What do you think of this post

What do you think of this post from the Hudson County Forum at www.njo.com:

3071. I Thank The Blessed Mother

by penbrooke, 3/23/06 10:07 ET

In 1963, my parents brought us to these United States legally. In 1970 we all became citizens. I've lived in Harrison now for 31 years. I grew up in an apartment. Got married and moved as a tenant to a legal 3 family, and 17 years ago, bought a one family home which we took from a haunted house, to a show-place. My two sons are doing well in two colleges. My daughter is already a teacher. My husband legally employs 8 men who support families in his retail business. Not a day or an hour goes by that I do not offer thanks and praise to Our Lady for making this possible. I thank Her for everything including the Town of Harrison. The mal-contented ones who post here are blinded by their own self-interests. They want to be the big-shots. I wonder why. I am the American Dream. My family lives the American. Would the good fortunes that come to us daily be possible in Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil? No. I'm sure I would have been happy there, but my life, and my )American born) husband's and, of course, or children's lives would have been far different. So, thank you Harrison! From Mayor Rogers to Mayor Mc Donough,and all recreation people who've worked with my children over the years Bless you all! To the mal-contents, open your hearts and minds and take a realistic, hard look around you. What would you really do? Paint the benches a different color? Cut taxes in half? You can't. What you really want is to be able to control the money for your own purposes, for your own frineds. Bless youand may the Bleswed Mother open your hearts and minds. Just look at everything going on in Harrison. Our property values will soar io the next fewyears when all of the tri-state area will remain flat or go down! 

Help the Cause, click HERE and respond to this post. Let the County hear our voice.

I think that it is a wonderful town and I look forward to the redevelopment. 

I think it's a wonderful town too. I have a lot of Pride for Harrison. My wife graduated from these very schools; With these very same teachers & coaches. She was 4yrs on Harrison Swim Team; 3yrs as Life Guard; on the Tennis Team, Drama Club & Band (the Sax <_< ).

I enjoy watching channel 35 and seeing old footage of Harrison. Once I saw the swim team & was looking for my wife :rolleyes:; watching old football games with sponsored Uniforms looking for Ray Lucas the J E T. Harrison looked like it had a lot of Pride. When I read articles in the papers, like the following, I question if Harrison has lost it.

When I read this article it makes me feel like Harrison has lost control of its redevelopment; lost control of its Downtown Harrison & the people who Live in Harrison; when anything gets between our kids, THERE SHOULD BE NO EXCUSE GOOD ENOUGH, NO COMPROMISES TAKEN!.

Harrison High teams lose home field advantage

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

HARRISON - The town's redevelopment efforts and a broken promise by the state Schools Construction Corporation have left Harrison High School's fall sports teams homeless for the season.

The football, soccer and girls' tennis teams until recently had no place to practice or play home games, since John F. Kennedy Stadium was demolished last spring to make way for an upscale housing development that is under construction.

The loss of the stadium should have been no problem, since the SCC pledged to complete a new athletic complex - near the site of the new Harrison High School currently being built - by Aug. 15.

Construction of the athletic fields has lagged so far behind that the new completion date has been bumped to April 18, according to Harrison High School Athletic Director Jack Rodgers.

The teams are now practicing at West Hudson Park, thanks to some fast maneuvering by local school, municipal and county parks officials.

"If these people didn't step up to the plate, we would have been like a band of gypsies," Rodgers said. "Instead, we feel almost like we're home."

The football team now practices at a field bordering Schuyler Avenue with goal posts purchased by the Harrison Board of Education for the new stadium.

The boys' and girls' soccer teams practice on Davis Avenue fields in the park, while the tennis team uses the park's courts.

The Hudson County Parks Commission has replenished the topsoil on the fields and repaired sprinklers that haven't worked in a decade, according to Rodgers. Two sets of trailers near Davis and Schuyler avenues serve as bathrooms and changing facilities for the athletes.

While home games can't be played in Harrison, nearby Kearny has offered Kearny High School's stadium so that Harrison's football and boys' soccer teams can each play four home games there.

Harrison's girls' soccer team will play four home games at Kearny's Harvey Field. In addition to crediting local officials, Rodgers is quick to thank Harrison's coaches and players for their flexibility in approaching the fall season.

"There's a motivation factor. I told the kids, 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger,'" Rodgers said. "They've all been terrific."

THANK YOU!

Michael Fernández

Guest good response

"But then again, not everything our elected officials is wrong from the get go like this PAC guy or girl says."

What sometimes tends to happen, is an elected official can get to comfortable in his position. Our mayor has been in Town Hall since 1978. He feels to comfortable and has allowed the wrong people to do what they want in town. This has affected everything from Higher taxes to a poor education system.

The facts are that a Development project left the town with no fields for the kids. The developers purse was more important then the kids.

Harrison pays over $15,000/ kid to educate them. What happens when Harrison looses the Abott District?

What happens when 5000+ condos are built with tax abetments?

You think traffic is bad now, wait until 5000+ units are built and you have a sold out 20,000 fan game.

You think the taxes are high, have you researched why? When was the last time you've seen the budget?

It makes me feel good, to try to make an improvement and help people. As a Business man, this town is being poorly managed! I love your feedback and invite you to attend a meeting.

Guest Guest
"But then again, not everything our elected officials is wrong from the get go like this PAC guy or girl says."

What sometimes tends to happen, is an elected official can get to comfortable in his position.  Our mayor has been in Town Hall since 1978.  He feels to comfortable and has allowed the wrong people to do what they want in town.  This has affected everything from Higher taxes to a poor education system.

The facts are that a Development project left the town with no fields for the kids. The developers purse was more important then the kids.

Harrison pays over $15,000/ kid to educate them.  What happens when Harrison looses the Abott District? 

What happens when 5000+ condos are built with tax abetments?

You think traffic is bad now, wait until 5000+ units are built and you have a sold out 20,000 fan game.

You think the taxes are high, have you researched why?  When was the last time you've seen the budget?

It makes me feel good, to try to make an improvement and help people.  As a Business man, this town is being poorly managed!  I love your feedback and invite you to attend a meeting.

Well then why don't you concentrate your efforts where you live. You are not a resident of this town. PAC up your things and go. ;)

Well then why don't you concentrate your efforts where you live. You are not a resident of this town. PAC up your things and go. 
Why is that what your doing? My business/ my job, has been here for over 30yrs.

My families have been in Harrison longer, their jobs too.

:angry:

Archived