Mayor Santos running out of excuses?

Guest Town Watch

Guest Then show up at 7
7PM_9PM WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR THE TOWN RESIDENTS. WHY DO YOU THINK THE MAYOR PICKED 5PM,7PM BECAUSE 90 PCT TOWN RESIDENTS WORK TILL 5PM THEY DON,T HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF PICKING THEIR WORKING HOURS AS THE MAYOR,SOME OF US HAVE DINNER 5:30PM,6:PM WITH OUR FAMILY,S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

76458[/snapback]

The budget session is 5 pm to 7 pm. The regular meeting is also on the same day and starts at 7 pm. You can come to the regular meeting if 5 to 7 doesn't work.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The budget session is 5 pm to 7 pm.  The regular meeting is also on the same day and starts at 7 pm.  You can come to the regular meeting if 5 to 7 doesn't work.

76500[/snapback]

Good point. I didn't know that. That sets aside two hours for public input on these issues alone. Just the same, I hope the mayor will devote a couple hours to this later in an evening, not on a meeting night.

7PM_9PM WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR THE TOWN RESIDENTS.

Hint: All caps makes you come off like a raving lunatic. Is that what you want?

So now, since you feel that way, have you tried contacting Santos and telling him this directly? Or do you feel it's a better idea to just complain about it to yourself, and that doing that will help more?

WHY DO YOU THINK THE MAYOR PICKED 5PM,7PM BECAUSE 90 PCT TOWN RESIDENTS WORK TILL 5PM THEY DON,T HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF PICKING THEIR WORKING HOURS AS THE MAYOR,SOME OF US HAVE DINNER 5:30PM,6:PM WITH OUR FAMILY,S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

76458[/snapback]

How is it possible for one person to butcher the word "families" in so many ways?

Guest Recall Mayor Santos
The budget session is 5 pm to 7 pm.  The regular meeting is also on the same day and starts at 7 pm.  You can come to the regular meeting if 5 to 7 doesn't work.

76500[/snapback]

Show up at 7 only to be told you should've been here at 5 and we already addressed taxes??

Hint: All caps makes you come off like a raving lunatic. Is that what you want?

So now, since you feel that way, have you tried contacting Santos and telling him this directly? Or do you feel it's a better idea to just complain about it to yourself, and that doing that will help more?

How is it possible for one person to butcher the word "families" in so many ways?

76556[/snapback]

HEY STRIFE GET A LIFE.YOU MORON.

I have no problem with December, but if it's the only forum, 5-7 is a time when many people can't come, including me. I intend to ask Al to set more forums, at least some of which should be in the evening, say 7-9.

76382[/snapback]

In today's day and age, I wonder why the Mayor and Council do not employ technology to their benefit. Perhaps the town should consider an electronic forum whereby residents and interested parties can submit information electronically, and they can reply electronically as well. This way, if people are at work or are otherwise unable to leave the home, they can have their say in a "virtual public forum". Streaming video, teleconferencing, real-time interaction are all possibilities to bring government to the people when the reverse fails.

HEY STRIFE GET A LIFE.YOU MORON.

76606[/snapback]

:lol::rolleyes:

The most ironic thing was that the one thing ("guest") that is supposed to be capitalized, and is by default (this person literally had to type it wrong on purpose), wasn't, but everything else was.

Also ironic is that someone who takes the time to write a (CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, RIGHT?) post like this just to make a juvenile comment is telling me that I need to get a life. You're a very silly person. :)

:lol: :lol:

The most ironic thing was that the one thing ("guest") that is supposed to be capitalized, and is by default (this person literally had to type it wrong on purpose), wasn't, but everything else was.

Also ironic is that someone who takes the time to write a (CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, RIGHT?) post like this just to make a juvenile comment is telling me that I need to get a life. You're a very silly person. :)

76651[/snapback]

If there's layoffs in Kearny, Strife may be out of a job. Cleaning toilets is not

a vital position.

In today's day and age, I wonder why the Mayor and Council do not employ technology to their benefit.  Perhaps the town should consider an electronic forum whereby residents and interested parties can submit information electronically, and they can reply electronically as well.  This way, if people are at work or are otherwise unable to leave the home, they can have their say in a "virtual public forum".  Streaming video, teleconferencing, real-time interaction are all possibilities to bring government to the people when the reverse fails.

76615[/snapback]

Would have loved to have had a video of Tuesday's meeting. It was said the Mayor was on his heels ,while Pettegrew and Sherry became the buffer and took the high road to make nice to the police and make them think their with them.I think they call it GOOD COP, BAD COP planning in politics. I would hope the police are smarter than that and were able to see it for what it is and that is politics being played by skilled politicans. BOTTOM LINE THE MAYOR WAS ABLE TO GET HIS WAY.

Guest Town Watch
Would have loved to have had a video of Tuesday's meeting. It was said the Mayor was on his heels ,while Pettegrew and Sherry became the buffer and took the high road to make nice to the police and make them think their with them.I think they call it GOOD COP, BAD COP planning in politics. I would hope the police are smarter than that and were able to see it for what it is and that is politics being played by skilled politicans.    BOTTOM LINE THE MAYOR WAS ABLE TO GET HIS WAY.

77584[/snapback]

Great Observation.

Would have loved to have had a video of Tuesday's meeting. It was said the Mayor was on his heels ,while Pettegrew and Sherry became the buffer and took the high road to make nice to the police and make them think their with them.I think they call it GOOD COP, BAD COP planning in politics. I would hope the police are smarter than that and were able to see it for what it is and that is politics being played by skilled politicans.    BOTTOM LINE THE MAYOR WAS ABLE TO GET HIS WAY.

77584[/snapback]

There is always someone smarter and more skilled. 2008 will be a year of change for Kearny. Get ready for the recall fight of the year. History will be made!!

There is always someone smarter and more skilled. 2008 will be a year of change for Kearny.  Get ready for the recall fight of the year. History will be made!!

78291[/snapback]

Do they still run the council meetings on tv ?

Do they still run the council meetings on tv ?

78425[/snapback]

meetings are on tv, but so what? all decisions are made by santos before the meeting so its pointless. sherry and pettigrew provide window dressing to make it appear there an actual debate. as long as santos gets his way. meetings now last about an hour and a half. everything is on a consent agenda so it all gets voted at once. kearny's getting like harrison. soon meetings will be so insignifigant that there will be less of them and even shorter. debaters like ann farrell and jim mangin are gone and replaced by puppets. kearny should change from a 9 person council to a 1 person council since thats what it is anyway. who approved these 4 year terms? i know i didn't vote on any referndum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Town Watch
Paul

The Town of Kearny needs a total reorganization of how we run town services. The first thing we should do is have a totally independent audit of the budget. Lets find out by counting every salary, pen, vehicle, anything nailed to the floor.Let this audit bring recommendations on how we can save money or if we can save any money at all, Yes there will be a cost for this audit, but in the end in my opinion, it will yield cost saving recommendations that will result in a tax savings that will pay for the audit fee many times over. Paul, I don't think Mayor Santos will do this because it would expose many areas that would show where wasteful spending takes place and have taken place for years. The bottomline is an truly independent audit will bring about an honest assessment of Kearny's finances, without the politics of appointing some firm that plays the political pay to play game. Perhaps the Mayor could appoint a committee with yourself, Mr Mangin, Mr Pincho, to decide who should do the audit. Lets find out the truth about how we spend our tax dollars. I beleive a "TRULY INDEPENDENT AUDIT" will give us the answers to why our Taxes are out of control. Again this Mayor won't do it. There's a suggestion lets hope hes listening.

Here's a past suggestion.

Guest Guest
As long as your paying attention then we won't be alone. Thanks for the company.

You are alone. You are a laughingstock, and that's because you think removing Santos from office will magically fix all that is not perfect in Kearny.

Get real.

• 3 weeks later...
You are alone. You are a laughingstock, and that's because you think removing Santos from office will magically fix all that is not perfect in Kearny.

Get real.

You and all who support this Mayor are not only a Town Laughingstock, but are the blind leading the blind in showing poor judgement in managing Kearny Tax Dollars. Get out there and feel the people's anger and how more and more people are disappointed in this adminstration. Now that's REAL!!!!

Guest Guest
You and all who support this Mayor are not only a Town Laughingstock, but are the blind leading the blind in showing poor judgement in managing Kearny Tax Dollars. Get out there and feel the people's anger and how more and more people are disappointed in this adminstration. Now that's REAL!!!!

What people? How many signatures do you have? Let's see a list, hotshot.