the perpetual excuse

Guest Paul

Rediculous nonsensical questions.

75026[/snapback]

The Dumbo Chronicles

Patty Ratty: I can make an elephant fly with nothing but his own power and a pair of wings.

Paul: What size and shape wings are you going to use? How is the elephant going to operate the wings? How fast can an elephant run, or is he going to obtain elevation from a standstill? And even if your idea was mechanically possible, what makes you think the elephant can be trained to do what's necessary?

Patty Ratty: Stoopid nonsenucul queshtins. Defeatists like you just weigh the elephant down with your dumb ideas. It's your fault he isn't flying! (In other words, I have a picture of a flying elephant in my little pea brain. Don't confuse me with facts, or I'll get really, really mad.)

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New York Slimes ??  No wonder you don't have a clue about so many topics.

75160[/snapback]

I guess the lack of comics and massage parlor ads turns you off?

Crawl back under your rock and watch FAUX News and read some more Rupert crap.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo
Take the blinders off.  In reality we've created an ugly radical-left culture in

America.  A culture that shouts down and attacks conservative speakers at

universities, stages demonstrations holding obscene signs at funerals of soldiers

killed in Iraq and "blames America first" for all the ills of the world.

I've never seen a liberal speaker attacked or shouted down at a university, I've

never seen a conservative holding a vile placard at anyone's funeral in front of

their family and I've never seen a movie produced and funded by a conservative

that depicted the U.S. military as rapists and murderers (Redacted). Over one

million military personnel have served in Iraq and Afganistan and have served

honorably. Two (2) soldiers rape and murder a young girl (and are serving a life sentence) and a liberal film

producer makes a movie about it (which will certainly be a hit in the arab world

and will inflame anti-american sentiment causing american deaths. Your self-

righteous BS is so typical of the ugly radical-left culture.

75158[/snapback]

If you are talking about Fred Phelps and his minions protesting military funerals, they are hardly left-wing. As far as the "blame america first" that's not exactly true. When we scre up we should own up and make things right. America is a great country and I love it be we are not perfect by any stretch. In the movie "Platoon" Kevin Dillons character pops a guys head like a grape with the butt of his shotgun for no reason at all other than just to do it. Where is your outrage over that?

Take the blinders off.  In reality we've created an ugly radical-left culture in

universities,

Yeah, when you have some jackass trying to sneak by legislation to further 'consolidate' media, expect people to be pissed off about it at the 5-day-notice (!) hearing, for example. And that's just one example--we're tired of being lied to.

stages demonstrations holding obscene signs at funerals of soldiers

LOL, are you seriously going to tell me that you think the Phelps clan is "radical-left?" The most infamous anti-gay group in the country today? Please.

I've never seen a liberal speaker attacked or shouted down at a university,

Probably because they haven't done anything so outrageous as what has become standard fare for the neocon scum around here.

I've

never seen a conservative holding a vile placard at anyone's funeral in front of

their family

Yes you have, you just refuse to refer to them as "conservative" becauese they have a bad reputation. It's just the political version of the "No True Scotsman" argument Christians use against other Christian sects.

and I've never seen a movie produced and funded by a conservative

honorably.

Despite how Bush and his cronies are heartlessly using them. Why again is it that so few Republicans are in favor of undoing the disastrous legislation that forces soldiers wounded in combat during their tours to give back their sign-on bonuses?

Two (2) soldiers rape and murder a young girl (and are serving a life sentence) and a liberal film

producer makes a movie about it (which will certainly be a hit in the arab world

75158[/snapback]

At least with a movie you pay to see it, and can stay home if you want--and there are lot of crap movies out there. But neocons would like to see that all media ultimately comes from one source, one point of view, one conglomerate, and only a fool would not realize just how much worse that is.

By many people I believe you do mean your minions. And as it has been pointed out over and over again on this website, anyone how you disagree with you start the name-calling. This time it is "knuckleheads".

Yes, let's ignore all of the personal comments (and many false statements) directed at Paul (not to mention his wife and children) for good reason, and come down on Paul for calling a troll a "knucklehead," a term that's far too kind for that liar. At least you make your biases really obvious.

I guess with all the name-calling it makes your posts look much longer than they really are

Proof that you don't actually read his posts.

and the fact that you again have nothing to add.  Since you believe Patriot has nothing to offer to the resolution in Iraq, I can only assume that you have the answer as to what to do?

That's a senseless assumption. If someone has a bad idea for a solution to a problem, another person can say it's a bad idea without necessarily having an alternate idea. It's like saying I can't say that any food tastes bad unless I'm a master chef. Ridiculous.

If that were the case, we here would love to hear it, since you like criticizing so much with nothing else to offer.

Just pointing out that a bad idea is bad helps too, especially when few seem to realize it.

Maybe we have created a radical right wing country. But you are equal to blame as much as those who support it.

Why am I not surprised you offered no explanation for this 'point?' So, basically, what you're saying is "we might have done a lot of bad things, but it's just as much your fault because even though you're trying to correct our mistakes, you haven't come up with perfect solutions that solved everything all by yourselves." Give me a break.

And please enlighten us as to how we can reverse it?   Maybe all the Republicans should turn Democrat to appease you?

Here's an idea--forget the partisan nonsense altogether. This two-party system is a large part of the problem. The issues are what's important, and people are wasting way too much time with party affiliation to actually focus on them.

It is not going to happen.  The problem with what you preach here is that in today’s society, people are more informed through the many news channels and through the Internet to make rational decisions.

The "many news channels" huh? How many media corporations control all of those news channels? Five? And as far as the Internet, there is the whole net neutrality issue, where these corporations want to split it up in the same way ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutr...e_United_States ). That must not happen.

The fact that they are not what you preach here might be some indication that once again, you are wrong.

75149[/snapback]

Except they are.

Guest a proud american

universities, stages demonstrations holding obscene signs at funerals of soldiers

I've never seen a liberal speaker attacked or shouted down at a university, I've

honorably. Two (2) soldiers rape and murder a young girl (and are serving a life sentence) and a liberal film

75158[/snapback]

Before you get all teary eyed and start crying because people call conservatives names, why don't you take a look at some of the posts you and your ilk have written. When I first started posting I tried to be reasonable and rational in my responses. One of my posts was about my service. If you recall, you called me a coward and a liar. When you posted that you had served in Viet Nam I thanked you. I guess you didn't feel the need to reciprocate.

With regards to blaming america first, no one has ever posted on this web site blaming america for anything. If you can't distinguish between an incompetent fool taking us to war and someone having an opinion that it was a mistake as blaming america first then you truly are lost.

With regards to Reverend Phelps and his group, he is using the bible as his guiding principle, not liberalism. Perhaps you should e-mail him and ask his political and personal values. He comes from Kansas which last time I checked wasn't a hot bed of liberal thinking. And whether or until the courts rule otherwise, he is exercising his right to protest whether we agree with him or not.

I guess you were referring to Fredo, about the protesters. Yea, I feel real sorry for the man who couldn't remember 61 times under oath simple answers. A man who has all but destroyed the Justice Department, went to the AG who was under sedation to sign documents his acting Director refused to sign because he viewed the activity as illegal and was paid $50,000 to give his speech as despicible. But thats the great thing about being a conservative. The ability to have selective amnesia. When confronted with fact, change the subject. When someone disagrees, insult them. And you are just as guilty as the rest of them.

Now I don't know what movie you're referring to, but any movie produced by anyone isn't going to make one bit of difference to the arab world. They read just like we do and they live it every day in Iraq and Afghanistan. I kink of think that train has left the station.

And you can now add General Sanchez to the list of Kool-aid drinkers. Here is a question for you. How long do you think we should be in Iraq and would you be willing to support a draft and a war tax to fund it? You're were once a soldier, so perhaps you would share with the rest of us your exit strategy.

And just one more thing, go to the library and see if they have a copy of Conservatives without Conscience by John Dean. If they do, sign it out and read it. You'll see alot of yourself in that book. And before you come back with some excuse and insult, Dean is a conservative himself although his definition is far different than yours.

Guest 2smart4u
The Dumbo Chronicles

Patty Ratty: I can make an elephant fly with nothing but his own power and a pair of wings.

Paul: What size and shape wings are you going to use? How is the elephant going to operate the wings? How fast can an elephant run, or is he going to obtain elevation from a standstill? And even if your idea was mechanically possible, what makes you think the elephant can be trained to do what's necessary?

Patty Ratty: Stoopid nonsenucul queshtins. Defeatists like you just weigh the elephant down with your dumb ideas. It's your fault he isn't flying! (In other words, I have a picture of a flying elephant in my little pea brain. Don't confuse me with facts, or I'll get really, really mad.)

75192[/snapback]

This is your brain on drugs.

By many people I believe you do mean your minions. And as it has been pointed out over and over again on this website, anyone how you disagree with you start the name-calling. This time it is "knuckleheads". I guess with all the name-calling it makes your posts look much longer than they really are and the fact that you again have nothing to add.  Since you believe Patriot has nothing to offer to the resolution in Iraq, I can only assume that you have the answer as to what to do?  If that were the case, we here would love to hear it, since you like criticizing so much with nothing else to offer. 

Maybe we have created a radical right wing country. But you are equal to blame as much as those who support it.  And please enlighten us as to how we can reverse it?  Maybe all the Republicans should turn Democrat to appease you? It is not going to happen.  The problem with what you preach here is that in today’s society, people are more informed through the many news channels and through the Internet to make rational decisions. The fact that they are not what you preach here might be some indication that once again, you are wrong.

75149[/snapback]

Everyone who reads or posts on this topic does so voluntarily. Obviously this is a topic about ideology in politics. You’re free not to read it, or even open the topic. I post here because I think it’s important that citizens talk to each other. If you read the discussions I’ve had with Jim Mangin and John Pinho, I think you’ll see that they were quite respectful. I suggested that the person who calls himself “Patriot” is a knucklehead because he generally behaves like one. He doesn't discuss, he just taunts. And I tell you in advance that this is going to be a long post, so if you’re not up for that, don’t read it. I'm writing it because I truly believe it, and because I think it's important.

My frustration is that substantive and meaningful points have been put on the table for discussion, and are either ignored or treated only with sheer contempt. The premise behind American democracy is that an informed citizenry makes the political choices that determine the nation’s direction. That can’t happen if people do what so-called “Patriot” is doing, dismissing everything they don’t like, without any thought or consideration at all. It’s not as though we’re going to determine national policy from KOTW, but if we’re going to have these discussions, it would be nice if people at least tried to consider all reasonable points of view. So let’s try to have a productive discussion about what we should do in Iraq and about the state of American politics.

Probably no one knows just what to do about Iraq, which is one of the main reasons we should never have gone in: we had no exit strategy, and there is no happy one now. During the 2000 campaign, Mr. Bush said that we should never embark on a military operation without an exit strategy, yet that is exactly what he did, and it’s a total disaster, from the commitment of virtually all our military resources in Iraq to the colossal waste of money to fund the war to turning Iraq into a breeding ground for terrorism to the destruction of our international relations all over the world. I’d need far more study and information to offer a specific plan how to get out, but I do know we have to find one, and the longer we wait the worse it’s going to be. So-called “Patriot” seems to assume that we can stay there indefinitely without continuing to incur tremendous costs and in fact compromise our national security, and yet he refuses to address any of the critical questions on the matter; that is what I reacted to. So you can criticize me for not contributing anything productive to this discussion, but why not address at least one of my questions?

As for American politics, it’s disappointing to see you throw up a straw man (turning all Republicans into Democrats) instead of addressing what I actually wrote. Look at what has happened to our culture. News has become entertainment. Form and style have replaced substance. We’re voting for presidents because their story is interesting, not because they’ll do a good job. Stories that would have gotten five minutes of air time on a national news broadcast forty years ago now get one minute, and that’s consumed with fluff instead of substance. It no longer matters whether “news” is really news; all that matters is that it’s entertaining. As a result, the “information” that many people are relying on these days (and calling news) is garbage, and much of it is false, especially if people are getting it from right-wing radio blowhards like Limbaugh or Faux News. I hate to descend into that kind of name-calling, but there’s no respecting these guys. They have an agenda, and they’re out to promote it without regard to the truth. They lie all the time. Say whatever you like about the supposedly liberal press of forty years ago, it had integrity and it reported facts --- real news, not fluff and spin.

Then take a look at what has happened to the world in our lifetime. In all human history, the world has never changed so quickly and so completely as it has in the past few decades. Take just one example, the global economy. It has completely changed everything about politics and economics, but we’re not talking about any of it. We continue to elect our Congress and our President as though those people can still make the same kinds of decisions they might have made a couple generations ago. They can’t. International corporations have become so powerful that they have our political leadership over a barrel. Our workers are in direct competition with people on the other side of the Earth. A single nation can no longer exercise control over its corporations, because they’ll just move overseas until they find a country whose political leadership is willing to give them what they want. That’s one of the main reasons the two political parties have become so similar to each other. National governments no longer have control over these giants, and as a result our political choices mean less and less every year. Some people say that’s good, let corporate executives control the world, at least they’re not government. The way I see it, too much power in too few hands is not good for anyone, in the end not even the powerful. We’re headed toward world-wide fascism (state-sponsored corporate control of every aspect of life). Yet instead of discussing how we’re going to get a handle on this, most people either don’t think about politics at all, or think about it in ways that no longer mean anything. I truly think it’s because the picture is so grim and any solutions so far beyond our present reach that most people just refuse to think about it.

Then along comes someone like so-called “Patriot,” who seems to think that the universe revolves around his military service. Well, that pushes some very popular buttons, so many Americans have some sympathy toward it. And yet the real reason for our involvement in Iraq is that there’s oil under the ground. Thirty years ago, our politicians started telling us that our national security (let alone long-term resource maintenance) demanded that we free ourselves from dependence on oil. Problem is, no one ever really did anything to make that happen. We’ve wasted thirty years that we could have used to invest in and develop new sources of energy. We weren’t willing to increase mandatory mileage standards; it’s perfectly OK that large buildings leave their doors open all summer to let the air-conditioned air out and all winter to let the heated air out onto the sidewalk. What the hell, energy is plentiful, right? So we’ve allowed ourselves to remain at the mercy of other countries, especially those in the Middle East --- and why, so American citizens can drive SUV’s and Hummers that burn gas like it was water, and it’s all OK if they put a yellow ribbon on the back of the vehicle to show they “support the troops.” The hypocrites want to talk about supporting the troops, but what are they doing to make a war like this unnecessary? For the most part, nothing. Our soldiers are dying not for our national security, but for our convenience, and we’re shopping.

Is that insulting? Maybe so, it certainly doesn’t paint a flattering picture of the average American. Tragically, though, it’s the truth. “Just give me my vehicle and my HDTV and leave me alone. Bad things won’t happen if I just refuse to think about them” People have been warning us about this for decades, and now it’s looking right at us. So what the hey, let’s turn on the evening news --- maybe Britney will shoot us another crotch shot. That’s news, right?

So I get frustrated that virtually no one, least of all our leading politicians, is talking about what we’re going to have to do to gain energy independence and maintain some semblance of personal freedom in a world where most of the historical forces threaten to destroy it. If we’re not going to look at the things that really matter to our common life as American citizens and inhabitants of the world, we’re in for some very dark times.

75158[/snapback]

I'll make you a deal. I'll acknowledge that leftist, thought-policing PC at universities was wrong if you'll acknowledge that there is such a thing as a poorly conceived war under a Republican president. I don't aspire to extremism on either side. I wish you didn't, but I've never seen you display anything but complete and unthinking contempt not just for the radical left, but for anyone even slightly to the left of your rather far-right self. If you'd stop attacking and taunting at every turn, we might even be able to have a real discussion.

No one is saying that our soldiers haven't served honorably. But you can't have it both ways in a democracy. Citizens must remain free to criticize the government and its policies even during a war. I know that's hard for you to swallow, but it's true. This administration has taken us a long way toward the undoing of our democratic form of government.

As for signs at funerals, are you aware of that radical right-wing church in the Midwest that attends soldiers' funerals and does exactly what you're talking about? Maybe you can point me to a site where liberals have done that. I'm not aware of it.

Another problem I have with right-wing culture is that you guys don't seem to care about the facts. That's illustrated in most of your posts. Read them, with open eyes this time. After all, you finally wrote something that at least begins to engage. Let's see if we can make a useful dialogue out of it.

You do realize that Fred Phelps' group is a far-RIGHT Christian organization, right? Anti-gay? Ring a bell?

75203[/snapback]

You don't really expect anything as insignificant as facts to matter to PatRat do you?

I'll make you a deal. I'll acknowledge that leftist, thought-policing PC at universities was wrong if you'll acknowledge that there is such a thing as a poorly conceived war under a Republican president. I don't aspire to extremism on either side. I wish you didn't, but I've never seen you display anything but complete and unthinking contempt not just for the radical left, but for anyone even slightly to the left of your rather far-right self. If you'd stop attacking and taunting at every turn, we might even be able to have a real discussion.

No one is saying that our soldiers haven't served honorably. But you can't have it both ways in a democracy. Citizens must remain free to criticize the government and its policies even during a war. I know that's hard for you to swallow, but it's true. This administration has taken us a long way toward the undoing of our democratic form of government.

As for signs at funerals, are you aware of that radical right-wing church in the Midwest that attends soldiers' funerals and does exactly what you're talking about? Maybe you can point me to a site where liberals have done that. I'm not aware of it.

Another problem I have with right-wing culture is that you guys don't seem to care about the facts. That's illustrated in most of your posts. Read them, with open eyes this time. After all, you finally wrote something that at least begins to engage. Let's see if we can make a useful dialogue out of it.

75272[/snapback]

You are such a tool! Divide people down the middle and call them left and right. In order to have useful dialogue it requires that both parties have at least one ear open. Paul, you have never listened to anyone on this blog, so I do not even remotely believe for one of the briefest moments in time that something useful will come out of this. Just by your constant professing of being Liberal you can't seem to believe that there might be another side of a topic although you preach otherwise.

Get real, there is nothing happening here except a waste of time.

Guest Patriot
Before you get all teary eyed and start crying because people call conservatives names, why don't you take a look at some of the posts you and your ilk have written. When I first started posting I tried to be reasonable and rational in my responses. One of my posts was about my service. If you recall, you called me a coward and a liar. When you posted that you had served in Viet Nam I thanked you. I guess you didn't feel the need to reciprocate.

With regards to blaming america first, no one has ever posted on this web site blaming america for anything. If you can't distinguish between an incompetent fool taking us to war and someone having an opinion that it was a mistake as blaming america first then you truly are lost.

With regards to Reverend Phelps and his group, he is using the bible as his guiding principle, not liberalism. Perhaps you should e-mail him and ask his political and personal values. He comes from Kansas which last time I checked wasn't a hot bed of liberal thinking. And whether or until the courts rule otherwise, he is exercising his right to protest whether we agree with him or not.

I guess you were referring to Fredo, about  the protesters. Yea, I feel real sorry for the man who couldn't remember 61 times under oath simple answers. A man who has all but destroyed the Justice Department, went to the AG who was under sedation to sign documents his acting Director refused to sign because he viewed the activity as illegal and was paid $50,000 to give his speech as despicible. But thats the great thing about being a conservative. The ability to have selective amnesia. When confronted with fact, change the subject. When someone disagrees, insult them. And you are just as guilty as the rest of them.

Now I don't know what movie you're referring to, but any movie produced by anyone isn't going to make one bit of difference to the arab world. They read just like we do and they live it every day in Iraq and Afghanistan. I kink of think that train has left the station.

And you can now add General Sanchez to the list of Kool-aid drinkers. Here is a question for you. How long do you think we should be in Iraq and would you be willing to support a draft and a war tax to fund it? You're were once a soldier, so perhaps you would share with the rest of us your exit strategy.

And just one more thing, go to the library and see if they have a copy of Conservatives without Conscience by John Dean. If they do, sign it out and read it. You'll see alot of yourself in that book. And before you come back with some excuse and insult, Dean is a conservative himself although his definition is far different than yours.

75241[/snapback]

"Conservatives without Conscience" by Screaming Dean ?? I think I'd rather

have a root canal than read anything by him. However, I'm reading a book by

Ann Coulter, "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans". I recommend

it to any Loony Lefy that wants to improve himself. BTW, I never called you a

coward and a liar. I did doubt your assertion that you served in the military, I

never before heard any former GI with such far left views. As for my exit

strategy; Iran is the problem. We can't leave until Iraq can defend themselves

against Iran, otherwise Iran takes over as soon as we leave and Iraq becomes

a base for international terrorism funded and protected by Iran. Also, if Iraq

becomes a base for international terrorism when we leave, Israel becomes a

target. If Israel is attacked, they will strike back (with nukes if necessary)

against Iran. If that happens, all bets are off. We're back in it and probably in

a larger conflict than we're in now. So...... we stay until Iraq is stabilized, that

may take years, or until Iran provokes us enough that we knock out their

military and petroleum facilities with air strikes. Either way, radical Islam is

not going away any time soon and neither are we.

Guest Patriot
If you are talking about Fred Phelps and his minions protesting military funerals, they are hardly left-wing. As far as the "blame america first" that's not exactly true. When we scre up we should own up and make things right. America is a great country and I love it be we are not perfect by any stretch. In the movie "Platoon" Kevin Dillons character pops a guys head like a grape with the butt of his shotgun for no reason at all other than just to do it. Where is your outrage over that?

75200[/snapback]

Platoon was a movie about VietNam, 40 years ago. There are also movies about

WW2 just as violent. Need I tell you that making an anti-american movie about

a war we're currently engaged in is a little different ?? Need I tell you that this

movie will be viewed in the arab world as representative of all american military

personnel and will hurt our cause over there if not result in american deaths ??

The producer, DePalma, and the financier, Mark Cuban are left-wing wackos and

I haven't seen one person on KOTW step up and condemn them for making this

dispicable movie. Birds of a feather stick together.

"Conservatives without Conscience"  by Screaming Dean ??  I think I'd rather

have a root canal than read anything by him.  However, I'm reading a book by

Ann Coulter, "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans". 

I'm reading If Ann Coulter Had A Conscience She'd Still Be A Beeyitch

The one great purpose she serves is to remind some folks that there are far worse alternatives to sleeping alone.

You are such a tool! Divide people down the middle and call them left and right.  In order to have useful dialogue it requires that both parties have at least one ear open. Paul, you have never listened to anyone on this blog, so I do not even remotely believe for one of the briefest moments in time that something useful will come out of this.  Just by your constant professing of being Liberal you can't seem to believe that there might be another side of a topic although you preach otherwise.

Get real, there is nothing happening here except a waste of time.

75348[/snapback]

1. That's not true. When people actually say something he seems to listen. I've seen him do it plenty of times.

2. If this is such a waste of time, why did you post? And if saying something was what it's all about, why didn't you say anything? Seems like he's getting to you. Maybe it's time for you to stop and think.

3. He wasn't the one who raised liberal-versus-conservative, and most if not all his criticisms are not aimed at conservatism, just radical conservatism. (If it's radical, is it still conservative?)

Ann Coulter, "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans".  I recommend

it to any Loony Lefy that wants to improve himself.  BTW, I never called you a

coward and a liar. I did doubt your assertion that you served in the military, I

never before heard any former GI with such far left views.  As for my exit

against Iran. If that happens, all bets are off. We're back in it and probably in

a larger conflict than we're in now. So...... we stay until Iraq is stabilized, that

military and petroleum facilities with air strikes. Either way, radical Islam is

75359[/snapback]

You see, that's your problem. You immediately reject anything by a serious author, and all you read is inflammatory crap from people who feed your biases. No wonder you thought Fred Phelps was a liberal. Hint to PatRat: If you want to learn anything, you'll have to start reading things you don't necessarily agree with.

As for the Middle East, why not just invade Iran, subdue the whole region and take over?

WW2 just as violent.  Need I tell you that making an anti-american movie about

a war we're currently engaged in is a little different ?? Need I tell you that this

movie will be viewed in the arab world as representative of all american military

personnel and will hurt our cause over there if not result in american deaths ??

75364[/snapback]

So PatRat, if what you're saying is true, then it's never OK to criticize a war while we're fighting it. If that's true, what is to prevent a tyrant from keeping the country constantly at war so that no one can criticize him? Of course, since the war is a threat to national security, by definition, the president can suspend habeas corpus and whatever other personal freedoms he chooses while the war is on --- which is forever. Gee, we had better hope we never get a president who would do anything like that.

Ever think of that, genius?

"Conservatives without Conscience"  by Screaming Dean ??

That's Howard Dean, you imbecile.

I think I'd rather

have a root canal than read anything by him.

Glutton for punishment, eh?

However, I'm reading a book by

Ann Coulter, "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans".

I guess liars are attracted to other liars:

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/02/16/ann-c...rs-lies-ab.html

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/07/14/ann_co...t_karl_rove.php

She's also an ignoramus:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/06...ence_for_ev.php

And a plagiarist:

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog...ves/003335.html

Ann Coulter is a disgraceful person.

personnel

They have FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE with American military, and to anyone with the slightest bit of logic, it is obvious they would more likely get their ideas from what they actually experience than some random movie in the US.

and will hurt our cause over there if not result in american deaths ??

What results in American deaths is keeping military over there on an impossible "mission."

Sad fact: We could have had 9/11 happen TWICE and have lost fewer lives than 9/11 plus the debacle in Iraq. What good is all this hot air about not being attacked again when we're still losing lives on a regular basis in a country that never attacked us?!

http://www.infoshout.com/

75364[/snapback]

It's still a free country right? Have you actualy seen the movie before you condemn it or are you just gonna take OReilly's word for it? If you don't want to see it, don't see it. Just quit whining about it.

Guest Patriot

75272[/snapback]

Quote of the year: "I don't aspire to extremism on either side". This from

the poster-boy of Loony Lefties.

Ann Coulter, "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans".  I recommend

it to any Loony Lefy that wants to improve himself.  BTW, I never called you a

never before heard any former GI with such far left views.  As for my exit

75359[/snapback]

Sir,

I’m disappointed but not surprised that you decline to engage in any real dialogue. But since you raise the subject of Ms. Coulter, I’ll try to engage you on that.

One statement from her latest “book” is: “The temperature of the planet has increased about one degree Fahrenheit in the last century. So imagine a summer afternoon when it’s 63 degrees and the next thing you know it’s . . . 64 degrees. Ahhhh!!!! Run for your lives, everybody! Women and children first!”

Heaven forbid (if you’ll pardon the expression) that you should be interested in what people who actually know something about science have to say on the matter. I’m referring to people who have spent their entire professional lives on science, not snappy remarks. Global warming is not about a one-degree temperature shift on one summer day. It's about a mass temperature shift over a course of years. It's also about why it's happening. The fact that it involves unprecedented levels of greenhouse gases makes a huge difference.

Ann Coulter is just peddling her biases. She knows nothing about science, nothing about the effects of seemingly minor temperature changes, nothing about virtually anything she pontificates on. The world seems idiotic to her not because the world is idiotic, but because she’s ignorant, and doesn’t understand much of anything except how to market books to people who are too ignorant to know they're garbage.

People who do understand the science are in consensus that human-caused global warming is a serious threat not only to our way of life, but to our very survival. Read, for example, this brief statement from National Geographic. Did you know, for example, that the difference between our temperatures today and those during Earth’ Ice Ages is only nine degrees farenheit? (http://green.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/gw-overview.html?source=G2300&kwid=global%20warming|780841765) Did you know that those changes usually occur over hundreds of thousands of years? I doubt that you did. Yet when an ignorant book-hawker like Ann Coulter tells you that one degree of difference in the Earth’ average temperature over a century doesn’t mean anything, you grab onto that like a drowning man grabbing at a life preserver --- and why, because it’s what you want to hear. We know the polar ice caps are melting at an increasingly rapid rate. We see changes in weather patterns. We can measure the amount of greenhouse gases in the air. Those are facts, no less just because they’re not the facts you want to hear. Your reading Ann Coulter is like a man “reading” Playboy and masturbating. She’s playing with you to sell her book, and you’re dumb enough to buy it.

You live on the same planet we liberals do. You breathe the same air, drink the same water and live on the same land. If it goes bad, it’s going bad for all of us. The facts aren’t going to change just because you only read things you already agree with.

You make a big deal out of military courage and honor. So show some intellectual honor. There is such a thing, you know. And it’s not about liberal versus conservative. It’s about real science versus right-wing political correctness. You guys are capable of it, too, you know, and you’ve made it into an art form. As bad as the left could be on this, they don’t hold a candle to you guys on the right.

Real some real science, man. Here are just a few links to get you started.

http://www.weather.com/encyclopedia/global/index.html

http://nationalacademies.org/onpi/06072005.pdf

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/

http://dieoff.org/page104.htm

http://www.ametsoc.org/POLICY/2007climatechange.html

http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/policy/climate_...e_position.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296144,00.html

http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/document.asp?latest=1&id=3222

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?News...mate&Cr1=change

And if you don’t like that, maybe this will mean something to you.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=51379

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/08/national...all&oref=slogin

Have the courage you claim to have. Be a real tough guy and read something you don’t agree with. Maybe you’ll learn something --- unless you don’t have the guts, that is.