Harrison Town Meeting

Guest TownMeetingObserver

Guest TownMeetingObserver

I appears that the Humphreys are back and being vocal at Harrison Town Meetings. Mr. Humphreys made some good points yesterday regarding the MetroStars and the planned redevelopment in Town. Has Mayor McDonough :blink: jumped the gun with announcements about the MetroStars are coming... the MetroStars are coming before he has gotten input from town residents...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Not a fan

Although I wasn't at the town meeting I'm sure a lot of interesting points were made against having the MetroStars move to Harrison. I am against having the stadium built in the town for several reasons (see copy of my original post pasted below). One main thing I neglected to mention was the traffic jams that will take over our town!!!!! We all know what the streets look like when Rt. 280 is congested - can you paint a pretty picture as to what it will look like with 10,000 - 15,000 people trying to get into the stadium - the town will be at a complete stand still. Word to our local government - think long and hard before you sign on the dotted line and don't let money influence your decision. :blink:

I hope not - right now the town officials are seeing nothing but $$$$ signs - they have no idea what type of crowd/trouble they are inviting into the town. I'm not putting them down but soccer fans are a unique bunch and once the games are over the crowd will spill out onto the streets and cause some problems. Town residents should think twice before they vote yes for the stadium.

I'm also curious to know if the new stadium plans on hosting the international games that are currently held at Giants Stadium. I don't think it will have the capacity or the town will have enough law enforcement to control such a crowd :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluetide

A soccer stadium owned by the Town of Harrison will be a financial drain on the Town's limited resources. What happens when it needs repair, such as new turf or seats. Who maintains the stadium?

Regarding traffic, the Police Department was never contacted to make a survey regarding the impact that traffic will have on Frank E. Rodgers Blvd. How do you get $25,000 people iin and out of that area? Mayor McDonough has been sold a bill of goods which will result in Town residents paying massive taxes in the future.

• 5 months later...
Guest Guest
HarrisonCitizen Posted: Sep 4 2003, 01:12 PM 

Group: Members

Member No.: 12

If they do come, I'll feel sorry everyone who lives there. The traffic over the bridge to newark is already a mess, imagine when game time comes around. As a soccer fan it would be nice to be a little closer, but to me the stadium, including the arena in the meadowlands are perfectly fine for me.

The good thing is most people can just take the Path.

Guest Guest
THE MAYOR IS DOING A DAMN GOOD JOB FOR HARRISON. ALTHOUGH SOME EMPLOYEES SHOULD BE QUESTIONED ON THERE LOYALTY TO THE MAYOR.
:lol::lol: SOME EMPLOYEES SHOULD BE QUESTIONED ON THERE LOYALTY TO THE MAYOR. What I owe the mayor because I work for the town. What I'm going to start kissing his a$$. The job needed to be filled and thats why I work. Getting invitations to political fundraisers with my paycheck is a joke. I am not scared of this mayor. He cann't threaten me. As far as the mayor doing a good job for Harrison. LOL what the F^(k are you possibly talking about??? :lol::P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Guest
No you are not afraid at all,that is why you spelled your name in capital letters.MORON
no, you spelled your name in capital letters
...MORON
ha :lol: ha :lol: ha :lol: ha :lol: ha :lol: If I would have spelled my name in capital letter people who kiss a$$ might have a problem with me. :lol: I wonder who would be a good candidate and how the mayor might try to cut him out like he did when Millan started getting popular. ooooohhhhhh :P

Guest Guest
1984.2. how about this

by wagthedog, 2/19/04 16:04 ET

Re: Harrison NJ by harrisonian, 2/19/04

the woman in charge of the senior center on harrison ave retires and quess what she gives her job to her daughter who has no experience with the same pay. great town!!!!

what people say about HARRISON YEAH THIS MAYOR IS DOING A HELL OF A JOB. THERE GOES YOUR TAX MONEY. SOMETHING THE MAYOR KNOWS HOW TO RAISE, BUT NOT PAY...../////////

Guest Guest

I can't believe no one has anything to say about the last town meeting. HELLO!!!!! HAS EVERYONE BEEN BRAIN WASHED BY THIS MAYOR AND COUNCIL Not that the Harrison Fire Dept. doesn't deserve credit, but can someone accurately tell me how many chief and captains we already have?? and how many firefighters?? The Mayor and the whole town council haven't a clue how to budget our money!!!!!

Guest Mrs Clark

Why have the meetings been moved to the third floor. I believe it's so they can make it more difficult for the people of Harrison to know whats going on in town. First they change the time, now they moved to a different room. hhhhuuuummmm :lol:

Guest HPD WITH RESPECT

United we Stand, United we will Fall. To all my fellow members of the Harrison Police Department, our Unity and Solidarity will get us through these troubled times.

We are the men who work our streets, and know the makeup of Harrison. Many of us have been with the Town of Harrison since Mayor Rodgers, a true man of his word, and we must now deal day after day with the current administration of idiots.

They are now talking about going against our contract and not allowing us to carry over vacation time! And now the word is that the Mayor wants to LAYOFF 20 of us, Brass included!!

We work too hard, with little thanks; to allow these idiots to destroy what little we have. Lets make our Goal for the weeks to come up with 50 Tickets per Tour. Lets hit them where it really hurts. I bet my life that when their phones start ringing off the hook they may change their mind!!!!!!

A simple search on Yahoo.Com White pages revealed the following home numbers. Lets get those ticket books out, and Harrison Residents, get those fingers Dialing!!

Mayor McDonough .(973)485-1230

Councilman Villata .Unlisted

Councilman Pettigrew .(973) 350-9647

Councilman Kelly .(973) 483-1437

Councilman Dolaghan .Unlisted

Councilman Di Salvo .Unlisted

Councilman Doran .(973) 483-1619

Councilman Rodgers .(973) 268-9623

Councilwoman Mandaglio .Unlisted

Guest Guest

This is why you dont get good contracts, idiots like you are speaking for the force and do it no justic. Do your self a favor, let the intelligent people of the harrison police department do the negotiating. If I didnt know better I would say your from the FOP, and you have a brother............

Guest Guest

Writing tickets won't hurt anyone but the people getting the tickets. And the town will have money coming in by these tickets. That is actually doing the town a favor by generating thousands of dollars for them. Boycott the parade Sunday.

Guest Guest

I've been a long time supporter of the Mayor and Council. I've voted for the machine in every election. The Mayor and Council's problem's stem from a lack of money. Unfortunately, the Mayor was a councilman prior to being Mayor and for the last ten years he has driven the town into the ground. If you believe he can lay off twenty cops, then you are as stupid as the Mayor. Alot of people are fed up and I can bet someone else will be sitting in his seat in 2006. Lets not forget the Nicole's deal, this was the start of the financial mess. Where did that money go? F**K THEM ALL, THEY HAVE PISSED OFF THEIR OWN. AS FAR AS THE FIRE CHIEF HE IS A FAT HIPPOCRITE, HE TOOK FOR HIMSELF AND NO WANTS TO TAKE FROM EVERYONE ELSE. I say all Harrison Town workers should unite and kick all their asses out of office. Ray go fix the trap at Passaic Valley, your time is up.

Guest Guest
I've been a long time supporter of the Mayor and Council. I've voted for the machine in every election. The Mayor and Council's problem's stem from a lack of money.
You can easily say that they stole the money, but that would only be spreading a rumor. Like the Rumors they spread about the money Millan supposedly stole from the Harrison Fest. The only difference is that they stole it legally. Every hired friend of the Mayor is making a killing. Every year getting the maximum raise possible. If you know the people I'm talking about, then you know that almost all their families work for the town. Did you know that this town recieves 6 million dollars from the State of New Jersey and part of the deal is that they were not supost to hire any new town employees, which they have. (what cracks me up is how they want to, if they didn't already, buy another million dollar snow melting machine. There seems not to be one business smart person on that council. Do you also know that this Metro Stars Deal, If it goes bust, we as tax payers, end up paying for the stadium. THIS SHOULD BE SOMETHING THIS MAYOR SHOULD HAVE ALLOWED THE TOWN TO VOTE ON, DON'T YOU THINK??
Unfortunately, the Mayor was a councilman prior to being Mayor and for the last ten years he has driven the town into the ground. If you believe he can lay off twenty cops, then you are as stupid as the Mayor. Alot of people are fed up and I can bet someone else will be sitting in his seat in 2006. Lets not forget the Nicole's deal, this was the start of the financial mess. Where did that money go? F**K THEM ALL, THEY HAVE PISSED OFF THEIR OWN. AS FAR AS THE FIRE CHIEF HE IS A FAT HIPPOCRITE, HE TOOK FOR HIMSELF AND NO WANTS TO TAKE FROM EVERYONE ELSE. I say all Harrison Town workers should unite and kick all their asses out of office. Ray go fix the trap at Passaic Valley, your time is up.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

WE NEED SOMEONE WITH A SET OF BA!!S TO START THE PROCESS TO IMPEACH THIS MAYOR

Guest Mrs Clark

I wanna ask again, why have the meetings been moved to the third floor? I believe it's so they can make it more difficult for the people of Harrison to know whats going on in town. First they change the time, now they moved to a different room. Why is the mayor and the council making it so hard for me to go up to the third floor? I have to try to go to sleep now.

WE NEED SOMEONE WITH A SET OF BA!!S TO START THE PROCESS TO IMPEACH THIS MAYOR

Guest Mrs Clark

I wanna ask again, why have the meetings been moved to the third floor? I believe it's so they can make it more difficult for the people of Harrison to know whats going on in town. First they change the time, now they moved to a different room. Can someone answer me. TOMMY BOY I KNOW YOUR ON THIS SITE ALL THE TIME, CAN YOU ANSWER THIS?!?!

Guest Guest

Top Gun Posted: Mar 15 2004, 10:10 PM

Unregistered

How deceiving are photos? The article came out in the newspaper last week http://theobserver.com/2004/story8.htm . You take a picture from the owner of the liquor store, with his dog, from across the street and a hell of a zoom. You put it in the paper QUOTE

Last Tuesday, the town council rewarded Rama’s efforts with a state grant check for $5,000. The money will help Rama cover some of the costs for rebuilding the three-story structure in the 200 block of Harrison Avenue

But it wasn't from the town council, now was it? the article continues to sayQUOTE

“The new structure is simply magnificent for an avenue store,” said Tom Powell, a member of the town’s redevelopment commission. “And he built it from the ground up.”

and I stress "a member of the town's redevelopment commission", NOT the "SPECIAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT" which Millan started, with Tony Lazaroe from the Bruno Group (which the town tried to fire two years ago, It must have been because of all the grants the Bruno Group allowed the Town Council to get credit for, after Millan went all out to make sure we kept the Bruno group.) and a few volunteers.(you may have been one of them, so you know what I'm talking about.) QUOTE

Powell said the town has participated for two years in the façade program, which is part of the state’s Neighborhood Preservation Project. The project provides municipalities and their businesses with incentives to improve the look of their communities.

THE TOWN, not him!! and the NPP and The SID were combined for sharing alike purposes the beautification of Harrison. Since when do you know a state or county project only taking two years? Like our redevelopment? Like the Hotel? 3years in the making. This project, like the one under 280 and the street lamps all come from the same package of grants offered by the county, CDBG. $1 for $1 up to $5,000 the county matches for each floor, of any building on the Avenue/BLVD. Then the county tries to do it's share, by fixing up State property and Town Facades.

So back to my point.QUOTE

How deceiving are photos? The article came out in the newspaper last week http://theobserver.com/2004/story8.htm .

Photos are so deceiving that the Observer is going to run an article two times. The Council responded to somebody’s POSTQUOTE

Hey Tommy Powell, I saw you taking photos infront of the new lamp post. I don't know how you can live with yourself knowing your taking credit for another mans work. I'm just glad it didn't appear in the papers yet, but I'm sure your working on a good press release. You should make sure it gives credit to Mr Millan. You know now the Mayor is friends with him.....

hey Tommy Boy, wanna take a photo with me? It seems like people are tired of you and the mayor taking credit for Millans work.

So they read the post and decided that The TOWN COUNCIL WILL TAKE CREDIT FOR THAT so they go and when they deliver the check, they take new pictures with the owners this time so their new ad, oops, their next press release, you will see photos of the council members (mayor) and the business owners. How trickery?

Guest read and understand this

(NONRESIDENT - (OUT-OF-TOWNER) @ Mar 15 2004, 10:29 PM)

I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied. 

It is my understanding that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted.

It is my understanding that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted.

If the easement was granted it is because it was deserved, no one in the town is allowed to do things that would break town ordinances. Your incorrect the mayor doesn't work for PVSC, and furthermore no one in his family works for the Town of Harrison. And the son of the boards president given a job, get real, nothing in this town can happen unless the State of New Jersey approves it, Our mayor has done nothing but save us money by not hiring anyone in the past 5 or 6 years. Your probably one of the AS***LES who believes the rumor that a convicted felon has taken over a department, and is running the town, complete with in an in house *****, hair cuts in his office, and booking numbers.

Harrison is a Great Place to live and Raise a Family.

**The preceding advertisement was paid for by a grant from the good people at Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission Inc. Where OUR SH*T is your SH*T, and WE ALL GIVE A SH*T about SH*T!!!! **

Guest read and understand this
WOW, NO RESPONCE. PLEASE TELL FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, CITIZENS OF HARRISON, ANYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE. THEY SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH. SUPPORTED BY FACTS. EVERYONE HAVING A CHANCE TO SAY AS THEY FEEL. SUPPORTED BY FACTS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TRUTH TO BAD. IF YOU THINK SOMETHING IS NOT THE TRUTH THEN DEFEND YOUR WORD. YOU CAN'T GET IN TROUBLE WITH THIS SITE. The Mayor can't fire me for speaking against him. Tom Powell can't seek revenge. They are breaking the law with this illegal two family homes and they know it. And nothing is going to get done unless we voice our opinion.