Project Graduation

Guest mortimer

Guest mortimer

I can not believe that people are still trying to get events publicized in spanish, etc.

First of all the woman says if fridays project graduation event was publicized in spanish etc. there would have been at least 400 more people in attendance. Lets see. If the 400 kids told there parents that would solve the problem. Why should it have to be translated in those languages? Why not have a spanish speaking project graduation fundraiser. We all know why.

If the kids taught the parents english it would help the parents conform to our society. Instead when the kids get home from school the parents tell them to speak spanish. Lets have everyone learn spanish, because like the language we can all afford to work for minimum wage!

Where the heck is flagman when you need him?

Enough is enough this has nothing to do with racism, its reality.

I can see the point of the posting. My son attended KHS, there was much information that he was supposed to bring me either verbally or in print. I never got any of the verbal commuinications, and probably got 75 percent of the printed ones but only by finding them laying around his room as if they were trash.

The fact is that English is not the first language in a majority of homes of Kearny students at all levels. I am sure the fact is also that Hispanic and Portugese kids are just as unreliable as mine about passing on information. If a non-English speaking parent is given or finds a paper in English only, he or she is certainly less likely to ever know about the information being distributed.

It has nothing to do with the kids learning English, they all will, but first generation parents and gaurdians may not. A couple of volunteers could easilly translate any important communications.

Guest Guest 1
I can see the point of the posting. My son attended KHS, there was much information that he was supposed to bring me either verbally or in print. I never got any of the verbal commuinications, and probably got 75 percent of the printed ones but only by finding them laying around his room as if they were trash.

The fact is that English is not the first language in a majority of homes of Kearny students at all levels. I am sure the fact is also that Hispanic and Portugese kids are just as unreliable as mine about passing on information. If a non-English speaking parent is given or finds a paper in English only, he or she is certainly less likely to ever know about the information being distributed.

It has nothing to do with the kids learning English, they all will, but first generation parents and gaurdians may not. A couple of volunteers could easilly translate any important communications.

I can also see your point of view. This is an english speaking country. It costs all of us (thru taxes etc.) to translate communications, signs, voter registrations and all the other forms which come thru Social Security. Medicaid in other words all forms of government, This is a BIG expense to all of us and hinders the desire to learn the english language. If I go to a spanish speaking country, will I find all their communications translated into english. I think not. Maybe the first poster did not realize the high school is 60 to 70% Hispanic.

Whatever the language, parents care! That is what is important. I do believe, however, that everything should be written in English only. When everyones original ancestors came here, they had to learn to speak English. I would like to see Kearny adopt an ordinance to have everything English only, the town of Clifton past such an ordinance a few years back. It has nothing to do with any one particular group, but if you translate for one, than you must do it for all.

I can see the point of the posting. My son attended KHS, there was much information that he was supposed to bring me either verbally or in print.  I never got any of the verbal commuinications, and probably got 75 percent of the printed ones but only by finding them laying around his room as if they were trash.

The fact is that English is not the first language in a majority of homes of Kearny students at all levels.  I am sure the fact is also that Hispanic and Portugese kids are just as unreliable as mine about passing on information.  If a non-English speaking parent  is given or finds a paper in English only, he or she is certainly less likely to ever know about the information being distributed.

It has nothing to do with the kids learning English, they all will, but first generation parents and gaurdians may not.  A couple of volunteers could easilly translate any important communications.

I can also see your point of view. This is an english speaking country. It costs all of us (thru taxes etc.) to translate communications, signs, voter registrations and all the other forms which come thru Social Security. Medicaid in other words all forms of government, This is a BIG expense to all of us and hinders the desire to learn the english language. If I go to a spanish speaking country, will I find all their communications translated into english. I think not. Maybe the first poster did not realize the high school is 60 to 70% Hispanic.

They speak Spanish in Spain, Polish in Poland, Russian in Russia and English in England. No person in France is compelled to speak German, and for the same good reason no person in the USA should be compelled to speak English. To speak American means to speak any language you choose. Read The Constitution of The United States of America, then study it. Freedom!!!

I can see the point of the posting. My son attended KHS, there was much information that he was supposed to bring me either verbally or in print.  I never got any of the verbal commuinications, and probably got 75 percent of the printed ones but only by finding them laying around his room as if they were trash.

The fact is that English is not the first language in a majority of homes of Kearny students at all levels.  I am sure the fact is also that Hispanic and Portugese kids are just as unreliable as mine about passing on information.  If a non-English speaking parent  is given or finds a paper in English only, he or she is certainly less likely to ever know about the information being distributed.

It has nothing to do with the kids learning English, they all will, but first generation parents and gaurdians may not.  A couple of volunteers could easilly translate any important communications.

They speak Spanish in Spain, Polish in Poland, Russian in Russia and English in England. No person in France is compelled to speak German, and for the same good reason no person in the USA should be compelled to speak English. To speak American means to speak any language you choose. Read The Constitution of The United States of America, then study it. Freedom!!!

Speak whatever language you desire but don't expect me to pay for it.

Guest Guest 1
"""Maybe the first poster did not realize the high school is 60 to 70% Hispanic."""

What are you nuts? Why would the HS be 60 to 70 hispanic?

Don't believe me. Be outside the high school at dismissal. Where have you been? But so not to appear bigoted, instead check the numbers filed with the State. They're over 60%.

Guest Posted on Nov 21 2003, 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Guest 1 @ Nov 20 2003, 01:10 PM)

QUOTE (Reader @ Nov 20 2003, 08:20 AM)

when you go to read the copy of the constitution will you be a sweetheart and pick me up a copy in spanish.....

Guest Guest 1
Guest Posted on Nov 21 2003, 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Guest 1 @ Nov 20 2003, 01:10 PM)

QUOTE (Reader @ Nov 20 2003, 08:20 AM)

when you go to read the copy of the constitution will you be a sweetheart and pick me up a copy in spanish.....

Sure I will, after all you're paying for it.

Archived