Bar Crawl

Guest Guest

Time to try to remember the bars of yore. Starting at the Gardens to 4th St there were Zawalicks, Lions Den, Jackson's, End Zone, Wanda's, Manor House, Manor Bar, Spur, Mickey's (later the Sherwood), Hibbo's, Carbones, Cifelli's. Some one pick it up from here.

Time to try to remember the bars of yore. Starting at the Gardens to 4th St there were Zawalicks, Lions Den, Jackson's, End Zone, Wanda's, Manor House, Manor Bar, Spur, Mickey's (later the Sherwood), Hibbo's, Carbones, Cifelli's. Some one pick it up from here.

the old Kazbar, Max's bar and grill

Pete's Tavern William & North 2nd

Rolands (sp) Thrid & Cleveland

Joe Carrs (I think) on Third between Harrison Ave & Cleveland (AKA Joes Carr Kiddie Bar)

Rickshaw on Third

Polish National Home North 2nd & Cleveland

Kowolski North 2nd & Hamilton

Polinika (sp) Third & Cross

Dew Drop Inn Third & Willam

Ernies Hideaway Washington & Warren

Dunphy's 4th & Cross

Camelot 3rd Street

Yates 4th Street

Dombrowski's Cleveland & River Road

Europa 4th & ???

Kelly's Tavern John Street

There were two on Hamilton & John can't remember the names

Jackson Auditorium Harrison Ave

Woody's Street ???

Was it the 201 Club across from Carbone's Pizzza?

how about the ship ahoy tavern on 4th and hamilton street,and the other tavern on 2nd and hamilton street,and how about the moose hall on harrison ave.

The Key Hole on 1st street

Wood's Tavern. ( we went there at half time of football or soccer games)

Odd Couple Lounge

Stash and Teddy's

Sydney's

Library Tavern (Now Fluffhead's)

Friend's on Patterson Street

Lycuem R.I.P> Gene

The Twin Tree's

CJ's

The Elks

The Kof C Hall

East Newark Taverns

Pat's Tavern

PJ's Tavern

Dwyer's >>>> a blast from the past for the Old Timer's!

My Place Tavern

kay&jeans was the name of the tavern on 2nd and hamilton street.twintrees,rolands tavern.the lighthouse on cross and third street,the cameo lounge on third street.

Guest Another ExBlueTider
how about the ship ahoy tavern on 4th and hamilton street,and the other tavern on 2nd and hamilton street,and how about the moose hall on harrison ave.

On the other end of town; Gaffney's on John & William, Mortise's on Grant, Royal Palm's ?? on 3rd & Central. MouseTrap on Davis Ave in Kearny, just past the park.

Guest Showing my age
On the other end of town;  Gaffney's on John & William, Mortise's on Grant, Royal Palm's ?? on 3rd & Central. MouseTrap on Davis Ave in Kearny, just past the park.

Anybody else remember Philly Krug's on Grant Ave., Al's which later became Hank & Ted's on 4th (FER Blvd.) or Leroy & Joe's at the end of Harrison Ave by 280? Great neighborhood joints!

Zalewski's Bar (John & William)

JoJo's Pennsy Tavern, Leroy & Joe's (Harrison Ave)

Frank's Bar (7th St)

Silver Dollar, Atha, Packey's, Iris' Lounge, Steins 501, Frank & Ted's, Wierdo's, Johnny K's, (4th St)

Molly's (Cross St)

Knotty Pine Inn (Warren St)

On the other end of town;  Gaffney's on John & William, Mortise's on Grant, Royal Palm's ?? on 3rd & Central. MouseTrap on Davis Ave in Kearny, just past the park.

The real name of the MouseTrap was the Park View Inn. They had coins nailed to the floor there.

Pete's Tavern William & North 2nd

Rolands (sp) Thrid & Cleveland

Joe Carrs (I think) on Third between Harrison Ave & Cleveland (AKA Joes Carr Kiddie Bar)

Rickshaw on Third

Polish National Home North 2nd & Cleveland

Kowolski North 2nd & Hamilton

Polinika (sp) Third & Cross

Dew Drop Inn Third & Willam

Ernies Hideaway Washington & Warren

Dunphy's 4th & Cross

Camelot 3rd Street

Yates 4th Street

Dombrowski's Cleveland & River Road

Europa 4th & ???

Kelly's Tavern John Street

There were two on Hamilton & John can't remember the names

Jackson Auditorium Harrison Ave

Woody's Street ???

Was it the 201 Club across from Carbone's Pizzza?

No wonder y the town is full of drunks :)

No wonder y the town is full of drunks  :)

the PAC (Polish American Club) on Patterson Street, Dombrowski's on Passiac and Hamilton, the Camalot Lounge on Third, as well as the polonaise next to Catrabones Pizza also on Third, the Capri on Third and central.

Also, Van Keuren Hardwear and Lumber on Passaic which became Sanmarcos Gangplank, then the Captians Galley, then the Amusement park, then the Cristy M.

Also Grahams Tavern on Passaic and reynolds

No wonder y the town is full of drunks  :)

Mr. Guest,

Some of us actually earned some extra money by shining shoes and bars were the place to do it.

If this question had been, How mant restaurants or diners or deli's can you name would your comment be, No wonder there are so many fat people in Harrison.

If you are born and raised somewhere you take notice of everything around you.

Your post just shows hoe ignorant people can be

Mr. Guest,

Some of us actually earned some extra money by shining shoes and bars were the place to do it.

If this question had been, How mant restaurants or diners or deli's can you name would your comment be, No wonder there are so many fat people in Harrison.

If you are born and raised somewhere you take notice of everything around you.

Your post just shows hoe ignorant people can be

Ok pal , u must of been drunk when u wrote this post ,check your spelling next time , and it sounds like your a fat drunk from town :o:)

4th Street from the bridge toward Harrison Ave.....Shaefers, The Arrow,Capt. Jacks, 601 Bar, Steins, the Hawaian Palms, Butlers, M&M's, Ship Ahoy, Piccolos.

Also the cleaning store, Taft's ,on the corner of 4th & Central, Silks Drug store (same location). There were really too many bars , but the sorry part is we remember too many bars.

Colony Bar on Third and Sussex

Oh Henry's ( later Parrot Bar) on Second and RR Ave

Adeline's on Hamilton and Patterson

211 Club on N. Third St

Frank and Judy's on Searing Ave

Leo's Bar on Harrison and Passaic

CJ's on Harrison Ave

Guest Nuttynana
Ok pal , u must of been drunk when u wrote this post ,check your spelling next time , and it sounds like your a fat drunk from town  B)  B)

Why don't You take a good look in the Mirror, You will see one miserable Person.....If You can't allow people to bring up their memories from the past without Your Nasty remarks , don't say anything....You must have had a miserable life and don't have any good memories.....OK PEOPLE, I should have ignore This but I did not but for any future ignorant remarks let's just pay no attention and if we are lucky they will go AWAY......Keep Your memories coming, Its Great.....

Why don't You take a good look in the Mirror,  You will see one miserable Person.....If You can't allow people to bring up their memories from the past without Your Nasty remarks , don't say anything....You must have had a miserable life and don't have any good memories.....OK PEOPLE, I should have ignore This but I did not but for any future ignorant remarks let's just pay no attention and if we are lucky they will go AWAY......Keep Your memories coming, Its Great.....

do you remenber that Harrison make the Guiness Book in that we had the

most bars in the smallest place.

Guest Another ExBlueTider
Why don't You take a good look in the Mirror,  You will see one miserable Person.....If You can't allow people to bring up their memories from the past without Your Nasty remarks , don't say anything....You must have had a miserable life and don't have any good memories.....OK PEOPLE, I should have ignore This but I did not but for any future ignorant remarks let's just pay no attention and if we are lucky they will go AWAY......Keep Your memories coming, Its Great.....

Somebody refresh my memory. On 3rd between Cleveland and Harrison, I think it's the Brazilian restaurant now. Does anyone remember the name of the night club that was there and do you remember when The Four Seasons played there ( at that time they were known as the Four Lovers.

Guest Guest_smokey_*

what about bills on 7th st between ann and jersey

Somebody refresh my memory. On 3rd between Cleveland and Harrison, I think it's the Brazilian restaurant now. Does anyone remember the name of the night club that was there and do you remember when The Four Seasons played there ( at that time they were known as the Four Lovers.

could that be De Jay"s there was one in Belmar too.

I'm not too sure but it may have been D'Jais

• 3 months later...

Archived