Political Action

Hello,

My name is Michael Fernández. I have just organized a Political Action Committee. It's a non-profit organization, inviting all to participate.

The Following is the P.A.C Mission Statement:

"As members of the community, we share at least some basic bond, Living or Doing Business in Harrison, which may be enough to ensure our loyalty to one another in improving the quality of life in Harrison."

I founded this Political Action Committee to improve the quality of life in Harrison, by overseeing the Political Action taking place in Harrison. We will overcome the intimidation as a group and we will strive to make sure that the Residents & Businesses in Harrison have a fair say. People feel like they do not have a voice in the local government. We will, as a group, provide a voice for proper political action.

I invite every Business owner & Harrison Resident to participate in meetings to discuss solutions to issues affecting Harrison.

I am currently working on a Web page. I am also planning on having my first meeting in a couple of weeks. For now, you can contact me by the following means:

Phone: (973) 474-7808

Temporary E-mail:FriendsOfHarriso@aol.com (aol only allows 16 letters for e-mail)

Mail: Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

P.O.Box 87

Harrison, New Jersey, 07029

Thank You

Michael Fernández

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Senior Town Resident
Hello,

My name is Michael Fernández.  I have just organized a Political Action Committee.  It's a non-profit organization, inviting all to participate.

The Following is the P.A.C Mission Statement:

"As members of the community, we share at least some basic bond, Living or Doing Business in Harrison, which may be enough to ensure our loyalty to one another in improving the quality of life in Harrison."

I founded this Political Action Committee to improve the quality of life in Harrison, by overseeing the Political Action taking place in Harrison.  We will overcome the intimidation as a group and we will strive to make sure that the Residents & Businesses in Harrison have a fair say.  People feel like they do not have a voice in the local government.  We will, as a group, provide a voice for proper political action.

I invite every Business owner & Harrison Resident to participate in meetings to discuss solutions to issues affecting Harrison.

I am currently working on a Web page.  I am also planning on having my first meeting in a couple of weeks.  For now, you can contact me by the following means:

Temporary E-mail:FriendsOfHarriso@aol.com (aol only allows 16 letters for e-mail)

Mail: Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

P.O.Box 87

Thank You

Michael Fernández

Michael,

You don't need a web page , you need a sheep herder.

Guest Guest
Good Luck Michael, but I'm not sure you know what your facing.  These guys are  bad.

:) Michael I stand with you and the Friends of Harrison PAC, It's time to let the residents and businesses be heard... let's take some action..

Guest Guest

My name is Michael Fernández. I have just organized a Political Action Committee. It's a non-profit organization, inviting all to participate.

You don't even live in Harrison and your father-in-law is behind this. What a joke!!A least you can spell while your f-i-l could never. Mike don't wreck your business, tell Millan to do his own dirty work. Bad decision. Too bad. I liked your fillet. Old Cielli's gets all my business.

You don't even live in Harrison and your father-in-law is behind this. What a joke!!A least you can spell while your f-i-l could never. Mike don't wreck your business, tell Millan to do his own dirty work. Bad decision. Too bad. I liked your fillet. Old Cielli's gets all my business.

You see if you knew how to read, you would realize that it doesn't matter if I live in Harrison. My family has had a business in Harrison for over 30 years. I have run this business for 10 years now. Now I can't vote in Harrison, BUT MY VOICE SHOULD BE HEARD.

Mr. Millan (to you at least) has not assisted me in any way. The fact is that I truly believe that things are headed in the wrong direction and that I hear many people complain with fear. This made my decision.

I'm not out to get the people in office, but I'm out to encourage Harrisonians to step up, voice their opinion. Maybe encourage someone to run for office and may the best candidate win. I will encourage public debates on real issues.

The only ones that should fear my INDEPENDENT Political Action Committee, are those that are not out for the best interest of Harrison because "As members of the community, we share at least some basic bond, Living or Doing Business in Harrison, which may be enough to ensure our loyalty to one another in improving the quality of life in Harrison."

As far as my business, I can handle it. I was already visited by someone from town and let me tell you, there is no one that can intimidate me. In fact, those who feel intimidated by this Political machine should know that I have retained an attorney, who will handle this legally.

Bad decision. Too bad. I liked your fillet. Old Cielli's gets all my business.
Enjoy, I never had a problem with competitive business. Hope you come up to me and introduce your-self if you see me there one night. I heard the food was pretty good.

Michael Fernández

P.S.

I Guess you are either scared or one of those people who try to intimidate those who voice their opinion, because I don’t see your name. LOL :)

My name is Michael Fernández.  I have just organized a Political Action Committee.  It's a non-profit organization, inviting all to participate.

You don't even live in Harrison and your father-in-law is behind this.  What a joke!!A least you can spell while your f-i-l could never.  Mike don't  wreck your business, tell Millan to do his own dirty work.  Bad decision.  Too bad.  I liked your fillet.  Old Cielli's gets all my business.

Why is it that when someone tries to do something good in the town of Harrison, someone always has to come and try to knock them down, or try to find some hidden meaning.? It is always the way of Harrison. The same dirty people, doing the same dirty things, and trying to drag everyone down with them. They line their pockets with money, and yet drain those with no connections of their hard earned money.

Sounds like someone is trying some intimidation tactics, also the way that town employees have learned to work. It's disgusting and disheartening to see some people try to intimate those that have worked hard to bring up their businesses in town, and try to do something good. I hope that Michael Fernandez, sees right through your intimidation tactis, and continues with his work toward the PAC. I for one will be contacting him in order to join the worthy cause. I will work with him to try to put you and others like you in your place.

Since you have nothing but negative things to say about the PAC, then it appears to me that you have something that you're worried about losing or coming out. I don't see anything negative about the PAC. It is only working toward a positive outcome. why would anyone go against that, unless of course they have something to protect.

Guest Guest

Michael, the name of your group will not work. PAC's imply they have only a hidden agenda to protect their own interests.

If you were really concerned about Harrison and it's future, you want to get a new name without the political overturn. There are many people in town that are not happy with current state of affairs.

Your mission statement with the phrase "quality of life" is the real issue. Not only in Harrison, but surrounding areas as well.

Good luck.

Guest Guest

Your business is your life, and if you are putting it on the line it must mean alot to you (as long as there is no hidden agenda). Best of luck in your worthwile cause, Godspeed....

Our first meeting will be held Tuesday, April 4th at 7:30pm in The Spanish Pavillion party room. I have a few Ideas to put an agenda together and would like to hear recommendations from the people of Harrison.

If you really love this town, this is your chance. We need you, the young people of Harrison to motivate your-self to improve your future in Harrison. We need you the fathers and grandfathers of this town to bring your knowledge & experience to improve the quality of life in Harrison.

If you have issues about Harrison, in which you are not happy about, this meeting is the opportunity to have your voice heard. This meeting is the beginning of a brighter future.

Please contact me if you are interested in attending. Now is your chance.

Temporary E-mail:FriendsOfHarriso@aol.com

(aol only allows 16 letters for e-mail)

I would like to thank everyone who has e-mailed me thus far. I have received nothing but positive E-mails. Below is just one of the e-mails that I received that I thought would be nice to share with everyone. Thank you again. And I continue to look forward to hearing from everyone who is interested in joining the Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

community building is always complicated and fun..

basis is honesty and loyalty...  not much of that these days but 1 thing is for sure...

you just have to keep looking out for one another...  until you have that..  you can only go so far.

Guest Michael Fernández
Too bad.  I liked your fillet.  Old Cielli's gets all my business.

Well they don't have a filet for you to try, but the food was damn good!

So far, The Soccer stadium is definitely on the agenda, as well as the constant increase of property taxes and the effect the town budget has on property taxes.

If you may, please get in touch with me if you are interested in attending. I want to make sure I have adequate seating. It’s time to make a stand and do what you believe is the right thing.

Michael Fernández

A Kearny resident writes in an e-mail to FriendsofHarriso@aol.com:

Hello Mr. Fernandez,

I have been reading your posts on Kearny On the Web, and had to drop you a note to applaud you for your work in arranging this new organization while still running your business.  I am fortunate enough not to live in Harrison with all this political hoopla, and redevelopment going on, I do however live in Kearny and I must say the politics are not much better, but at least we don't have to deal with a redevelopment group such as yours. 

I did grow up in Harrison, and did love the town way back when they actually cared about the people and businesses of the town.  I have eaten in your restaurant, and my family have held many family parties in your downstairs party room and have to say it will be a loss to the community if the people of Harrison lose the Spanish Pavillion to another town.  I would love to attend your meeting just to see and hear how many people are going to support your efforts, but feel that I would be taking up a space that should be used by a Harrison resident....Because it's their VOTE that will count.

I am a Hudson County resident, so if it comes down where you put together any kind of petition that you would require signatures of the county, count me in. 

So in conclusion, Good Luck, and I hope your voice and those of the Harrison residents and businesses let the politicians know what they are up against.  Continue to post to keep the citizens informed....

You are more then welcome to attend the meeting. I'm sure growing up in Harrison you may have many friends that may want to accompany you that evening. In our first meeting I am planning on discussing some of the major issues we are facing in Harrison & some that may affect the county as well. Your opinion & experience is very important & necessary.

I would like to let the people know that this P.A.C. is not fighting a much needed Re-development in Harrison. The Re-development is an issue we will address, but it's just one of many.

Thank You for your kind words.

In a message dated 3/20/2006 5:42:35 PM Eastern Standard Time

I would like you to email me a plan of what the P.A.C wants to achieve

and how it plans to attack. I am pretty busy and want to make sure that

taking a day away from my schedule would be worth it. Please do not answer

by asking me to just attend the meeting. Give me something to get me

motivated to be there.    Thank you

The Political Action Committee was not established for the purpose of attacking any particular party or person. I'm planning on jointly improving the quality of life in Harrison, by overseeing the Political Action taking place in Harrison.

I would like to clarify that the P.A.C. shall not be used for purposes of revenge or for individual gain. I believe this P.A.C. is solely for the purpose of finding better, more just, and fair ways of progressing. As each important issue is brought up, it will be looked at and discussed as a group, solutions will be determined and met based on overall opinions & suggestions of the group.

Motivation itself should be the fact that you can be part of an elite and strong group who's goal is to diminish all wrong doings and protect the Harrison residents and its businesses. (Harrisonians)

-This P.A.C. will :

-Encourage debates on issues.

-As a group show support to candidates with Financial and Political backing.

-Educate the public on the Political Action taking place in Harrison & the effects on them as individuals.

"I am pretty busy and want to make sure that taking a day away from my schedule would be worth it."

We all have busy days, securing our future, as our family grows.

Give it a shot!

Making a difference feels good.

Michael Fernández

Guest Guest
You see if you knew how to read, you would realize that it doesn't matter if I live in Harrison.  My family has had a business in Harrison for over 30 years.  I have run this business for 10 years now.  Now I can't vote in Harrison, BUT MY VOICE SHOULD BE HEARD.

Mr. Millan (to you at least) has not assisted me in any way.  The fact is that I truly believe that things are headed in the wrong direction and that I hear many people complain with fear.  This made my decision. 

I'm not out to get the people in office, but I'm out to encourage Harrisonians to step up, voice their opinion.  Maybe encourage someone to run for office and may the best candidate win.  I will encourage public debates on real issues.

The only ones that should fear my INDEPENDENT Political Action Committee, are those that are not out for the best interest of Harrison because "As members of the community, we share at least some basic bond, Living or Doing Business in Harrison, which may be enough to ensure our loyalty to one another in improving the quality of life in Harrison."

As far as my business, I can handle it.  I was already visited by someone from town and let me tell you, there is no one that can intimidate me.  In fact, those who feel intimidated by this Political machine should know that I have retained an attorney, who will handle this legally.

Enjoy, I never had a problem with competitive business.  Hope you come up to me and introduce your-self if you see me there one night.  I heard the food was pretty good.

Michael Fernández

P.S.

I Guess you are either scared or one of those people who try to intimidate those who voice their opinion, because I don’t see your name. LOL :lol:

I wish You luck in Your Crusade to help out the people of this town....There is one thing that would be interesting to know..Take the names of everyone that works for this Town and see how many of them are related to each other, When new jobs are available the don't seem to get posted, someones Who works in the town halls Family member seem to get the job...I think the # of people related would be VERrrrrrrY INTERESTING!!!!!!!How many are there??????????

I wish you well in your endeavors. Sincerely. I am at this time unable to join with you, but I support your ideals. Hopefully that changes before I move out of town. Best wishes again in the pursuit of your goals.
You are always welcome, we have yet to begin.

Thank you

Michael Fernández

So far, The Soccer stadium is definitely on the agenda, as well as the constant increase of property taxes and the effect the town budget has on property taxes.

If you may, please get in touch with me if you are interested in attending.  I want to make sure I have adequate seating.  It’s time to make a stand and do what you believe is the right thing.

Michael Fernández

Hi Micheal

I've been reading your posts and totally support your cause. If there is anything i can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will be stopping by to see you.

best of luck

Manny Ventoso Jr.

Help this worthy cause with a donation. Make checks Payable to: Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

Mail them to:

Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

P.O.Box 87

Please follow the disclosure instructions

Disclosure of Currency (Cash) Contributions in any Amount and Contributions Exceeding $300 from One Source; When a contribution is received in currency (cash) in any amount, or when a contribution is received in excess of $300 in the aggregate from one source during the calendar year. The contributor’s name and mailing address. If the contributor is an individual, the individual’s occupation as well as the name and mailing address of the individual’s employer must be disclosed. When reporting occupation information, a description of the contributor’s source of income must be provided, such as “florist,” “attorney,” “doctor,” “custodian,” or “electrician.” Descriptions such as “self-employed,” “owner,” or “sole proprietor” do not identify occupation and are insufficient. If the contributor does not have a source of livelihood, a description such as “retired,” “student,” or “none” shall be reported, but in all cases some written description shall be provided and the information shall not be left blank. When reporting the employer information, report the legal or trade name under which the employer does business. In the case in which a contributor’s source of income is his or her own business or corporation, the employer should be reported as the legal or trade name under which the contributor does business. For example, if Joe Smith owns his own plumbing business called “Smith’s Plumbing,” the name of the employer is “Smith’s Plumbing.” The employer’s mailing address is always the address from which the business is operated. For a contributor who does not earn a source of livelihood and for which a description such as “retired,” “student,” or “none” was entered for the occupation, no employer address is required.

Guest angry Taxpayer
Hi Micheal

I've been reading your posts and totally support your cause. If there is anything i can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will be stopping by to see you.

best of luck

Manny Ventoso Jr.

I will be happy tp support you and the PAC. One of the first objectives, I believe, is to begin to attend council meetings and demand to be heard. An "open public session" is a demand that should be non-negotiable. We should all be able to stand up and speak on any issue concerning the town and it residents. Every other town has an open session at their council meetings. WE ARE NOT 2nd. CLASS CITIZENS !!

Guest Guest
Can we discuss the conditions of the hallways in the Gardens at the meeting? B)

Your smart mouth comment is why Harrison is the way it is, someone has finally stepped up to the plate to help, and you turn it into a joke. In case you haven't notied the whole town is becoming a joke. If you can't come up with a productive idea then stay off this site. There are enough idiots in Harrison already that are running and ruining our town that need to be stopped. I suggest you take up your issues with the people who are in charge of the Gardens, that is what they are there for and leave the bigger problems to the people who really want to do something to help save Harrison.

A resident from the second ward writes:

WE NEED TO TRY TO MAKE A CHANGE IN THE COMMUNITY THAT WE LOVE.

NOT ONLY CHANGE FOR A BETTER COMMUNITY BUT CHANGE FOR THE EVERYDAY PEOPLE THAT LIVE AND DO BUSINESS HERE TO BE HEARD......AND RESPECTED.....

Thats why the Friends of Harrison P.A.C. was formed.

April 4th 7:30pm

31 Harrison Avenue

(use the lower entrance)

Archived