Guest Paul

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo
This is a classic Loony Left spin job;  Jane Fonda going to North Viet Nam,

posing for pictures with NVN gunners who were shooting down american pilots

and criticizing the U.S. on camera, was only "stupid" by a stupid kid (no big deal).

She should have been arrested when she returned, charged with giving

comfort to the enemy and given 20 years. (no spin)

76094[/snapback]

Maybe what Jane did was distasteful and I can definately see why those who were there might have been upset but that doesn't erase the reality of what was really going on.

You seem to have a morbid, perhaps sexual fascination with death. Who cares about facts, as longs as lots of folks are dying and you get to wave your little flag. For you it's all kill,kill,death,kill. Red, white and blue, kill,kill,death,kill. Is that it? Is that what gets you off? I suppose you like rape too because "she deserved it".

Your a pathetic, sad little maggot with some sort of John Wayne syndrome.

I stand by what I said in my previous post. You are no different than a terrorist is terms of how you think. Kill,Kill,Death,Kill.

and criticizing the U.S. on camera, was only "stupid" by a stupid kid (no big deal).

76094[/snapback]

Typical head-up-the butt refusal to see the truth.

Westmoreland should have been charged with treason, court-martialed, and if convicted hanged as the lying bastard he was. It's damn idiots like you that make heroes out of A**WIPES who caused thousands of needless deaths to massage their own egos.

McNamara has admitted he knew Vietnam was wrong all along yet pursued it.He shouuld be arrested and tried as a war criminal. You're just too damn ignorant and unwilling to look for FACTS when you can just flap your REMF wanker jaw and talk a lot of baseless trash.

Typical neo-con BS, blame someone else for your f**k-ups.

Jane Fonda was a stupid kid who said stupid things.  The bloody hands are on those like McNamara and LBJ who increased our involvement and traitiors like Westmoreland who betrayed the public trust and lied so he could entertain his John Wayne fantansies.

76072[/snapback]

In other word, you mean the democrats in power at the time.

Guest a proud american

76094[/snapback]

What she did was wrong, but the Government chose not to prosecute her. Many years later she did apologize.

Someone asked me if I accepted her apology. I responded that it wasn't up to me to accept her apology, that she needed to go to the families of the 58,000 soldiers who died and see if they would accept her apology.

I know that part of her remarks were that our bombers were hitting North Vietnamese Hospitals. Bombing at high altitude makes it impossible to not hit hospitals, but she failed to mention that the 93rd Evac Hospital at Long Bihn was rocketed and their hospital had a large red cross on the roof which could be distinguished. And, I don't know this for a fact but one of our POW's supposedly gave her a note that she turned over to the guards. That prisoner was beaten severely as a result. However, the war has been over for 30 years. We will never forget but if we learned any lesson it's that we did our jobs and can be proud of that even though history will never treat us kindly.

76167[/snapback]

Oh, there's a lot of guilt there but you're obviously more interested in partisan BS rather than truth unless you think Eisenhower who initiated our involvement and Nixon were Democrats.

Guest Patriot
What she did was wrong, but the Government chose not to prosecute her. Many years later she did apologize.

Someone asked me if I accepted her apology. I responded that it wasn't up to me to accept her apology, that she needed to go to the families of the 58,000 soldiers who died and see if they would  accept her apology.

I know that part of her remarks were that our bombers were hitting North Vietnamese Hospitals. Bombing at high altitude makes it impossible to not hit hospitals, but she failed to mention that the 93rd Evac Hospital at Long Bihn was rocketed and their hospital had a large red cross on the roof which could be distinguished. And, I don't know this for a fact but one of our POW's supposedly gave her a note that she turned over to the guards. That prisoner was beaten severely as a result. However, the war has been over for 30 years. We will never forget but if we learned any lesson it's that we did our jobs and can be proud of that even though history will never treat us kindly.

76210[/snapback]

"history will never treat us kindly"......nor will the Loony Lefties on KOTW.

Maybe what Jane did was distasteful and I can definately see why those who were there might have been upset but that doesn't erase the reality of what was really going on.

You seem to have a morbid, perhaps sexual fascination with death. Who cares about facts, as longs as lots of folks are dying and you get to wave your little flag. For you it's all kill,kill,death,kill. Red, white and blue, kill,kill,death,kill. Is that it? Is that what gets you off? I suppose you like rape too because "she deserved it".

I stand by what I said in my previous post. You are no different than a terrorist is terms of how you think. Kill,Kill,Death,Kill.

76125[/snapback]

You're right. He seems to need more people to die so he can justify himself.

76167[/snapback]

That's right, they were Democrats. So what? You right wingers think it's all about political parties. Damn, you're stupid. And stubborn --- egads!

Humphrey lost the 1968 election because young Democrats didn't like how he supported the war for too long. Many of them regret that decision now.

Guest Patriot

76125[/snapback]

"Maybe" what Jane did was "distasteful" ???? DISTASTEFUL !!! Only a Kool-aid

drinking Loony Left defeatocrat would EVER characterize what Hanoi Jane did

as "distasteful". You are such a pathetic excuse for an american.

Guest 2smart4u
That's right, they were Democrats. So what? You right wingers think it's all about political parties. Damn, you're stupid. And stubborn --- egads!

Humphrey lost the 1968 election because young Democrats didn't like how he supported the war for too long. Many of them regret that decision now.

76260[/snapback]

"egads" ?? Is that like a Loony Left word ?

Killing civilians doesn't make one courageous, scum.

76252[/snapback]

And you served exactly WHEN??????

Since you DIDNT Serve you have ZERO idea of what you are talking about..as usual. The Day that YOU decide to put YOUR life on the line for something you can speak...until then, shut your S**K-hole boy and hit your knees every night thanking the almighty that there are people willing to put their lives on the line for your pathetic civilian scumbag ass. But no, you'll stay here hidng bravely behind your computer spouting crap like the scummy little coward you are.

"Maybe" what Jane did was "distasteful" ????  DISTASTEFUL !!!  Only a Kool-aid

as "distasteful".  You are such a pathetic excuse for an american.

76364[/snapback]

WHAT was FAR beyond distasteful was people like Westmoreland betraying the trust placed in him and LYING about the true situation in Vietnam. But, I guess A**WIPES like you who have little interest in the truth have no problem with that, you'd rather whine about some stupid little whiney actress, I guess you figure it's maybe someone you could hold your own with............but POS REMF that you are I doubt it.

"egads" ??  Is that like a Loony Left word ?

76366[/snapback]

I think you'll find the etymology is British, that is if you can figure out what etymology means. It's a short-hand for "ye Gods."

"Maybe" what Jane did was "distasteful" ????  DISTASTEFUL !!!  Only a Kool-aid

as "distasteful".  You are such a pathetic excuse for an american.

76364[/snapback]

YOU are a pathetic excuse for a human being, and FORGET about an A** like you even coming close to understanding what a patriot is.

I don't know if you're old enough to remember 1968, but if you are, then you will remember that just prior to Tet, we were told from the President to General Westmorland that the NVA and Viet Cong were being beaten and didn't have the capacity to mount an offensive. In fact, we hadn't given much thought at that time to the Lunar New Year. So when they finally attacked simultaniously every strategic city and hamlet we weren't prepared. My ex-brother in law was an MP guarding the embassy in Saigon which was almost over run before we could mount a counter attack till this day won't talk about it. But to be caught off guard like that showed what the French all ready knew. That our counter parts were a very patient and determined enemy.

Though crippled after the Tet offensive.

While it was a strategic victory for the US, it was also the turning point. People who had generally supported the war like Cronkite, started to question whether we were being lied to by the Government about what was really happening.

Not that best reason for bailing on our allies, in my humble opinion.

I can only speak for myself. The military didn't lose in Viet Nam the Vietnamese military lost in Viet Nam with our help. When we finally ended ground operations, we turned over to them all of the equipment they needed, and all of the training they required to win. And how did we help them lose? By not forcing them early on to take the initiative. Their attitude was that why fight when we have the US fighting for us. Sound familiar.

Not really.

The U.S. didn't do much at all to integrate with South Vietnamese forces until after Gen. Abrams relieved Westmoreland. In Iraq the army had to be built virtually from scratch. Pretty big difference, there.

It should because we are doing the same thing in Iraq today.

Baloney. We're integrating with and training Iraqi forces.

The South Vietnames weren't slaughtered because we weren't there. It was because they ran like the cowards most of us knew they were.

They were overmatched. They were overmatched because they did not have the air cover they were promised in the event the communists broke the peace agreement. Nor did they have the other military aid promised by the U.S. The Democrats voted to cut them off. That sent the signal to the communists that they could take South Vietnam. We betrayed them.

Now to be fair, there were some good troops that fought like h$%#. There just wasn't very many of them. And in the end, we also found out that the reason for going in in the first place was based on a lie. The USS Maddox was never attacked. It was concocted by Mc Namara and his bunch. And i'm sure you know this, but in 1954 Ho Chi Minh came to the United States and asked for our help. We turned him down. And by the time South Viet Nam fell, it didn't matter what agreement we signed, there was no way the American People would allow us to get mired in that mess again.

Right; the political will was broken. That's the weakness of a democracy and it's the hope of groups like al Qaida.

And in Iraq today, the surge of troops has had some impact to the extent that violence is down. But what was the purpose of the surge? To give the Iraqi Government a chance to work on real progress to form their Government. And their first official act was to go on vacation. To this date they have done nothing except refuse to meet to resolve their own issues. Maliki no longer listens to the US and refused to even send a representative to the talks last week in Annaplois, MD. And this is the country that we are fighting and dying for?

You're misinformed.

Many political goals in Iraq have yet to be met, but the surge is providing a good amount of time for that government to get its act together. The recent agreement to allow the paid Sunni militia is one important step (it provides a hedge against political domination by the Shia). There's also been that little problem with Turkey ...

<snip the rest of the misinformed opinion>

And you served exactly WHEN??????

Since you DIDNT Serve you have ZERO idea of what you are talking about..as usual.  The Day that YOU decide to put YOUR life on the line for something you can speak...until then,  shut your S**K-hole boy and hit your knees every night thanking the almighty that there are people willing to put their lives on the line for your pathetic civilian scumbag ass.  But no, you'll stay here hidng bravely behind your computer spouting crap like the scummy little coward you are.

76380[/snapback]

You don't have to serve in a war to know how to spot a coward. He wrote, "Killing civilians doesn't make one courageous, scum." That's an obvious point, don't you think? Oh, wait, I forgot. You don't think. You react.

". . . pathetic civilian scumbag ass. But no, you'll stay here hidng bravely behind your computer spouting crap like the scummy little coward you are." Which, of course, you wrote from behind your computer, on your ass no doubt.

"pathetic civilian scumbag." Uh-huh. Assuming you served in the military, we can only conclude either that you must have been very afraid (did you forget your Teddy bear or wouldn't the army let you take it with you?) or that you think we owe you forever for doing your duty.

It just wasn't fair, was it. You had to go out there and take a risk. So now you want the rest of us to get shot at, too, and you'll never be happy until everyone suffers as much as you did - which means you'll never be happy. You're in no position to call anyone pathetic. And you don't begin to understand what courage and heroism are.