Best Athletes in Harrsion

Guest morgan

Guest Trouble Brewing

You guys forgot to mention the Krusznis Boys on this list and RED'S Looking to kick someone's ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Also Lucas is no Meola!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest
You guys forgot to mention the Krusznis Boys on this list and RED'S Looking to kick someone's ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL    Also Lucas is no Meola!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not the Critic who Counts

It is not the critic who counts,

not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,

or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena;

whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood;

who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again;

who knows the great enthusiasms,

the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course;

who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,

and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly;

so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls

who know neither victory or defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Guest Guest
What ever happened to the Harrison High School Hall of Fame?

Okay.....because you play a sport does not make you a Hall of Famer!

Only athletes that get drafted or won awards of merit or were awarded a title as team might qualify.

Coach Shields was an Olympian there for.........he definately stood out by being well above average in skill and acheivement.

Ray Lucas because he is one of our few (if any ever..athletes to become a professional athlete) and he is well known and was successful in football above and beyond a local level.

You can consider someone who has devoted time to nuture the youth programs for decades like that guy Benny who ran the Little League for decades without any vested interest. That is dedication above and beyond in promoting youth atheleticism.

Did any cheerleaders win a national title?

Soccer teams win a state championship?

You might find an individual player who contributed to a state title or you can nominate an entire team as a team.

Did Kevin Barber even go to Harrison High?

He did play baseball in college......with Rick Cerone!

Do we have any runners? Cross country? Track?

Do we have any wrestlers?

Being an all around good athlete does not even make you a legend.

Guest Guest
What ever happened to the Harrison High School Hall of Fame?

Okay.....because you play a sport does not make you a Hall of Famer!

Only athletes that get drafted or won awards of merit or were awarded a title as team might qualify.

Coach Shields was an Olympian there for.........he definately stood out by being well above average in skill and acheivement.

Ray Lucas because he is one of our few (if any ever..athletes to become a professional athlete) and he is well known and was successful in football above and beyond a local level.

You can consider someone who has devoted time to nuture the youth programs for decades like that guy Benny who ran the Little League for decades without any vested interest. That is dedication above and beyond in promoting youth atheleticism.

Did any cheerleaders win a national title?

Soccer teams win a state championship?

You might find an individual player who contributed to a state title or you can nominate an entire team as a team.

Did Kevin Barber even go to Harrison High?

He did play baseball in college......with Rick Cerone!

Do we have any runners? Cross country? Track?

Do we have any wrestlers?

Being an all around good athlete does not even make you a legend.

Guest Hall of Shame

The majority of the names on these lists belong in the hall of shame or fluffheads which ever is closer. lots of c*ke in this bunch.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Alot of You forgot that alot of Harrison High Best atheletes were from East Newark. Soccer Caan Bradley,Peter Bradley Bunny Cooper,Dave Calaghan,Larry Osborne.Football 1980's Bobby French,Charley Lazar,Tony mascellino,Mickey Rowe,Miguel Gonzalez,Ray Sudol,Tommy Corblies,Danny Choffo.There are a few Iam sure I forgot

Guest Guest_Sammy_*
Alot of You forgot that alot of Harrison High Best atheletes were from East Newark. Soccer Caan Bradley,Peter Bradley Bunny Cooper,Dave Calaghan,Larry Osborne.Football 1980's Bobby French,Charley Lazar,Tony mascellino,Mickey Rowe,Miguel Gonzalez,Ray Sudol,Tommy Corblies,Danny Choffo.There are a few Iam sure I forgot

WE'LL, MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE GONE TO EAST NEAWARK HIGH, AND BEEN BETTER... YOU MAY BE THINKING OF ATHLETES WHO DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE............

seak kiernan, brian gilmore, milton menendez??? what about these guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You guys forgot to mention the Krusznis Boys on this list and RED'S Looking to kick someone's ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL    Also Lucas is no Meola!!!!!!!!!!!!

30146[/snapback]

Didn't one of them make all state? Their Old man was a really good Soccer player too, my dad used to talk about Yaki like he was a pro on the soccer field.

• 2 years later...
It is easy to get a job in Harrison (whether teaching or coaching) when you family runs the show. Go out in the real world and prove that you can make it on your own. There is the easy way to do things (i.e. let your family get you a job) and there is the hard way. Going out, paying your dues, and proving to people who do not give you the benefit of the doubt. There is no way that she would have gotten a varsity men's basketball coaching job anywhere else in NJ. It simply would not have happened. I think she is a good kid. But, I am disappointed that she took the easy way out. You can't make a difference in Harrison. The town is dead. Take a good look at the students and you will see that most of them will amount to nothing. That is why the state is about to take over. It is a shame but it is true.

Keep giving teaching jobs to family members and eventually the system will come crashing down. It is and has always been a recipe for disaster. In the last ten years, how many J.D., MBA., PHD, and/or graduate students have graduated from HHS. I would guess less than two percent. I am not talking about getting some bullshit masters degree in teaching from Jersey City State. I am talking about an advanced degree. I would like to see the statistics on that.

Hey dirtbag, I gradated from HHS and have a Masters in Organizational Leadership. I know a friend who graduated from Fordham and then Rutgers with a JD. Give U just 1 more, how about a COE of DuestcheBank?

More then enough talent in Harrison

Hey dirtbag, I gradated from HHS and have a Masters in Organizational Leadership. I know a friend who graduated from Fordham and then Rutgers with a JD. Give U just 1 more, how about a COE of DuestcheBank?

More then enough talent in Harrison

You, are so right. Harrison holds it's own in the outside world. Most people are not aware of the Harrison graduates at all levels in business, the Medical fields etc. These graduates are not the rock stars or sports stars that so many consider the mark of a great high school.

As I have stated before. Putting Mr. Doran in charge of the schools is the best move made in Harrison recently. I'm sure that many people do not agree with that statement. The proof will be in the better schools that will evolve.

Mr. Doran has the education and most of all he has the heart and concern which are needed to do the job. As, I have asked before. Please give him the support and time to do the job properly. I'm sure that most of you will be pleased.

Eagle

You, are so right. Harrison holds it's own in the outside world. Most people are not aware of the Harrison graduates at all levels in business, the Medical fields etc. These graduates are not the rock stars or sports stars that so many consider the mark of a great high school.

As I have stated before. Putting Mr. Doran in charge of the schools is the best move made in Harrison recently. I'm sure that many people do not agree with that statement. The proof will be in the better schools that will evolve.

Mr. Doran has the education and most of all he has the heart and concern which are needed to do the job. As, I have asked before. Please give him the support and time to do the job properly. I'm sure that most of you will be pleased.

Eagle

Heart? Are you kidding me? Doran said show me the $$ (money) and I'll come. $225,000. No one is worth this amount especially in an Abbott District. Shame on you all who advocate this and endorse this sad sad statement.

Falcon

Eagle

I agree, Jim Doran is the best we have seen in a while. A long while in the Superintendent's office. Talking about good athletes Joe Jones the Quarterback from the 60's was as good if not better than any other that ever played for Harrison!

Guest BlueTideBacker
seak kiernan, brian gilmore, milton menendez??? what about these guys

Great players from my era: Joe Riley, Joe Jones, Ed Tuck (Miami Dolphins), Gary Vogt, Al Zulewski. Three of my high school years we lost a total of 3 games

Great players from my era: Joe Riley, Joe Jones, Ed Tuck (Miami Dolphins), Gary Vogt, Al Zulewski. Three of my high school years we lost a total of 3 games
Can you name some of the teams that "Your Era" played? I'm sure that it was nothing like the weak schedule that blows Harrison out these days. I attended every game this season and it makes me sick to see what has developed over the years. Players are there, the coaching is not! I think that the difference is in the coaching.

• 2 months later...
It is easy to get a job in Harrison (whether teaching or coaching) when you family runs the show. Go out in the real world and prove that you can make it on your own. There is the easy way to do things (i.e. let your family get you a job) and there is the hard way. Going out, paying your dues, and proving to people who do not give you the benefit of the doubt. There is no way that she would have gotten a varsity men's basketball coaching job anywhere else in NJ. It simply would not have happened. I think she is a good kid. But, I am disappointed that she took the easy way out. You can't make a difference in Harrison. The town is dead. Take a good look at the students and you will see that most of them will amount to nothing. That is why the state is about to take over. It is a shame but it is true.

Keep giving teaching jobs to family members and eventually the system will come crashing down. It is and has always been a recipe for disaster. In the last ten years, how many J.D., MBA., PHD, and/or graduate students have graduated from HHS. I would guess less than two percent. I am not talking about getting some bullshit masters degree in teaching from Jersey City State. I am talking about an advanced degree. I would like to see the statistics on that.

Im a student currently in the school system. not only am i learning excellently but also am being taught by highly educated teachers. Most of the graduating classes have gone on to become successful people in their choice of work. Dont blame something entirely on the political view of things. The harrison schools are actually very good at grades and scoring on their state exams becuase i would know my class recieved one of the highest marks in school history. Please get your facts straight before you come on here to say things like that. Alot of people (teachers, students etc..) would be greatly offended by the matter in which you chose to write about.

Im a student currently in the school system. not only am i learning excellently but also am being taught by highly educated teachers. Most of the graduating classes have gone on to become successful people in their choice of work. Dont blame something entirely on the political view of things. The harrison schools are actually very good at grades and scoring on their state exams becuase i would know my class recieved one of the highest marks in school history. Please get your facts straight before you come on here to say things like that. Alot of people (teachers, students etc..) would be greatly offended by the matter in which you chose to write about.

'Nuff said. Perfect example of the the results produced by Nepotism Wonderland.