Why Iraq?

Guest George Burdell

You are truly an idiot.  You sound like the type of fool who would make the argument that a woman deserved to get raped because of the way she dressed.

How typical when you have no positive argument to make your case you resort to ame cxalling.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong again.  Better than 90% of the insurgents are not from Iraq. So stop trying to depict them as freedom fighters.

And the last time I checked, the US Military didn't condone beheading civilians or prisoners.  Unfortunately, we abide by the Geneva Conventions.

Is it just for convenience you neglect to mention a a supposed God fearing christian president who needed convincing to ban torture and cruel and unhumane treatment, a hypocrite of the forst order.

I fear I will be harmed more by a president who considers himself above the law than by any saddam.

That is an absolute lie. If anything, 90% of the fighting is being done by locals. Even the US Military will tell you that. Why do you resort to lies to make your point? ... Oh, I forgot, you're just emulating your fearless leader Chickenhawk Bush.

The Saudis have chopped off way more civilian heads then the insurgency ever will...and the Suadi's are our allies. I thought Gonzo Gonzalez said the Geneva Conventions didn't count anymore. Somebody better tell those outside contractors we hired to torture people that they have to stop.

Do you have any blood left in your body, with that bleeding heart?

Is it just for convenience you neglect to mention a a supposed God fearing christian president who needed convincing to ban torture and cruel and unhumane treatment, a hypocrite of the forst order.

I fear I will be harmed more by a president who considers himself above the law than by any saddam.

There are plenty of other countries you can move to if you are so afraid of Bush. What are you doing that causes such fear? Arw you communicating outside of the country with known terrorists?

No issues, just Bush hate.

I'd say there's a vast difference between an armed invasion of someone's else's territory and the way a woman dresses, if you don't understand the difference it's YOU who truly is an idiot.

I'd say your ignoring the fact that the vast majority of Iraq's population just participated in their first truly free election. But I guess that's another Bush lie.

And your "better than 90%" figure is based on what?  Your imagination?  You must have an active one claiming I try to depict them as freedom fighters.  If you don't understand people everywhere tend to defend what's theirs you truly are an idiot.

Based on the fact that one of the major problems that the US Military has had is controlling Iraq's borders, where these outsiders "trying to defend what's theirs" are coming from.

That is an absolute lie. If anything, 90% of the fighting is being done by locals. Even the US Military will tell you that. Why do you resort to lies to make your point? ... Oh, I forgot, you're just emulating your fearless leader Chickenhawk Bush.

The Saudis have chopped off way more civilian heads then the insurgency ever will...and the Suadi's are our allies. I thought Gonzo Gonzalez said the Geneva Conventions didn't count anymore. Somebody better tell those outside contractors we hired to torture people that they have to stop.

Really, the Saudi's are killing innocent civilians now. Where is that stat from? Are you confused with the execution of convicted criminals?

I love it. You want it both ways. You love Iraq's way of life and how they are defending their nation, but you B**ch when the Saudi's kill a few people.

There are plenty of other countries you can move to if you are so afraid of Bush.  What are you doing that causes such fear? Arw you communicating outside of the country with known terrorists?

Ah........the "America:Love It or Leave It" faction heard from. No, I won't let narrow minded little twits like you force me from my own vountry. Am I "communicating outside the country"?, no, I'm communicating inside the country with known idiots like you.

I'd say your ignoring the fact that the vast majority of Iraq's population just participated in their first truly free election.  But I guess that's another Bush lie.

When they show they can seat an elected government that lasts then it will mean something, right now it's just a thought. And there are quite a few questioning that election. Bush lie? Maybe not but a gross oversimplification of the situation, then again, it was over two years ago he claimed "mission accomplished".

There are plenty of other countries you can move to if you are so afraid of Bush.  What are you doing that causes such fear? Arw you communicating outside of the country with known terrorists?

No issues? Bush hate? I think it's a big issue what a hypocrite Bush is. Instead of your leave crap why don't you explain why a man who so frequently espouses his christian beliefs needs to be convinced to ban inhumane treatment? Why don't you explain why this man claiming to bring law and order to Iraq holds himself to be above the law? No Issue? Only to those like you who refuse to open your eyes. I don't hate Bush but I do hate his hypocritical actions.

And you missed one of your favorite points, you tell me to leave but you forgot to mention Willy got a BJ, still haven't offered justification for Bush.

Why don't you at least make an attempt to understand the issue? The issue was never if the government should be allowed to intercept possible terrorist communications. The issue is why Bush feels no need to obey the law. Try real hard, the issue has nothing to do with terrorists, the issue is purely about a man who thinks he is above the law.

It's probably YOU that should move to another country as you would obviously prefer more government control and monitoring of your life.

Guest See the truth
Based on the fact that one of the major problems that the US Military has had is controlling Iraq's borders, where these outsiders "trying to defend what's theirs" are coming from.

You just don't get it and never will. I say lets give them a pass and bring them to NY or any city of your choice and lets fight them here. That should make the rest of the world happy and i guess you as well. Then you and Kerry could reason with them between beheadings. Then we could say we are truely defending our country. Hey take it to the streets. Got to revolution. This aint 1968. Wake the hell up! Oh and what is this war based on? The three thousand lives lost on 9/11. Or should we write them off as unimportant ? Where is cindy for them ? No camp trade center for that loss. All I can say is God bless America it's the worlds last chance and ours.

Guest Radagast
I'd say your ignoring the fact that the vast majority of Iraq's population just participated in their first truly free election.  But I guess that's another Bush lie.

It's very obvious from your posts that your 'facts' are a bit muddled. That truly 'free' election has been mared by fraud and it has established Iraq as another Islamic theocracy. Great job!

You just don't get it and never will. I say lets give them a pass and bring them to NY or any city of your choice and lets fight them here. That should make the rest of the world happy and i guess you as well. Then you and Kerry could reason with them between beheadings. Then we could say we are truely defending our country. Hey take it to the streets. Got to revolution. This aint 1968. Wake the hell up! Oh and what is this war based on? The three thousand lives lost on 9/11. Or should we write them off as unimportant ? Where is cindy for them ? No camp trade center for that loss. All I can say is God bless America it's the worlds last chance and ours.

What does Iraq have to do with 9/11? Even Bush's staunch defenders say the war has nothing to do with 9/11 even though he alludes to it continually.

YOU should WAKE UP!

So, a Federal Judge APPOINTED by Bush resigns in protest of Buysh's actions yet you see nothing wrong? Is it alcohol, drugs, or just your red, white, and blue glasses that allow you skip through life with no concern for the truth?

It's  very obvious from your posts that your 'facts' are a bit muddled. That truly 'free' election has been mared by fraud and it has established Iraq as another Islamic theocracy. Great job!

But, the UN just reviewed the election and said there was no need for a re-vote. You libs like the UN. So my question to you is what "fraud" are we referring to? Or is this another attempt to ignore fact and advance liberal propoganda??

Guest Studies and Observations
It's  very obvious from your posts that your 'facts' are a bit muddled. That truly 'free' election has been mared by fraud and it has established Iraq as another Islamic theocracy. Great job!

And if it DOES end up as a theocracy, at least it was determined by the PEOPLE themselves Rad...it's their country they SHOULD have the ability to choose the Govt they want, and the system they operate under.

Guest Radagast
But, the UN just reviewed the election and said there was no need for a re-vote.  You libs like the UN.  So my question to you is what "fraud" are we referring to?  Or is this another attempt to ignore fact and advance liberal propoganda??

It isn't 'liberal propaganda' that 20,000 Iraqis were marching in the streets of Baghdad protesting the fraud in the election. It isn't 'liberal propaganda' that all of the Sunni political parties have rejected the election and may boycott the new parliment.

Yeah, I like the UN, however, this particular envoy happens to have his head up his butt if he can't see that there is a problem. You guys had no problem stomping all over the UN when they disagreed with your blood lust for a war in 2003 but now they're ok? I love it! And BushCo has still not done anything wrong? What a guy! Maybe we should just elect him God next time since he's already acting like King George (III?) there just doesn't seem to be a suitable title for someone as omnisient as W.

It isn't 'liberal propaganda' that 20,000 Iraqis were marching in the streets of Baghdad protesting the fraud in the election. It isn't 'liberal propaganda' that all of the Sunni political parties have rejected the election and may boycott the new parliment.

Yeah, I like the UN, however, this particular envoy happens to have his head up his butt if he can't see that there is a problem. You guys had no problem stomping all over the UN when they disagreed with your blood lust for a war in 2003 but now they're ok? I love it! And BushCo has still not done anything wrong? What a guy! Maybe we should just elect him God next time since he's already acting like King George (III?) there just doesn't seem to be a suitable title for someone as omnisient as W.

I'm still not OK with the UN, if you got that idea, you were mistaken. The bloodlust is yours towards Bush and all things conservatives. Bush has made mistakes; he spends too much of our money, government has grown too large again. As for people taking to the streets, we've had people complain about the last two presidential elections--- they've been wrong, but they're entitled to B**ch if it makes them feel better.

Coincidentally, Brokaw and Koppel were on "Meet the Press" this week. They both claimed that after 2003 they believe Clinton would have also gone into Iraq. My point is simple, but I'll spell it out. Democrats and Republicans all believed that he was a serious threat. This was agreed upon and your 20/20 hindsight cannot and will not change that.

Rad, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. And that's the ballgame.

Guest See the truth
What does Iraq have to do with 9/11?  Even Bush's staunch defenders say the war has nothing to do with 9/11 even though he alludes to it continually.

YOU should WAKE UP!

It has everything to do with Iraq. The entire middle east is a hot bed of hate. Do you think this problem will go away if we pull out? The stage was set on 9/11 and that was only the start of things to come. Think what you will, but you can't deny the clear and present danger that exists and is directed at the western way of life. Dubya or no Dubya

W W

It has everything to do with Iraq. The entire middle east is a hot bed of hate. Do you think this problem will go away if we pull out? The stage was set on 9/11 and that was only the start of things to come. Think what you will, but you can't deny the clear and present danger that exists and is directed at the western way of life. Dubya or no Dubya

W                W

Gee, 15/19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, there's been no solid evidence linking Saddam's regime to 9/11, we are supporting the adoption of a constitution and a government that may well wind up being led by an ayahtollah like America hating zealot and you think this is a good thing? Pardon me if I don't share your enthusiasm. Even though much time has passed your response still appears to be a knee jerk reaction, let's go attack someone, anyone, in the area, might make you feel good short term but doesn't have any long term thought behind it.

I'm still not OK with the UN, if you got that idea, you were mistaken.  The bloodlust is yours towards Bush and all things conservatives.  Bush has made mistakes; he spends too much of our money, government has grown too large again.  As for people taking to the streets, we've had people complain about the last two presidential elections--- they've been wrong, but they're entitled to B**ch if it makes them feel better.

Coincidentally, Brokaw and Koppel were on "Meet the Press" this week.  They both claimed that after 2003 they believe Clinton would have also gone into Iraq.  My point is simple, but I'll spell it out.  Democrats and Republicans all believed that he was a serious threat.  This was agreed upon and your 20/20 hindsight cannot and will not change that.

Rad, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.  And that's the ballgame.

You're wasting your breath on Rad and the rest of the Bush hate crowd. Their argument boils down to this; we hate Bush. Everything he does is wrong and evil. This war is some way going to get him personal gain.

Of course they always lack any alternative solutions.

If they are hopeful for a Democratic take back of the government in the next elections, they better be happy with the local wins of Santos and crowd, because nationally the Dems bring nothing to the table.

And BTW, it's not just because Willy got a BJ.

Guest Radagast
I'm still not OK with the UN, if you got that idea, you were mistaken.  The bloodlust is yours towards Bush and all things conservatives.  Bush has made mistakes; he spends too much of our money, government has grown too large again.  As for people taking to the streets, we've had people complain about the last two presidential elections--- they've been wrong, but they're entitled to B**ch if it makes them feel better.

Coincidentally, Brokaw and Koppel were on "Meet the Press" this week.  They both claimed that after 2003 they believe Clinton would have also gone into Iraq.  My point is simple, but I'll spell it out.  Democrats and Republicans all believed that he was a serious threat.  This was agreed upon and your 20/20 hindsight cannot and will not change that.

Rad, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.  And that's the ballgame.

Loki (? I assume that's you)

I am not conservative, obviously, but I have respect for conservative ideals and thought. I've never been a fan of the attack dog style of the Rush's and O'Reilly's but they are more entertainers than serious commentators. Give me the old days of William F. Buckley in his prime. Back in school, I could stake out a pretty good devil's advocate argument in debates against liberals. There is nothing conservative about spending billions of dollars each month on a war that serves no interest of the United States.

Brokaw and Koppel saying Clinton would have invaded is meaningless. Now, if Clinton said it, then you'd have something. Saying 'Democrats and Republicans all agreed' doesn't make anything 'fact'. The Congress was either lied to or at least misled by faulty intel. Bush had conflicting intel, at best, he shared only what made his case for war. There is enough information out there now to prove that BushCo chose to believe Chalabi and others rather than what some in their own CIA were telling them. Was there an effort to manufactur a reason to go to war? I think time will tell that there was, if not by Bush himself surely by the neocon subculture that invaded the White House under him. You can't just pick and choose when Bush was the Commander-in-Chief making a decison to go to war and point fingers at Congress and everyone else when your decision is wrong. Bush made the decision to invade Iraq long before Congress did. He screwed up and he is responsible for its result.

Gee, 15/19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, there's been no solid evidence linking Saddam's regime to 9/11, we are supporting the adoption of a constitution and a government that may well wind up being led by an ayahtollah like America hating zealot and you think this is a good thing?  Pardon me if I don't share your enthusiasm.  Even though much time has passed your response still appears to be a knee jerk reaction,  let's go attack someone, anyone, in the area, might make you feel good short term but doesn't have any long term thought behind it.

Knee jerk I don't think so. You still avoid dealing with the true issue here. This region is filled with people who would stop us from even haveing this forum. Listen I don't like war or the loss of young men and woman who think we are doing the right thing. But you my friend are not dealing with reality. Like I said before this aint Nam.

Knee jerk I don't think so. You still avoid dealing with the true issue here. This region is filled with people who would stop us from even haveing this forum. Listen I don't like war or the loss of young men and woman who think we are doing the right thing. But you my friend are not dealing with reality. Like I said before this aint Nam.

And these people still wouldn't stop us from having this forum after Saddam's gone? That's a VERY shaky assumption at this point, there's no reason to believe that Iraq under the theocracy being created will be US friendly so in the end what have we accomplished? Like I said, it may feel good to have hit someone but what of the long term?

You say "the region is filled", that's a very large area, why do you believe changing one small area is going to have a global effect? I'm just not willing to believe the arrogant little cowboy who well over two years ago said "mission accomplished" when in reality, if the mission is truly to bring stability to the area, is barely even started. I think if you are going to commit American blood you should think damn hard about what benefit it will have to America, I think thought and long range planning has been sorely lacking in this administration.

Archived