BLUE TIDE WINS!

Guest guest

ITS ABOUT TIME! EVEN THOUGH THEY BEAT A NOT SO GOOD EMERSON TEAM, AT LEAST IT WAS A WIN. HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HAVE A DECENT SEASON. AFTER ALL LANDY AND CREW HAVE BEEN THERE FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW AND I DON'T THINK THEYVE EVER HAD A WINNING SEASON. THEYVE GOT SOME TALENT AND SOME PRETTY GOOD ATHLETES SO THERE IS NO REASON THEY SHOULDNT WIN AT LEAST 5 GAMES THIS YEAR ESPECIALLY IN THE LEAGUE THEY PLAY IN. WEVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE 0 WINS AND 1 WIN SEASONS. ITS BEEN EMBARASSING LONG ENOUGH. BRING BACK PRIDE TO BLUE TIDE FOOTBALL

Guest 1986 Wing - T
ITS ABOUT TIME!  EVEN THOUGH THEY BEAT A NOT SO GOOD EMERSON TEAM, AT LEAST IT WAS A WIN.  HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HAVE A DECENT SEASON.  AFTER ALL LANDY AND CREW HAVE BEEN THERE FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW AND  I DON'T THINK THEYVE EVER HAD A WINNING SEASON.  THEYVE GOT SOME TALENT AND SOME PRETTY GOOD ATHLETES SO THERE IS NO REASON THEY SHOULDNT WIN AT LEAST 5 GAMES THIS YEAR  ESPECIALLY IN THE LEAGUE THEY PLAY IN.  WEVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE 0 WINS AND 1 WIN SEASONS.  ITS BEEN EMBARASSING LONG ENOUGH.  BRING BACK PRIDE TO BLUE TIDE FOOTBALL

Which Emerson did they beat? What was the score? How many players in uniform for the " Tide "?

ITS ABOUT TIME!  EVEN THOUGH THEY BEAT A NOT SO GOOD EMERSON TEAM, AT LEAST IT WAS A WIN.  HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HAVE A DECENT SEASON.  AFTER ALL LANDY AND CREW HAVE BEEN THERE FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW AND  I DON'T THINK THEYVE EVER HAD A WINNING SEASON.  THEYVE GOT SOME TALENT AND SOME PRETTY GOOD ATHLETES SO THERE IS NO REASON THEY SHOULDNT WIN AT LEAST 5 GAMES THIS YEAR  ESPECIALLY IN THE LEAGUE THEY PLAY IN.  WEVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE 0 WINS AND 1 WIN SEASONS.  ITS BEEN EMBARASSING LONG ENOUGH.  BRING BACK PRIDE TO BLUE TIDE FOOTBALL

Did they really win? Or is this a joke?

Guest GrayHairedBlueTider

My junior and senior years in the 60's, we had one loss each year. You won't

see those kind of teams anymore. The lack of fields where pee wee and junior

leagues can play and develop football skills puts Harrison kids at a disadvantage.

The town (mayor and council) did the kids of this town a great disservice by

not reserving part of the redevelopment area for a sports field. The next time

you see the mayor or a councilperson, be sure to thank them.

Congrats boys. job well done

Which Emerson did they beat? What was the score? How many players in uniform for the " Tide "?

A SUB PAR EMERSON BORO. SOME NEW FACES FOR THE TIDE. TRANSFER FROM NEWARK PRETTY GOOD. QB -DECENT. I THINK THEY WON BY A TD. SHOULD HAVE WON BY MORE, ALMOST BLEW IT AT THE END. LETS SEE IF THEY CAN GET A FEW MORE WINS . IF NOT, IT MAY BE TIME FOR CURRENT STAFF TO MOVE ON.

pride? how about respect and dignity! these town fathers have failed it's youth. rather then building these section 8 homes, stop and think about the future,THE KIDS!

My junior and senior years in the 60's, we had one loss each year.  You won't

see those kind of teams anymore.  The lack of fields where pee wee and junior

leagues can play and develop football skills puts Harrison kids at a disadvantage.

The town (mayor and council) did the kids of this town a great disservice by

not reserving part of the redevelopment area for a sports field. The next time

you see the mayor or a councilperson, be sure to thank them.

absolutely right there, buddy. it's horrible what they did to the pee wee football.

they wish it should go away. same with the baseball. they can't even run a decent soccer program. have to get outsiders and private clubs. it will only get worse.

CONGRATS????? These teams don't have losing seasons they have losing decades!!!!...Only town I know of that keeps the same coaches after YEARS of losing...and now that they are in a simple league..people are happy that they win....great competition....just like life..you must prove yourself and not be pampered...

CONGRATS????? These teams don't have losing seasons they have losing decades!!!!...Only town I know of that keeps the same coaches after YEARS of losing...and now that they are in a simple league..people are happy that they win....great competition....just like life..you must prove yourself and not be pampered...

At least, win or lose, the coaches do it for the kids and for the love of the game. They put the time in every day at practices and every friday nite. Don't knock that. If you can do better, then get your teaching certificate (after getting your GED,) then give it a try yourself. Harrison isn't the football town it was long ago, but the kids are out there every week doing their best; so give them a break. I was at the game vs. Emerson - they did a good job!

absolutely right there, buddy.  it's horrible what they did to the pee wee football.

they wish it should go away. same with the baseball.  they can't even run a decent soccer program. have to get outsiders and private clubs.  it will only get worse.

I don't see you volunteering your time to make these programs successful

You try to volunteer, then they tell you that they are in charge (Villata), they do not appreciate the volunteers that come out, too many chiefs in this corrupted town. If only they would consider the youth of Harrison instead of themseves, then and only then would this Recreation Program be successfull, in every sport not only the one (soccer) that the councilman wants to be successfull. We have many kids that want to participate in programs, but no place to run these programs.

Good job Blue Tide Football and wish you a successfull season.

i don't think you can volunteer. i always get turned away. everybody gets turned away. here's an idea - maybe the people in charge can turn things around. gotta care first. maybe an open door policy with an actual open door. but hey i'm probably just talking outta my ass, huh?

Yes, Congratulations BOYS! The team should be congratulated on a job well done.

It's a start, build from there. Congrats to all the players who earned that win and supported it's efforts. Put the politics and know it all BS aside for the moment and celebrate it for what it is - high school kids winning a football game. As if they have much say anyway in how things are run or who runs them. Those kids put it out there week after week with one goal in mind - don't take it away from them by saying they were "pampered" and didn't have to work hard to reach it.

At least, win or lose, the coaches do it for the kids and for the love of the game.  They put the time in every day at practices and every friday nite.  Don't knock that.  If you can do better, then get your teaching certificate (after getting your GED,) then give it a try yourself.  Harrison isn't the football town it was long ago, but the kids are out there every week doing their best; so give them a break.  I was at the game vs. Emerson - they did a good job!

i agree that harrison is not the football town it used to be but the coaches have been there for at least 7 or 8 years- plenty of time to come up with at least a few more wins over all of those seasons. i know there have been some decent athletes who have played and even then, they didn't win games!

Shut the hell up and coach the team yourself...ahole!!!!

The Bcsl National is not a simple league.....only you are.

At least, win or lose, the coaches do it for the kids and for the love of the game.  They put the time in every day at practices and every friday nite.  Don't knock that.  If you can do better, then get your teaching certificate (after getting your GED,) then give it a try yourself.  Harrison isn't the football town it was long ago, but the kids are out there every week doing their best; so give them a break.  I was at the game vs. Emerson - they did a good job!

Very well said, too bad not many people think before they speak, You are obviously one of the few who actually has an education.

A SUB PAR EMERSON BORO.  SOME NEW FACES FOR THE TIDE.  TRANSFER FROM NEWARK PRETTY GOOD.  QB -DECENT. I THINK THEY WON BY A TD.  SHOULD HAVE WON BY MORE, ALMOST BLEW IT AT THE END.  LETS SEE IF THEY CAN GET A FEW MORE WINS .  IF NOT, IT MAY BE  TIME FOR CURRENT STAFF TO MOVE ON.

Do you still feel the same way after the big win over Lyndhurst??

Like what was already said, If you think you can do better, Go get your GED, then

get certified, and then you can get the thankless job of coaching there. You can

believe that nobody is breaking down JR's door for the job.

Do you still feel the same way after the big win over Lyndhurst??

big win???? Lyndhurst is horrible this year! (and you almost lost ) beat a St. Mary's, Secaucus, or one of the better teams and then you can come on here and brag. better yet, have a winning season for once. after all, you have the athletes this year, so theres no more excuses!

big win????  Lyndhurst is horrible this year!  (and you almost lost ) beat a St. Mary's, Secaucus, or one  of the  better teams  and then you can come on here and brag.  better yet, have a winning season for once.  after all, you have the athletes this year, so theres no more excuses!

You shouldn't be running your mouth...You don't know too much about Lyndhurst.

Finally, give the kids and coaches credit, as the team is exceeding expectations.

big win????  Lyndhurst is horrible this year!  (and you almost lost ) beat a St. Mary's, Secaucus, or one  of the  better teams  and then you can come on here and brag.  better yet, have a winning season for once.  after all, you have the athletes this year, so theres no more excuses!

Way to go....putting down the kids, get a life!!!!

68178[/snapback]

Who are the atheletes this year?? the O-line averages about 170?? YOU have NO clue!!!