Kearny Rec Department

Guest Hockey Parent

Guest Knucklehead
You, my friend are a knucklehead!! First of all, I'm not complaining, I am responding to your foolish statements. Why can't we have it both ways, kids staying active and fields in good condition? I'll tell you why, because people don't do their jobs!!!!! There is no maintenance on any of these fields!! Oh, maybe some top soil and seeding in the spring, but other than that just hope for rain and cut the weeds!!!!!!!!!!!  I understand that if fields are overused they have to be rested, but that is not the case. They are not given the proper attention. PERIOD!!!!!!!!! As for permits, they're a bunch of crap. They have only been in effect for the last few years, and up until than there were no such thing as permits to use the fields. The fields were used much more back than, with more teams in existance and the condition is worse now than they were back than!!! As for being a disgrace, they ARE!!! Take a ride to other Townships and check out their facilities, there is no comparison. Again, I am honest and tell it like it is, not all Townships, but Kearny's fields are by far inferior to most. Now I am talking about all the fields, baseball, which is the worst, (Sandy Juliano must be turning over in his grave), soccer, football and softball. Not just the condition of the grass, but the whole ball of wax. The fencing around these fields are not only poor, but dangerous. (these fences around fields at Gunnell Oval have been there forever, 40 years that I know of, without replacement) The backstops are the worst!!!!!!!! The infields are like abandoned lots to play a pick up game on. I could go on and on, but it's not worth it, because some other clown like you will only have another stupid remark to make.  Oh, before I forget to tell you, you really scored points with me when you advised me to contact the Rec. Dept!!  NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your really going to say that the main soccer field in the Oval is worse now then it was before, it use to be dirt. As far as other towns having much better fields please name them for me. And as far as maintenance is concerned, maybe the town should hire some people. And what is wrong with the back stops? They are all new. And if you are refering the present condition of these fields keep in mind that it's winter time and they will tend to look poor now. You know your the kind of guy/gal that never has anything good to say. count your blessings at least you have fields to play on.

PS. I will agree the fences are in bad shape. Hey! don't forget to let me know the towns with the beautiful grass covered fields.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean like the person who started this thread by b!tching about stupid $hit?

Hey d***bag, tell me how my original post is considered stupid sh!t compared to the other a$$wipe bitching about the lights being on and the rink being open.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Hey d***bag, tell me how my original post is considered stupid sh!t compared to the other a$$wipe bitching about the lights being on and the rink being open.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

It doesn't need to be compared to any other post to be considered stupid shit. It can stand on its own as stupid shit.

Somebody already told you why shovels should not be used on the surface down there. There is a dispute about the construction of the surface and they do not wish to disturb it until that issue is resolved.

But if you feel like continuing to ignore that, be my guest.

Guest Hockey Parent
It doesn't need to be compared to any other post to be considered stupid shit.  It can stand on its own as stupid shit.

Somebody already told you why shovels should not be used on the surface down there.  There is a dispute about the construction of the surface and they do not wish to disturb it until that issue is resolved.

But if you feel like continuing to ignore that, be my guest.

It seems that you are the one ignoring the fact that plastic shovels are allowed to be used on the surface. The rink went 3 weeks without anything being done. If they shoveled it a little bit a day, it would have been able to be opened in a week. I also see that you have ignored the fact that they were throwing salt on top of 6 inches of snow instead of plowing the parking lot.

Here I am posting about things not being taken care of by the town and there you are b!tching about the lights being on and the rink being opened for play. I think it's clear who's posting about stupid sh!t and that person is ............YOU !

Guest wrong again
Your really going to say that the main soccer field in the Oval is worse now then it was before, it use to be dirt. As far as other towns having much better fields please name them for me. And as far as maintenance is concerned, maybe the town should hire some people. And what is wrong with the back stops? They are all new. And if you are refering the present condition of these fields keep in mind that it's winter time and they will tend to look poor now. You know your the kind of guy/gal that never has anything good to say. count your blessings at least you have fields to play on.

PS. I will agree the fences are in bad shape. Hey! don't forget to let me know the towns with the beautiful grass covered fields.

I knew I was right the first time. YOU ARE A UNKNOWING KNUCKLEHEAD!!!! You are not worth it to keep responding to, because it is obvious you do not know much. If you think the main soccer field at the Oval has grass on it, that explains everthing and why you think the other fields are also acceptable.

1- You are a very SHELTERED person, because it is obvious you do not venture out of Kearny to see for yourself other fields. I will take digital photos of every field which is FAR SUPERIOR to Kearny's, (not just a little better), because there would be too many. Than I will post a message back here for you. I will leave a contact number for you to reach me. Than I will personally show you the pictures. Than for every field I show, you must EAT THE PICTURE!!!!!!

2- Go check the backstops. Do not write something if you don't know what your talking about!!!!! I don't mind opinions, but when you say something that is wrong, yet is so easy to check, that confirms to me you don't get out much!!!

I'll save you a few trips. Girls softball field at the Oval, (not bad, but not too old either. Softball field on Belgrove Dr. Vets Field (new ,1 year old) Installed when bleachers were renovated. Now , get back to me on the rest!!!

3- I would not talk about the condition of the fields in Winter, stupid!!! I'm talking about them IN PRIMETIME!!!!

4- And what did you say??? Count my blessings. Let me tell you something. For the taxes that are paid in Kearny you feel we are lucky to have these fields. You are F*ck*d UP!!!! These fields have been around for a long time!! All I say is MAINTAIN them. If your job is to maintain them, DO IT!!! Have some pride for yourself and your Town.

I knew I was right the first time. YOU ARE A UNKNOWING KNUCKLEHEAD!!!! You are not worth it to keep responding to, because it is obvious you do not know much. If you think the main soccer field at the Oval has grass on it, that explains everthing and why you think the other fields are also acceptable.

1- You are a very SHELTERED person, because it is obvious you do not venture out of Kearny to see for yourself other fields. I will take digital photos of every field which is FAR SUPERIOR to Kearny's, (not just a little better), because there would be too many. Than I will post a message back here for you. I will leave a contact number for you to reach me. Than I will personally show you the pictures. Than for every field I show, you must EAT THE PICTURE!!!!!!

2- Go check the backstops. Do not write something if you don't know what your talking about!!!!! I don't mind opinions, but when you say something that is wrong, yet is so easy to check, that confirms to me you don't get out much!!!

I'll save you a few trips. Girls softball field at the Oval, (not bad, but not too old either. Softball field on Belgrove Dr. Vets Field (new ,1 year old) Installed when bleachers were renovated. Now , get back to me on the rest!!!

3- I would not talk about the condition of the fields in Winter, stupid!!! I'm talking about them IN PRIMETIME!!!!

4- And what did you say??? Count my blessings. Let me tell you something. For the taxes that are paid in Kearny you feel we are lucky to have these fields. You are F*ck*d UP!!!! These fields have been around for a long time!! All I say is MAINTAIN them. If your job is to maintain them, DO IT!!! Have some pride for yourself and your Town.

You win, by

Guest Guestimate
It seems that you are the one ignoring the fact that plastic shovels are allowed to be used on the surface. The rink went 3 weeks without anything being done. If they shoveled it a little bit a day, it would have been able to be opened in a week. I also see that you have ignored the fact that they were throwing salt on top of 6 inches of snow instead of plowing the parking lot.

Here I am posting about things not being taken care of by the town and there you are b!tching about the lights being on and the rink being opened for play. I think it's clear who's posting about stupid sh!t and that person is ............YOU !

You fool. I'm not the same person that complained about the lights, I am the "Guest" that posted about you posting stupid shit.

The hockey rink is the last thing the workers should be worried about when there is 6 inches of snow.

Do us all a favor and go ask for all the work orders that were processed before the hockey rink would have gotten shoveled and tell us which ones should have come after the rink.

If you don't, then just shut the hell up, because you do not know the inner workings of the department and how they prioritize their work.

How come we do not hear AMG, the director of the hockey league, complaining? Because he knows that the rink is not a priority for the town to clear and rightfully so.

Guest Hockey Parent
You fool.  I'm not the same person that complained about the lights, I am the "Guest" that posted about you posting stupid shit.

The hockey rink is the last thing the workers should be worried about when there is 6 inches of snow.

Do us all a favor and go ask for all the work orders that were processed before the hockey rink would have gotten shoveled and tell us which ones should have come after the rink.

If you don't, then just shut the hell up, because you do not know the inner workings of the department and how they prioritize their work.

How come we do not hear AMG, the director of the hockey league, complaining?  Because he knows that the rink is not a priority for the town to clear and rightfully so.

Fool ? I'm not your father either my friend. AMG did complain to the town and got no help at all from anyone. Your right, I don't know the very difficult and intricate inner workings of the department or how they priortize their work. But when they let things go for three weeks without doing anything but throw rock salt on top of the snow and sleep in their truck, well then it becomes open for public scrutiny. Tell me this you retard, if they were so busy with this snow 2 weeks after it actually snowed then what were they doing down there throwing salt all over the place like dumba$$es, 4 wheeling on the other side of the rinK while one of them slept in another truck in the parking lot ?

It seems to me that since you are such a genius and "understand the inner workings of the department" like you say, it must be you that was throwing the salt on top of the snow like a friggin retarded monkey. Talk about a FOOL !

What a moron, Is this guy married? sheeese take your self a little to seriously. What a Bozo.

Guest Guest_Observer_*
You fool.  I'm not the same person that complained about the lights, I am the "Guest" that posted about you posting stupid shit.

How come we do not hear AMG, the director of the hockey league, complaining?  Because he knows that the rink is not a priority for the town to clear and rightfully so.

You must be one of the idiots in the DPW. Everyone knows there is no such thing as priorities down there. The only priority you guys have is how to play HIDE AND SEEK!!!!

There must be a million work orders backed up because nothing gets done!!!!!

By the way AMG is a pure quality. He does asked for help, but as usual he gets nothing. Typical of this Town!!! He knows he is just pissing in the wind when he needs something, so he does it all HIMSELF!!! Ask any participant of the hockey program, (kids and parents) about the league. IT IS BY FAR THE BEST RUN, ORGANIZED AND STRUCTURED ACTIVITY IN TOWN!!!!!! Oh, and unlike other programs in which kids need equipment, (hockey requires more equipment than most programs) if kids don't have equipment or parents can't afford equipment, the league provides it!!!! But wait we're not talking about anything other than people not doing their job.

Nobody said anything about making the rink a PRIORITY, but after 1" of snow and nothing done in a week, and than a MAJOR SNOW STORM OF 6", (oh god how much overtime can we get for this BIG ONE?) nothing done for two weeks. I'll tell you how DPW works.

The average day in the life of DPW:

1- Get to work on time. (We have a palm reader ya know) scan in.

2- Finish up coffee.

3- Find out what our task is today.

4- (3) of us pile into a truck.

5- Drive to job location.

6- Finish coffee and roll we picked up on way to job when we get there.

7- Sit in truck and BULLS$IT for a while.

8- Get out and set up the props in case boss comes by to check on us. (by the way we have (3) guys doing a job (1) guy can do)

9- Actually do a little work. (wow I can't believe I wrote that!!!)

10- Drive back to shop and scan out for lunch.

11- Scan back in after lunch.

12- Drive back to job and actually eat lunch.

13- Realize it's getting late, clean up job area.

14- Sit in truck until time gets close to scan out.

15- Drive back to shop and scan out.

That's an average day sometimes it's alot harder, because we finish an easy job quick and than we sit somewhere until our boss comes looking for us to tell us what to do next.

But I'm sorry if I insulted you, but I don't like anyone telling someone "to shut the hell up", especially when we know nothing about "the inner workings of the dept."

We sometimes forget about the highly technical skill you guys have. When are you going to show everyone the ROCKET you've been building??????

:rolleyes: ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO GIVE THE DPW A BAD RAP, THE WAY YOUR LETTER READS, ITS LIKE YOU WORK FOR THE REC DEP AND YOU HAVE AN AX TO GRIND, SO YOU WILL BRING EVERYONE DOWN WITH YOU RIGHT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY JOB ORDERS YOU GET A DAY AND HOW MANY OF THEM DO YOU FALSIFY AS BEING COMPLETED . I THINK THAT MY ASSUMPTION IS CORRECT, IF NOT THEN WHAT MAKES YOU AN AUTHORITY ON THE DPW DAILY WORK SCHEDULE. SEROUSLY, IF YOU DISLIKE WHAT YOUR DOING SO MUCH THAT YOU WOULD IMLICATE YOURSELF IN THIS DAILY ROUTINE ITS TIME TO FIND ANOTHER JOB AND LET SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO DO A FULL DAYS WORK TAKE YOUR JOB POSTION OVER!!!

:rolleyes: ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO GIVE THE DPW A BAD RAP, THE WAY YOUR LETTER READS, ITS LIKE YOU WORK FOR THE REC DEP AND YOU HAVE AN AX TO GRIND, SO YOU WILL BRING EVERYONE DOWN WITH YOU RIGHT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY JOB ORDERS YOU GET A DAY AND HOW MANY OF THEM DO YOU FALSIFY AS BEING COMPLETED . I THINK THAT MY ASSUMPTION IS CORRECT, IF NOT THEN WHAT MAKES YOU AN AUTHORITY ON THE DPW DAILY WORK SCHEDULE. SEROUSLY, IF YOU DISLIKE WHAT YOUR DOING SO MUCH THAT YOU WOULD IMLICATE YOURSELF IN THIS DAILY ROUTINE ITS TIME TO FIND ANOTHER JOB AND LET SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO DO A FULL DAYS WORK TAKE YOUR JOB POSTION OVER!!!

You FRANKIE, put your nose into DPW and WATER DEPT postings, most of which you make liitle sense. Also you say the same thing over and over.

By the way who said anything about falsifying job orders, having an ax to grind, or even not liking my job!

It's amazing what you interpreted from my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXSCUSE ME! YOUR THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THE DPW INTO THIS FORUM. I HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE LIKE YOU WHO WOULD BRAG ABOUT THE JOB THAT THEY DON'T DO! IF I REPEAT MYSELF IN SOME AREA'S, IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF DO NOT COMPREHEND THE MEANING OF THE WORD" WORK "

I WOULD BE TOO EMBARASSED TO TELL ANYONE THAT I SLOUCH ALL DAY AND DO VERY LITTLE WORK, ESPECIALLY IN A PUBLIC FORUM. :rolleyes:

EXSCUSE ME! YOUR THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THE DPW INTO THIS FORUM. I HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE LIKE YOU WHO WOULD BRAG ABOUT THE JOB THAT THEY DON'T DO! IF I REPEAT MYSELF IN SOME AREA'S, IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF DO NOT COMPREHEND THE MEANING OF THE WORD" WORK "

I WOULD BE TOO EMBARASSED TO TELL ANYONE THAT I SLOUCH ALL DAY AND DO VERY LITTLE WORK, ESPECIALLY IN A PUBLIC FORUM. :rolleyes:

First of all you have alot of time on your hands. As I said before you have your nose (and 2 cents) in on almost every post in this site. Seems to me you should listen to your own advice. GET INVOLVED, SPEAK UP, GO TO A MEETING, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

I did not bring the DPW into this forum. If you would read the thread they have been a topic here for some time now!!!!

Also, as I said before, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO INTERPRET WHAT IS WRITTEN!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
First of all you have alot of time on your hands. As I said before you have your nose (and 2 cents) in on almost every post in this site. Seems to me you should listen to your own advice. GET INVOLVED, SPEAK UP, GO TO A MEETING, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

I did not bring the DPW into this forum. If you would read the thread they have been a topic here for some time now!!!!

Also, as I said before, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO INTERPRET WHAT IS WRITTEN!!!!!

Leave Frankie alone. He is CAP challenged.

Archived