kearny stores

pissed off American

Guest Concerned

:( It's sad to say but I have wondered the same thing. But then I thought about it, Americans want that dream, I'll buy a business, make alot of money and then retire, well they buy a business, make only a little money, because they don't want to put all that time in,because now they have no time for family, vacations or just chillin, so the answer, sell to the highest bidder, who? a foreigner, because they have nothing on thier minds except make money make money and than make more money, then, when they are 65 or so that's when it is time for family, vacations and just chillin, back in thier own country so that's why 80 percent of the business's are owned by foreigners.

Guest Guest

If there's an american that has some money,and can afford to open an american store they will make a fortune. A nice bakery would be fantastic or butcher.

Guest cONCERNED
If there's an american that has some money,and can afford to open an american store they will make a fortune. A nice bakery would be fantastic or butcher.

:huh: Oh yes! I remember all the meat markets in town when I was a kid, and even after I got married. I really don't understand what happened. Damn, an American Bakery, and butcher what are we thinking about, like that will ever happen again

even the beauty salons, florists, small department stores, and most of the deli's

we are just living in a dream, if we think things will ever be the same. :(

Guest guest
:rolleyes: Oh yes! I remember all the meat markets in town when I was a kid, and even after I got married. I really don't understand what happened. Damn, an American Bakery, and butcher what are we thinking about, like that will ever happen again

even the beauty salons, florists, small department stores, and most of the deli's

we are just living in a dream, if we think things will ever be the same. :lol:

No they will not. We will have to deal with what we have. There is a butcher across from Harrison High, he is hispanic but they are very nice, they speak english and their meats are very good.

Guest Guest

how about a american lunchenette with stools. Wouldn't that be great for us people who like to have lunch and with people we understand. There are still alot of us here because when they have the concerts in the summer they all come out.

Guest Ba** Buster
:rolleyes: It's sad to say but I have wondered the same thing. But then I thought about it, Americans want that dream, I'll buy a business, make alot of money and then retire, well they buy a business, make only a little money, because they don't want to put all that time in,because now they have no time for family, vacations or just chillin, so the answer, sell to the highest bidder, who? a foreigner, because they have nothing on thier minds except make money make money and than make more money, then, when they are 65 or so that's when it is time for family, vacations and just chillin, back in thier own country so that's why 80 percent of the business's are owned by foreigners.

Yeah, damn those foreigners. They save their money and come here to buy a business. They fix up their property. They value education. Take a look at the names of the high honor students at graduation--foreigners. They work 18 hour days to send the kids to college. What are they trying to prove? Bastards!

Guest Guest

Let me see if I have this straight.

There use to be several quality meat stores and delis in the Town of Kearny. These mom and pop establishments couldn't keep up with the larger grocery stores and the town’s people didn't support these stores by shopping at them, so they were forced to sell. Have I gotten it right so far?

So now the Town of Kearny has a new wave of immigration, whose members are looking for an honest way to feed their families, pay their taxes, and save some money so they can one day retire. They see a need in the community and do well to serve it. They stay in business because the immigrant community that they serve supports them. Am I still on track here?

So what is the problem here?

For Pete's sake get off of your high horses and STOP complaining so much! These business owners are no different than those that came before them. Let's see...the Scottish bakery.....owned by a Scotsman. The Italian butcher....owned by an Italian. See the pattern....

What difference does it make where these shopkeepers come from? They are living their American dream. Or is that dream only reserved for "Special" Americans?

As a nation we have become so intolerant of our neighbors. We are so judgmental, and self serving. We strive only for our own personal success and have little or no concern for the success of others.

Remember the next time a Sunday evening comes around and you've forgotten to get that loaf of bread you need for the next day. Keep in mind that the only store open to satisfy your need is owned by an immigrant.

Guest Anti Walmart

There use to be several quality meat stores and delis in the Town of Kearny. These mom and pop establishments couldn't keep up with the larger grocery stores and the town’s people didn't support these stores by shopping at them, so they were forced to sell. Have I gotten it right so far?

So now the Town of Kearny has a new wave of immigration, whose members are looking for an honest way to feed their families, pay their taxes, and save some money so they can one day retire. They see a need in the community and do well to serve it. They stay in business because the immigrant community that they serve supports them. Am I still on track here?

For Pete's sake get off of your high horses and STOP complaining so much! These business owners are no different than those that came before them. Let's see...the Scottish bakery.....owned by a Scotsman. The Italian butcher....owned by an Italian. See the pattern....

What difference does it make where these shopkeepers come from? They are living their American dream. Or is that dream only reserved for "Special" Americans?

As a nation we have become so intolerant of our neighbors. We are so judgmental, and self serving. We strive only for our own personal success and have little or no concern for the success of others.

Remember the next time a Sunday evening comes around and you've forgotten to get that loaf of bread you need for the next day. Keep in mind that the only store open to satisfy your need is owned by an immigrant.

Don't worry Americans, Mayor Santos sponsored Walmart will wipe out every local business in Kearny, Harrison and East Newark with their low prices on everything. From meat to pencils. There will be no local businesses left. Other communities fought WalMart every step of the way. Edison even got a $1 million gift to help local businesses (a pay off in my opinion) but Kearny got nothing. So American, don't worry those businesses will soon be out of business and you and Mayor Santos can be happy. Can't wait till the photo op in front of the Walmart, Mayor Santos cuts ribbon commemorating the Grand Opening of the Kearny Walmart and the closure of every mom and pop store on Harrison Avenue and Kearny Avenue. Just great!

Guest guest

Ever hear of assimilatiom???? It's a word the current immigrants know nothing about....I know my Grandparents had to assimilate since there was no such thing as bilingual signs. Try standing on line at the Post Office and waiting 20 minutes since people can't speak English...

Guest Guest

Have you ever heard of the word,TOLERANCE?

sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own.

My great grandparents emigrated from Italy in 1906 and did not speak English. My great grandfather made his living operating a roasted peanuts cart in NYC and my great grandmother dedicated her life to raising 5 AMERICAN children. They did so knowing very little English. They were successful in spite of their language skills because of their determination, the support they received from others in the Italian community, and the support the received from their English speaking children. They died in the mid 70's still only speaking broken English. Their lack of mastering the English language was not due to resistance or laziness. These two very bright people sacrificed their own comfort and understanding for the sake of their children.

Just because someone in front of you at the post office requires at little more attention or needs to spoken to a little slower doesn't mean they are not assimilating. There are times when I need to have things that I don't understand repeated to me because of my lack of understanding. But I suppose as high minded as you are you would tell me to get out of the country too!

If the lack of English speaking establishments is a concern for you, than do something about it. Might I suggest quitting your job, and buying a business? Then not only would you have taken a stand on an issue that is so important to you but you also would’ve taken action.

Guest guest

We now have to assimilate to every nationality that comes in. No wonder the state and federal govt are broke, having to make up pamphlets, tax returns, laws, regulations, instructions, etc... in every language under the sun.

Was there a vote in town on the Wal-Mart? I will not be shopping there, in my opinion you get what you pay for. Cheap prices, cheap merchandise made by companies that I have never heard of. Name brands cost just as much there as anywhere else.

Guest Guest 22

Let's face it, the town is now so populated by non-english speaking, and schools are loaded with them and the younger ones who do speak english, still speak another language in the presence of english speaking residents. I agree the town now belongs to them and if you chose not to be in the minority, then you must move to a town that has not yet turned over it's population. There is no other answer.

Guest Guest
Yeah, damn those foreigners.  They save their money and come here to buy a business.  They fix up their property.  They value education.  Take a look at the names of the high honor students at graduation--foreigners.  They work 18 hour days to send the kids to college.  What are they trying to prove?  Bastards!

You neglect to mention that upon entering college, they are shown special consideration and money because they are a minority. Herein lies the resentment by the hard working english speaking population who want better for their kids. The minorities are put ahead of them to meet quotas. We can thank the politicians

Guest Ba** Buster
You neglect to mention that upon entering college, they are shown special consideration and money because they are a minority. Herein lies the resentment by the hard working english speaking population who want better for their kids. The minorities are put ahead of them to meet quotas. We can thank the politicians

You mean the English speaking people who don't know enough to capitalize the word "English"?

Guest Ba** Buster

sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own.

My great grandparents emigrated from Italy in 1906 and did not speak English. My great grandfather made his living operating a roasted peanuts cart in NYC and my great grandmother dedicated her life to raising 5 AMERICAN children. They did so knowing very little English. They were successful in spite of their language skills because of their determination, the support they received from others in the Italian community, and the support the received from their English speaking children. They died in the mid 70's still only speaking broken English. Their lack of mastering the English language was not due to resistance or laziness. These two very bright people sacrificed their own comfort and understanding for the sake of their children.

Just because someone in front of you at the post office requires at little more attention or needs to spoken to a little slower doesn't mean they are not assimilating. There are times when I need to have things that I don't understand repeated to me because of my lack of understanding. But I suppose as high minded as you are you would tell me to get out of the country too!

If the lack of English speaking establishments is a concern for you, than do something about it. Might I suggest quitting your job, and buying a business? Then not only would you have taken a stand on an issue that is so important to you but you also would’ve  taken action.

Well said. Thank you.

Guest guest

If the lack of English speaking establishments is a concern for you, than do something about it. Might I suggest quitting your job, and buying a business? Then not only would you have taken a stand on an issue that is so important to you but you also would’ve  taken action.

Let me suggest that you call NJ tax cheat hotline so we know that these foreign business are registered to do business and are paying their share of taxes. Since many have no idea what taxes are or the laws regarding this or that they have to pay them at all. They want to send their profits out of this country lets make sure that we get our cut first. :lol:

Guest Guest

let's all get a protest going to send the illegal imm.back. WE will all come out for that.How do these kids that don't speak a word of english pass their grade.And our kids fail. Also they are here illegal taking all the jobs from us.

Guest Proud Parent
let's all get a protest going to send the illegal imm.back. WE will all come out for that.How do these kids that don't speak a word of english pass their grade.And our kids fail. Also they are here illegal taking all the jobs from us.

Don't say our kids , you must be talking about your kids. Stop drinking beer and find a job, then maybe they won't take jobs from you. And who is we , do you think you are making any sense. Wake up idiot.

Guest guest

The illegals are planning a sick out on May 1st. They think that they can hurt America by not going to work. It will only hurt the people who hire them, it would be a perfect time for all unemployed citizens to apply for a job. They should research how illegals are treated in their countries. They left for a reason you don't see Americans flocking to Mexico for work.

Guest Concerned
:P Let's not go there, ny next door neighbor recently sold their house after 27yrs a Hispanic family of three adults purchased the house, two weeks later another family moved into the basement ( it's a 1 family) don't speak English, so if they don't speak or understand English. It's very frustrating, my parents learned the English language there was never a brochure or pamphlet written in any language but English, America use to be the place that everyone wanted to go, they wanted to be American, now it's just a good safe place to live , make good money and then send it back to the old country to bring over more family, it's a vicious cycle

Guest Housing Inspector
:angry: Let's not go there, ny next door neighbor recently sold their house after 27yrs a Hispanic family of three adults purchased the house, two weeks later another family moved into the basement ( it's a 1 family) don't speak English, so if they don't speak or understand English. It's very frustrating, my parents learned the English language there was never a brochure or pamphlet written in any language but English, America use to be the place that everyone wanted to go, they wanted to be American, now it's just a good safe place to live , make good money and then send it back to the old country to bring over more family, it's a vicious cycle

Dear Concerned,

Did you call the town hall to report this ?? What you describe is called "stacking" and is illegal. If you don't report it, nothing can be done about it. Complaining on KOTW doesn't cut it.

Guest Guest 1
:angry: Let's not go there, ny next door neighbor recently sold their house after 27yrs a Hispanic family of three adults purchased the house, two weeks later another family moved into the basement ( it's a 1 family) don't speak English, so if they don't speak or understand English. It's very frustrating, my parents learned the English language there was never a brochure or pamphlet written in any language but English, America use to be the place that everyone wanted to go, they wanted to be American, now it's just a good safe place to live , make good money and then send it back to the old country to bring over more family, it's a vicious cycle

This goes on a lot and only adds to the town's problems and financial costs. Call the Building Dept. at Town Hall, ask for Mr. Martello, it's his job to enforce this kind of thing. If you don't call, then don't complain.

Archived