Business Administrator

Guest Loki

Son, you just don't get it.  If I work FOR you, and you tell me that the way I am going about my job has to stop, then either I stop and stay in your employ, or I move on to another job.

If you think that any of the members of the Mayor and Council have tried to reign him in, then you are the eternal optimist.  This is just my opinion, but I have to assume that they either turned a blind eye to some of his nonsense, or they quietly approve.

If they are disappointed with his treatment of employees, and I think they should be, and he continues to do it, he can be stopped if they want to.  Otherwise, you suggest that there has been a coup d'etat by an UNELECTED town official.

I knew the meeting of the minds between you and I would be short-lived.  Just needed time to change back into your cheerleader uniform, huh?

Unless you admit to being about 95 years old, you really shouldn't call me "son".

I don't believe that you or I have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth on this matter. As is usually the case, each side of an issue sees the issue from his/her own perspective.

Now I'm am sure that in your quest for the truth, you have spoken at length and in depth to the employees, the Administrator, the Mayor, all Councilmembers and the Town Attorney; and are well versed on DOP regulations, statutes and municipal contracts. 'Cause I know how much you want to be fair in your accessment of the situation.

No? Easier just to come to a conclusion that anti-establishment, huh? I understand, kid!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless you admit to being about 95 years old, you really shouldn't call me "son".

I don't believe that you or I have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth on this matter. As is usually the case, each side of an issue sees the issue from his/her own perspective.

Now I'm am sure that in your quest for the truth, you have spoken at length and in depth to the employees, the Administrator, the Mayor, all Councilmembers and the Town Attorney; and are well versed on DOP regulations, statutes and municipal contracts. 'Cause I know how much you want to be fair in your accessment of the situation.

No? Easier just to come to a conclusion that anti-establishment, huh? I understand, kid!

With all of the typos this can't be Realist. Not so sharp after all, eh?

" each side of an issue sees the issue from his/her own perspective."

This is the definition of an opinion. Thanks for clearing this up, I never claimed to have first hand knowledge of conversations and interaction within the town hall. Only that they have within their grasp, the ability to stop it if they want to.

And, yes, some days I do FEEL 95, does that count, Pops?

" each side of an issue sees the issue from his/her own perspective."

This is the definition of an opinion.  Thanks for clearing this up, I never claimed to have first hand knowledge of conversations and interaction within the town hall.  Only that they have within their grasp, the ability to stop it if they want to.

And, yes, some days I do FEEL 95, does that count, Pops?

Stop what? By your own admission, you don't really know what is going on. That's my point. Thanks for re-making it for me!

Some days I feel like Brad Pitt, but that doesn't make it so!

I am really growing tired of this dialogue. You claim that I am WRONG, because I don't have first hand knowledge of any of these conversations. Which, in turn, implies that you are right, despite the fact that you also don't have first hand information (or do you?). I resent the implication that you are right, and I am wrong, when the opinions are based on less than first hand info. I can be wrong, but you can't fault the logic of my reasoning, and in turn, use the same logic. These dialogues between you and I have become some of the most inane nonsense I have yet read on this board; a sad statement indeed, since I am one of the writers.

Finally, a note. You have never advanced an idea or thought of your own, only defended the Mayor and Council unblinkingly, and attacked whatever message was written in regards to them.

Now, so I don't have to repeat myself, one last time, and I'll go slow.

If you say I am wrong, and question my logic, you cannot then use that same logic and assume some sort of righteousness. We are both guessing, and it is CERTAIN that the Mayor and Council have not reigned in their hired gun, this leads to the proper assumption that they approve on SOME level.

The cost of running the Town of Kearny has gone up under this man, not down. Since his job was to more efficiently run the town, when can we expect results. I think several years is long enough for the good taxpayers of Kearny.

I am really growing tired of this dialogue.  You claim that I am WRONG, because I don't have first hand knowledge of any of these conversations.  Which, in turn, implies that you are right, despite the fact that you also don't have first hand information (or do you?).  I resent the implication that you are right, and I am wrong, when the opinions are based on less than first hand info.  I can be wrong, but you can't fault the logic of my reasoning, and in turn, use the same logic.  These dialogues between you and I have become some of the most inane nonsense I have yet read on this board; a sad statement indeed, since I am one of the writers.

Finally, a note. You have never advanced an idea or thought of your own, only defended the Mayor and Council unblinkingly, and attacked whatever message was written in regards to them.

Now, so I don't have to repeat myself, one last time, and I'll go slow.

If you say I am wrong, and question my logic, you cannot then use that same logic and assume some sort of righteousness.  We are both guessing, and it is CERTAIN that the Mayor and Council have not reigned in their hired gun, this leads to the proper assumption that they approve  on SOME level.

The cost of running the Town of Kearny has gone up under this man, not down.  Since his job was to more efficiently run the town, when can we expect results.  I think several years is long enough for the good taxpayers of Kearny.

Logic? Please do not confuse logic with the manner in which you have come to your conclusion. Your methodology is steeped in pure conjecture and assumption. For instance: I said that neither one of us has sufficient information to arrive at a reasonable deduction. How the hell does that translate into my saying that I am right and therefore you are wrong? Quite a leap!

You make VAGUE accusations without offering any specifics and you PRESUME that the Mayor and Council have not acted on your PERCEIVED wrongdoings. Does that sound like a "proper assumption"? You need to enumerate the charges and back them up with clear and irrefutable evidence. What exactly are the employee related problems to which you allude? Precisely how has the BA been inefficient? Do you even know what his job description is? Specifics, specifics, specifics! (How do you come by the authority and the audacity to defame a person's character and professional ethics without knowing the facts?)

BTW: Allow me to advance this thought of my own---I have as much right to constantly defend the M&C as you have to constantly disparage them. Remember, you were on this site long before I was, and you were using it as an anti-Santos propaganda mill. I assumed that since this is a discussion board, it was amenable to perceptions other than yours, but apparently you can't handle honest dissension. Logical enough?

Guest Blue moon

Is D'Arco up to to his money saving duties? Would someone post what we spent in legal fees so far this year. And Loki please don't argue with realist he just moves us away from the subject. Stay true to the course because we know this D'Arco is not all he is cracked up to be. He saved us nothing! And has cost us way to much. Is the firemans case complete? or is on going? I'm sure the public would like to hear that figure. Right Joe?

Neither logical nor a new thought. More defense of the M&C and D'Arco. In my informed opinion more useless drivel from you.

RAH! RAH! It must be tiring defending indefensible people. Character counts, and some of them don't have it. MY OPINION, you don't have to share it, but you cannot deny me one.

Guest perplexed
Still looking? just keep in mind that some morming you might be going to work and wind up with those weapons up your ass. Individuals such as D'Arco take such pains to express their respect for those who serve to protect our way of life against those that would see it destroyed.  We pay respect by hanging flags all over the town. But when it comes time to say thanks to those who serve we give them D'Arco. And what does he do?He gives them stress, like they need more. The Council should be ashamed for what they allow this individual to get away with. Like it or not he can only do what they allow him to do.

When will this board get it? This stuff is not Joe D'Arcos ideas it is Mayor Santos' and crew . He only follows orders.

When are you people going to wake up and realize why they will keep him there. :ph34r:

When will this board get it? This stuff is not Joe D'Arcos ideas it is Mayor Santos' and crew . He only follows orders. 

When are you people going to wake up and realize why they will keep him there. :ph34r:

Your so very right and Big Al has his agenda to drive out all the present employees and fill those positions with his choice of people. D'Arrco is just an erand boy. The council fears the boy king, he plays with peoples lives.

MY OPINION, you don't have to share it, but you cannot deny me one.

What an inappropriate remark! Short of performing a lobotomy, it is IMPOSSIBLE to deny one his/her opinion.

To paraphrase Voltaire: I may disagree completely with your opinion, but I would defend to the death your right to hold it. But that is a concept that cannot be unilaterally discharged. (In other words---it's a two-way street.)

My point is that you need to discern the difference between "opinion" and "accusation".

What an inappropriate remark! Short of performing a lobotomy, it is IMPOSSIBLE to deny one his/her opinion.

To paraphrase Voltaire: I may disagree completely with your opinion, but I would defend to the death your right to hold it. But that is a concept that cannot be unilaterally discharged. (In other words---it's a two-way street.)

My point is that you need to discern the difference between "opinion" and "accusation".

Let's keep this on D'Arco. Start by paraphrasing some of his money saving ideas that we pay him so much money for, OK!

Guest GUEST2
Yeah, right! I can just see Brassy Barb, Loquacious Laura and Confident Carol cowering in the presence of Amiable Al! Get real!

The only thing Brassy about Barb is her HAIR.As for Laura she just loves to hear herself talk and talk.

Since you seem to live in the twilight zone, I recommend a new nickname.

I'm thinking, something like, SURREALIST. It's catchy, yet honest. Just my OPINION. Hee! Hee!

Since you seem to live in the twilight zone, I recommend a new nickname.

I'm thinking, something like,  SURREALIST.  It's catchy, yet honest.  Just my OPINION.  Hee! Hee!

The council fears the boy king, he plays with peoples lives.

I do not think the council fears the Boy King at all.

They all have what they need and they all get what they want. This way they all keep getting re-elected.

The sad part is they all think they are important :angry:

Picture this, D'Arco moving his mouth with the Mayor behind him doing the talking. Sig em Joe! It's a game to our mayor it pumps his ego and makes him feel powerful. He plays with peoples lives.

Still wondering whether or not they get fully paid when on active duty. anyone know?

While I was a member of the Town Council it was a policy decision to NOT pay reservists when they reported for military duty. I honestly don't remember if this policy originated with Business Administrator Joe D'Arco or Fire Chief Lapsanski. The reason given was simple - the Town of Kearny doesn't pay because the Town of Kearny doesn't have to pay, under the law - or at least the administration's interpretation of the law. (I've read articles on both sides.)

To answer an earlier question in this thread, Firefighter Pettigrew DOES get paid by the Town when he reports for military service. Again, the reason is because legally the Town has to pay him. I don't recall if it was because of his branch of military service or his status. I just remember his case being different from others, such as Firefighter Coulson, or Firefighter Bulger.

Now, my opinion? Just because the Town is not obligated to pay, that is not to say that the Town can't pay. The Town can, and should pay these individuals. I don't consider it "double-dipping", as it's been referred to.

OK, now Loki and A. Realist can resume their regularly scheduled arguement, armed with the facts (at least as recalled by one individual who was there).

Jim Mangin

Jim, thanks for the info. I do not think that A. Realist and I disagree about whether or not these reservists should be paid, they should. My problem is that, like you, I feel that the state law does not preclude the town from paying these individuals; however no one is willing to tell Mr. D'Arco or this Chief Lapanski that their interpretation rings hollow. In the times we live in, our employees who willingly serve their country should be honored and cherished, not hounded over whatever money the town may save. I'm sure this amount is miniscule. A mere pittance compared to what the Business Administrator's salary costs the taxpayer of Kearny.

I also understand one of Kearny's finest is to be activated: Good Luck officer, and thank you for your service.

P. S. Jim, thanks again for providing first hand information when you have it. Despite what your detractors may say, you are a stand up guy and though people,(myself included), may not always agree with you, your character should not be questioned.

Would any of the current council members or the Mayor care to opine on this particular subject.

We have dedicated employees serving their country, shouldn't they be rewarded for their service?

Mayor?

Council?

Mr. D'Arco?

How about the fire chief, maybe he has an opinion?

Guest question for Mr. Mangin

Mr. Mangin,

What was your vote towards the "policy decision", if in fact it was voted on during your time in office!!!! Let me guess it was "NO", right? Then I ask the current council members why the sudden change?

Archived