Halloween Parade

Guest Guest_Mary Hoey_*

That is the best post this web site has ever seen!

It's really too bad you didn't identify yourself. I'd be the first to shake your hand and have a cup of coffee with you. Sorrily many who read your post will cubby-hole you as some kind of fanatical protectionist. However your points are well intended and taken. Perhaps some who identify with your descriptions will actually take to heart your intended meanings and try to assilimate into society as an immigrant who is grateful for the right to work and better themselves and their families. I doubt that will happen, but ever the optomist, I can only hope. Thank you for the opportunity to engage in a discussion that affects ALL citizens on the USA.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how his family may feel about it but what a great tribute it would be to bring back the Halloween parade in honor of him.  I didn't  know the man but I hear he was gentleman of gentlemen.

Don't believe everything you hear.

Guest Barney Fife
Honey ,riff raff is riff raff whether they speak english or not .....so i guess you rather be raped or killed by an english speaking person ,,,What?  Do you need to feel connected with the riff raff? .....there is good and bad in every race , for some reason caucasians blame all the problems of the country on the other races ....they forget that in this country 65% of the inmates are white ...and all but one of the seriel killers is white ....the country is run by ....you guessed it a " white president" ...Im sorry to have made this a racial issue , but im sick and tired of the hispanics getting blames for everything.

Prison Statistics

Summary findings | BJS publications | Selected statistics |

Also by BJS staff | Related sites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary findings

On June 30, 2006--

-- 2,245,189 prisoners were held in Federal or State prisons or in local jails -- an increase of 2.8% from midyear 2005, less than the average annual growth of 3.4% since yearend 1995.

-- there were an estimated 497 prison inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents -- up from 411 at yearend 1995.

-- the number of women under the jurisdiction of State or Federal prison authorities increased 4.8% from midyear 2005, reaching 111,403 and the number of men rose 2.7%, totaling 1,445,115.

At yearend 2005 there were 3,145 black male sentenced prison inmates per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,244 Hispanic male inmates per 100,000 Hispanic males and 471 white male inmates per 100,000 white males.

In 2003 there were an estimated 650,400 State prisoners serving time for a violent offense. State prisons also held an estimated 262,000 property offenders and 250,900 drug offenders.

Click on the chart to view full sized version.

Most serious offense Percent of sentenced

State inmates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1995 2003

Total 100 % 100 %

Violent 47 52

Property 23 21

Drug 22 20

Public-order 9 7

I think you have your races backward.

On purpose??

Yeah and you know this because ....you were there?,  or because your history teacher taught it to you.  Not all immigrants from today come here illegally , just so you know. And the reason the immigrants from YESTERYEAR came here legally is because in YESTERYEAR this country had an open door policy , that  let everyone in with visas and if you had kids here you were automatically eligible to become a resident. yes times are diffrent , and of course crime is worse.

But you speak as the crime from before was ok ,crime is crime,whether it was 75 yrs ago or 75 min ago ...I think WE the people should stop complaining and do something about the situation most people complain about crime and the issues in town but no one tries to change it , report kids walking outside late , volunteer in school functions ,pick up trash in the street if you see it , kids learn from us , have you seen half of the parents now , they dont care what their kids do, it not a racial issue it happens with anyone . Moms work now before they stood home , kid are home alone to do whatever they want.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!! ARE THEY WORKING AND LEAVING THE KIDS ALONG OR ARE THEY HOME WITH THE KIDS AND GETTING WELLFARE?

So when you say organized crime didnt kill innocent people, what do you say to the families of the dead who were killed while they were eating in restaurants that were being shot at ...please respond i woul dl ike to hear that

American history as learnt from da movies. Gotta love dat.

O how conviniently we forget that there was a time when those same light skinned people were coming off the ships in the NY harbour..and  .Ellis island being treated like lepers...and from what Ive read those WHITE EUROPEAN people were the riff raff of IRELAND,ITALY AND POLAND...the immigration problem was bad then too ...but everyone forgets those days because the riff raff was white ......boy I know that the past is the past and we should live and the here and know but not much has changed ...there was plenty of crime, teenage pregnancies , rapes and drugs ... it was just all hidden and the crime was ORGANIZED. SO please dont talk about anyone whose skin is not white enough,,,, this is america ...if you only want to see white skin them move your a.. to GERMANY...dont forget to shave your head .......

The WHITE British in the 1600's came here first, before the darker skinned immigrants; so before they go to Germany, the LAST ONES HERE should be the FIRST to leave. Whos's got more seniority? (the last one hired is the first one laid off)

I'm tired of reading on this site, and in the newspapers about immigrants wanting to come here to make a better life for themselves, and how we all are here because our parents / grandparents / great-grandparents etc were immigrants.

First, they came here LEGALLY....meaning they got on a ship / plane whichever,  came to the USA, went and got their papers to stay and MOST became AMERICAN citizens.

They did not come here on a raft / jump a fence / hide in a trunk of a car etc and go get the modern day "papers"....WELFARE! That's called ILLEGAL!

Second, they came here and WORKED...appreciated the American way of life, AND RESPECTED this country.

They didn't have welfare / foodstamps / WIC handed to them. Nor were they able to get an apartment at a lower rent, called Section 8. Yes there are Americans (white, black, polish, irish, hispanic ALL LEGAL) that are on welfare but I can guarantee you; you go to any welfare office in the USA and you will see the AMERICANS are in the minority in that office.

Third, they learned the English language which, if you didn't notice is the language we Americans have used as our primary language.

Fourth, crime, for starters the people involved in "organized crime" did NOT kill / maime / injure INNOCENT people with a drive - by / stray bullet etc....they killed / hurt each other ~  NOT innocent women / children / men walking down the street minding their business, being shot so a person can get "initiated" into their gang....or because of the color of their clothing or the way they walked or because they looked at somebody. The "riff-raff" you speak of fought with their fist, NOT guns. Of course the riff-raff I speak of had their battles with the Ghetto Boys. NEVER seen a gun amongst them. As for "shaving heads" to move to Germany, one only needs to move to Anytown USA and see EVERY ethnic race with shaved heads.

When the people came from Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain etc they were NOT given an option to PRESS 1 for English PRESS 2 for German PRESS 3 for Italian etc. And ALL these other luxuries the ILLEGAL people are getting. So, if anything I would say my paternal grandparents and maternal great-grandparents were discrimnated against.

So, let me put this ALL in perspective for you.

Immigrants of yesteryear, came here LEGALLY. Immigrants of yesteryear WORKED to better themselves NOT DEMAND more from us. Immigrants of yesteryear were PROUD to be Americans. Immigrants of yesterday were THANKFUL for the opportunity that was GIVEN them. Immigrants of yesteryear LEARNED the ENGLISH language. Immigrants of yesteryear made the USA what it is today....NOT sucked it dry e.g. medical / welfare / ALL insurance.

You can construe this as being racist and if being against ILLEGAL people entering MY country taking MY money and ABUSING OUR system, makes me a racist....then so be it.....I'll be known as a racist against ILLEGAL PEOPLE entering this country ILLEGALLY from which ever country they came from.

I remember going to school with LEGAL immigrants from Poland, Portugal and Spain...who were PROUD to be here, and RESPECTED people and our country. But not the ILLEGAL people coming today, MOST are looking for the AMERICAN DREAM....a WELFARE CHECK AND FREE RIDE.

Okay, Im off my soapbox....I'm sure there are some who will dissect my grammar / spelling etc but people that have a BRAIN, will understand my point.

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!! I'LL 'RESPECT' ANY IMMIGRANT WHO PAYS HIS PLANE or SHIIP FARE; CAME HERE WITH THE CORRECT 'LEGAL' ENTRANCE DOCUMENTS; TRIED HARD TO LEARN ENGLISH; and IS 'PROULD' TO PUT AMERICA 1ST AS HIS 'ADOPTED' COUNTRY and WILL WORK 2 JOBS IF NECESSARY BY HAVING TOO MUCH 'SELF-RESPECT'-PRIDE' TO COLLECT 'WLEFARE'.

Honey ,riff raff is riff raff whether they speak english or not .....so i guess you rather be raped or killed by an english speaking person ,,,What?  Do you need to feel connected with the riff raff? .....there is good and bad in every race , for some reason caucasians blame all the problems of the country on the other races ....they forget that in this country 65% of the inmates are white ...and all but one of the seriel killers is white ....the country is run by ....you guessed it a " white president" ...Im sorry to have made this a racial issue , but im sick and tired of the hispanics getting blames for everything.

SO IF THEY CLAIM TO NOT BE WANTED HERE, 'WHY' DID THEY BOTHER COMING HERE WHEN THE 'WHITES' CAME BEFORE THEM TO THE US & CANADA; WHILE THE HISPANICS HAD THE 'WHOLE' VAST, SOUTH & CENTRAL AMERICA WITH THE SAME SPANISH LANGUAGE THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE CONTINENT?

BIG LOADS OF NORTH AMERICAN WHITES WERE NOT BUSY IMMIGRATING INTO THE 'HISPANIC'S LARGE, NATIVE SOUTH AMERICAN, SPANISH SPEAKING TERRITORTY; ONLY THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Nothing negative has been said about hard working immigrants bustings their butts for what they got.  The problem is is that is you are Indian, African, Spanish, or certain other other groups you have a better chance of hitting the lottery than getting on the payroll in Harrison.  Jobs are not posted, resumes are not considered and race is DEFINATELY an issue.  Positions are created, not opened for the best candidate.  Just look at Tom Powell and you can see this.  What does he do? Was the position posted?  Were resumes considered? HELL NO!!  He is white and the Mayors little yes man, thats all.  I know you will never see this post but at least I got to blow offf some steam.  OK moderator, you can censor it now.

THERE ARE HISPANICS WORKING IN THE TOWN HALL, STREET DEPT. & AS TEACHERS IN TOWN. THERE ALSO IS A CHINESE & AND AN NEAR-EASTERN MUSLIM LADY WHO WEARS HER RELLIGION'S HAGIB ON THE HEAD, EMPLOYED ON THE 1ST FL IN TOWN HALL.

THERE ARE HISPANICS WORKING IN THE TOWN HALL, STREET DEPT. & AS TEACHERS IN TOWN. THERE ALSO IS A CHINESE & AND AN NEAR-EASTERN MUSLIM LADY WHO WEARS HER RELLIGION'S HAGIB ON THE HEAD, EMPLOYED ON THE 1ST FL IN TOWN HALL.

yOU TELL THEM.THIS TOWN IS NOT RACIEST. MOST PEOPLE WORKING FOR THE TOWN WHERE WHITE WHEN THE TOWN WAS WHITE MAJORITY, NOW THAT THE TOWN IS LATINO AND HISPANIC MAJORITY YOU SEE MORE AND MORE OF THEM WORKING FOR THE TOWN BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IS NEEDED. WHEN THEY HIRE MORE COPS YOU WILL SEE MORE AND MORE HISPANIC AND LATINO AND MAYBE CHINESE[ IF THEY APPLY??] BECAUSE THEY ARE BECOMMING THE MAJORITY.

Harrison has been going through some changes that I feel are the end of this town as we know it. It is being absorbed by the big cities that border it. It is almost like a new ward for Newark or Jersey City. If you haven't noticed the influx of many non citizens or aliens. It has become like a market bazzar with its many types of people and products, and with the various languages it has overrun this town. The number of thug types are roaming the streets and safety should be a concern for us all. I've also noticed the exit of many of our locals who have lived and raised their families here and have thrown in the towel because our town leaders have not implimented any progams to keep the town at a higher class of residents. Ordinances to control the amount of non resident home owners who have been maybe the bigger cause of this towns desend into the state it is in today. Stricter regulations to keep the town in a better condition are needed. A non-resident property owner shoud be made to pay a surtax that would go to a fund to keep this town in a better shape. They seem to be a larger cause of attracting a lower form of life to set up camp inside our borders and downgrade everybody's properties. <_<:):(:( All is lost if the people who control this town fall asleep on the job !!!!!!!!!!!! or maybe it's too late..................

YES.THOSE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE RUNNING THE COUNTRY NOW, AND THEY ARE TO BE BLAME FOR THE FOOD STAMPS, THE FREE SCHOOLS AND THE WELFARE.  IF YOU GO TO ANY OF THOSE COUNTRIES AND YOU HAVE CHILDREN THEY HAVE TO GO TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL , AND YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR HEALTH CARE AND YOU CAN NOT HOLD A JOB.

67990[/snapback]

I was born and raised in the United Kingdom. I came to the US as an adult with a collage education, that was not in a "private school". I have never been on the public dole and have a great job with wonderful benefits to pay for my health care here, back home, it was socialized medicine (free). I don't know why I am responding to your post, as it is quite evident that you are an uneducated, ignorant small minded individual. I will offer up a prayer for you tonight as you eat your dinner bought with food stamps and lay your head down in your rent subsidized apartment. I am a LEGAL IMMIGRANT raising my family in my lovely home that I work for. God Bless you and please open your mind and perhaps further your education to offer society something a bit more constructive. Try being a part of the solution and not continue on as a major problem in the USA. Stop being a burden on the taxpayers. Thank you. This was not meant to put you down, just a wee bit of constructive advise. Good luck

Harrison has been going through some changes that I feel are the end of this town as we know it.  It is being absorbed by the big cities that border it.  It is almost like a new ward for Newark or Jersey City.  If you haven't noticed the influx of many non citizens or aliens.  It has become like a market bazzar with its many types of people and products, and with the various languages it has overrun this town.  The number of thug types are roaming the streets and safety should be a concern for us all.  I've also noticed the exit of many of our locals who have lived and raised their families here and have thrown in the towel because our town leaders have not implimented any progams to keep the town at a higher class of residents.  Ordinances to control the amount of non resident home owners who have been maybe the bigger cause of this towns desend into the state it is in today.  Stricter regulations to keep the town in a better condition are needed.  A non-resident property owner shoud be made to pay a surtax that would go to a fund to keep this town in a better shape. They seem to be a larger cause of attracting a lower form of life to set up camp inside our borders and downgrade everybody's properties.  <_<  :(  :(  :(    All is lost if the people who control this town fall asleep on the job !!!!!!!!!!!!  or maybe it's too late..................

68245[/snapback]

HIGHER CLASS OF RESIDENTS? FOR THAT TO HAPPEN YOU SHOULD MOVE OUT. YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA THAT WE CAN UNDERSTAND YOU AND YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND US, PLEASE MOVE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really kind of funny to see how many racist people on this forum b**** and moan about the immigrants not speaking English yet.... those same posters can't even spell the most basic of words.

As an immigrant myself, I once again find my English to be better than that of the "Americans". I know this can't be blamed on the Harrison education system because I am also a product of that system.

I am so embarrassed to live in a town that is so blatantly racist and so terribly

illiterate. Usually, those two things go hand in hand.

It's really kind of funny to see how many racist people on this forum b**** and moan about the immigrants not speaking English yet.... those same posters can't even spell the most basic of words. 

As an immigrant myself, I once again find my English to be better than that of the "Americans".  I know this can't be blamed on the Harrison education system because I am also a product of that system. 

I am so embarrassed to live in a town that is so blatantly racist and so terribly

illiterate.  Usually, those two things go hand in hand.

68733[/snapback]

Well if you are so perfect and smart AGONY, what are you still doing living here??

As an immigrant myself, I once again find my English to be better than that of the "Americans".  I know this can't be blamed on the Harrison education system because I am also a product of that system. 

68733[/snapback]

I did see a small truck moving someone out of town!!!!!!!! I am sure that was you,

enjoy your new residing place in Oklahoma with the american indians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was born and raised in the United Kingdom. I came to the US as an adult with a collage education, that was not in a "private school". I have never been on the public dole and have a great job with wonderful benefits to pay for my health care here, back home, it was socialized medicine (free). I don't know why I am responding to your post, as it is quite evident that you are an uneducated, ignorant small minded individual. I will offer up a prayer for you tonight as you eat your dinner bought with food stamps and lay your head down in your rent subsidized apartment. I am a LEGAL IMMIGRANT raising my family in my lovely home that I work for. God Bless you and please open your mind and perhaps further your education to offer society something a bit more constructive. Try being a part of the solution and not continue on as a major problem in the USA. Stop being a burden on the taxpayers. Thank you. This was not meant to put you down, just a wee bit of constructive advise. Good luck

68602[/snapback]

i didn't see anything in the former comment to indicate that the person was collecting food stamps or living on subsidized housing. Perhaps I missed somthing. As you said, hard-working and law-abiding immigrants such as you, are a welcome asset to the country.

Well if you are so perfect and smart AGONY, what are you still doing living here??

68869[/snapback]

I don't think that i'm that perfect or that smart. I was making a point to all the bad spellers on this board who have an issue with the language skills of immigrants while their own English skills leave much to be desired.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think that i'm that perfect or that smart.  I was making a point to all the bad spellers on this board who have an issue with the language skills of immigrants while their own English skills leave much to be desired.

69141[/snapback]

How the hell did the topic of a Halloween Parade turn into this? :lol:

Looks like we may have our parade next year after all.....with a little help from the FBI, NJSP & A.G. - yeah baby!!!!!!! :wub:

How the hell did the topic of a Halloween Parade turn into this?  :lol:

Looks like we may have our parade next year after all.....with a little help from the FBI, NJSP & A.G. - yeah baby!!!!!!!  :wub:

70228[/snapback]

From your lips to Gods ears.

68733[/snapback]

So move!