Mayor Santos running out of excuses?

Guest Town Watch

Guest Senior Citizen
Taxes have been going up for 100 years in Kearny. I'm not interested in taking out Santos. He's no worse than any other Mayor we've ever had.

My only point is that it is nearly impossible to remove him. You would need an army of people just to get the signatures. You would then have to organize for a referendum election. If you were successful at those efforts, you would then have to go up against seasoned politicians to get your guy, whoever he/she would be,  elected.

People who could do all thet don't post here, they have better things to do.

I don't think you could even get the signatures because there are not enough people who agree with you.

I think you could get enough. We the seniors on fixed incomes suffer the most, and there are a lot of us at the clubs. We have been smoozed in the past not any more. We also don't have 5 familes living in our house paying our bills. I know who my votes are not going to for mayor or 3rd ward.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RoboKiwi

You know what removes politicians? Christopher Christie. But this is Hudson County, so illegal activity actually works in your favor.

There are about 40,000 people in town -- how many are taxpayers? Target your audience. Homeowners would sign a recall petition. Hit up multiple dwelling units – places largely ignored politically but filled with taxpayers – for support. See if there is a top notch local lawyer not already in the town’s pockets who is willing to help in case anything is questioned. (Take a step back, John Pinho, that does not mean you.) Once a movement starts, get some news coverage – go to NJN or News 12, etc. High taxes in NJ stories are hot. It also will send a message, even if the overall mission fails.

The public face of this initiative should NOT be a political person. Jim Mangin can only run so many times before even he realizes he won’t win. This person should be a long-time resident, a homeowner, but someone who the regular, hard working, overtaxed people in town can relate to. The anti-Santos if you will, not some smarmy wannabe politician who thinks he’s above the people he governs.

Guest Recall Mayor Santos
You know what removes politicians? Christopher Christie. But this is Hudson County, so illegal activity actually works in your favor.

There are about 40,000 people in town -- how many are taxpayers? Target your audience. Homeowners would sign a recall petition. Hit up multiple dwelling units – places largely ignored politically but filled with taxpayers – for support. See if there is a top notch local lawyer not already in the town’s pockets who is willing to help in case anything is questioned. (Take a step back, John Pinho, that does not mean you.) Once a movement starts, get some news coverage – go to NJN or News 12, etc. High taxes in NJ stories are hot. It also will send a message, even if the overall mission fails.

The public face of this initiative should NOT be a political person. Jim Mangin can only run so many times before even he realizes he won’t win. This person should be a long-time resident, a homeowner, but someone who the regular, hard working, overtaxed people in town can relate to. The anti-Santos if you will, not some smarmy wannabe politician who thinks he’s above the people he governs.

Great Post

It's a start. Keep in mind while he is busy padding his own nest (where ever that may be?) He could be working with other Mayors and truely concerned council people to lobby Trenton and their party members to control spending. At least it would be good for photo ops and great copy.

Do you have any evidence that the Mayor is padding his own nest? If so, please share it with the group, as it will be helpful in a recall effort if there is one.

I think you could get enough.  We the seniors on fixed incomes suffer the most, and there are a lot of us at the clubs.  We have been smoozed in the past not any more.  We also don't have 5 familes living in our house paying our bills.  I know who my votes are not going to for mayor or 3rd ward.

Please will somebody get this ball rolling so people in the masses can get behind this effort to rid this town of a Mayor that certainly isn't looking out for the common peoples best interests. The issue is TAXES,TAXES,TAXES, Wake up Kearny and together we can throw this bum out.

Please will somebody get this ball rolling so people in the masses can get behind this effort to rid this town of a Mayor that certainly isn't looking out for the common peoples best interests.  The issue is TAXES,TAXES,TAXES,  Wake up Kearny and together we can throw this bum out.

Did you think to register as a member in this forum? Then, if someone wanted to contact you to get the ball rolling they could. That could be a first step. IMHO

Please will somebody get this ball rolling so people in the masses can get behind this effort to rid this town of a Mayor that certainly isn't looking out for the common peoples best interests.  The issue is TAXES,TAXES,TAXES,  Wake up Kearny and together we can throw this bum out.

Why don't you register? If you want to get this going different people needs to be able to communicate with you. If we can't get intouch with you, how do we get this going? Looking foward to hear from you.

And what is preventing you?

Petitions are already printed up and are ready to be handed out. A petition will be placed and included as a part of a future post that you may copy from this website with instructions on how to collect the proper information to validate the petition. Nothing is preventing me Bern, I haven't stopped working on this and hope people will join the effort including you.

If any of you were to proceed with petitions for impeachment of the Mayor, which I have all the confidence will never happen, what charges would you be filing? Exactly what illegal or unethical activities has he been involved in to have him removed from office?

You're all just blowing steam and the apathy I saw in Kearny for 58 years will prevail.

If any of you were to proceed with petitions for impeachment of the Mayor, which I have all the confidence will never happen, what charges would you be filing? Exactly what illegal or unethical activities has he been involved in to have him removed from office?

You're all just blowing steam and the apathy I saw in Kearny for 58 years will prevail.

Hey Ron,

Thank you so much for your support.

We sure can't do it without you.

I doubt your friend from Florida fell the same way you do.

I'm glad we can count on you.

Petitions are already printed up and are ready to be handed out.  A petition will be placed and included as a part of a future post that you may copy from this website with instructions on how to collect the proper information to validate the petition.  Nothing is preventing me Bern, I haven't stopped working on this and hope people will join the effort including you.

I'm glad you got it started.

Count on me.

Hi Ron have you caught any fish yet? You know the mayor is really doing a poor job for the town and the tax payer. The truth is he won't make the hard decisions that need to be made. He panders to the teachers union because he's afraid they will blitz the town with phone calls and push him out. He has his loyal admistrator that has everybody sueing the town and winning. Now add his salary to the settlements and that's a lot of money. I know they fixed Kearny ave but the stores are gone. New field houses and parks it's great, but who can afford $9000.00$ per year? or more? You Left. Now here's the kicker the bond payments are due, I hear it's in the millions. How high will the next tax increase be. People you have got to get back to basics and cut the fluff. Kearny should start with the administrator he is grossly over paid. And that's the truth.

You are correct, he has done nothing illegal and unethical taking questions and answering them from his constituents. Not like the Harrison mayor who thinks he truly can do whatever he wants, its hard to get that guy out, people are so intimidated by the gangsters they shake in their own shoes. PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF WHAT HE WILL DO TO THEM IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Alot of money is going into someones pocket in Harrison from the developers whom? we all know.

Glad I purchased a home in Kearny where things are explained to us and the development of Kearny is going forward with the public input and well planned. Thank you Mayor Santos. Don't mind paying higher taxes if I have good schools and good services and a Kearny business area where I can have a cup of coffee, shop or even enjoy sitting in a park bench all in walking distance, I enjoy patronizing my community, look what they have done on our Avenue.

Do you have any evidence that the Mayor is padding his own nest? If so, please share it with the group, as it will be helpful in a recall effort if there is one.

And of course not one person clamoring for the Mayor's head even tries to address this point. Gee, what a surprise.

You are correct, he has done nothing illegal and unethical taking questions and answering them from his constituents.  Not like the Harrison mayor who thinks he truly can do whatever he wants, its hard to get that guy out, people are so intimidated by the gangsters they shake in their own shoes.  PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF WHAT HE WILL DO TO THEM IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.  Alot of money is going into someones pocket in Harrison from the developers whom? we all know.

Glad I purchased a home in Kearny where things are explained to us and the development of Kearny is going forward with the public input and well planned. Thank you Mayor Santos.  Don't mind paying higher taxes if I have good schools and good services and a Kearny business area where I can have a cup of coffee, shop or even enjoy sitting in a park bench all in walking distance, I enjoy patronizing my community, look what they have done on our Avenue.

Come on now,who wrote this? was it you Al ?

You are correct, he has done nothing illegal and unethical taking questions and answering them from his constituents.  Not like the Harrison mayor who thinks he truly can do whatever he wants, its hard to get that guy out, people are so intimidated by the gangsters they shake in their own shoes.  PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF WHAT HE WILL DO TO THEM IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.  Alot of money is going into someones pocket in Harrison from the developers whom? we all know.

Glad I purchased a home in Kearny where things are explained to us and the development of Kearny is going forward with the public input and well planned. Thank you Mayor Santos.  Don't mind paying higher taxes if I have good schools and good services and a Kearny business area where I can have a cup of coffee, shop or even enjoy sitting in a park bench all in walking distance, I enjoy patronizing my community, look what they have done on our Avenue.

News to me that schooling is his responsibility. What about the Bd of Ed?

Kearny HS SAT scores do not reflect excellence. All the scores are rated "BELOW".

Hi Ron have you caught any fish yet? You know the mayor is really doing a poor job for the town and the tax payer. The truth is he won't make the hard decisions that need to be made. He panders to the teachers union because he's afraid they will blitz the town with phone calls and push him out. He has his loyal admistrator that has everybody sueing the town and winning. Now add his salary to the settlements and that's a lot of money. I know they fixed Kearny ave but the stores are gone. New field houses and parks it's great, but who can afford $9000.00$ per year? or more? You Left. Now here's the kicker the bond payments are due, I hear it's in the millions. How high will the next tax increase be. People you have got to get back to basics and cut the fluff. Kearny should start with the administrator he is grossly over paid. And that's the truth.

Nope, haven't gone fishing in a while. I did, however, have a wonderful holiday watching all the Bennys getting on that wonderful parking lot we call the GSP for the final time this summer.

Although I may or may not agree with your statements, I'll ask the question again that no one seems ready to answer:

"Exactly what illegal or unethical activities has he been involved in to have him removed from office?"

YES! With two pensions. Oh he's working all right to get another job. Pad Pad Pad!!!!

Don't get off message, people. Who in NJ govt doesn't pad his pension? That's not the point, and we can't fix it anyway. The point here is recalling a mayor who lets taxes rise and rise and does nothing but bring the town further into debt. The same excuses doled out for the last ten years won't cut it anymore. Citizens are tired of rising taxes, increased crime, poor services and town workers who make six figures but do not live here. Remember it's about the campaign. Get the word out that residents are mad and won't take any more. Even if the mission fails it will have made a statement no one can ignore.

Nope, haven't gone fishing in a while. I did, however, have a wonderful holiday watching all the Bennys getting on that wonderful parking lot we call the GSP for the final time this summer.

Although I may or may not agree with your statements, I'll ask the question again that no one seems ready to answer:

"Exactly what illegal or unethical activities has he been involved in to have him removed from office?"

It's called poor performance on behalf of the tax paying public. It does not have to be a matter of illegality. Let's face it Ron all this mayor has done is float bonds and raise taxes. Be sure to enjoy September & October that's the best time at the shore. Take care Ron and catch a fish.