Supporting the Troops.

Guest Guest

Guest Patriot
Hahahahahahahah.  Gosh, patrat, you are such a wit.  And a brilliant social commentarian.  Your insight is stupendous.

I was in a 4-H club, not the girl scouts.

Care to address any of the ideas I brought up?  I didn't think so.

Ideas ?? You have no ideas. Only tired old loony left nonsense.

Why do so many Americans get their panties in a twist over Iraq?

We're the only ones saying the world will end if we leave. Just about everyone else has left. The Brits are leaving, having reduced their forces to 5500 and will be completely out of there sometime next year. They're not worried.

Stop the melodrama and just get out of there. We look like a bunch of scared whiny little children to the rest of the world.

Take up the White Man's burden--

Send forth the best ye breed--

Go, bind your sons to exile

To serve your captives' need;

To wait, in heavy harness,

On fluttered folk and wild--

Your new-caught sullen peoples,

Half devil and half child.

Take up the White Man's burden--

In patience to abide,

To veil the threat of terror

And check the show of pride;

By open speech and simple,

An hundred times made plain,

To seek another's profit

And work another's gain.

Kipling 1899

Guest Patriot
Now here's the problem. You are in effect saying that you don't need to listen to anyone who disagrees with you because they're automatically wrong. Yet you accuse other people of cult-like behaviour. Do you not see the irony?

No irony at all. Kool-aid drinking loony left wacko atheists are always wrong.

Thanks for your concern.

No irony at all.  Kool-aid drinking loony left wacko atheists are always wrong.

Thanks for your concern.

Unlike Kool-aid drinking wingnut wacko God-botherers? I think not...

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...indpost&p=60362

The sad fact is, every time I directly challenge you morons you NEVER answer. You're obviously both 2dumb4me. So go ahead-refuse to acknowledge that you were wrong. Prove how manly you are by refusing to apologize-again. Make some idiotic, asinine comment to show everyone that you can't bother to think about what you say.

Moron.

Guest Patriot

The sad fact is, every time I directly challenge you morons you NEVER answer. You're obviously both 2dumb4me. So go ahead-refuse to acknowledge that you were wrong. Prove how manly you are by refusing to apologize-again. Make some idiotic, asinine comment to show everyone that you can't bother to think about what you say.

Moron.

I would suggest you look into anger management.

Moron.

PatRat HAS no thoughts, only slogans he's picked up from some wingnut web site, or maybe Faux News.

Haven't you noticed that he never posts anything substantive? He thinks throwing out the word Koolaid counts as witty repartee.

You're engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, Autonomous. He's incapable of offering a reasoned response; he's just a wingnut robot with a (very limited) pre-programmed litany of canned phrases.

And, you know, I've just realized that we may be the victims of an evil Turing test!

Leigh

I would suggest you look into anger management.

You were a 2nd LT? Surprised you weren't fragged, even stateside. Who'd you sleep with to get that rank? I guess it's shows how desperate the Marines were back in 70. Much as now they were forced to lower thier standards.

Why do so many Americans get their panties in a twist over Iraq?

We're the only ones saying the world will end if we leave. Just about everyone else has left. The Brits are leaving, having reduced their forces to 5500 and will be completely out of there sometime next year. They're not worried.

Stop the melodrama and just get out of there. We look like a bunch of scared whiny little children to the rest of the world.

B)

U.N. chief warns abrupt withdrawal could deepen Iraq crisis

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-07-16-un-iraq_N.htm

Guest 2smart4u
PatRat HAS no thoughts, only slogans he's picked up from some wingnut web site, or maybe Faux News.

Haven't you noticed that he never posts anything substantive?  He thinks throwing out the word Koolaid counts as witty repartee.

You're engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, Autonomous.  He's incapable of offering a reasoned response; he's just a wingnut robot with a (very limited) pre-programmed litany of canned phrases.

And, you know, I've just realized that we may be the victims of an evil Turing test!

Leigh

It took you all this time to realize that?? I've known for a long time Paul and Strife are rejected prototypes of R2D2.

SOUTHEAST OF SALMAN PAK, Iraq — Standing in a small room in the Iraqi home they'd raided an hour earlier, a dozen soldiers from the 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat Team of the Army's 3rd Infantry Division were trading jokes when 1st Sgt. Troy Moore, Company A's senior enlisted man, shouted out.

"We're bringing democracy to Iraq," he called, with obvious sarcasm, as a reporter entered the room. Then Moore began loudly humming the "Battle Hymn of the Republic." Within seconds the rest of the troops had joined in, filling the small, barren home in the middle of Iraq with the patriotic chorus of a Civil War-era ballad.

"Even though we've out-stayed our welcome, in the big picture of whether we've helped or not, I know we have," said Sgt. Christofer Kitto, a 23-year-old sniper from Altamont, N.Y. "But now it's just in a state of quagmire. The U.S. time here has come and gone."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/19377.html

It seems even the troops don’t believe we should remain. We have real issues when senior NCO’s publicly say this S**ks. And we have unprecedented numbers of junior officers getting out quickly.

It seems the only ones believing in the mission or stating the surge works are senior officers who were not forced out like Shinseki or quit like Batiste. Left are the ones who are following the party line like the Soviet political officers under Stalin. Instead of leading, they are paid to spout the current party line and are known by all real military as the Perfumed Princes of the Pentagon.

By the way how do we measure the surge works? Does it work because some Generals and politicians say so? The statistics don’t support this belief. The attack rate on our troops is constantly going up. The Iraqi infrastructure is continually getting worse. Less electricity every month. We can’t even support the capital. The central government is a joke. Iraq is now governed by city states, where each city state has its own “freedom” militia as its power base. But then our government knows that the real powers are the militias. That is why we are now arming the Sunni militias, the same Sunni’s that were the backbone of Saddam’s power, hoping they will fight Al Qaeda. Just as we armed the Taliban and Al Qaeda when they were fighting the soviets in Afghanistan.

It seems even the troops don’t believe we should remain.

Yeah? Based on what? The one guy who said it was a "quagmire"?

We have real issues when senior NCO’s publicly say this S**ks.

Where was that comment made, and in what context?

And we have unprecedented numbers of junior officers getting out quickly.

Is this the first time our volunteer army has engaged in a conflict of this duration?

Not that I'm inclined to believe you without a citation. ;)

It seems the only ones believing in the mission or stating the surge works are senior officers who were not forced out like Shinseki or quit like Batiste.

Shinseki wasn't "forced out."

"But the administration didn't force General Shinseki to retire. In fact, The Washington Times reported Shinseki's plans to retire nearly a year before his Feb. 25, 2003 testimony."

http://www.factcheck.org/article275.html

"MAJ. GEN. JOHN BATISTE: Well, first off, I think we have got to complete the mission in Iraq. We have no option; we need to be successful; we need to set the Iraqi people up for self-reliance.

With their form of representative government that takes into account tribal, religious and ethnic complexity that defines that country is nothing new. The Brits had a hell of a time with that in the '10s and '20s of the last century, nothing new at all. And we got to set them up for self-reliance so they can go on it on their own.

I think we're going to be successful. There's nothing this country can't do, if we put our mind to it, but we need to do it right. We need to mobilize this country."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/military/ja.../iraq_4-13.html

The ones who are following the party line like the political commissars of Soviet Russia under Stalin. Instead of leading, they are paid to spout the current party line and are known by all real military as the Perfumed Princes of the Pentagon.

Uh--like Batiste?

By the way how do we measure the surge works? Does it work because some Generals and politicians say so?

Well, you seem to have taken the word of one soldier that Iraq was a "quagmire." You could take the word of another soldier from the same story when he asked rhetorically "How can it not work?"

The statistics don’t support this belief. The attack rate on our troops is constantly going up.

First, that isn't true. Attack rates were down in July, and in any case the change in strategy was predicted to increase engagement with the enemy.

The Iraqi infrastructure is continually getting worse. Less electricity every month.

You're generalizing. The Kurdish north is quite stable. The areas with poor infrastructure are exactly those with poor security, and those areas are shrinking because of the surge. With better security, infrastructure has the opportunity to improve.

What's your plan to get electricity to Iraqis? Seed the clouds and hope for a thunderstorm?

Learn about Iraq's energy infrastructure:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7090101375.html

We can’t even support the capital.

See URL above.

The central government is a joke. Iraq is now governed by city states, where each city state has its own “freedom” militia as its power base. But then we realize that, since we are now arming the Sunni militias, the same Sunni’s that were the backbone of Saddam’s power, hoping they will fight Al Qaeda. Just as we armed the Taliban and Al Qaeda when they were fighting the soviets in Afghanistan.

Al Qaeda itself is a Sunni-dominated (not to mention the Taliban). Getting Sunnis to turn on those extremist Sunni groups is an unbelievably positive development with no parallel in Afghanistan.

It seems that Bern knows something about spouting the party line.

• 1 month later...

Shinseki wasn't "forced out."

"But the administration didn't force General Shinseki to retire. In fact, The Washington Times reported Shinseki's plans to retire nearly a year before his Feb. 25, 2003 testimony."

http://www.factcheck.org/article275.html

It seems that Bern knows something about spouting the party line.

65346[/snapback]

I know a lot more than you will ever know Bryan.

I and others knew he was forced out. He was supposed to be retained in his present position until he could be moved up to JCS Chairman.

Last weekend, McCain said -

Sen. McCAIN: And one of the reasons, in all due respect, my friend, is because General Shinseki gave his opinion and got fired.

CBS News

FACE THE NATION

Sunday, October 14, 2007

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/face_101407.pdf

Guest a proud american
I know a lot more than you will ever know Bryan.

I and others knew he was forced out. He was supposed to be retained in his present position until he could be moved up to JCS Chairman.

Last weekend, McCain said -

Sen. McCAIN: And one of the reasons, in all due respect, my friend, is because General Shinseki gave his opinion and got fired.

CBS News

FACE THE NATION

Sunday, October 14, 2007

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/face_101407.pdf

69650[/snapback]

You guys are wasting your time trying to convince these key board commandos of anything.

Whether Patriot was a 2lt. or a general is not important.

perhaps his motivation is to not let what happened to either him or myself happen to these troops.

The part he can't seem to grasp is that whether we stay now or leave in five years, the end result is going to be the same. There is no military solution. Only the Iraqis can solve their own problems and from what we've seen they're in no hurry.

What we are creating now is a new generation of people who hate us. Our soldires have done everything asked of them including sacrificing their lives.

Whether you are republican or democrat, the majority except for 34% of rep's polled want us out and out now.

I would submit that if we truly want to get out of Iraq, then lets have a draft with no deferments except in cases of extreme mental or physical impairment. We could set the draft age at between 18 and 38.

And lets have a war tax. If all the commandos want to stay, then we should have the means to pay for it. But as i've said many times as long as someone elses kids are doing the heavy lifting they're perfectly content to leave things the way they are. A draft and a war tax would end this fiasco in no time and Bryan, we wouldn't give a rats *** what the UN says. But in actuality the right has never been a fan of the UN until it fit's their purpose.