ISSUE The Harrison Gardens

Guest Guest
THEN 'WHY' DO VISITORS TO THE HARRISON GARDENS SEE SUCH 'FILTHY' DESGUSTING  HALLWAYS???    ISN'T the 'TENANTS ASSOCIATION', the COMMISSSIONERS, and the 'MAIN OFFICE' GETTING AFTER THEM  and FIXING THE PROBLEM???  Offer Praise "AFTER" the 'problem is 'fixed, "NOT BEFORE".

Why dont you ask the tenants that live there how come they arent taking their turns cleaning the hallways? Maybe if they did, there wouldnt be a problem...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
If you attend the meetings & the parties the tenants ass. has you would know who the main supporter is he is at all the functions i have been to and even paid for the food and the gifts at the gardens christmas party & that person is Mayor McDonough. So why are we even listening to this guy. Go Ray go

WHY DO THE GARDENS ONLY HAVE CHRISTMAS PARTY, FROM THE MAYOR NOT ANYONE ELSE IN HARRISON. WE NEED A NEW MAYOR FOR ALL OF HARRISON NOT JUST THE GARDENS

Guest GUEST

WHEN DID YOU EVER WALK INTO BUILDING #3IN THE K/C YOU MUST NOT HAD YOU EYEGLASSES ON BECAUSE THIS BUILDING IS CLEAN YOU MUST HAVE BEEN IN BUILDING #2 THAT IS WHERE THE FILTH IS EVERYONE IS ABOVE EVERYONE TO CLEAN THESE HALLS THEY FEEL JUST NOT ME.PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK GET A BROOM AND MOP AND CLEAN IT UP.

Guest Guest
WHY DO THE GARDENS ONLY HAVE CHRISTMAS PARTY, FROM THE MAYOR NOT ANYONE ELSE IN HARRISON.  WE NEED A NEW MAYOR FOR ALL OF HARRISON NOT JUST THE GARDENS

Like to fill you in on this one...... The Tenant Asst. are the ones who give these parties for the children in the Gardens. The Mayor doesn't give the Christmas party down here in the Gardens, he contributes to the needs of the children so that they can have A CHRISTMAS!! I think the Tenant Asst. is doing a wonderful job as to what they are doing for all the children in the Gardens. Keep up the Good Work Ladies, As to The Mayor Go Ray Go......Your The Man!!! You will be in for another 4 Years!!!!

Guest Guest
WHY DO THE GARDENS ONLY HAVE CHRISTMAS PARTY, FROM THE MAYOR NOT ANYONE ELSE IN HARRISON.  WE NEED A NEW MAYOR FOR ALL OF HARRISON NOT JUST THE GARDENS

LETS CLEAR THINGS UP JUST A BIT... FIRST, WHEN THE MAYOR HAS HELPED OUT THE KC AND GARDENS WITH THEIR FUNCTIONS, IT IS BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN ASKED TO ATTEND OR JUST FOR HIS HELP. WHAT IS SO WRONGE WITH THAT? ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE MAYOR SHOULDNT HELP IF ASKED? AND IF YOU LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE ONES HE IS HELPING OUT ARE THE CHILDREN AND THE SENIORS. ARE YOU SAYING THAT HE SHOULDNT HELP THEM, BECAUSE THATS WHAT IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE.

SECOND, THE TOWN DID HAVE A PARTY/EVENT FOR THE TOWN WITH HALLOWEEN, AND GUESS WHAT? ALL THE OUT-SIDERS WRECKED IT FOR THOSE FROM THE TOWN. IF YOU WERE THERE, YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

THIRD, HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO CONTACT THE MAYORS OFFICE EITHER BY PHONE, IN PERSON OR MAIL AND ASKED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT MAYBE PLANNING SOMETHING LIKE A BLOCK PARTY FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR NEIGHBORS? IM SURE IF YOU DID, AND ASKED THE MAYOR TO HELP OUT OR ATTEND, HE WOULD DO HIS BEST FOR YOU AS WELL. UNTIL THEN, QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE CHILDREN AND THE SENIORS GETTING HELP FROM THE TOWN BECAUSE YOU ARE ONLY LOOKING LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL! :ph34r:B)

Guest guest
Why don't you tell the person you are going to vist to clean their hallway, if you think it is that bad. Let me guess you must be visiting someone in the Gardens in building #4,6or 10 or building #3 in the K/C. They are the only dirty hallways  I walked into every hallway on Sat.

You hit on the 'correct' # buiding in you surmation.

The old lady 'does' 'clean HER SECTION and that is hard work for an aged person with arthritis.

But the rest of the hallway in her buiding is never done by any of the other tenants. Their response is: "If the OFFICE doesn't make my neighbors wash their parts of the hall; then I'm sure as h#$$ AIN'T GONNA WASH MINE!!

Guest guest
Why dont you ask the tenants that live there how come they arent taking their turns cleaning the hallways?  Maybe if they did, there wouldnt be a problem...

1/3 of the tenants are are 'slobs' who were never trained by their parent(s) to be 'clean' and 'take care of their apts. and surroundings' and they are RUINING the property for the other 2/3 tenants that are clean, take care of their apts. and halls and do obey the lease stipulations!

PROBLEM: Something must be done about the 1/3 tenants the are NOT FOLLOWING the REQUIREMENTS OF THE TENANT LEASE that "EVERYONE SIGNED!

ie: washing "THEIR SECTION" of the hallways.

Guest Guest

What is the problem with you people and the Gardens?? The Tenant Asst. has done A Halloween Party for these children without any help from anyone,These women take time out to do for the children in the Gardens...... They also have Families of their own to tend to aside from the other children in the Gardens.All of these women work and devote their time to make things happen in the Gardens for the Children.So what is your point here? As to my understanding these women have done things such as Crafts, GameNight,MovieNight need I go on Oh YES I forgot to add in These women will also be having a Rolling Skating trip for these children this month and an Easter Egg Hunt. So Please as to your comments about the Mayor only doing for the GARDENS YOU ARE WRONG!!!!...... He has done and does for the other children in town.Have you forgotten about Halloween at Library Park? Why don't you people go out and show some support for the sports teams for the schools,that your children are on, It's a shame that there was an opening day for the JV baseball team and NO Parents to support them.Please Get Off The GARDENS ALREADY.You People have nothing better to do with your time except for complain about the GARDENS. "KUDOS" to the Tenants Asst. :ph34r:

Guest gurst
WHEN DID YOU EVER WALK INTO BUILDING #3IN THE K/C YOU MUST NOT HAD YOU EYEGLASSES ON BECAUSE THIS BUILDING IS CLEAN YOU MUST HAVE BEEN IN BUILDING #2 THAT IS WHERE THE FILTH IS EVERYONE IS ABOVE EVERYONE TO CLEAN THESE HALLS THEY FEEL JUST NOT ME.PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK GET A BROOM AND MOP AND CLEAN IT UP.

A 'tiny' portion of the tenants were not trained by their parent(s) and gew up SLOBSl and they are ruinh it for the majority of the tenants who are clean and follow the REQUIREMENTS set down in the LEASE whisch EVERONE SIGNED.

A: Management should either: FINE or get after the tenants who never wash their hallways, not even once a month.

OR

B: Once a month; Hire a few schoolkids to wash each 'small section' of hallway of each non-complying tenant. A grade school kid could wash a "5ft by 8 ft 'landing with appprox 14 steps in 20 min. with ea. tenant paying $5. This would make a young grade school kid $15 per hr. which is a lot of spending money for 1 hrs. work for a 1-12 yr old kid, when low income adults often make only $9-$12 per hr. to live on.

The seniors should be able to afford $5 a month and this should take care of the problem for the present, until Michael Rogers or someone comes up with a 'better' idea.

The management probably buys its materials wholesale very 'cheap', so they can 'either' supply the soap & ammonia OR charge $2 a year to the rent for the 12 times they suppled soap each month.

Guest Guest
Like to fill you in on this one...... The Tenant Asst.  are the ones who give these parties for the children in the Gardens. The Mayor doesn't give the Christmas party down here in the Gardens, he contributes to the needs of the children so that they can have A CHRISTMAS!! I think the Tenant Asst. is doing a wonderful job as to what they are doing for all the children in the Gardens. Keep up the Good Work Ladies, As to The Mayor Go Ray Go......Your The Man!!! You will be in for another 4 Years!!!!

ARE YOU AFRAID THAT IF RAY LOOSES YOU MAY LOSE YOUR THREE TOWN JOBS.

Guest Guest
ARE YOU AFRAID THAT  IF  RAY LOOSES YOU MAY LOSE YOUR THREE TOWN JOBS.

You are sadly mistaken of as to who I am, I do work for the town and only have one job in the town.So you aren't right again.... Guess you don't know what you are talking about again. I can't believe how people make such fools of themselves on this site.As for "Ray" he will be the winner again..... No Doubt about that one,that's for sure. I really feel sorry for you, Because you think you know who I am,But Again YOU ARE WRONG!!! I am so Glad I made a fool of you Again,as well as you did to yourself. Guess what, "Kudos to Me and BooHoo to You" :ph34r:

Guest Guest

B):ph34r:

Why don't you tell the person you are going to vist to clean their hallway, if you think it is that bad. Let me guess you must be visiting someone in the Gardens in building #4,6or 10 or building #3 in the K/C. They are the only dirty hallways  I walked into every hallway on Sat.

Seems to me you have to much free time, to be able to walk into these hallways.So instead of complaining and wasting your free time do something about it yourself. Then you wouldn't have all that free time in your hands,you would have a BROOM,MOP,& a BUCKET . So get to Swabbing the DECK!!

Guest guest

FYI Honey there are a few people that sweep these halls and there is someone who has cleaned it from top to bottom (Swept & Mopped) 3 times over, however they are not the only family in the building and it is always the same people and they are fed up, you clean the hall one day and they next day you are walking out and there are cigarette ashes and butts all over the floor and stairs along with whatever their kids dropped on the way, granted the seniors should not have to do it, there are enough youngsters in the buildings that could pitch in. It is not about being better than one another it is about the people who don't care if they live in filth.

ARE YOU AFRAID THAT  IF  RAY LOOSES YOU MAY LOSE YOUR THREE TOWN JOBS.

No they don't understand it is all for a vote!!! Another four years of him and we can kiss Harrison goodbye it is already down the drain, wonder if it can get much worse.

Guest Guest
You are sadly mistaken of as to who I am, I do work for the town and only have one job in the town.So you aren't right again.... Guess you don't know what you are talking about again. I can't believe how people make such fools of themselves on this site.As for "Ray" he will be the winner again..... No Doubt about that one,that's for sure. I really feel sorry for you, Because you think you know who I am,But Again YOU ARE WRONG!!! I am so Glad I made a fool of you Again,as well as you did to yourself. Guess what, "Kudos to Me and BooHoo to You" :ph34r:

PLEASE TRY STAYING HOME ONE NIGHT AND CLEAN YOUR HOUSE, INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT EVERYBODY BUSINESS. I DO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND YOU HAVE MORE THEN ONE JOB.

Guest Guest
A 'tiny' portion of the tenants were not trained by their parent(s) and gew up SLOBSl and they are ruinh it for the majority  of the tenants who are clean and follow the REQUIREMENTS set down in the LEASE whisch  EVERONE SIGNED.

A:  Management should either:  FINE or get after the tenants who never wash their hallways, not even once a month.

OR

B:  Once a month;  Hire a few schoolkids to wash each 'small section' of hallway of each non-complying tenant.  A grade school kid could wash a "5ft by 8 ft 'landing with appprox 14 steps  in 20 min. with ea. tenant paying $5.  This would make a young grade school kid $15 per hr. which is a lot of spending money for 1 hrs. work for a 1-12 yr old kid, when low income adults often make only $9-$12 per hr.  to live on.

The seniors should be able to afford $5 a month and this should take care of the problem for the present, until Michael Rogers or someone comes up with a 'better' idea.               

The management probably buys its materials wholesale very 'cheap', so they can  'either' supply the soap & ammonia OR charge  $2  a year to the rent for the 12  times they suppled soap  each  month.

WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE TO HIRE SCHOOL KIDS, WHEN THE PEOPLE SHOULD CLEAN IT THEM SELF, I WOULD NEVER WANT TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THERE HOUSE. PROBABLY SMELLS LIKE CATS AND DOGS.

Guest guest

There are 2 people in 6 that clean the hallway....nobody else seems to care that the kids have to walk in garbage and touch dirty handrails. People SHOULD take pride in where they live but most have excuses like they work or they don"t have anyone to help with the kids.....GET REAL!!!

SLOBS!!!!!!

Guest Guest
WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE TO HIRE SCHOOL KIDS, WHEN THE  PEOPLE SHOULD CLEAN IT THEM SELF, I WOULD NEVER WANT TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THERE HOUSE.  PROBABLY SMELLS LIKE CATS AND DOGS.

Would you rather have the hallways smell like Garbage , Dirty Diapers , or just plain DIE FROM THE ODORS IN SOME HALLWAYS?

Guest Guest

there is one person in bldg.# who can't work,but can clean the hallways.You figureAnd does not have to do community service..

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
well keep your computer on because it will never happen. let me ask you how come you all of the sudden want to help. COULD IT BE THE TIME OF YEAR (ELECTION TIME) Sorry I think the tenants association does a good job as well as the commioers , and the main office.

:) What the heck is a "commioers"? I

Guest Guest

:) Don't you have anything better to do with your life than go into every hallway on Saturdays?? Like clean your own house or take care of your own family. You have way to much time on your hands, maybe you should clean all the halls if you are that bored!!!

Guest guest

IS THAT THE TENANT THAT HAS HIRED A LAWYER TO FIGHT THE COMMUNITY SERVICE GIVE ME A BREAK A LAWYER WHO IS PAYING FOR THIS LAWYER LEGAL AID RIGHT WE THOUGHT YOU COULD BE EVICTED FOR NOT DOING THE COMMUNITY SERVICE BUT THEN AGAIN MOST OF THESE TENANTS HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING IN THIS WHOLE YEAR GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest
There are 2 people in 6 that clean the hallway....nobody else seems to care that the kids have to walk in garbage and touch dirty handrails.  People SHOULD take pride in where they live but most have excuses like they work or they don"t have anyone to help with the kids.....GET REAL!!!

SLOBS!!!!!!

The mantainance man accompanies the exterminator every month to each apt. It would be easy for him to carry a clipboard and check off each apt's hallway that is cleaned and which ones aren't. That would make it easy for the management to go after the tenants that aren't washing their halls according to the lease they signed.

Unless Mike Rodgers and the commisioners are making plans on setting up a cleaning program soon to clear up the matter ???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
The mantainance man accompanies the exterminator every month to each apt.  It would be easy for him to carry a clipboard  and check off each apt's  hallway that is cleaned and which ones aren't.  That would make it easy for the management to  go after the tenants that aren't washing their halls  according to the lease they signed.

Unless Mike Rodgers and the commisioners are  making  plans  on setting up  a cleaning program soon to clear up the matter ???

Charge the people to have the hallways cleaned by an outside service. At least then the hallways will be clean. But wait, then the complaint will be abut the

charge. Will it ever end?

Guest guest
Charge the people to have the hallways cleaned by an outside service. At least then the hallways will be clean.    But wait, then the complaint will be abut the

charge.  Will it ever end?

YES! BECAUSE THEN THE TENANTS WHO DIDN'T WASH THEIR HALL, WILL MOST LIKELY BEG TO BE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE AND WASH THRIR HALLS LIKE THE OTHER LEASE ABIDING- TENANTS.

OR:: don't even bother with a second chance. GET THE 'OUTSIDE CLEANING SERVICE" BECAUSE the hallways need to be washed for HEALTH and DISEASE PREVENTION. It will give the town a better reputation and appearance.

Plus, the clean tenants should not have to put up living with the filth of the others in the halls?

If nothing else works; GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! until management comes up with a 'better' idea.'

Archived