the parade

Guest halloween witch

IT ALL STARTS AT HOME! YOU HAVE TO TEACH THEM RESPECT, MANNERS AND MOST IMPORTANLY YOU NEED TO LOVE THEM. YOU BRING THEM INTO THIS WORLD DO YOUR JOB AND BE A PARENT!

71989[/snapback]

I agree with You , but unfortunatly a lot of these Kids are doing things and the Parent does not know about it, So when they get into trouble the Cops should pick them up and ticket them then call the Parents to pick them up and let them know the reason, No I am not saying the Cops need to be baby sitters and We do need More Cops , hopefully when this new bunch get in that will be top priority, To higher more Cops....the kids do not even have respect for them...The kids today are nothing but a bunch of punks....

IT ALL STARTS AT HOME! YOU HAVE TO TEACH THEM RESPECT, MANNERS AND MOST IMPORTANLY YOU NEED TO LOVE THEM. YOU BRING THEM INTO THIS WORLD DO YOUR JOB AND BE A PARENT!

71989[/snapback]

Amen.

Guest harrison parent
Dear Exbluetider, thank you for kind words but I believe the parade happened for reasons other than my suggestion. I'm just grateful  it happened and that the people came out to be a part of it. I have to say something about the kids of this town. Never in all of my years in this town have the kids (old and young) been so grateful, respectful, and just down right pleasant. I see the post of the kids fighting but I didn't experience any negativity that night. It was wonderful. Kudos to the parents who are doing a great job raising their kids to be kind and respectful. Every teen  and younger child that came to my home was more polite than the last. Parents who accompanied their children and wouldn't walk away until they heard the child say thank you (even though they had and the parent just didn't hear it) were simply a breath of fresh air. Not a once of negativity was present that night. Thank you to whomever was responsible for  organizing the rebirth of the annual Halloween Parade.

Sincerely,

Mary Hoey

ps / you were right about the karma.

71758[/snapback]

I recall last year we had a mini parade, this year we had a mini march. At the end of this march if you were there Councilman Victor Vilalta said, “next year we will have the parade”. I believe, this year the Halloween event did not take place “over night”. My thanks to Joe Bubanus & Staff of Recreation Coordinator & Councilman Victor Vilalta for a job well done!

No you see I do have kids and I am doing the best I can to raise them right and teach them right from wrong, the problem is they can't go to the park or walk to a store on Harrison Ave becasue of these gangs and all the fighting that is going on, not to mention children getting robbed of their phones and ipods, it is going to be a matter of time before the gun goes off and an innocent child gets hurt or killed.

What I am saying is these parents have to be responsible and and these kids need a tougher punishment and not a slap on the wrist.  The slap on the wrist lasts two days and they are out in the street doing it again, they need to be scared straight and taught that when you do the crime you are going to do time.

71988[/snapback]

okay then start by taking back your town from these thugs. demand more police protection. demand more officers be hired. build your police dept. let them know and the judge that you want your town back. demand the judge crack down on these thugs and their family. hold your justice system locally responsible. demand that the police leadership be handled by the state a non bias party who will properly deploy his men and stand behind them. this lack of protection stems from lack of respect for the current police dept. apparently, it's upheld by family connections and political debt. where is the funding to provide these types of services? certainly not in the police dept. within one square mile this dept was highly regarded. now it's the joke of hudson county. it's a slap in the face when their assistance is needed and your told due to lack of manpower eventually you''ll have someone respond to you. what kind of system is this? this is how you combat crime? where are your priorities? where is the dignity? it's disgusting to see everything downplayed so no waves of change are started.

these are things that are kept out of those letters! where are the coucilmen to prove this wrong? you want to blame someone blame them. ;)

I recall last year we had a mini parade, this year we had a mini march.  At the end of this march if you were there Councilman Victor Vilalta said, “next year we will have the parade”.  I believe, this year the Halloween event did not take place “over night”.  My thanks to Joe Bubanus & Staff of Recreation Coordinator & Councilman Victor Vilalta for a job well done!

72088[/snapback]

If this years parade was announced in March, that would mean the town officials had seven months or better to plan. Could have done better with that time frame. Was under the impression was last minuet. :o

Guest Guest_justme_*
If this years parade was announced in March, that would mean the town officials had seven months or better to plan. Could have done better with that time frame. Was under the impression was last minuet. :(

72170[/snapback]

The parade would have been fine if it had ended up in Library Park with a party. As it was, everyone headed back to Library Park thinking that there WAS a party, just to find it locked. The kids were getting stepped on in the crowd and we all ended up getting pushed up toward the steps of the Library where nobody could hear what was being said. The comment that I heard over and over was that people thought the party in Library Park was lame until we got there and there was NO party. Nice of the town to do SOMETHING, but it needs to be smoothed out.

get a life,at least they tried to do something positive for the kids. yes it was a little unorganized but they pulled it off. they will learn from the mistakes this year and make it better for the parade next year. have a nice day assh**e.

71578[/snapback]

yeah right, it was all for the kids...PATHETIC LOSER IN DENIAL

WAS IT THE TOWNS TENT & CHAIRS? IF NOT WAS IT RENTED? DO YOU KNOW WHO PAID FOR IT IF RENTED? GET A LIFE!!!

71965[/snapback]

Are you for real???/And I gues it was not the town's fire truck there and the firemen just prading around...guess they were there in "case " someone fainted!!!

guess it was 'nt the cops there too who were ordered to be there( yes I have a scanner too ) so that a nice show can be put on...

come on now I pay taxes...cops and firemen just there to be there?

firemen and an ambulance at the school on Sunday for the pee wee games ...ALL DAY......funny I did not hear a call for them on my scanner to come down cause a kid was hurt did u? they were there all dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

WHY

The parade would have been fine if it had ended up in Library Park with a party. As it was, everyone headed back to Library Park thinking that there WAS a party, just to find it locked. The kids were getting stepped on in the crowd and we all ended up getting pushed up toward the steps of the Library where nobody could hear what was being said. The comment that I heard over and over was that people thought the party in Library Park was lame until we got there and there was NO party. Nice of the town to do SOMETHING, but it needs to be smoothed out.

72272[/snapback]

[/q

God forbid you have it in the parking lot of Holy Cross School then all the kids head into the Community hall where Joe B showboats...morons

No you see I do have kids and I am doing the best I can to raise them right and teach them right from wrong, the problem is they can't go to the park or walk to a store on Harrison Ave becasue of these gangs and all the fighting that is going on, not to mention children getting robbed of their phones and ipods, it is going to be a matter of time before the gun goes off and an innocent child gets hurt or killed.

What I am saying is these parents have to be responsible and and these kids need a tougher punishment and not a slap on the wrist.  The slap on the wrist lasts two days and they are out in the street doing it again, they need to be scared straight and taught that when you do the crime you are going to do time.

71988[/snapback]

Let it burn let it all burn...then you will see

okay then start by taking back your town from these thugs. demand more police protection. demand more officers be hired. build your police dept. let them know and the judge that you want your town back. demand the judge crack down on these thugs and their family. hold your justice system locally responsible. demand that the police leadership be handled by the state a non bias party who will properly deploy his men and stand behind them. this lack of protection stems from lack of respect for the current police dept. apparently, it's upheld by family connections and political debt. where is the funding to provide these types of services? certainly not in the police dept. within one square mile this dept was highly regarded. now it's the joke of hudson county. it's a slap in the face when their assistance is needed and your told due to lack of manpower eventually you''ll have someone respond to you. what kind of system is this? this is how you combat crime? where are your priorities? where is the dignity? it's disgusting to see everything downplayed so no waves of change are started.

these are things that are kept out of those letters! where are the coucilmen to prove this wrong? you want to blame someone blame them.  :)

72090[/snapback]

nicely said! bravo.................