the real new stadium

Guest positive

Guest positive

It's so sad you all spend so much time flapping your gums or keyboards,so to speak, about all the negative crap.how about something that's a reality and soon to be opened ,the new high school stadium.I urge everyone to take a walk past this state-of -the art facility on the corner of Hamilton and Schuyler.The naysayers and the critics of everything should take a step back and focus on something that no one ever thought they see in this mile square community.There isn't a facility like it in north jersey and it is for our kids and our community>no one person has to be given credit for it but when you see it,and you will be impressed, at least says thanks to the many people who help make it happen.And for God's sake take care of it.It sure as hell is something very,very positive. Rock On

Guest Partners??
Harrison: Stadium start by Aug. 15

... ROSE DUGER, JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT HARRISON - Local officials and Red Bull representatives say the $100 million sale of the team won't affect construction of the soccer stadium, which Mayor Raymond J. McDonough says is expected to begin by Aug. 15. "What it does for everyone - the town and the county - is add another financial partner to the deal," McDonough said of the pact, which was approved Thursday by Major League Soccer. "It's a home run for everyone." Plans for the 20,000-seat...

$40,000,000 is coming from the town of Harrison (A PARTNER)

-but not 1$ from a ticket sale;

-not 1$ from a t-shirt sold;

-not 1$ from a soccer ball sold;

-not 1$ from a beer sold;

-not 1$ from a job (Since Aramark has the food contract)

We will spend money on cleaning up after a game.

We will spend money on extra security with 20,000 people in town.

WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS SENSE DOES THIS MAKE??

And how come we don't vote on this decision like shareholders?

Guest CONTAMINATION
It's so sad you all spend so much time flapping your gums or keyboards,so to speak, about all the negative crap.how about something that's a reality and soon to be opened ,the new high school stadium.I urge everyone to take a walk past this state-of -the art facility on the corner of Hamilton and Schuyler.The naysayers and the critics of everything should take a step back and focus on something that no one ever thought they see in this mile square community.There isn't a facility like it in north jersey and it is for our kids and our community>no one person has to be given credit for it but when you see it,and you will be impressed, at least says thanks to the many people who help make it happen.And for God's sake take care of it.It sure as hell is something very,very positive. Rock On
JUST HOPE THAT OUR KIDS DON'T GET SICK FROM THE LAND BEING SO CONTAMINATED. AFTER ALL IT TOOK SO LONG TO BUILD BECAUSE OF THE CLEAN UP! I HOPE THERE ARE TESTERS TESTING THE QUALITY OF THE AIR WE'LL BE BREATHING IN ON THE FIELD AND IN THE SCHOOLS.

Guest guest
JUST HOPE THAT OUR KIDS DON'T GET SICK FROM THE LAND BEING SO CONTAMINATED.  AFTER ALL IT TOOK SO LONG TO BUILD BECAUSE OF THE CLEAN UP!  I HOPE THERE ARE TESTERS TESTING THE QUALITY OF THE AIR WE'LL BE BREATHING IN ON THE FIELD AND IN THE SCHOOLS.

duh, you have been breathing it in for years. Wear a respirator if you are so scared.

Guest Guest
It's so sad you all spend so much time flapping your gums or keyboards,so to speak, about all the negative crap.how about something that's a reality and soon to be opened ,the new high school stadium.I urge everyone to take a walk past this state-of -the art facility on the corner of Hamilton and Schuyler.The naysayers and the critics of everything should take a step back and focus on something that no one ever thought they see in this mile square community.There isn't a facility like it in north jersey and it is for our kids and our community>no one person has to be given credit for it but when you see it,and you will be impressed, at least says thanks to the many people who help make it happen.And for God's sake take care of it.It sure as hell is something very,very positive.  Rock On

WALK PAST IT IS RIGHT! Because there is no place to park your car when attending a sporting event.

Guest Guest

Are you new to this country? You vote on election day dumbdumb. Like a shareholder, you must be kidding. When did this town turn into a corporation. The government is set up in such a way so that we don't have ignorant masses making decisions. Yeah, lets vote on everything, lets have votes everyday, they should ask what you think before anything is done. That would save $. You are so stupid.

Guest 2smart4u

"AND HOW COME WE DON'T VOTE ON THIS DECISION LIKE SHAREHOLDERS"

That hits the nail on the head !! It's a common practice everywhere (except Harrison) to bring proposed expenditures before the voters in the form of a referendum. I've seen referendums in other towns when the proposed spending plan was as little as one million dollars. To think that this mayor and council has agreed to borrow FORTY MILLION DOLLARS without taxpayer input is mind-blowing. If that was done in any other town, there would be such an outrage from the residents , they would be forced to cancel the deal. The fact that this mayor and council got away with it shows just how disconnected the taxpayers are with this government. The shame of this town is it's mayor and council.

Maybe they can hand out Preparation H on opening day for all the burning A$$es! Let's face it we are getting stuck all the way around

Guest Guest
"AND HOW COME WE DON'T VOTE ON THIS DECISION LIKE SHAREHOLDERS"

That hits the nail on the head !!  It's a common practice everywhere (except Harrison) to bring proposed expenditures before the voters in the form of a referendum.  I've seen referendums in other towns when the proposed spending plan was as little as one million dollars.  To think that this mayor and council has agreed to borrow FORTY MILLION DOLLARS without taxpayer input is mind-blowing. If that was done in any other town, there would be such an outrage from the residents , they would be forced to cancel the deal. The fact that this mayor and council got away with it  shows just how disconnected the taxpayers are with this government. The shame of this town is it's mayor and council.

you see I posted something very positive a couple of days ago and these are the responses:

1.this clown in the quote doesn't even know what stadium I'm talking about so he spouts his infernal P.A.C. bullcrap

2.someone worries about parking spaces when for 50 years there was enough parking for Kennedy stadium.Believe or not (I'm sure you won't)there will be plenty of on site parking,also parking in west hudson park,schuyler avenue,hamilton st.(if you're not too f *** ing lazy go look at the plans.They're all over the place)

3.some other Mr.Happpy is still beating the "contaminated soil"drum.It's gone sunshine)

you freaking people have been handed a 53 MILLION DOLLAR facility by the tax payers of new jersey and you still complain.(ASK THEM IF THEY'LL TAKE IT IN NORTH ARLINGTON)

all I asked for was a little positivity.How stupid am I??

In life you generally get what you deserve and you losers deserve the miserable lives you're living

Guest Guest
3.some other Mr.Happpy is still beating the "contaminated soil"drum.It's gone sunshine)
The project was delayed for over a year because they kept saying it was clean and found out they were wrong. Now they say it is clean again, I just hope, for our kids, that they are not wrong again!! The way I see it; there is plenty of room to put this school in the 275+acres of land they call re-development. some where that has a lower risks.

Guest Guest
The project was delayed for over a year because they kept saying it was clean and found out they were wrong.  Now they say it is clean again, I just hope, for our kids, that they are not wrong again!!  The way I see it; there is plenty of room to put this school in the 275+acres of land they call re-development.  some where that has a lower risks.

of course the soil in the redevelopment area is clean.So we have to make our kids wait longer.you can't have it both ways genius.like the other writer kind of said .nothing will make you miserable bast>>ds happy so why bother.Don't go there you don't deserve to see it.

Guest Guest
of course the soil in the redevelopment area is clean.So we have to make our kids wait longer.you can't have it both ways genius.like the other writer kind of said .nothing will make you miserable bast>>ds happy so why bother.Don't go there you don't deserve to see it.

what will make me happy is to see the FBI close you guys down.

The people who voted yes to build on contaminated land don't care, they either don't have children attending the school or they won't be around long enough to see what type of effects this will have on their health.

Guest Guest

The Town purchased two lots for the school. A two million one on Nicoles (There's the parking) and floated another bond (6 million for the school) No referendum, no vote.... Lets also not forget the many troubles of the SCC. Sure it is a nice facility, but the taxpayers got robbed (and that's the truth) and the Town of Harrison almost razed blocks of land to further the greed of the SCC.

Guest Guest
The Town purchased two lots for the school. A two million one on Nicoles (There's the parking) and floated another bond (6 million for the school) No referendum, no vote.... Lets also not forget the many troubles of the SCC. Sure it is a nice facility, but the taxpayers got robbed (and that's the truth) and the Town of Harrison almost razed blocks of land to further the greed of the SCC.

I rest my case.you have to have something negative to say.There's a facility that will last as long as the last stadium(50 years),if it's maintained and taken care of prpperly.It's not costing your local taxes a dime.Yes the SCC was amess BUT the houses were'nt knocked down.We got a $53,000,000 school and field.Think of the places that were supposed to get the same thing and never did.

you must be a real pisser at Christmas.Get a freaking life

Guest Guest
I rest my case.you have to have something negative to say.There's a facility that will last as long as the last stadium(50 years),if it's maintained and taken care of prpperly.It's not costing your local taxes a dime.Yes the SCC was amess BUT the houses were'nt knocked down.We got a $53,000,000 school and field.Think of the places that were supposed to get the same thing and never did.

you must be a real pisser at Christmas.Get a freaking life

Six percent income tax, six percent sales tax (going to seven), tax on my home, car, phone, license, water, sewer, everything I touch or own. In addition to six billion pissed on who knows what, (the SCC) and you tell me it costs me nothing and to get a life. You must be one beautiful person.

Guest seashell
Six percent income tax, six percent sales tax (going to seven), tax on my home, car, phone, license, water, sewer, everything I touch or own.  In addition to six billion pissed on who knows what, (the SCC) and you tell me it costs me nothing and to get a life.  You must be one beautiful person.

I am confused, are you talking about the stadium for the kids or the stadium for soccer, or both? any way neither one make sence, the one next to shuyler Ave. (FJK) if it is going to be control like the commuity center? practicaly you can not use it with so many restritions.

Guest 10th grader
I am confused, are you talking about the stadium for the kids or the stadium for soccer, or both?  any way neither one make sence,  the one next to shuyler Ave. (FJK) if it is going to be control like the commuity center? practicaly you can not use it with so many restritions.

Not only are you confused, you also can't spell or compose a sentence.

Guest Guest
Six percent income tax, six percent sales tax (going to seven), tax on my home, car, phone, license, water, sewer, everything I touch or own.  In addition to six billion pissed on who knows what, (the SCC) and you tell me it costs me nothing and to get a life.  You must be one beautiful person.

At least Harrison got something for all those taxes,genius.Again always the negative .Cheer up, the glass is half full.Try finding the good

Guest Angry Taxpayer
At least Harrison got something for all those taxes,genius.Again always the negative .Cheer up, the glass is half full.Try finding the good

"Harrison got something for all those taxes" ??? Yeah, we all got something. It's

called the shaft. "Cheer up. ??? Son, put the Kool-Aid down, you've lost touch with reality.

Guest Guest

I bet your happy every time someone takes a crap and flushes. The tax pays the salaries of so many people from Harrison. No wonder you want to keep the glass half full, your making money on the water tax, aren't you.

Guest positive
I bet your happy every time someone takes a crap and flushes.  The tax pays the salaries of so many people from Harrison.  No wonder you want to keep the glass half full, your making money on the water tax, aren't you.

Speaking of flushing Mr. Happy ,I've been jerking your chain pretty good haven't I?

You see,I don't care about all the crap you want to focus on.I trying to tell you ,you got something for your money.You're just too political to see the good.Back to the bathroom metaphors you're pissed.

So get on with your bad self.give yourself the serenity to accept the things you can't change.Life's too short ,pull your head out of the toilet

and enjoy life.

Guest Guest

MLSnet.com: How involved was the club in the sale talks and how does the sale affect the Harrison stadium?

AL: This was a deal between AEG and Red Bull. Phil Anschutz has been an incredible crusader for this sport and has done more than we could ever repay with regards to pushing this sport and developing this sport on and off the field. Having said that, the plan to have one team and one owner is very real and this is a part of that process. I think that it's important.

You can't talk about this deal without talking about the effect that it has on our stadium in Harrison (N.J.) for 2008. Red Bull not only bought the team, but bought 50 percent of the stadium and the naming rights. This enables us to get the stadium in Harrison done for 2008 and it is going to be phenomenal. It's going to be a stadium the likes of which we've never seen in this country.

Archived