tenants meeting k/c/harrison gardens

Guest guest

Guest Guest

you really are shitting me. WHat the hell does bernice & mike have to do with the gardens being a better place. Go smoke your crack pipe and say somemore when you know what the hell your talking about.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest
It must be such a kick for Rodgers and Lucas to be evaluated on this site by people who weren't capable of getting enough education to buy a house and get out of subsidized housing.look at some of the public housing throughout the state .Then look at the gardens and the Kingsland Courts .Thanks to work of Tom Lucas they look more like Condo units than public housing.That's on the outside.Mike Rodgers is trying to take care of the problems on the inside.The sense of entitlement that is expressed by some of the tenants on this site is startling.No one owes you anything.The relatively meager rent you pay for your domicile entitles you to live by the conditions of your lease.everyone who lives there is entitled to fell safe, secure and to have a home without fear , filthand trespassers

obviously some people through no fault of their own have circumstances requiring the help of public agencies such as public housing.some other people though have made public housing a way of life and have no desire to better their situations.these people feels the system owes them something These are the people circumventing the rules.the same people are making life miserable for the people who follow the rules.

Finally iknow many people who were born and raised in the gardens and have moved on to goood carees and successful lives.I also know people who at the end of very productive lives have come back to the Harison Housing Authority to live out their years.I also know many families that are residents now trying to make a good life for themselves and their families.This is what the H.H.A. is for .I also know the drug addicts and malcontents is day to day existent totally disregards the rights of the people whoare dioing it the right way.

Well said. Hope Mike Rodgers is able to get rid of all the "live ins" who aren'on the lease and paying no rent; plus the drug addicts and the ones who don't follow the rules of the lease. They always seem to know how to make it difficult for Tom & Mike by threatening legal action against the Management

Guest Guest
It must be such a kick for Rodgers and Lucas to be evaluated on this site by people who weren't capable of getting enough education to buy a house and get out of subsidized housing.look at some of the public housing throughout the state .Then look at the gardens and the Kingsland Courts .Thanks to work of Tom Lucas they look more like Condo units than public housing.That's on the outside.Mike Rodgers is trying to take care of the problems on the inside.The sense of entitlement that is expressed by some of the tenants on this site is startling.No one owes you anything.The relatively meager rent you pay for your domicile entitles you to live by the conditions of your lease.everyone who lives there is entitled to fell safe, secure and to have a home without fear , filthand trespassers

obviously some people through no fault of their own have circumstances requiring the help of public agencies such as public housing.some other people though have made public housing a way of life and have no desire to better their situations.these people feels the system owes them something These are the people circumventing the rules.the same people are making life miserable for the people who follow the rules.

Finally iknow many people who were born and raised in the gardens and have moved on to goood carees and successful lives.I also know people who at the end of very productive lives have come back to the Harison Housing Authority to live out their years.I also know many families that are residents now trying to make a good life for themselves and their families.This is what the H.H.A. is for .I also know the drug addicts and malcontents is day to day existent totally disregards the rights of the people whoare dioing it the right way.

Thank you! I too appreciate where I live and it is a nice place to raise your kids, they have everything right here, the basketball courts, the playgrounds, the sprinklers, the summer programs, the tenants association, the girl scouts, the community room for the children. etc. the tenants association has had dances and holiday parties for these children and gave 100% effort for all the children.

If you take a look at the Grafton Ave projects, the Jersey City projects, etc. and then take a look at the HHA there is a huge difference, these grounds are well kept, maintained daily and as needed. As far as the addicts, they are not just here they are every where drug addiction is worldwide. These tenants are aware of the rules and if they decide not to follow them then they have to pay the price and as stated above we all can't be garbage because a few people are stuck on the wrong path, there are good families here and there are good people here trying to do the best they can, everyone has a different situation.

I give Tom and Mike a lot of credit, a lot of people think this is an easy job, there is so much to it and the energy people take to bash the place they should all turn their negative thoughts to positive action and help Mike keep it a nice safe place for these children to grow up.

Guest Guest
Thank you! I too appreciate where I live and it is a nice place to raise your kids, they have everything right here, the basketball courts, the playgrounds, the sprinklers, the summer programs, the tenants association, the girl scouts, the community room for the children. etc. the tenants association has had dances and holiday parties for these children and gave 100% effort for all the children.

If you take a  look at the Grafton Ave projects, the Jersey City projects, etc. and then take a look at the HHA there is a huge difference, these grounds are well kept, maintained daily and as needed. As far as the addicts, they are not just here they are every where drug addiction is worldwide. These tenants are aware of the rules and if they decide not to follow them then they have to pay the price and as stated above we all can't be garbage because a few people are stuck on the wrong path, there are good families here and there are good people here trying to do the best they can, everyone has a different situation.

I give Tom and Mike a lot of credit, a lot of people think this is an easy job, there is so much to it and the energy people take to bash the place they should all turn their negative thoughts to positive action and help Mike keep it a nice safe place for these children to grow up.

Amen, I live here also. The problem people are just a hand full. Consider there

are about 200 units here. Mike is doing his best to weed them out, it is not an

easy job. but it will get done.

Guest Guest
Amen, I live here also. The problem people are just a hand full. Consider there

are about 200 units here. Mike is doing his best to weed them out, it is not an

easy job. but it will get done.

Just a few groups of people give the Place a bad name. A few bad apples shouldn't spoil the whole bunch. There are good people that live in the Gardens, too bad they have to live with some others who act like white trash. I'm sure the job can not be an easy one, dealing with some of those people.

They should appreciate that they live there, I'm sure some other Housing places are much, much, worse than what we have in the Gardens.

They live there because they have to, not because they want to.

Rents are so high everywhere it is hard for a lot of people to make it.

Without the Housing, where would the people go, on the streets.

Make the best of it.

Guest Guest

they can all say what they want about the gardens. It is just a few that ruin it. I love it here. And as far as druggies, you can buy a house and have one right next door to you. They are all over.

When you don't pay taxes or utilities, sure... ITS A GREAT PLACE.

Damn Loathers!

Don't you worry cause the way things are going in this town you won't be able to pay them either, Ha Ha fill out your application now, there is a waiting list!! I may not pay property tax dumb-Shi^ but I do work hard and I do pay taxes.

Guest Guest
Don't you worry cause the way things are going in this town you won't be able to pay them either, Ha Ha fill out your application now, there is a waiting list!!  I may not pay property tax dumb-Shi^ but I do work hard and I do pay taxes.

NO I DONT LIVE IN HARRISON, I SMARTENED UP AND LEFT YEARS AGO.... LAZY

Guest guest
they can all say what they want about the gardens. It is just a few that ruin it. I love it here. And as far as druggies, you can buy a house and have one right next door to you. They are all over.

But they would be in a private house 'next store'; not in the 'same' hallway as the lease following tenant in the 6 apt. sections at the Gardens.(6 apt. w/2 apts. ea. fl; all connected by 1 hallway)

Guest Guest

If you take a  look at the Grafton Ave projects, the Jersey City projects, etc. and then take a look at the HHA there is a huge difference, these grounds are well kept, maintained daily and as needed. As far as the addicts, they are not just here they are every where drug addiction is worldwide. These tenants are aware of the rules and if they decide not to follow them then they have to pay the price and as stated above we all can't be garbage because a few people are stuck on the wrong path, there are good families here and there are good people here trying to do the best they can, everyone has a different situation.

wow nice comments *******, as if you don't cause problems herre too, the parties come from funding from the state dear not out of anyone's pocket!OKAY!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

If you were ever down on your luck I'm sure you'd be damn grateful to be put in a place like the gardens. Not all people have the luxury of owning their own home. The gardens may not be perfect and I'm sure there are drug addicts living there, but do you have a block of "perfect" neighbors? Can you be positive that none of them do drugs? I doubt it, so don't knock it.

Well said.  Hope Mike Rodgers is able to get rid of all the "live ins" who aren'on the lease and paying no rent; plus the drug addicts and the ones who don't follow the rules of the lease.  They always seem to know how to make it difficult for  Tom & Mike by threatening legal action against the Management

:P Are you on crack? You really have no clue as to what is going on in the trashy gardens. Put the pipe down, take a shower and take a bite out of reality. You'll need it. :P

Guest Guest

that's right we love it here. We all get along. So what you moved on to better things. We happen to get to go on great vacations because we don't have to pay taxes. We don't care that we don't own homes.

Guest MONEY
wow nice comments *******, as if you don't cause problems herre too, the parties come from funding from the state dear not out of anyone's pocket!OKAY!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

You see the money part doesn't really matter, what matters is there is things for the kids and there are people who are willing to be involved to make programs work, it is the people like you that put a damper on all the nice things that people do for these kids. Money isn't everything especially when you don't have it and you have to make do with what you have.

Guest Guest
that's right we love it here. We all get along. So what you moved on to better things. We happen to get to go on great vacations because we don't have to pay taxes. We don't care that we don't own homes.

where do you go on vacation? LBI?

Guest Guest
where do you go on vacation?  LBI?

cant you people get over mike and bernise.

they took care of your children and helped them grown up for 30 years and now theyre gone and it seems that you are so obsessed with them

speaking of gossip, you said that it went down once they moved out, well then what do you call this place?

Guest Guest

cant you people get over mike and bernise.

they took care of your children and helped them grown up for 30 years and now theyre gone and it seems that you are so obsessed with them

speaking of gossip, you said that it went down once they moved out, well then what do you call this place?

[/quote

this place is nothng as to what Miss snoop news had going on.She should write

a book.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Mike we have all the kids back in bldg 9. All the crap is back in the halls bikes carriages and garbage thrown all over. When is it ever going to end.

Guest Guest

ll you people in the Gardens, if you worried about your own problems like you worry about everyone elses you just might get a little happiness out of life. You people are pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

Guest guest

GO COMPLAIN TO THE OFFICE AND MAKE SURE SOMETHING IS DONE NOTHING IS SUPOSE TO BE IN THE HALLWAYS,LIKE,BIKES CARRIAGES OR ANYTHING ELSE AND MAKE SURE YOU SAY WHO IS DIRTING IN THE HALLWAYS $25.00MORE PER MONTH ON THERE RENT.CLEAN UP OR PAY UP.

Guest Former Gardens Resident
GO COMPLAIN TO THE OFFICE AND MAKE SURE SOMETHING IS DONE NOTHING IS SUPOSE TO BE IN THE HALLWAYS,LIKE,BIKES CARRIAGES OR ANYTHING ELSE AND MAKE SURE YOU SAY WHO IS DIRTING IN THE HALLWAYS $25.00MORE PER MONTH ON THERE RENT.CLEAN UP OR PAY UP.

I grew up in the Gardens (many years ago). Nothing was stored in the hallways and all the residents cleaned the hallways with soap and water once a week. We all took pride in keeping them spotless. Obviously there's a different class of people living there now.

Guest Guest

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING THE WHINING COMING FROM THE HARRISON GARDENS. EVERY TENANT HAS ALOT OF BALLS WHEN THEY CAN B**ch ON A WEBSITE THAT GIVES THEM A CHNCE TO HIDE. NO ONE DOWN THERE EVER TAKES A STAND AGAINST THE POWER IN THE TOWN BECAUSE OF FEAR OF GETTING KICKED OUT. IF YOU CAN'T STAND UP FOR YOUR SELF LIVE AND IN PERSON THEN STOP WHINING. THERE'S MORE TO THIS TOWN THAN THE HARRISON GARDENS BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW IT BY LOOKING AT THIS SITE. GRAB A BROOM AND SWEEP THE FRIGGIN HALLS.

Archived