WRITE IN MANGIN FOR MAYOR!!!

Guest VOTER

I used to think A. Realist's comments were witty and insightful. Now they just seem trite and self-serving. I'm sorry but I think these people are right in some of the things they say. You say deliberately hurtful untruths about certain people and then accuse others when they say hurtful things about others' families. Honestly, A. Realist is just as immature as those that unfairly criticize the Cifelli family. Please stop.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ms. K. DeRay
The Mayor is busy taking care of these people at the expense of the tax payers. Have you been to King Street lately. Their being well taken care of to assure he gets their votes. Go check it out. Get off this board and see what is happening around your comunity. Instead of shouting phrases and slogans get off your duff and see for your self. While your busy doing nothing but complaining he is busy geting things done! Like it or not. make an effort

Like it or not the Mayor did nothing to help the residents. The Mayor had no plan for five years . I have the facts and the public must know the truth. Mr. Mangin was the only person in the Town that supported and helped us.

Typical response. More lies. No back-up.

"So it's okay to borrow if you suggest it, but you voted against the sewer separation financing because it wasn't your idea?"

Of course it's okay to borrow. But we don't have to bond. Bonding should be a last resort. Borrowing from the EITF would've saved taxpayers money. I voted against the $11,000,000 sewer separation financing because the Mayor couldn't answer my question asking why in Aug 2003 our annual debt was $49 million when we filed an earlier report in April 2003 saying it was $65 million.  No one could answer, not the Mayor, Business Administrator or CFO. That's why I voted against it. You like to check things out. Check out Kearny's Annual Debt Statement filed in Aug 2003 and the Supplemental Debt Statement filed in April 2003. But I have to warn you - under OPRA it will cost you $1.50 for the copies. E-mail me and I'll send you copies for free.

"It took another six months to produce a plan for the pumping station, but take a guess at how long the application process would have been for EITF funding. How about twice as long? And with no guarantee of securing the funds"

More lies. We were pre-approved for the financing, thanks to the efforts of Ms. DeRay, Mrs. Santos and Mrs. Kennedy. They communicated regularly with the State. Contact Mr. Stanley Cach at the NJ DEP for verification. His e-mail address is stanley.cach@dep.state.nj.us. Mr. Cach will tell you what he told me, that the NJDEP would do everything in their power to get the Town of Kearny to fix this "deplorable situation."

When will you get it? You can lie and spin all you want. The Mayor and Council ignored these people for years! You can't change history.

And the worst part is, it still continues to this day.

Seriously, you really should stay away from this issue. You just can't sugarcoat raw sewage. Stick to other issues like paying Town employees who are in the military reserves. Whoops, forgot. You lost that one too.

Jim Mangin

JIMMY MANGIN!!! MY HERO!!!!

Like it or not the Mayor did nothing to help the residents. The Mayor had no plan for five years . I have the facts and the public must know the truth. Mr. Mangin was the only person in the Town that supported and helped us.

But is something being done right now? Please answer.

It won't work because people don't know how to do a write in vote. Plus! you'll need to be organized to pull it off. And that won't happen. Keep dreaming.

I just came home from voting and did a write for Mayor and Council. Tired of Mayor Santos and his lies. I VOTED FOR Mangin for Mayor.

Archived