to see what's gonig on because I don't think many care anymore. If you think you are going to get town residents to watch these meeting on their TV's when the can be watching CSI or LAW AND ORDER or the many reality shows that are on their TV you are kidding yourself. If the public was interested on town politics there would be standing room only . Harrison is not a town where the majority of its residents are shut in's , we are not a retirement village, and everyone talking about redevelopment in town which you would hope the the new people investing in the town have a long life ahead of them and are not all retireies , young and moble..............

I can't understand why filming meetings in the town hall is such a big issue.  Meetings I've attended don't really draw many people out to see what's gonig on because I don't think many care anymore.  If you think you are going to get town residents to watch these meeting on their TV's when the can be watching CSI or LAW AND ORDER or the many reality shows that are on their TV you are kidding yourself.  If the public was interested on town politics there would be standing room only .  Harrison is not a town where the majority of its residents are shut in's , we are not a retirement village, and everyone talking about redevelopment in town which you would hope the the new people investing in the town have a long life ahead of them and are not all retireies , young and moble..............

76527[/snapback]

Could it be that they are too old to be out at night or they don't know when the meetings are, we need a bolleting board, not a clock.

Guest Guest8888
And Part Ztime croosing Guards who get full medical benifits...why is this?????

76464[/snapback]

I do not know where You get Your information from but the crossing Guards get NO , I REpEAT NO MEDICAL BENIFITS WHAT SO EVER.....GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER ....REPEAT NO MEDICAL BENEFITS>>>>GOT IT FOOL.

Could it be that they are too old to be out at night or they don't know when the meetings are, we need a bolleting board, not a clock.

76530[/snapback]

if the old people don't go out of their homes what good would a bullitin board do ? and what makes you think that they really care what's going on at this point in time of their lives ?

76530[/snapback]

MEETINGS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HELD AT THE TOWN HALL ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH , THAT IS NOT A DIFFICULT THING TO REMEMBER.

Guest Guest****
I do not know where You get Your information from but the crossing Guards get NO , I REpEAT NO MEDICAL BENIFITS WHAT SO EVER.....GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER ....REPEAT NO MEDICAL BENEFITS>>>>GOT IT FOOL.

76545[/snapback]

The crossing Guards do not , but the hired Ticket People get Sick Days, Benefits and after every so many weeks they get a few days added to their vacation time.......

After we get the bolleting board, maybe we could try for a bulletin board..... :rolleyes:

MEETINGS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HELD AT THE TOWN HALL ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH  , THAT IS NOT A DIFFICULT THING TO REMEMBER.

76591[/snapback]

Not anymore. The meetings are now held on odd Fridays at 6 p.m. People started showing up on Tuesdays so its necessary to schedule them for Fridays at 6 p.m. now. It is however interfering with the bar scene in Harrison since the attendance of town employees and councilmembers at the meeting is mandatory per McDonough. Cheer when I give the signal to cheer and boo when I give the signal to boo or else your job is on the line.

MEETINGS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HELD AT THE TOWN HALL ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH  , THAT IS NOT A DIFFICULT THING TO REMEMBER.

76591[/snapback]

YOU ARE RIGHT, BUT YOU FAIL TO REMEMBER THAT THESE MEETINGS ARE CONSTANTLY BEING CHANGED TO FRIDAYS AT 6PM OR OTHER DAYS, WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT, AND THEY POST IT IN THE TOWN HALL FOR ALL THE RESIDENTS TO SEE, ISEN'T THAT GREAT FOR THEM.

76591[/snapback]

WE OLDER FOLKS KNOW WHEN THE MEETINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE

JUST KIND OF LEARY OF GOING OUT INTO 'NO CRIME TOWN ' JUST TO BE WALKED OUT ON WHEN WE ASK A QUESTION11111111111111111111

The crossing Guards do not , but the hired Ticket People get Sick Days, Benefits and after every so many weeks they get a few days added to their vacation time.......

76608[/snapback]

WELL ME KNOW WHY THE TICKET PEOPLE GET BENEFITS, LOOK WHO IT IS. THE STATE WILL BE IN SOON, DON'T WORRY.

76591[/snapback]

The meeting on the first Tuesday is like a preliminary meeting to a second meeting that takes place at the call of the chair. This second meeting is where most business is transacted.

Guest BlueTideBacker
The meeting on the first Tuesday is like a preliminary meeting to a second meeting that takes place at the call of the chair.  This second meeting is where most business is transacted.

76697[/snapback]

You forgot the pre-meeting caucus that's held in private. That's where all the

secret stuff is discussed.

WELL ME KNOW WHY THE TICKET PEOPLE GET BENEFITS, LOOK WHO IT IS.  THE STATE WILL BE IN SOON, DON'T WORRY.

76696[/snapback]

The state is in. They gave us six million in distressed city aid, they are increasing the amount of Abbott district funding we get, and they authorized buying the clock. Now what's your problem?

You forgot the pre-meeting caucus that's held in private. That's where all the

secret stuff is discussed.

76745[/snapback]

OK DON'T GET CONFUSSED the caucus is done before the regular meeting around the big table on the third floor. you can leasing to whatever they are talking but you can not participate IF they decide that they have to discused something in private they call for closed section and they will go into the Mayor Office