A rainy night in Georgia

Guest 2smartr4u

:ninja: its easy to blow off about real "BLESSINGS FROM GOD" but after going through some hard times when only asking god to help and seeing his hand work i will never see why any of you bothering to wake up in the morning!! why? you have nothing to live for do you? what is life? what is spirit? next time you get in trouble DO NOT SAY GOD HELP ME! do not wast his time when you turn your back on him!thank god I'm in the south where real true god loving folk are! :ninja:

75151[/snapback]

You probably wrote that while simultaneously tying a noose.

:ninja: its easy to blow off about real "BLESSINGS FROM GOD" but after going through some hard times when only asking god to help and seeing his hand work i will never see why any of you bothering to wake up in the morning!! why? you have nothing to live for do you? what is life? what is spirit? next time you get in trouble DO NOT SAY GOD HELP ME! do not wast his time when you turn your back on him!thank god I'm in the south where real true god loving folk are! :ninja:

75151[/snapback]

Fartie, me boy,

A person's ability to find meaning in life isn't limited by your inability to understand it. That's your limitation, not ours.

One man's blindness doesn't mean that no one can see.

You know, if I were God I'd be pissed that people like you make Me seem like such a jerk. Do you really think that your comment does anything but drive people further away from your view? When I'm in trouble I don't "say God help me." I stop, reflect on why I'm in trouble, and get myself out of it. It is called taking responsibility for my actions. You should try it sometime.

75247[/snapback]

I am proud to say that I am in the North and I do believe. When I do need help I do look to God and not Paul for counseling. In this forum, Paul thinks he has all the answers, except when something personally happens to him. Then we will really see who he turns too. Although he will never mention it here.

I am proud to say that I am in the North and I do believe.

I'm glad you're at peace with your irrationality.

When I do need help I do look to God and not Paul for counseling.

Um, no one's asked you to do the latter. Kind of a non-sequitur, don't you think?

In this forum, Paul thinks he has all the answers, except when something personally happens to him.

1. Maybe it just seems that way because every time he asks someone else for answers, they tend to make personal comments about him instead.

2. How do you know what has or hasn't happened to him? How presumptuous.

Then we will really see who he turns too.

"To!"

Also, this is just more of the same tired tripe your kind pushes around: variants of "he'll believe when things are bad." No. You might not know what it's like to not rely on belief in a deity to get through rough times, but many, many people do. An atheist will not magically poof into a believer the moment something bad happens--this is just wishful thinking on your part, and/or the delusion that atheists are all actually theists "deep down."

Although he will never mention it here.

75345[/snapback]

Possibly because it's something you're just projecting onto him?

To answer your questions:

People were waking up in the morning long before anyone conceived of a god or gods.

We have plenty to live for. Whatever inspires us or drives us.

Life is what we all experience.

Spirit is the sense we have of being connected to others or to the world/universe. The spiritual life is vital and keenly alive, in which we are made whole by an appreciation that we are part of one great reality.

It is not necessary to claim an answer to what that reality is like. In fact, your palpable anger illustrates how misguided those claims are.

75202[/snapback]

It's so simple, but so true! Why can't people just be satisfied with the lives we have, live them to the fullest and let the mysteries be?

I am proud to say that I am in the North and I do believe. When I do need help I do look to God and not Paul for counseling. In this forum, Paul thinks he has all the answers, except when something personally happens to him.  Then we will really see who he turns too.  Although he will never mention it here.

75345[/snapback]

Obviously Paul has gotten inside your head, or you wouldn't be writing that. Do you realize you just compared him to God? He must have made some impact on you.

I've never once seen Paul suggest that you should listen to him just because he's the one saying something. He's asking you to look at the facts, think and reason. Are you opposed to that?

It's so simple, but so true! Why can't people just be satisfied with the lives we have, live them to the fullest and let the mysteries be?

75643[/snapback]

I'd rather try to unravel the mysteries--the more we know, the better off we are, after all. I agree with the rest of the post though, which reminds me once again of this quote:

"...to emphasize the afterlife is to deny life. To concentrate on Heaven is to create hell. In their desperate longing to transcend the disorderliness, friction, and unpredictability that pesters life; in their desire for a fresh start in a tidy habitat, germ-free and secured by angels, religious multitudes are gambling the only life they may ever have on a dark horse in a race that has no finish line." --Tom Robbins