$170,000/yr position four construction projects

Guest Peter Higgins

How about the fact that Harrrison has a library director with no credentials whatsover that looses staid aid for Harrison every year because of this? Another kudos to your elected officials that loose sight of everything but themselves.

71184[/snapback]

Wow Steve you even steam roll people you give a kiss too.....that goes to show you how loyal these people are. What a joke, look furhter into things before throwing your hissy fit.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you must be one of THEM!

I hope that the FBI reviews all the records at the Harrison Gardens. Let's go back 7 years or more.

71029[/snapback]

Just to clear soemthign up for you idiots the Harrison Housing and the Town are two different animals, the Housing is run by HUD not the Town. Once again look into things and ask questions before you post bull Sh**.

I believe the title as a Library Director, is an MLS, does she have this? This is the question as to what state aid and alveating taxpayper burden is concerned.  HELLO?  TAXPAYERS? HELLO?

71366[/snapback]

Well stop in and see her...ask her!

yOU A... HOLE i AMOST HAVE p.H.d.  i KNOW WHAT i AM TALKING ABOUT.

71367[/snapback]

I am sure you almost have it you can't even type or spell. Not too many people in the Town have a collge degree she does.

Just to clear soemthign up for you idiots the Harrison Housing and the Town are two different animals, the Housing is run by HUD not the Town. Once again look into things and ask questions before you post bull Sh**.

71432[/snapback]

The members of the Harrison Housing Authority are appointed by the mayor, with the consent of the council. You draw a fine line when you call them a different animals.

How about the fact that Harrrison has a library director with no credentials whatsover that looses staid aid for Harrison every year because of this? Another kudos to your elected officials that loose sight of everything but themselves.

71184[/snapback]

SHE HAS A 4 YR BACHELORS DEGREE. KEARNY HAS 3-4 'REAL' "LIBRARIANS' WITH MASTERS DEGREES IN LIBRARY SCIENCE - MLS, PLUS APPROX 5 LIBRARY ASSISTANTS WITH 4 YR BA - BACHELOR OF ARTS or SCIENCE DEGREES. THE ONLY OTHER PERSON THAT HAD BEEN IN THE LIBRARY IN THE PAST 15 YRS WITH A 4 YR BA -BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN A 'RELEVANT' FIELD, HAD TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER DEPT IN TOWN HALL, MORE RELEVANT TO THEIR MAJOR (degree).

I believe the title is Acting Director, you should stop in and ask to see her College Degree...something you never accomplished because you are a loser.

71344[/snapback]

she does not have have the 'required masters in library science from an 'acredated 'L

I believe the title is Acting Director, you should stop in and ask to see her College Degree...something you never accomplished because you are a loser.

71344[/snapback]

She does not have the state required MLS Masters in Library Science from an accredated Library college, only a 4 yr BA from Jersey City State. Any town in NJ, is required to have an accredated LIBRARIAN with a MASTERS DEGREE in LIBRARY SCIENCE if the town has more than 10,000 population. There had been a couple others in the library with 4 yr BA's from colleges such as Seton Hall U in the past 20 yrs., She was not the only one there with a BA; but none of them had the 'state requuired' MLS.

71344[/snapback]

Gov. Whitman gave the town permission to have a 'tempory' acting director for a yr or so, unill the civil service test was put forth to get one.

As 'Acting Director, the town was supposed to advertise for a 'GRADUATE DEGREE' bona-fide "Permanent" Libray Director with an MLS degree 8 yrs ago and has not done so. A few of the records in Trenton had the 'previous' Kearny Library Diector 'filling in' as our libray director.

THE CIVIL -SERVICE TEST FOR A MLS CERTIFIED LIBRARY DIRECTOR IS LONG OVER-DUE! I bet the Civil Service dept officials in Trenton are nor aware that our town has gone for over 8 yrs with a population of over 10,000 whereby a municpal libray is required to have a library director who possesses a MLS degree, and nothing has been done to fill the position. No advertisement for applicants to apply for a civil service test to fill the positon in over 10 yrs.

Multiple-job holders in HARRISON TOWNSHIP.  Look who is at the top?  Last name look familiar

ELIZABETH A HIGGINS  2  $156,182 

MICHAEL RODGERS  2  $137,620 

ROBERT C VANRIPER  2  $123,608 

ALBERT A CIFELLI  2  $122,324 

RICHARD A FALASCO  4  $104,567 

JEFFREY KIER  6  $103,078 

RAYMOND J MCDONOUGH  2  $97,459 

GREGORY KOWALSKI  2  $91,837

MICHAEL J PETRIELLO  2  $87,616 

TIMOTHY MEAD  3  $87,372 

ARTHUR PETTIGREW  3  $82,668 

ROBERT GASSERT  2  $73,168 

MICHAEL C MICKLASAVAGE  2  $71,541 

MICHAEL T DOLAGHAN  2  $67,621 

DAWN M MITCHELL  2  $67,559 

MICHAEL AL BREWER  2  $67,181 

KAREN MURRAY  2  $66,056 

EDWARD BAGNIEWSKI  2  $65,631 

THOMAS J POWELL  2  $65,244

70822[/snapback]

Where is Apples on this report. ???

Well said. No one else wanted that position and if not for the redevelopment agency none of the things like the hotel, red bulls, riverpark, etc. would have been built. So what do you do but COMPLAIN about a guy who is doing his job.

70449[/snapback]

How the hell do You know if no one else wanted that job...No jobs in this town are ever offered or posted for anyone to decide to apply for it...Just as the Street Deptments with the Ticket agents ...they were never posted...These jobs should have been offered to the crossing Guards first not the councilman's Fat ass Daughter , and friends of People that work in the town hall and their Family's....I know a couple of them that could have used those jobs just as any other job in this god forsacken town it does not get posted.....When You do find out about it ,it is to late, They are already taken..... This has to be the most corrupt Town in New Jersey.....And if You need a degree to run the Library , How the Hell does a Plumber get to be Mayor????? I guess all You need to know is how to throw around the Bullshit.

"State officials are now examining the circumstances behind one of the most fortunate, former councilman Pete Higgins III, who worked for the Harrison schools for a quarter-century. In 2003, on the same day Higgins retired, the district appointed him to a new, $170,000-a-year position to coordinate four construction projects." Star Ledger (front page) 10/22/2007

Now

RESIGN

70268[/snapback]

This goes to show what a bunch of idiots we are for voting these people in.

I will never trust not one of them up there that has a job connected to his seat.

We need new people that are not looking out for themselves but for the regular people of Harrison.

Gov. Whitman gave the town permission to have a 'tempory' acting director for a yr or so, unill the civil service test was put forth to get one.

As 'Acting Director, the town was supposed to advertise for a 'GRADUATE DEGREE'  bona-fide  "Permanent"  Libray Director with an MLS degree 8 yrs ago and has not done so.    A few of the records in Trenton had the 'previous'  Kearny Library Diector 'filling in' as our libray director.

THE CIVIL -SERVICE TEST FOR A MLS CERTIFIED LIBRARY DIRECTOR IS LONG OVER-DUE!  I bet the Civil Service dept officials in Trenton are  nor aware that our town has gone for over 8 yrs with  a population of over 10,000 whereby a municpal libray is required to have a library director who possesses a MLS degree, and nothing has been done to fill the position.  No advertisement for applicants to apply for a civil service test to fill the positon in over 10 yrs.

71628[/snapback]

Ok Steve!!!

SHE HAS A 4 YR BACHELORS DEGREE.  KEARNY HAS 3-4  'REAL'  "LIBRARIANS' WITH MASTERS DEGREES IN LIBRARY SCIENCE - MLS, PLUS APPROX 5 LIBRARY ASSISTANTS WITH 4 YR BA - BACHELOR OF ARTS or SCIENCE DEGREES.  THE ONLY OTHER PERSON THAT HAD BEEN IN THE LIBRARY IN THE PAST 15 YRS WITH A 4 YR BA -BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN A 'RELEVANT' FIELD, HAD TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER DEPT IN TOWN HALL, MORE RELEVANT TO THEIR MAJOR (degree).

71619[/snapback]

She has a lot more then you'll ever have that is for sure!!!!

71184[/snapback]

Do you know that for sure? You are losing a lot of votes as you trash people.

This goes to show what a bunch of idiots we are for voting these people in.

I will never trust not one of them up there that has a job connected to his seat.

We need new people that are not looking out for themselves but for the regular people of Harrison.

71769[/snapback]

Well I have a news flash for you none of the ones running will be any good to the town either, maybe Greystone where they should have been all along but somethings take time. That CD that was sent out was disgusting, they are pathetic and I hope they all lose.

Well I have a news flash for you none of the ones running will be any good to the town either, maybe Greystone where they should have been all along but somethings take time.  That CD that was sent out was disgusting, they are pathetic and I hope they all lose.

71820[/snapback]

What the hell are You talking aboput Disgusting, Why because they speak the truth...You must be one of the pee-ons that work for McDumass!!! You are a real IDIOT.That cd was great, the only thing disgusting about it was the Big Fat McDumass and His Idiots walking out because the can't answer the questions....If You listen carefully You can Hear one of them saying OH Shit when a question was asked , Gee I wonder why . Their asses were caught and they knew it......THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SNEAKS AND CROOKS and let's add LIARS to that..Their Families Should be real proud of them, If I was one of them I most certainly would not want to be seen ....EMBARACING.....SHAME ON THEM.

Well I have a news flash for you none of the ones running will be any good to the town either, maybe Greystone where they should have been all along but somethings take time.  That CD that was sent out was disgusting, they are pathetic and I hope they all lose.

71820[/snapback]

Zombie Power !!!!!

71820[/snapback]

Please realize what you are saying, any educated person would take that CD and consider it as people speaking out and saying what we the working class people of Harrison would want to say and would like answers on. I realize that you are mad about a reason or another, but don't go bashing down on these people that are trying to make a difference in our town. I believe that they don't want a job here they want to do the right thing, and that is what is not going on now. Did you read the Star Ledger and the Jersey Journal, do you actually think these well known newspapers would put Harrison and the Corruption on their front pages without merit????? I don't think so. Why would they jeapordize their name. Unless of course you have a job or a bad connection with this town, only then you critisize these people working to get elected and do the right thing. Enough is enough we need change. Please post some educated posts, your post shows your education and ignorance. Thank You 3rd Ward Resident

How the hell do You know if no one else wanted that job...No jobs in this town are ever offered or posted for anyone to decide to apply for it...Just as the Street Deptments  with the Ticket agents ...they were never posted...These jobs should have been offered to the crossing Guards first  not the councilman's Fat ass Daughter , and friends of People that work in the town hall and their Family's....I know a couple of them that could have used those jobs just as any other job in this god forsacken town  it does not get posted.....When You do find out about it ,it is to late, They are already taken..... This has to be the  most corrupt Town in New Jersey.....And if You need a degree to run the Library , How the Hell does a Plumber get to be Mayor????? I guess all You need to know is how to throw around the Bullshit.

71752[/snapback]

It's called elected!!!!! By the people.

What the hell are You talking aboput Disgusting, Why because they speak the truth...You must be one of the pee-ons that work for McDumass!!! You are a real IDIOT.That cd was great, the only thing disgusting about it was the Big Fat McDumass and His Idiots walking out because the can't answer the questions....If You listen carefully You can Hear one of them saying OH Shit when a question was asked , Gee I wonder why . Their asses were caught  and they knew it......THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SNEAKS AND CROOKS and let's add LIARS to that..Their Families  Should be real proud of them, If I was one of them I most certainly would not want to be seen ....EMBARACING.....SHAME ON THEM.

71842[/snapback]

Ok Maria...it was disgusting and so were the comments you were making while filming, I would get up and walk out if I were at the meeting Steve sounds like a whining 3 year old. I was waiting for him to throw himself on the floor and call out for a pacifier. Give me a break...and also if I was Carol and he talked to me the way he was in the video I would have walked over and puched him right in the mouth.

Please realize what you are saying, any educated person would take that CD and consider it as people speaking out and saying what we the working class people of Harrison would want to say and would like answers on.  I realize that you are mad about a reason or another, but don't go bashing down on these people that are trying to make a difference in our town.  I believe that they don't want a job here they want to do the right thing, and that is what is not going on now.  Did you read the Star Ledger and the Jersey Journal, do you actually think these well known newspapers would put Harrison and the Corruption on their front pages without merit????? I don't think so.  Why would they jeapordize their name.  Unless of course you have a job or a bad connection with this town, only then you critisize these people working to get elected and do the right thing.  Enough is enough we need change.  Please post some educated posts, your post shows your education and ignorance.  Thank You 3rd Ward Resident

71898[/snapback]

No please stop putting that crap in my mailbox. It was quite disturbing, looked a little loaded and sounded a little loaded.