Why Iraq?

Guest George Burdell

Guest Radagast
Knee jerk I don't think so. You still avoid dealing with the true issue here. This region is filled with people who would stop us from even haveing this forum. Listen I don't like war or the loss of young men and woman who think we are doing the right thing. But you my friend are not dealing with reality. Like I said before this aint Nam.

If the region is filled with these people, than how are we supposed to get rid of all of them? Nuke the entire Middle East? Pray tell, what is the reality? During the VietNam War I remember talking to a gung ho who was going back for another tour. He kept refering to the VietNamese as 'gooks'. I asked him how he could tell a good 'gook' from a bad 'gook' ... he couldn't give me an answer. That is the reason why this is more like Nam than you seem to be willing to admit.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're wasting your breath on Rad and the rest of the Bush hate crowd.  Their argument boils down to this; we hate Bush.  Everything he does is wrong and evil.  This war is some way going to get him personal gain.

Of course they always lack any alternative solutions.

If they are hopeful for a Democratic take back of the government in the next elections, they better be happy with the local wins of Santos and crowd, because nationally the Dems bring nothing to the table.

And BTW, it's not just because Willy got a BJ.

Why are people so quick to cry Bush hatred instead of defending his actions with positive statements or crying Clinton this or Clinton that? I still have yet to see in this thread any clear thinking about what Bush hopes to accomplish. You say "they lack any alternative solutions". For there to be an alternative there would first have to be a solution in place which is very questionable. And you don't need to have an alternative to question the current actions, HE asked for the job and HE said he was capable, it's up to HIM to either do it or step down. Democratic take back? Screw the Democrats and screw the Republicans. We want a take back of government by people who have some moral character and aren't blathering, hypocritical idiots. People actually willing to live within the bounds of the Constitution they have taken an oath to uphold, this attitude of "I can do anything I want if I think it's OK" is BS in it's purest form.

Knee jerk I don't think so. You still avoid dealing with the true issue here. This region is filled with people who would stop us from even haveing this forum. Listen I don't like war or the loss of young men and woman who think we are doing the right thing. But you my friend are not dealing with reality. Like I said before this aint Nam.

Well, if as you say the REGION is filled it brings back the original question:Why Iraq? Why not Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, or any of the other regional hotbeds of Anti-Americanism? Question still hasn't been answered.

Still seems to me like a combination of emotional need to retaliate for 9/11 and part of the reason Iraq was chosen is a little personal for Bush, still haven't heard anything to clearly refute that other than "Bush hater" and"Willy, yada, yada,yada"

And eliminating a dictator and spreading democracy doesn't answer Why Iraq? because why not Iran, North Korea, Belarus, Khazakstan, or any of the many non-democratic dictatorships.

So, Why Iraq?

It has everything to do with Iraq. The entire middle east is a hot bed of hate. Do you think this problem will go away if we pull out? The stage was set on 9/11 and that was only the start of things to come. Think what you will, but you can't deny the clear and present danger that exists and is directed at the western way of life. Dubya or no Dubya

W                W

Clear and present danger? Hardly, even if he had WMDs Saddam has no delivery system and the equipment destroyed in the first Gulf War severely limited the Army's usefulness and the Iraqi air force is non-existent. Bush could have well afforded additional time to better plan his actions but jumped to do the yahoo, popular thing which has now seems likely to replace Saddam with civil war, a change but an improvement? Shoot from the hip may be popular in the movies but it's poor foreign policy and we will be paying for his errors for many years to come.

You are truly an idiot.  You sound like the type of fool who would make the argument that a woman deserved to get raped because of the way she dressed.

Since you chose to bring up the rather tasteless example using rape you should be aware that were Bush a prosecutor every man should fear being prosecuted for rape as he has the equipment, in Bush's view no need for any solid evidence, so we convict a few wrongly, we'll just chalk it up to faulty evidence.

Clear and present danger?  Hardly, even if he had WMDs Saddam has no delivery system and the equipment destroyed in the first Gulf War severely limited the Army's usefulness and the Iraqi air force is non-existent.  Bush could have well afforded additional time to better plan his actions but jumped to do the yahoo, popular thing which has now seems likely to replace Saddam with civil war, a change but an improvement?  Shoot from the hip may be popular in the movies but it's poor foreign policy and we will be paying for his errors for many years to come.

Al right I'll stop because you guys refuse to look at the big picture with an open mind. But, let me ask you this, what should we do right now? I know you will have the answer. Thanks in advance for opening my eyes to Americas wrongs.

Clear and present danger?  Hardly, even if he had WMDs Saddam has no delivery system and the equipment destroyed in the first Gulf War severely limited the Army's usefulness and the Iraqi air force is non-existent.  Bush could have well afforded additional time to better plan his actions but jumped to do the yahoo, popular thing which has now seems likely to replace Saddam with civil war, a change but an improvement?  Shoot from the hip may be popular in the movies but it's poor foreign policy and we will be paying for his errors for many years to come.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ? TRY REREADING WHAT WAS SAID.

Al right I'll stop because you guys refuse to look at the big picture with an open mind. But, let me ask you this, what should we do right now? I know you will have the answer. Thanks in advance for opening my eyes to Americas wrongs.

Well it's a little late but IMHO we should be fighting terrorists wherever they exist instead of having such a narrow focus on Afghanistan and Iraq, what about those in Yemen?, those in Syria?, those in Indonesia? I think we'd have been better off concentrating on crippling those organiztions both physically and financially. We shoul be attacking terrorists, not countries, those are two distinctly different entities.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ? TRY REREADING WHAT WAS SAID.

I understand perfectly, clear and PRESENT, PRESENT as in RIGHT NOW, which is simply not the case, we were in no danger of imminent attack by Saddam's forces which is why I say we'd have been better off with a better planned attack and post attack agenda. Considering the billions of dollars we've spent over the years on weaponry it should hardly be considered a great accomplishment to unseat Saddam, but WHAT NOW? I think the planning has been lacking.

Now, Do YOU UNDERSTAND what YOU read?

Right now we have little choice but to try and exit causing as little trauma as possible. Had a little more thought been used I think we would have been better served but covert ops and surgical strikes. Going in as we did only provided a lot of time for the true enemies, Bin Laden and crew to go to ground.

Archived