Lets Talk About Millan for Mayor

Guest TBA Harrison

Guest Keeping harrison Beautiful
2002/08/08 Jersey Journal

Thu Pg 13, 237 words 

Sept. 7 walk in West Hudson Park  ... all the town's trees, including those that are causing problems with sewers and sidewalks. Following this survey, annual funds expected to come in vary between $12,000 and $14,000 to cover the costs of removal and planting of trees. Town Councilman Anselmo Millan originally applied for the grant in June 1998.... 

Keeping Harrison Beautiful

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest own community and neighboring to
2002/09/12

Jersey Journal

Thu Pg 10, 56 words 

CAPTION  (Photo)

... Community award HARRISON - Harrison Councilman Anselmo Millan, left, recently received a merit award from the Newark Public Library. The award, from the Eurolatinamerican Group of New Jersey, is bestowed upon a person who gave time and service to his own community and neighboring towns. Giving the award to Millan is Aramis Cantonnet.... 

Guest Not affraid to take on Mayor and
2002/10/30 Jersey Journal

Wed Pg 2, 462 words 

Democratic split shakes up Harrison council elections 

Rose Duger, Journal correspondent

... Journal correspondent HARRISON - The races for two council seats are shaping up as a showdown between feuding factions of the local Democratic party. In the First and Second wards, incumbent Democrats are facing independents aligned with Councilman Anselmo Millan, a Democrat who has broken away from the local party. Independent council candidates Nilda Perez in the First Ward and Antonio Silva in the Second Ward acknowledged that Millan invited them to run against incumbents O J.... 

To bad they lost!!

At least Millan had the Balls to say, enough is enough these corupt people gotta go!

Guest Ignorant Mayor (This one is good
2002/12/09 Jersey Journal

Mon Pg 7, 525 words 

Rival factions in Harrison at odds over holiday lights

... the local HarrisonFest Inc. committee are saying "Bah, humbug" because they claim a political feud has excluded them from their holiday tradition of decking the halls in Harrison's main shopping districts. The HarrisonFest volunteers are aligned with Anselmo Millan, a Democratic councilman who publicly split several months ago from the majority of Democrats. Last summer, Millan was stripped of several committee chairmanships, including the Beautification Committee, while he was...

not only millan, but the whole town of harrison, as those committees & boards disolved soon after

The Harrison Fest donated the Christmas Lights, now the town takes the money out of the Budget, and you wanna talk about not having money for a Halloween Parade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Concerned about Public Health
2003/01/16 Jersey Journal

Thu Pg 8, 206 words 

Next antenna bout Wednesday 

... application by Nextel to place wireless phone antennas atop a building on Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard. A first hearing on the application in December drew a crowd of more than 70, thanks in large part to resident Julie Walsh and Harrison Councilman Anselmo Millan, who rushed to inform people of the telecommunication firm's proposal. Nextel wants to place 12 antennas on the roof of 508 Rodgers Blvd. to cover a gap in service. The company also has antennas on Middlesex Street and... 

That was one person who works for the town trying to cash in and put anttennas above his house, with no concern of Health Issues

Guest Mayor Keeps Attacking Millan
2003/01/23 Jersey Journal

Thu Pg 11, 568 words 

No peace for the Neighborhood Preservation Program 

Steve Rosenberg, Journal staff writer

... board. McDonough admitted that letters should have been sent out to former NPP committee members, but said he announced at two consecutive council meetings that a new committee was going to be formed. "I met with members of the state NPP, Councilman (Anselmo) Millan and NPP Coordinator Thomas Powell and made my intentions known that I was going to appoint a new board," said McDonough. He added that board could be no more than 15 members and that 51 percent had to be from the district.... 

GOOD JOB McDONOUGH, AS WE SEE THERE NO LONGER IS A NPP IN THE TOWN OF HARRISON

Oh Yea, this article calls Tom Powell NPP cordinator, when every other article listed earlier list MILLAN!!!! What a mistake!!!

Guest Sad day, but he keeps working
2004/01/02 Jersey Journal

Fri Pg 1, 68 words  CAPTION 

... 8 Journal photo by Bill Bayer He'll be back Former Harrison Councilman Anselmo Millan stands in front of the Cordillera Restaurant in Harrison, one of the first that joined a program he started that offers local businesses low-cost loans for facade improvements. Although he finished his fourth term as a Second Ward councilman in town Wednesday, he vows to come back to local politics. See story, Page 3.... 

Thats the way to keep your chin up!!

Guest This is how I started off
2005/02/12 Jersey journal

Sat Pg 1, 822 words 

Scores of Harrison homes may be razed for schools 

... supplement, as well as moving expenses. "A number of people use that money and make a down payment for a house. We encourage that," Ahern said of the rent subsidies. The loss of so many homes may mean a big loss of ratables for Harrison, according to Anselmo Millan, a former Harrison councilman. Millan estimated that the town would lose between $600,000 and $700,000 in ratables. "The Town of Harrison is a distressed city. We receive aid from the state, and now we're losing ratables,"... 

Damb that guys good!

Guest can someone else step up and sho

MILLAN Has alway said "I stand on my Record". Many in this town will run from their record. I challenge someone to show me another candidate, who has done as much or more for this town. The web site I went for this info is as follows:

http://wawa.starledger.com/texis/search/+G...wwA/search.html

How Much more I found when I spelt his name Anselmo MiLan, with one "L"

why do we want to recycle old councilman and names. doesn't anyone new with integrity want to step up. lets get a whole new group of people not the same old same old.

Thank's for putting that brick sign accross from WENDY'S Mayor McDonough, now Millan will have to find another location to put his town Christmas decorations....

too bad the cosme's were east newark residents at the time. sure seek out out of towners to build yourself up.who else were the out of towners? midget man, we want no moore midgets here.

Guest Mayor Lost this idea too

To Corruption through the Re-Development Agency

1999/06/22 Jersey Journal

Tue Pg 3, 556 words 

Merchants agree to new SID tax to make Harrison new 'in' place to be  Tony Attrino, Journal correspondent

... Tony Attrino, Journal correspondent Town may become the next Hoboken HARRISON - Can this one-time industrial town become Hudson County's newest trendy spot? That's what some people think can happen as a result of a special improvement district approved by the town council at a special Friday night meeting. "We can turn Harrison into another Hoboken, 10 minutes away," said Steve McCormack, owner of a clothing store on Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard. "Harrison, when it's spruced up,... 

Steve, what happened??? Tom Powell & the Mayor??

why do we want to recycle old councilman and names.  doesn't anyone new with integrity want to step up.  lets get a whole new group of people not the same old same old.

You really got to keep taking your meds there, Mikey!!!

(No need for censoring here, KOTW.)

too bad the cosme's were east newark residents at the time. sure seek out out of towners to build yourself up.who else were the out of towners? midget man, we want no moore midgets here.
More name calling. Really I start to think it has something to do with a type of Harrison Characteristic. Try staying off the liquor and open your eyes to the truth. These post seem to created by someone who took some time, all backed up by newspaper articles. NOT BAD! FACTS. GOOD THINGS FOR HARRISON.

2001/01/13 Sat Pg 4, 341 words Snow melter gets the job done for Harrison

Rose Duger, Journal correspondent ... to remove, according to Tanski. Now, front-end loaders shovel the snow into the machine, which then sifts out garbage before flushing the water down sewers. The melter can handle 275 gallons of snow per minute, and can hold up to 2,000 gallons of water. Harrison's streets were completely clear of snow curb-to-curb by less than a week after the storm, officials said. "Because of the parking situation here, we don't have the luxury like some suburban towns of piling the snow in the...

2002/07/03 Jersey Journal

Wed Pg 5, 684 words 

Improvement program in Harrison plagued by infighting 

... in an advisory capacity. Elected officials say that after two years, the advisory board and a previous director had accomplished little in the way of improvements, and the state was ready to pull Harrison's funding. So they appointed a new director, Thomas Powell. "There were serious problems getting the program started," Powell said. "It was approved in 1999 and nothing happened. Trenton was getting ready to pull the program." Tempers flared as Powell began to move forward on... 

So then we can appoint a new re-development agency because since 1998, little has been done!!

I have an article from the Jersey Journal

The Title is:

'I'll be coming back,' Harrison's Millan says

It says:

Many of those projects were accomplished through grant funding and partnerships with the Harrison High School Environmental Club and the HarrisonFest Committee, a group chaired by Millan that organized a three-day multicultural festival in town, according to the councilman. With county and state assistance, Millan helped to found a program to rejuvenate the business district by offering low-cost loans for facade improvements to local stores. He and a group of supporters...

I can't wait!

Guest I'd rather see Pete Higgins&
I have an article from the Jersey Journal

The Title is:

'I'll be coming back,' Harrison's Millan says 

It says:

Many of those projects were accomplished through grant funding and partnerships with the Harrison High School Environmental Club and the HarrisonFest Committee, a group chaired by Millan that organized a three-day multicultural festival in town, according to the councilman. With county and state assistance, Millan helped to found a program to rejuvenate the business district by offering low-cost loans for facade improvements to local stores. He and a group of supporters... 

I can't wait!

Peter Higgins is the man! He made Harrison what it is. He will also make it what it will be. He has what it takes for success plus honesty and careing. He may have lost his Council Post but he is the Mayor's right hand.

You can keep Doran and Millan Higgins should be the next Mayor of Harrison!

Guest Guest_Neighbor_*
Peter Higgins is the man! He made Harrison what it is. He will also make it what it will be. He has what it takes for success plus honesty and careing. He may have lost his Council Post but he is the Mayor's right hand.

You can keep Doran and Millan Higgins should be the next Mayor of Harrison!

Thank you Mrs. Higgins.

Guest Not Mrs. Higgins!
Thank you Mrs. Higgins.

I can only say what I know to be the truth. Pete is a real leader.

Look what he did when he was with the Board of Ed. It has never ran as well as it did with him there.

As councilman he learned from Frank Rodgers. He went on to help our present Mayor gain and hold his position.

He runs the redevelopment and oversees the construction of the new High School.

The accomplishments of all the others pale in the light of Peters accomplishments.

I'm sure he has his faults but then who doesen't. He is what is needed for Harrison!

Guest Trick or Treat
I can only say what I know to be the truth. Pete is a real leader.

Look what he did when he was with the Board of Ed. It has never ran as well as it did with him there.

As councilman he learned from Frank Rodgers. He went on to help our present Mayor gain and hold his position.

He runs the redevelopment and oversees the construction of the new High School.

The accomplishments of all the others pale in the light of Peters accomplishments.

I'm sure he has his faults but then who doesen't. He is what is needed for Harrison!

Halloween isn't for another 2 weeks, so stop joking. The Harrison Board of education is at it's worst. As a whole, the town is rated in the lower 50% of our kids education standards state wide. We've had trailors as classrooms and PETER HIGGINS IS ALL FOR PUTTING A NEW SCHOOL ON CONTAMINATED LAND AND TRYING TO RUSH THE PROCESS. The re-development has started in 1999 and nothings been done. Don't mention the Hotel, because that property wasn't in the re-development zone until 2001. All this Re-development has done is wasted tax payers money paying the Mayor's brother-in-law (the lawyer) and other lawyers. He should retire, and take the Mayor with him. I would rather vote Doran in for mayor if Milan doesn't run.

• 2 weeks later...

millan, this beatup past useless piece of garbage, when will you people stop beating this dead horse. he lost at the last race and is long overdue at the glue factory. lets put this one trick pony to sleep!!!!!!.

Archived