Mayor Santos running out of excuses?

Guest Town Watch

Guest Time for Change
You and all who support this Mayor are not only a Town Laughingstock, but are the blind leading the blind in showing poor judgement in managing Kearny Tax Dollars. Get out there and feel the people's anger and how more and more people are disappointed in this adminstration. Now that's REAL!!!!

Stay informed, Look what's going on, Listen to what this Mayor is saying, and lets hold him accountable for the decisions he has made that have left Kearny in the worse financial condition in its history. The Mayor refuses to address what he will do about easing property taxes. He has no plan and will back step by asking the public for input when his back is against the wall and he has no solutions. He is is the elected one who gets payed to make decisions in the best interests of all the citizens of Kearny. He has yet to do that in my opinion.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Stay informed, Look what's going on, Listen to what this Mayor is saying, and lets hold him accountable for the decisions he has made that have left Kearny in the worse financial condition in its history. The Mayor refuses to address what he will do about easing property taxes. He has no plan and will back step by asking the public for input when his back is against the wall and he has no solutions. He is is the elected one who gets payed to make decisions in the best interests of all the citizens of Kearny. He has yet to do that in my opinion.

Yeah, I can't stand people who are all talk and no action.

Guest Guest

You’re still not giving us any answers. What is he doing that mess up the town? The six detectives??? if that is true ask the observer to do a write up on that or even better post their name and salary like they do the town employees. I want solutions not a call for his re election.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Recall Mayor Santos

Keep the message alive!!!

• 2 weeks later...
You and all who support this Mayor are not only a Town Laughingstock, but are the blind leading the blind in showing poor judgement in managing Kearny Tax Dollars. Get out there and feel the people's anger and how more and more people are disappointed in this adminstration. Now that's REAL!!!!

Mayor Santos is not paying attention to the people's pain, its time for him to be RECALLED.

Guest Guest
Mayor Santos is not paying attention to the people's pain, its time for him to be RECALLED.

YOU are not paying attention to the rest of Kearny. It's time for you to shut the hell up until you get those 3,000 signatures.

We're waiting.

Guest dags
Every single year this Mayor has been in office TAXES have gone up and up and up, When is this Town going to wake up and throw this guy out??? Start a petition drive now to recall MAYOR SANTOS Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!

All of you idiots----just keep reelecting him

• 2 weeks later...

Wait till your next Tax Bill. We are in for tax problems.

• 1 month later...

Taxes are up, More houses for sale, Standard of living down, Mayor Santos county job making $80.000 plus, PRICELESS.

Guest GUEST
Taxes are up, More houses for sale, Standard of living down, Mayor Santos county job making $80.000 plus, PRICELESS.

All due respect, but that is everywhere, not just Kearny. Let me know a town where taxes haven't gone up, homes aren't for sale and the standard of living is the same, and I'll guess you live in North Caldwell, Glen Ridge, or Upper Saddle River.

I'm not happy about all things going on in Kearny, I think the Mayor and council has done a fair job over the haul, I am not a Democrat either, but Mayor Santos is very involved in keeping Kearny growing in the right direction.

Taxes are taxes, we live in the highest taxed district in Hudson County, so we have a right to be concerned at where our money goes, and if it wil go higher. Quite honestly, if taxes do go higher it has little to do with Kearny, we may need to sell and rent an apartment or move out of the state entirely, this is a reflection on our state government.

Republicans and Democrats did it together thru decades of neglect, poor judgement, bad choices and the occasional Florio or Whitman.

We are a middle class family, the last of a dying breed!

• 1 month later...

Anger is building, Mayor get ready for the political fight of your life.

Guest wildbill
Who is this idiot?

I wish this person would ID themselves for I think the Mayor, his private eye and lawyer friends think its me and they are screwing me with no Birthday card or Valentine's day card and my ass hurts . So ID yourself! PS, When is the Mayors term up?

It appears that it is time for the Leadman to get back involved. I spoke to him last week and he is gearing up to run once again. Thank you John Leadbeater. You were always interested in what was best for Kearny

It appears that it is time for the Leadman to get back involved. I spoke to him last week and he is gearing up to run once again. Thank you John Leadbeater. You were always interested in what was best for Kearny

What EXACTLY would he plan to do to fix any of the problems in Kearny? I crave specifics, but none of you jokers ever comes up with anything solid.

What EXACTLY would he plan to do to fix any of the problems in Kearny? I crave specifics, but none of you jokers ever comes up with anything solid.

Why should he have to give you specifics. Has OUR Mayor given any reason why our taxes have continued to go up? No, he continues to blame everything except his administration. GREAT new streetscape coming into Kearny on Kearny Avenue. How much did that cost us? I'm more than confident that Mr. Leadbeater will tell his plans when it is the right time. Why should he tip his hand now? No one on the council can explain how to make things better, why should he?

Streetscape is paid with UEZ funds. You do know what the UEZ is, right, and how it benefits the town, right? Yeah, I thought so.

Why should he have to give you specifics. Has OUR Mayor given any reason why our taxes have continued to go up? No, he continues to blame everything except his administration. GREAT new streetscape coming into Kearny on Kearny Avenue. How much did that cost us? I'm more than confident that Mr. Leadbeater will tell his plans when it is the right time. Why should he tip his hand now? No one on the council can explain how to make things better, why should he?

• 1 month later...

Yes, it cannot be denied, Mayor Santos does have a stranglehold on the Town, his puppet Council exacerbates his control as well as rubber stamps whatever legislation he proposes, and his Business Administrator not only manipulates chosen situations for Santos but ensures that his “dirty work” is carried out. But overall, what’s there not to like about the Mayor, he doesn’t do anything of consequence or of substance to dislike. I suspect that the Mayor and his people have full control of every board and commission within this Town, so consequently, there is no need for excuses.

If it is decided to challenge the incumbent in 2009, the best time to take a shot at him is during the primary, but I don’t see anyone within his own party willing to challenge him because of the control and power he yields. And a contest in the general election would probably result in another Santos victory since the opposition party is weak; no, the better expression is essentially non-existent.

Guest ThirdWard
Yes, it cannot be denied, Mayor Santos does have a stranglehold on the Town, his puppet Council exacerbates his control as well as rubber stamps whatever legislation he proposes, and his Business Administrator not only manipulates chosen situations for Santos but ensures that his “dirty work” is carried out. But overall, what’s there not to like about the Mayor, he doesn’t do anything of consequence or of substance to dislike. I suspect that the Mayor and his people have full control of every board and commission within this Town, so consequently, there is no need for excuses.

If it is decided to challenge the incumbent in 2009, the best time to take a shot at him is during the primary, but I don’t see anyone within his own party willing to challenge him because of the control and power he yields. And a contest in the general election would probably result in another Santos victory since the opposition party is weak; no, the better expression is essentially non-existent.

I hear the mess on Rutherford Place has caught the attention of the FBI. What's next?

Change is in the winds. Will be a tough election for this Mayor next time.

Why is it that all the surrounding town are getting big tax hikes and Kearny isn’t?? If you want change then ask the mayor what he is doing wrong? What would you want different?