$170,000/yr position four construction projects

Guest Peter Higgins

Guest Peter Higgins

"State officials are now examining the circumstances behind one of the most fortunate, former councilman Pete Higgins III, who worked for the Harrison schools for a quarter-century. In 2003, on the same day Higgins retired, the district appointed him to a new, $170,000-a-year position to coordinate four construction projects." Star Ledger (front page) 10/22/2007

Now

RESIGN

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"State officials are now examining the circumstances behind one of the most fortunate, former councilman Pete Higgins III, who worked for the Harrison schools for a quarter-century. In 2003, on the same day Higgins retired, the district appointed him to a new, $170,000-a-year position to coordinate four construction projects." Star Ledger (front page) 10/22/2007

Now

RESIGN

70268[/snapback]

I am so sick to death paying such taxes in Harrison making people like him and his family fat! I am glad, finnally that something, I hipe, will be done. And they should loose some of thoes fat pensions they get for sitting on thier fat keesters!

WWe have plumbers, alcholholics, bookies, convicted fellons and others running this town! I hope they take thier heads off!

Resign. Resign from what. From and unpaying, underapreciated, unending job that is all for the resurrection of a town that is full of ungreatful people who have nothing better to do but to cry about their lot in life, collect unemployment and welfare, all the while trying to bring other people down to make themselves feel better.

Indict! Are you serious. Indict for what? For giving 30 years of your life to helping people who can't help themselves. From working hundreds of hours to do what is right by the people who ask for that help. Maybe he should be INDICTED. For being crazy enough to care about a town and it's people who only seem to care about themselves.

Maybe he should spend less time defending and working for everyone else and just worry about himself. Maybe then he would be paind what he is actually worth. Not Pete Higgins. He is not that person. He does not think of himself first.

Everyone has flaws. Pete Higgins has flaws. It is just a shame that he biggest flaw is caring about the uncaring Town of Harrison and all it's whining, complaining citizens. (I use that term very loosly).

Guest Peter these are your words:

When he (Peter Higgins) retired again last year, with only one of the four construction projects finished, Higgins began drawing two pensions worth $182,000. Then the school board hired him again, this time as a consultant at $28,000 a year. {Star Ledger 10/22/2007 FRONT PAGE}

Peter these are your words:

"I don't think the average taxpayer would think that was fair, but I didn't create the situation," Higgins said. "I didn't create these rules."

you arragant XXXXXXX (edited before KOTW can touch it)

Guest curious
Resign.  Resign from what.  From and unpaying, underapreciated, unending job that is all for the resurrection of a town that is full of ungreatful people who have nothing better to do but to cry about their lot in life, collect unemployment and welfare, all the while trying to bring other people down to make themselves feel better. 

Indict!  Are you serious. Indict for what?  For giving 30 years of your life to helping people who can't help themselves.  From working hundreds of hours to do what is right by the people who ask for that help. Maybe he should be INDICTED.  For being crazy enough to care about a town and it's people who only seem to care about themselves. 

Maybe he should spend less time defending and working for everyone else and just worry about himself.  Maybe then he would be paind what he is actually worth.  Not Pete Higgins. He is not that person.  He does not think of himself first.

Everyone has flaws.  Pete Higgins has flaws.  It is just a shame that he biggest flaw is caring about the uncaring Town of Harrison and all it's whining, complaining citizens.  (I use that term very loosly).

70408[/snapback]

Are you a direct relative or just an in-law? By the way I think you should change the strings on your violin. It sounds a little off key.

Resign.  Resign from what.  From and unpaying, underapreciated, unending job that is all for the resurrection of a town that is full of ungreatful people who have nothing better to do but to cry about their lot in life, collect unemployment and welfare, all the while trying to bring other people down to make themselves feel better. 

Indict!  Are you serious. Indict for what?  For giving 30 years of your life to helping people who can't help themselves.  From working hundreds of hours to do what is right by the people who ask for that help. Maybe he should be INDICTED.  For being crazy enough to care about a town and it's people who only seem to care about themselves. 

Maybe he should spend less time defending and working for everyone else and just worry about himself.  Maybe then he would be paind what he is actually worth.  Not Pete Higgins. He is not that person.  He does not think of himself first.

Everyone has flaws.  Pete Higgins has flaws.  It is just a shame that he biggest flaw is caring about the uncaring Town of Harrison and all it's whining, complaining citizens.  (I use that term very loosly).

70408[/snapback]

Well said. No one else wanted that position and if not for the redevelopment agency none of the things like the hotel, red bulls, riverpark, etc. would have been built. So what do you do but COMPLAIN about a guy who is doing his job.

Well said. No one else wanted that position and if not for the redevelopment agency none of the things like the hotel, red bulls, riverpark, etc. would have been built. So what do you do but COMPLAIN about a guy who is doing his job.

70449[/snapback]

From what I understand, he didn't do his job. He got paid $170,000 and only completed the one project before he retired, then was hired for $28,000 as a consultant. If he cared so much about this town, wouldn't he have seen the projects through? And who replaced him when he retired? Was it for the same amount of money? I don't remember seeing the job posted in the Observer. And you better get a clue on salary ranges. His was WAY over the top, and I think that is a huge issue with everyone, considering he didn't see the projects through. Do you understand that complaint, or not?

70449[/snapback]

WHAT JOB WOULD THAT BE? SUCKING HARRISON DRY?

I HAVE TRULY LOST ANY AND ALL RESPECT FOR THIS GUY, WHOM TO ME HAS NO CONSIDERATION OF HARRISON. ONLY WHAT GOES INTO HIS POCKETS.. YES HE IS RIGHT THE TAXPAYERS WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT, BUT HE DID NOT MAKE THE RULES, HE JUST TOOK THE MONEY ANYWAY. LIAR AND THIEF YOU PETER HIGGINS SHOULD RESIGN AND PAY THE TOWN BACK WHAT YOU STOLE.......

70449[/snapback]

The guy who was "doing his job" was/is not doing it well. Why is the high school flooding every time it rains? Why was a hazmat company called in to clear out the NEW high school. Doing a job and doing a job well are 2 very different things. These are your tax dollars. Do you want your children to attend a school that you have to worry about their health because corners are being cut to line the inside of someone's pocket?

70449[/snapback]

Are you out of your mind? We should wonder why Pete got this job in the first place.

Many people would have wanted the job. Was this job ever posted? We should check the OPRA files for that.

And what about the Cat man? who hires an Ex-con and why?

From what I understand, he didn't do his job. He got paid $170,000 and only completed the one project before he retired, then was hired for $28,000 as a consultant. If he cared so much about this town, wouldn't he have seen the projects through? And who replaced him when he retired? Was it for the same amount of money? I don't remember seeing the job posted in the Observer. And you better get a clue on salary ranges. His was WAY over the top, and I think that is a huge issue with everyone, considering he didn't see the projects through. Do you understand that complaint, or not?

70457[/snapback]

The problem here is not the man that took these jobs[yes it was wrong] but what about the one that gave him all these jobs, they are to blame more so. This man is just greedy but then again how people would decline these jobs when offered that amount of money.

Guest BlueTideBacker

70408[/snapback]

Now let me guess who posted this; Peter, Mrs. Peter, or Peter's mom, hmmmm.

Guest Pleasentville

70408[/snapback]

Thanks Aunt Bea

70449[/snapback]

This whole cluster f***k was about Red Bull***T

Where is it?

Why?? :P:P:P:P

70457[/snapback]

How about this. The SCA (School Construction Agency) that was created by the State of NJ to fund school building projects folded before the other three projects could be done. Instead of keeping a job, that he probably could of, since everyone has pointed out he is only interested in lining his own pockets, he retired instead of collecting a salary for a job that COULD NOT be done.

And futhermore, I would like to see how bad the school system would be if he was not a consultant. That would be interesting.

70449[/snapback]

Yea rite doing His Job And getting a little extra under the Table...They are all a BUNCH OF CROOKS CROOKS CROOKS..The only people they care about is themselves their Families and Personell Friends whom they make sure they get Jobs for and put a little Cash in Their pockets......Work Hard Yea rite Real Hard to rip off the little people in town, They are the reason this town is now a distressed town all the money is going in the McDummass and cronnies Pockets instead of the town .....Caring You have to be kidding Me They are a DISGRACE

The guy who was "doing his job" was/is not doing it well.  Why is the high school flooding every time it rains?  Why was a hazmat company called in to clear out the NEW high school.  Doing a job and doing a job well are 2 very different things.  These are your tax dollars.  Do you want your children to attend a school that you have to worry about their health because corners are being cut to line the inside of someone's pocket?

70484[/snapback]

Take the Pensions away from these crooks they knew what they were doing and had this all planned out...CROOKS, They make Me sick....

Are you out of your mind?  We should wonder why Pete got this job in the first place. 

Many people would have wanted the job.  Was this job ever posted?  We should check the OPRA files for that. 

And what about the Cat man?  who hires an Ex-con and why?

70492[/snapback]

No JOBS IN THIS TOWN ARE EVER POSTED THEY ARE TAKEN BY A FAMILY OR CLOSE FRIEND OF ANYONE IN THE MAYORS OR TOWN COUNCILS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.....THE ONLY ONES POSTED ARE THEW SHITTY JOBS NO ONE ELSE WANTS....

Take the Pensions away from these crooks they knew what they were doing and had this all planned out...CROOKS,  They make Me sick....

70557[/snapback]

Does anyone know how long you have to work on the town before you start collecting health insurance benefits?

Guest Guest_Taxpayer_*
How about this.  The SCA (School Construction Agency) that was created by the State of NJ to fund school building projects folded before the other three projects could be done.  Instead of keeping a job, that he probably could of, since everyone has pointed out he is only interested in lining his own pockets, he retired instead of collecting a salary for a job that COULD NOT be done.

And futhermore, I would like to see how bad the school system would be if he was not a consultant. That would be interesting.

70545[/snapback]

You must be kidding! He was the Assistant Superintendent of Schools that created the mess in the first place!

How about this.  The SCA (School Construction Agency) that was created by the State of NJ to fund school building projects folded before the other three projects could be done.  Instead of keeping a job, that he probably could of, since everyone has pointed out he is only interested in lining his own pockets, he retired instead of collecting a salary for a job that COULD NOT be done.

70545[/snapback]

Thanks, Mom.

70545[/snapback]

Sure would be interesting maybe if he did his JOB be it a $300,000 job part time instead of letting the various contractors make all the decision and pay the blessed Harrison political machine all those lovely gifts you know are going on, your right think about it maybe Harrison High would have a conventionally sized pool and not one that spans several stories!

:)

this guy is and always will be a pompus man

his ego is bigger than his head

remember petey boy the saying................ what goes around comes around? i've waited 8 years for this. the party is over. any taxpayer that looks at you should spit on you for those egotisic remarks. i hope you are fined up the a** that you have to return what you stole from the townspeople. i hope they take away your pensions... and while you are at it... move out and get out of our town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!