Political Action

Guest Guest

Michael:

Go on line to www.app.com and look up the article on League of Municipalities working to muzzle public, I believe it was in today's paper under the heading of Commentary. I am sure you will find this article very interesting. Also check out www.njsunshinelaw.com. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor, don't weaken, stand tall, there is so much corruption and nepotism going on in our Town and someone needs to bring it to light. Also look into the hiring freeze that Dept of Community Affairs placed on Harrison some 4 years ago, find out why they haven't abided by there rules? Good Luck!!!!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guess
Well, I couldn’t find anything to support your quote.  I looked at the following www pages.  EDUCATE ME AND THE PEOPLE IF I AM WRONG, but I think Harrison runs the Gardens without HUD.

HUD Web Page

Hudson County Web Page

State Web Page

New Jersery Housing Resource Center

Now the only thing I found, was at the New Jersey Housing Resource Center.  You can see that Harrison Housing Authority, is the Housing Authority recognized by the State of NJ.  That Housing Authority consists of the following people:

Executive Director

Michael Rodgers

Harrison Housing Authority

Irene Almeida

Laurence M. Bennett

Joan Graziano

Brunilda Mustilli

Stephen McCormick

George Rice

Thomas Lucas

What I would do is:

1). Try to meet one of these people, I know a few & when I see one I’ll ask what’s going on & I’ll respond (on this site).  (question) Are there any monthly meetings for the Gardens with these people?

2). Pull an OPRA (Open Public Records Act).  You do this by going to town hall & the first door to the right is the clerks’ office.  You ask the clerk for an OPRA form and fill it out.  You can fill it out there, just be clear on what your request is; and expect to pay for your information, but hopefully after a few fundraiser Friends of Harrison P.A.C., might be able to assist.

http://www.state.nj.us/opra/

This response can be considered harassment.

Why would you respond by saying you would add $25.00 to the rent?

I hope this helps

Michael Fernández

Oh so you are a lawyer now too?? You are already starting to sound like the rest of them A PART TIME HERO!!!

Guest guest
THE HARRISON GARDENS AND THE K/C HAVE A TENANTS ASSOC.AND WE MEET ON THE THIRD MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH BUT THEN AGAIN ALL THESE TENANTS WITH THE PROBLEMS NEVER SHOW UP AT ANY MEETING.THERE ARE USUALLY 4 TENANTS ANY MEETING IF THAT.THE COMMISSIONER MEET ON THE 2ND WED OF THE MONDAY.NO ONE EVER GOES THERE BUT 2 TENANTS.GET INVOLVED AND GO TO THESE MEETINGS. NOTICES ARE ALWAYS POSTED.PUT THE SAME TENANTS COME.

we have been having a problem with keeping the flyers on the walls in the KC, some people feel the need to destroy things.

Guest NERVE
"SHIFTED"???  THE GARDENS IS A "REAL" TOWN ISSUE!!!  OR DON"T THE LOWER INCOME PEOPLE COUNT?    IN CASE THE WRITER DIDN'T KNOW:  "THE GARDENS IS RUN BY THE "MAIN POLITICAL GROUP "  THE MAYOR PUT COUNCILMAN MIKE RODGERS IN AS MANAGER.  tHE GARDENS IS NOT RUN BY HUD, IT IS RUN BY OUR OWN "all in the family" GANG!  SINCE the TENENTS GET NO RESULTS FROM RODGERS AND ARE IGNORED, THEY ARE COMING TO THIS SITE FOR HELP. 

THE  LOCAL OFFICIALS DON't CARE IF THE "Good" TENANTS  HAVE PROBLEMS  WITH THE  "TRASH" THAT FORMER DIRECTOR TOM LUCAS AND PRESENT MANAGER RODGERS MOVES INTO THE GARDENS SINCE THEY DON'T HAVE TO LIVE THERE AND ARE BUSY FILLING THEIR POCKETS!

You really have some nerve!!! Here is a suggestion MOVE! you are really pathetic, it's all good when they are helping you but just one time you don't get you own way and they are garbage....typical of you! As far as the two of them filling their pockets I think you have them mixed up with the folk in the town hall. You are really disguting.

There is a list of Issues we are facing. 

I'm looking for leaders in the community, who like myself want to "Improve the Quality of Life in Harrison"; Leaders who are willing to work with Friends of Harrison Issues.Pick an issue or tell us a new issue & E-mail us at: Friendsofharriso@aol.com. 

A Friends of Harrison Issue is any Resident, Business owner or Town employee, who comes to Friends of Harrison P.A.C., with a sincere issue & is willing to help Friends of Harrison P.A.C. resolve these issues.

We are willing and ready to listen to the following Issues:

Education / Harrison’s Future

The Harrison Gardens (regulating meetings, cleaning services)

The Harrison Re-Development (N.J.C.A.E.D.A.) (Not developing Downtown Harrison)

The Soccer Stadium (Case studies on economic and traffic)

Harrison Chambers of Commerce (Uniting Business Owners)

The affects of Antennas to close to the Public (Public Health & Safety)

Intimidation (Harassment)

MAYBE IT IS TIME FOR AN AWARD CEREMONY!!! LET'S HONOR THE HERO!!!

Guest PLEASE
Well, I couldn’t find anything to support your quote.  I looked at the following www pages.  EDUCATE ME AND THE PEOPLE IF I AM WRONG, but I think Harrison runs the Gardens without HUD.

HUD Web Page

Hudson County Web Page

State Web Page

New Jersery Housing Resource Center

Now the only thing I found, was at the New Jersey Housing Resource Center.  You can see that Harrison Housing Authority, is the Housing Authority recognized by the State of NJ.  That Housing Authority consists of the following people:

Executive Director

Michael Rodgers

Harrison Housing Authority

Irene Almeida

Laurence M. Bennett

Joan Graziano

Brunilda Mustilli

Stephen McCormick

George Rice

Thomas Lucas

What I would do is:

1). Try to meet one of these people, I know a few & when I see one I’ll ask what’s going on & I’ll respond (on this site).  (question) Are there any monthly meetings for the Gardens with these people?

2). Pull an OPRA (Open Public Records Act).  You do this by going to town hall & the first door to the right is the clerks’ office.  You ask the clerk for an OPRA form and fill it out.  You can fill it out there, just be clear on what your request is; and expect to pay for your information, but hopefully after a few fundraiser Friends of Harrison P.A.C., might be able to assist.

http://www.state.nj.us/opra/

This response can be considered harassment.

Why would you respond by saying you would add $25.00 to the rent?

I hope this helps

Michael Fernández

HARASSMENT NO IT WAS A FACT! THIS SITE IS FOR PEOPLE'S OPINIONS SO DON'T TRY TO BE MR. WONDERFUL, YOU ARE ALREADY MAKING ME ILL.

Guest Guest

Quote:

"Democracies die behind closed doors. A government operating in the shadow of secrecy stands in complete opposition to the society envisioned by the framers of our constitution."

As said by, Judge Damon Keith, of the 6th United States Circuit Court of the Appeals, 2002.

Government of the Town of Harrison, explain yourselves, alot of damage has been done to Harrison and the political rights of the people of Harrison behind closed doors in the Town Hall on the 3rd floor. WHY,have we never been given the right to decide what would be best for us on major decisions like the re-development, the stadium or even who should serve on the Borad of Education? Why were we the people never allowed to vote on any of these issues???????????? We pay the high taxes in Harrison and we should atleast have a voice on how it is spent.

Guest Guest
Direct some of your questions directly to Bennet, You will be surprised at your answers.

yeah, he'll tell ya want ya want to hear just to snag your vote.... Wait and see if he does anything for anyone, especially god forbid he gets in office. Just another one of Mayor McDumbs puppets as far as I am concerned.

Guest 12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users

Hey Michelle,12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users No one is going to support you you nut. They know better.

Guest GUEST

WHY DO YOU CARE IF WE SIGN IN AS A GUEST OR A RESIDENT WHO ARE YOU WE SHOULD POST OUR NAME BECAUSE YOU DO.GUESS WHAT IN CASE YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS BUT THE LAST TIME I CHECK IT WAS AMERICA AND IN AMERICA WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT.SO THEREFORE IN THE FUTURE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ME SIGNING IN AS A GUEST OR RESIDENT WE HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN YOU ARE ALIVE.ANOTHER THING WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR THIS MESS UP TOWN OF OURS ALREADY YOU ARE RUNNING FOR MAYOR IN 2008.WE HAVE ISSUES WITH THE WAY THE TOWN DOES THINGS SO LETS NOT GO THERE.YOU WILL SEE ME SIGNED IN AS A GUEST OR REIDENT TO BAD SO SAD.THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO FOR THE HOUSING RESIDENT OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.HOUSING WAS FINE BEFORE YOU CAN ALONG AND THEY WILL BE THERE AFTER YOU ARE GONE.WE SAID IT BEFORE AND WE WILL SAY AGAIN HARRISON HOUSING DO NOT WANT ANY PART OF YOU AND YOUR POLITICAL ACTION.LIKE EVERYONE ELSE GOOD OH PROMISE ME.SORRY I CANNOT HELP.

Guest Guest
Hey Michelle,12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users No one is going to support you you nut.  They know better.

What a tacky come back. Doesn't matter how we sign our names on this web site. What matters is when we sign our names to cast our vote for the next Mayor.

Would you like to take a stab at who we are not voting for to put back in office as Mayor?

Guest Guest
You see if you knew how to read, you would realize that it doesn't matter if I live in Harrison.  My family has had a business in Harrison for over 30 years.  I have run this business for 10 years now.  Now I can't vote in Harrison, BUT MY VOICE SHOULD BE HEARD.

Mr. Millan (to you at least) has not assisted me in any way.  The fact is that I truly believe that things are headed in the wrong direction and that I hear many people complain with fear.  This made my decision. 

I'm not out to get the people in office, but I'm out to encourage Harrisonians to step up, voice their opinion.  Maybe encourage someone to run for office and may the best candidate win.  I will encourage public debates on real issues.

The only ones that should fear my INDEPENDENT Political Action Committee, are those that are not out for the best interest of Harrison because "As members of the community, we share at least some basic bond, Living or Doing Business in Harrison, which may be enough to ensure our loyalty to one another in improving the quality of life in Harrison." it.  I was already visited by someone from town and let me tell you, there is no one that can intimidate me.  In fact, those who feel intimidated by this Political machine should know that I have retained an attorney, who will handle this legally.

Enjoy, I never had a problem with competitive business.  Hope you come up to me and introduce your-self if you see me there one night.  I heard the food was pretty good.

Michael Fernández

P.S.

I Guess you are either scared or one of those people who try to intimidate those who voice their opinion, because I don’t see your name. LOL :ph34r:

[righhis t]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/right

Yea right it's for your father in law and as he would say "his people" in politics people are people reguardless their backround

Guest Guest
Then why are the hallways still very dirty?  It doesn't look as though they id they instituted it yet.

I haven't heard anyone on this website, complaing about the cleanning  bill and 'begging' to be given a 2nd chance. 

Is our locaL HUD ORGANIZATION all threats and no action?

Kearny on the Web is not a tenants metting make your voices heard at meetings instead of this web site

Guest Guest
Not many 20 yr olds get involved in politics.  I wish I was, your right.We were in Trenton last week, It's on-line.  I'll find the exact web page and post it, but you should listen to it.

Doesn't sound like you are happy neither, so why fight our Independent Political Action Committee?  We are not leaning toward the Democrats or Republicans.  We will find the best candidate, through open debates and support them, who ever they may be. "As members of the community, we share at least some basic bond, Living or Doing Business in Harrison, which may be enough to ensure our loyalty to one another in improving the quality of life in Harrison."I also believe MAYOR SANTOS IS DOING A PRETTY GOOD JOB.  THE DOWNTOWN LOOKS GREAT AND THE RE-DEVELOPMENT IS MOVING SLOWLY, BUT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!  Taxes might be slightly high in Kearny, but it's worth it.  Companies, not developers, will want to come to Kearny and invest; NOT JUST LOOK FOR TAX ABATEMENTS.

The Spanish Pavillion (est. 1976) wants to improve Harrison; we need a proper development, of Downtown and waterfront.  Do you think it was easy surviving these past 10-15 years? Worthington Pumps, Otis Elevator, RCA and Hartz Mountain left for greener pastures, and the economy soured.  Hard work and determination prevailed and the Spanish Pavillion survived.  Now that the pastures are getting greener in Harrison, DO YOU HONESTLY THINK WE DON'T WANNA HELP?  I for one want to help lead the way.  My business experience is a definite asset and the fact that I'm self-employed makes it easier.  Those who are intimidated will always welcome to our table to discuss what we can do as a group to improve the quality of life in Harrison.

or

IF YOU HAVE NEVER ATTENDED A MEETING IN YOUR LIFE, THIS IS THE ONE TO ATTEND. LET THE COUNCIL KNOW YOU STAND BY MY SIDE AS I'LL ST YOURS!!

I am going but not to stand by you to stand by the mayor and council, don't put other people down for your father in laws benifit it won't help.

Guest Guest
The Meeting may not start until 8:00pm (or directly after the Town Meeting)

I encourage everyone who is interested in attending our first meeting attend the Town Hall Meeting.  Be at the Town Hall 6:45pm, the meeting starts at 7:00. 

Then pass by the Spanish Pavillion party room

People will only show up for free beer not you

Hello,

Friends of Harrison P.A.C. will be having it's first meeting. TUESDAY, APRIL 4, 2006; 7:30 pm

I have a preliminary Agenda which will start off with me introducing my-self and the mission of the P.A.C.

One quick note:

I want to send a special Thank You, to all the people who support this site. I took a chance starting Friends of Harrison P.A.C.; by only using, a FREE HARRISON FORUM, run by KOTW. (Thank you Mr. KOTW & Paid sponsors)

We will discuss issues that are affecting Harrisonians. (Businesses/ Residents/ Employees)

Friends of Harrison will separate the issues on hand & will ask for volunteers to over see the progress. We will have to discuss how to invite more people (Non-KOTW people). These volunteers will eventually construct the of board directors.

The board of directors will be asked to meet on a bi-weekly or monthly meeting, to discuss the progress of the Issues on hand. The board of Directors will also come up with a game plan to educate the Public of these issues. It will take advantage of the election year registering new voters; promoting public debates between candidates, on the issues most important to Harrisonians; educate the public on How to use the electronic voting machines; & give support to the general Public when they want to voice their opinion.

I, Michael Fernández have had enough. I'm taking a stand. I believe there are many of you who would like to Improve the Quality of Life in Harrison. As a group we can accomplish a great task and really make a difference.

I ask for your support in attending our first meeting. You may feel like if you presence is not needed, like you don't think you'll be able to help, but your presence in this meeting is very important. Without it, I believe the future of Harrison is headed in the wrong direction.

Invite a fellow Harrisonian, and do not allow intimidation to stop you from attending. Friends of Harrison P.A.C. is an INDEPENDENT, non-profit organization, out for improving the quality of life in Harrison.

PLEASE RSVP with me, by replying to this e-mail (friendsofharriso@aol.com), even if you think I already know your coming. Let me know how many will be attending with you.

Thank You,

Michael Fernández

Guest guest

YOU CAN ALL GO BACK TO PORTU----------------------------------------------

GAL NOW WITH THE IMMIGRATION LAW TAKE THE NEXT BOAT BACK SEE YOU NEXT TIME.

Guest Guest

First of all you idiot, you need to learn how to spell. Second you are a chicken shit by not posting your name. Come to the meeting and show your face you coward.

MEETING TONIGHT AT THE SPANISH PAVILLION, BE HEARD AND ,MAKE A DIFFERENCE. THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY........ YOU ARE NOT ON THE AGENDA THAT IS THE ANSWER THAT THEY WILL GIVE YOU WHEN YOU HAVE AN ISSUE....... ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS ADJOURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.... THEY ARE HERE FOR THE COMMUNITY...... WHAT EXACTLY HAVE THEY DONE FOR THE COMMUNITY...... WAKE UP HARRISON IT AINT GETTIN ANY BETTER............ MAKE A DIFFERENCE....

Guest 2smart4u
MEETING TONIGHT AT THE SPANISH PAVILLION, BE HEARD AND ,MAKE A DIFFERENCE.  THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY........ YOU ARE NOT ON THE AGENDA THAT IS THE ANSWER THAT THEY WILL GIVE YOU WHEN YOU HAVE AN ISSUE....... ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS ADJOURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.... THEY ARE HERE FOR THE COMMUNITY...... WHAT EXACTLY HAVE THEY DONE FOR THE COMMUNITY...... WAKE UP HARRISON IT AINT GETTIN ANY BETTER............ MAKE A DIFFERENCE....

Michael,

I'll be at your restaurant tonight. One suggestion, lets start a petition drive tonight, "DEMANDING THE COUNCIL INCLUDE AN "OPEN PUBLIC SESSION ON THE AGENDA". If everyone attending tonight's meeting signs it and then goes out to their neighborhoods gathering signatures, we can easily get 1,000 names or more. We can then present this petition to the council at a future meeting. These are numbers they can't ignore. We can take back this town if we make up our minds to do it. (Mr. Harrison, I hope to see you there).

Guest Guest
YOU CAN ALL GO BACK TO PORTU----------------------------------------------

GAL NOW WITH THE IMMIGRATION LAW TAKE THE NEXT BOAT BACK SEE YOU NEXT TIME.

You are so ignorant you got the wrong Country...

Guest GUEST

IT IS THE RIGHT COUNTRY PORT-GAL- GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT HERE IN AMERICA.NO LOSS TO HARRISON GET ON THE NEXT BOAT AND GO BACK.

Guest Guest
Already did!!!  Nothing was done about the dirty hallways!

REALLY???? THATS SO ODD, BECAUSE WHEN A FRIEND OF MINE ASKED THE OFFICE IF ANYONE HAD COMPLAINED ABOUT THE HALLWAYS, I WAS TOLD THE RESPONSE WAS THAT THEY HADNT GOTTEN NOT ONE COMPLAINT AND NOTHING WAS SUBMITTED TO THEM IN WRITING FROM ANY TENANT. YOU KNOW, THE WAY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO NOTIFY THE OFFICE OF AN ON-GOING PROBLEM..... :ph34r:

Guest guest
REALLY????  THATS SO ODD, BECAUSE WHEN A FRIEND OF MINE ASKED THE OFFICE IF ANYONE HAD COMPLAINED ABOUT THE HALLWAYS, I WAS TOLD THE RESPONSE WAS THAT THEY HADNT GOTTEN NOT ONE COMPLAINT AND NOTHING WAS SUBMITTED TO THEM IN WRITING FROM ANY TENANT.  YOU KNOW, THE WAY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO NOTIFY THE OFFICE OF AN ON-GOING PROBLEM..... :)

I complained 'several' times IN PERSON at the office and nothing was ever done and the hallways were never washed. One if the maintanance men even 'told one of the offending tenants to wash the hall almost a year ago, and she ignored him and never did it.

PS I heard the the maintanance goes around in the early summer, "LOOKING UP AT 'EACH' WINDOW TO SEE WHO HAS AN AIR CONDITIONER and HOW MANY, to "make sure" THAT 'EVERYONE' IS PAYING THEIR $20 FEE every MONTH ON EACH. then "WHY DON'T THEY ALSO GO AROUND PERIODICALLY AND "check the hallways and give a 'warning' or "fine" to those who are not cleaning the halls?

Archived