Deputy Chief Reduction

Guest Concerned Citizen

Guest Concerned Citizen

Can someone explain why this mayor, would lead us down the road where their is a Deputy Chief position deleted yet he continues to employ two, yes 2 Recreation Directors in a job that only needs 1? Can we please save the taxpayers money and the kids of this town some stability in their leagues and fix the disfunctional Recreation Department and not worry about the Police Department, which does a great job in keeping our citizenry safe!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain why this mayor, would lead us down the road where their is a Deputy Chief position deleted yet he continues to employ two, yes 2 Recreation Directors in a job that only needs 1? Can we please save the taxpayers money and the kids of this town some stability in their leagues and fix the disfunctional Recreation Department and not worry about the Police Department, which does a great job in keeping our citizenry safe!

76265[/snapback]

There are not two Recreation Directors.

76265[/snapback]

The Recreation Department is this town has been in shambles now and I believe that noone knows how to fix it. Even with two people is cannot run efficiently. Maybe its time for someone to take a good look there?

The only program that seems to still attact the kids is the Privately funded traveling soccer team. Thank you Thistle and please don't stop.

I am glad that it doesn't get involved with the General's football program because that is finally turning around into something that is repretable and in this town that is rare to find.

Thinking of programs that have gone away. Fast pitch softball the recreation department charged an enormous amount and chased everyone away.

Little League baseball has also been going down. It's not because of registration either. Both my children have passed through that program and now to old to reap any benefits of it anymore.

I know Mr. Landy tried to get a basketball program started but maybe with the addition of a few basketball courts around, the children might start playing. They were taken down because it attracted a certain type of "element" as was the reason.

Tony and the hockey program keeps moving along. Wishing him success and hoping he stays with it.

Hoping someday something is done with the Oval. The back road looks something out of a bombed out area. Trying to avoid the crators that have been unearthed there can nearly cause an accident. That whole area should be redone and now with Harvey Field finished the off season activies can me moved there while it is overhalled. Other towns are getting improvements.

Season Greetings; I feel the Mayor and Council should not realign nor alter the current parameter matrix that supports the superior command structure of the KPD. The Mayor may not realize this but the shield's these officers strap on everyday are more than just a number to the officer and their family's. The elite officer's who hold these positions of honor in question have all earned a level of respect that must not dismantled or tarnished by political folly or economic futility. These already limned positions in question carry a symbol of creed and accomplishment that few have the courage or inclination to comprehend. Ye Gods! If anything was to change at KPD it should be to add two sergeants and one captain. In this new game of jihad cloak and dagger policing operations are so complex in nature that they demand a muti level redundant command structure in order to combat any police emergency that may arise while this Country is at war.

Guest Youth Football Parent

You are wrong about the Generals. The Recreation did get involved and it was a total disaster. Something has to be done. The person to fix this is Carol Jean Doyle, Landy doesn't care at all about our kids particular the football he coaches Harrison for chrissakes.

Season Greetings; I feel the Mayor and Council should not realign nor alter the current parameter matrix that supports the superior command structure of the KPD. The Mayor may not realize this but the shield's these officers strap on everyday are more than just a number to the officer and their family's. The elite officer's who hold these positions of honor in question have all earned a level of respect that must not dismantled or tarnished by political folly or economic futility. These already limned positions in question carry a symbol of creed and accomplishment that few have the courage or inclination to comprehend. Ye Gods! If anything was to change at KPD it should be to add two sergeants and one captain. In this new game of jihad cloak and dagger policing operations are so complex in nature that they demand a muti level redundant command structure in order to combat any police emergency that may arise while this Country is at war.

76373[/snapback]

PLEASE!!TOO MANY CHIEFS NOT ENOUGH INDIANS.GET REAL.!!!

Guest Kearny Taxpayer

76373[/snapback]

Your "multi level redundant command structure" is a big reason for the

tax increases that I can no longer afford to pay.

They did ruin the Generals and the worst part is no one on the Town Council cared one bit!

76396[/snapback]

i also had my kids in the generals program in town . and i think the program on the footbaal side has been 10 times better then in the past . i remember the days when the kids practiced all week and never played or very little. now my nephew plays and all he and his friend talks about is how much fun they have and they play somtimes 2 times a week.

They did ruin the Generals and the worst part is no one on the Town Council cared one bit!

76396[/snapback]

I don,t know about that, ruined ?

My son played and he had a great season The coaches were good and seemed to care. All my son talked about was football at dinner. :P I signed on here to read the replys of the K.P.D. how did the generals get here? There are the same post on other topics rec / generals. Someone has it in for the rec and generals.SO GO POST THERE AND GET A LIFE. :lol:

Guest Studies and Observations

More of a problem is the Cap on the number of Patrolmen. Now some here will say "Good we need a Cap" and on paper it SOUNDS great, but there is an underlying problem that no one ever thinks about. It takes upwards of 9 Months sometimes as long as 10-12 months for a New Patrolman to actually BE on the street from the day they are hired. Even people coming from other agencied have a certain amount of field training (6-8 weeks minimum) before they get their final assignments. By putting this cap on, it means that new people CANNOT be hired, until the people they replace are off the books completely. Lets say that 10 people retire in 2008. There will NOT be an academy class starting up until July or august that the town could get people into. So now you're looking at April/may 2009 before new Hirees are on the street....and once again it's after the beginning of the rear, which means MORE empty slots from people retiring. In effect, by putting this cap on, the Mayor and Council have ENSURED that the Police Department will never, EVER be at it's full complement of officers. Once again..there are people here who will say "Good" that's less salaries to pay. The problem is, that People get sick and injured, people take Vacations, and spots have to be filled..that means Overtime. So, next year...when the Mayor is screaming about how Expensive the Police Dept is, and how the cops are getting all this overtime, remember that it's because of his OWN POLICY.

Guest observing too
More of a problem is the Cap on the number of Patrolmen.  Now some here will say "Good we need a Cap" and on paper it SOUNDS great, but there is an underlying problem that no one ever thinks about.  It takes upwards of 9 Months sometimes as long as 10-12 months for a New Patrolman to actually BE on the street from the day they are hired.  Even people coming from other agencied have a certain amount of field training (6-8 weeks minimum) before they get their final assignments.  By putting this cap on, it means that new people CANNOT be hired, until the people they replace are off the books completely.  Lets say that 10 people retire in 2008.  There will NOT be an academy class starting up until July or august that the town could get people into.  So now you're looking at April/may 2009 before new Hirees are on the street....and once again it's after the beginning of the rear, which means MORE empty slots from people retiring.  In effect, by putting this cap on, the Mayor and Council have ENSURED that the Police Department will never, EVER be at it's full complement of officers.  Once again..there are people here who will say "Good" that's less salaries to pay.  The problem is, that People get sick and injured, people take Vacations, and spots have to be filled..that means Overtime.  So, next year...when the Mayor is screaming about how Expensive the Police Dept is, and how the cops are getting all this overtime, remember that it's because of his OWN POLICY.

76575[/snapback]

ok perhaps there should be no cap, but on the other hand there are more chiefs than indians, perhaps if the chiefs would get out from behind their desks, some do I can;t say all then maybe there would not be a need for overtime.  The only time they come out from behind their desks is if there is overtime for parades.

76265[/snapback]

YOUR RIGHT! LET;S GO FURTHER,HOW ABOUT THE MONEY FOR MT DEPUTY MAYOR /SECRETARY TO MAYOR/OR WHATEVER DAMN TITLE THE TOWN IS PAYING HER TO DO IS WASTED MONEY!!!!ALSO CHECK OUT THE NICE BENEFITS/VACATION/SICK TIME/PERSONAL DAYS PACKAGE THE MAYOR GAVE HER.!!!!

76833[/snapback]

OK, since you seem to know so much "Observing" NAME these Chiefs That never leave the Building??? Chief Dowie is ALWAYS driving around town, day AND Night. D/C King is out and about every day, D/C Corbett (Investigations) Responds to calls with his Detectives, and D/C Corbett (Planning) Is constantly attending County and State Homeland Security/OEM meetings, as well as keeping track of training, and ensuring the the HQ building and 2nd PCt buildings are maintained. Sounds like you have some personal Problem with them..Whats wrong?? Faile the Test?? or maybe the Background Invest perchance???

i also had my kids in the generals program in town . and i think the program on the footbaal side has been 10 times better then in the past . i remember the days when the kids practiced all week and never played or very little. now my nephew plays and all he and his friend talks about is how much fun they have and they play somtimes 2 times a week.

76492[/snapback]

Good try ***** ******.stop patting yourself,s on the back.Thank god you guys gave up!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

More of a problem is the Cap on the number of Patrolmen.  Now some here will say "Good we need a Cap" and on paper it SOUNDS great, but there is an underlying problem that no one ever thinks about.  It takes upwards of 9 Months sometimes as long as 10-12 months for a New Patrolman to actually BE on the street from the day they are hired.  Even people coming from other agencied have a certain amount of field training (6-8 weeks minimum) before they get their final assignments.  By putting this cap on, it means that new people CANNOT be hired, until the people they replace are off the books completely.  Lets say that 10 people retire in 2008.  There will NOT be an academy class starting up until July or august that the town could get people into.  So now you're looking at April/may 2009 before new Hirees are on the street....and once again it's after the beginning of the rear, which means MORE empty slots from people retiring.  In effect, by putting this cap on, the Mayor and Council have ENSURED that the Police Department will never, EVER be at it's full complement of officers.  Once again..there are people here who will say "Good" that's less salaries to pay.  The problem is, that People get sick and injured, people take Vacations, and spots have to be filled..that means Overtime.  So, next year...when the Mayor is screaming about how Expensive the Police Dept is, and how the cops are getting all this overtime, remember that it's because of his OWN POLICY.

76575[/snapback]

that is the best answer i have read so far...people dont get it, they read we are saving money and do not really look into whats going on...what the mayor and town council don't want to tell you, is they rather have the police and fire department run short handed and pay tons in overtime rather then pay a new guy regular pay and their medical coverage...so in the end the town is saving money, but they are doing it at the cost of the safety of the officers and people in town.

YOUR RIGHT! LET;S GO FURTHER,HOW ABOUT THE MONEY FOR MT DEPUTY MAYOR /SECRETARY TO MAYOR/OR WHATEVER DAMN TITLE THE TOWN IS PAYING HER TO DO IS WASTED MONEY!!!!ALSO CHECK OUT THE NICE BENEFITS/VACATION/SICK TIME/PERSONAL DAYS PACKAGE THE MAYOR GAVE HER.!!!!

76900[/snapback]

He has two of them in his office, not one. The second lives out of town. X 2= DOUBLE PAY AND DOUBLE BENNY'S. But that's ok right mayor?

Guest Cardinal

It's a shame that they are doing away with 1 deputy chief rank in the kPD. The Chief spoke out against it. Who is going to be in charge of recycling now? I guess the Chief is ready to pull the pin now that he is openly defying the Mayor. I guess it's a parting shot after keping his moth closed for 10 years. :D

It's a shame that they are doing away with 1 deputy chief rank in the kPD. The Chief spoke out against it. Who is going to be in charge of recycling now? I guess the Chief is ready to pull the pin now that he is openly defying the Mayor. I guess it's a parting shot after keping his moth closed for 10 years. :)

77037[/snapback]

In harrison they have 1 D/Chief and 2 Captains for 56 Officers. The D/Chief and Captains do not get overtime. They also have civilians on the desk, not Lieutenants and Patrolman. The KPD is the least efficient and progressive PD in the State of NJ and the PBA means to keep it that way. Less efficiency means more overtime. It's time the Town Manager looks into this. He's going to have a fight on his hands, but isn't that why he's there.

Any one know what happened last night at the Town meetings?

77169[/snapback]

SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.WHAT A JOKE.40 THOUSAND RESIDENTS IN THE TOWN OF KEARNY ,BUT ONLY 40 RESIDENTS SHOWED UP.WHAT A DISGRACE.!!!!!