Mayor Santos running out of excuses?

Guest Town Watch

Guest Town Watch
Don't get off message, people. Who in NJ govt doesn't pad his pension? That's not the point, and we can't fix it anyway. The point here is recalling a mayor who lets taxes rise and rise and does nothing but bring the town further into debt. The same excuses doled out for the last ten years won't cut it anymore. Citizens are tired of rising taxes, increased crime, poor services and town workers who make six figures but do not live here. Remember it's about the campaign. Get the word out that residents are mad and won't take any more. Even if the mission fails it will have made a statement no one can ignore.

Keep the message alive!!!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petitions are already printed up and are ready to be handed out.  A petition will be placed and included as a part of a future post that you may copy from this website with instructions on how to collect the proper information to validate the petition.  Nothing is preventing me Bern, I haven't stopped working on this and hope people will join the effort including you.

When are you posting the petition?

Guest Recall Mayor Santos
When are you posting the petition?

All paperwork is currently under attorney review, With this guy you have to dot every i and cross every t. Will be available soon, Hope you are sincere about wanting to help Recall Mayor Santos. Thank You for your interest.

All paperwork is currently under attorney review, With this guy you have to dot every i and cross every t.      Will be available soon,  Hope you are sincere about wanting to help Recall  Mayor Santos.  Thank You for your interest.

I guess the Mayor is already trying to cover his behind.

Did you see the paper this week?

I guess the Mayor is already trying to cover his behind.

Did you see the paper this week?

No I haven't what did it say? More of it's someone else's fault the taxes are going up! Please give me an idea of what was said. Thanks

ps. keep in mind those bonds are due. Who's fault is that?

No I haven't what did it say? More of it's someone else's fault the taxes are going up! Please give me an idea of what was said. Thanks

Mayor Santos published the facts, complete with the exact numbers showing where the budget is going. As I expected, most of the increase is for things over which he has no control, the bulk of it for increases in salaries and pensions dictated by union agreements. You can argue, of course, that the union members are getting rich at our expense, but I don't think the facts will bear that out either.

If they do, then let's stop the whining and do something about it. If they don't, then let's stop the whining just because our taxes went up, and start thinking about how to address that in an intelligent and effective way. Blaming and recalling the Mayor isn't a solution. Either way, let's stop the whining.

Mayor Santos needs to answer to the shareholders on the State of the Town and why we have so much debt. Is it true Mayor about these bonds. What effect will these bonds have on our taxes when these bonds become due. Be honest with the shareholders of Kearny and give us the truth.

Guest Brother Marx
Mayor Santos published the facts, complete with the exact numbers showing where the budget is going. As I expected, most of the increase is for things over which he has no control, the bulk of it for increases in salaries and pensions dictated by union agreements. You can argue, of course, that the union members are getting rich at our expense, but I don't think the facts will bear that out either.

If they do, then let's stop the whining and do something about it. If they don't, then let's stop the whining just because our taxes went up, and start thinking about how to address that in an intelligent and effective way. Blaming and recalling the Mayor isn't a solution. Either way, let's stop the whining.

Do you believe every thing you read? Are you willing to accept what ever Santos says? Do you really think all those things are beyond his control? If that is so, why do we need him ? By the way isn't whining a form of speach? A right, a way to vent? To express ideas and opinions? I see when you don't agree with the subject matter it's whining. OK Paul I get it now.

Did he (The Mayor) mention the Bonds are due? Was that in the paper? Who would have control over the bond payments? Who did all the bonding? humm...

Do you believe every thing you read? Are you willing to accept what ever Santos says? Do you really think all those things are beyond his control? If that is so, why do we need him ? By the way isn't whining a form of speach? A right, a way to vent? To express ideas and opinions? I see when you don't agree with the subject matter it's whining. OK Paul I get it now.

Every one of us has the right to whine all we want. But if we're really going to do something constructive, we must gather the facts (not just make up what we wish to believe), think through all the options (not just reflexively call for the Mayor's recall because taxes are up) and implement a way to make it happen (not just whine about it).

As for the statistics he quoted, they are hard numbers, easily verifiable and just as easily exposed if they were false. I don't have any reason to think they're anything but what he says they are, and yes I believe those are the accurate numbers. Al is too decent to lie about them, too smart not to know he'd be caught falsifying budget numbers and too professional not to do his job to the best of his ability.

Every one of us has the right to whine all we want. But if we're really going to do something constructive, we must gather the facts (not just make up what we wish to believe), think through all the options (not just reflexively call for the Mayor's recall because taxes are up) and implement a way to make it happen (not just whine about it).

As for the statistics he quoted, they are hard numbers, easily verifiable and just as easily exposed if they were false. I don't have any reason to think they're anything but what he says they are, and yes I believe those are the accurate numbers. Al is too decent to lie about them, too smart not to know he'd be caught falsifying budget numbers and too professional not to do his job to the best of his ability.

Did he mention the bonds Paul? I never said he made a false statement about the numbers. Also since when is being over taxed not a valid issue. Come on Paulie, Tell me what he said about the bonds that are due. No tangents. It's not what he said,but what he did not say. Think and tell me about the bonds.

Spin Doctors Attack

Did he (The Mayor) mention the Bonds are due? Was that in the paper? Who would have control over the bond payments? Who did all the bonding? humm...

Was there a better alternative to the bonds, and if so, what was it? It's not fair to anyone just to complain that your taxes went up. What were the alternatives, and what were the costs and benefits of those alternatives? Without the bonds, what would have to have been cut, and how would that have affected the people of Kearny? Without thinking it through that way, there's no reason to think that you can give us a better alternative. In fact, the alternative probably will be worse because you're encouraging the next mayor (whomever and whenever) to think only about one thing, when the mayor should be thinking about everything, e.g., taxes and services.

Good grief, this is not rocket science. But all we see is the whining just because of the result in one factor: taxes. Look at the whole picture, then if you have a case, make it. You're not giving a reasonable person any reason to oppose the Mayor. So far, you're just whining because taxes went up.

Not in his control? Did the UAW cripple the American auto industry to a certain extent. I see no difference here. My opinion is this is critcal issue with all communities and requires urgent attention.

Guest Horetense

What are you all on glue?, The Mayor has no control of the out of control entity that is draining Kearny tax dollars by the second ie The School System. Nj.com New Jersey By The numbers. Ye Gods! Look at those pay checks being pumped out for 190 days of work. How could any one individual not see where the problem is.

I don't question the statistics. However, I don't understand how he can hide behind "negotiated contracts" being one of the things causing huge increases that he can not control.

He is a critical part of those negotiations. :unsure:

Mayor Santos needs to answer to the shareholders on the State of the Town and why we have so much debt. Is it true Mayor about these bonds.  What effect will these bonds have on our taxes when these bonds become due. Be honest with the shareholders of Kearny and give us the truth.

You do realize Santos isn't here in this thread, don't you? Why are you addressing him in this post?

Ever considered contacting him and asking him directly, instead of slinging mud around here? Town Hall isn't exactly a fortress of solitude, you know--it's not very hard to get in touch with him and let him know your concerns directly.

I don't question the statistics.  However, I don't understand how he can hide behind "negotiated contracts" being one of the things causing huge increases that he can not control.

He is a critical part of those negotiations.  :angry:

OK, that's fair, but it doesn't mean he controls the negotiations.

Besides, the mere fact that the union has a contract doesn't mean the Mayor or anyone else did anything wrong. Are union salaries and pensions out of line? How much to the police get paid, and other city workers too? Let's see the numbers.

Was there a better alternative to the bonds, and if so, what was it? It's not fair to anyone just to complain that your taxes went up. What were the alternatives, and what were the costs and benefits of those alternatives? Without the bonds, what would have to have been cut, and how would that have affected the people of Kearny? Without thinking it through that way, there's no reason to think that you can give us a better alternative. In fact, the alternative probably will be worse because you're encouraging the next mayor (whomever and whenever) to think only about one thing, when the mayor should be thinking about everything, e.g., taxes and services.

Good grief, this is not rocket science. But all we see is the whining just because of the result in one factor: taxes. Look at the whole picture, then if you have a case, make it. You're not giving a reasonable person any reason to oppose the Mayor. So far, you're just whining because taxes went up.

Aternatives are many. The Mayor chose to let them pass for political reasons. The bonds were a band aid and now they are home to roost. So instead of cutting things like the inflated budget the board proposes every year he went the way of bonds. It is the Mayor and councils job to know what we can afford and can't. It's time for accountability from all who represent the town of Kearny. To you taxes going up is of little concern, I guess you can well afford the increase. Then there are those who are hanging on and trying to make ends meet. But their just whiniers right Paulie? When you speak of a reasonable person, do you mean people that are able to afford the yearly tax increases. Or those that have to work a second job to hang on to the American dream?

You do realize Santos isn't here in this thread, don't you? Why are you addressing him in this post?

Ever considered contacting him and asking him directly, instead of slinging mud around here? Town Hall isn't exactly a fortress of solitude, you know--it's not very hard to get in touch with him and let him know your concerns directly.

Matt shut up!

That's a joke!!!!!