Business Administrator

Guest Loki

With all the questions surrounding Mr. D'Arco, i.e. the increase in legal fees, harassment of employees, and ever growing salary, I find it unbelievable that no one on the council has even challenged him on these fronts.

I guess he is the premium payment for all the re-election insurance. "Just blame me when something goes wrong, then it can never be held against you at election time."

I long for a time of officials with a backbone. I understand, that as an elected official, it is impossible to make everyone happy all the time, however, the use of a paid scapegoat sickens me.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

D'Arco receives the highest salary in Kearny, More than the Chief of Police,

and Fire Chief, And yes the council will not speak ill of Mr D'Arco.

D'Arco has cost taxpayers a great deal of money, To crack down on

Town workers, Even Police and Fire.

And back to the council they are afraid of D'Arco, Especially Doyle and Sherry.

D'Arco has some history, Claiming he was a POW in Vietnam, Which was

a lie. And other things!

It is the Mayor and councils job to run the town, That is why there are elected.

They gave this big Job to D'Arco to take heat off thenselves when things

go wrong like they often do.

Guest Concerned
D'Arco receives the highest salary in Kearny, More than the Chief of Police,

and Fire Chief, And yes the council will not speak ill of Mr D'Arco.

D'Arco has cost taxpayers a great deal of money, To crack down on

Town workers, Even Police and Fire.

And back to the council they are afraid of D'Arco, Especially Doyle and Sherry.

D'Arco has some history, Claiming he was a POW in Vietnam, Which was

a lie. And other things!

It is the Mayor and councils job to run the town, That is why there are elected.

They gave this big Job to D'Arco to take heat off thenselves when things

go wrong like they often do.

The Mayor & council have been hiding behind the BA since Kearny established this position. It's time the taxpayers realize that we should get rid of this position & make them do thier jobs or get rid of get rid of the incumbents. The leagal fees that that are "CREATED" by the people in this position (past & present) are astronomical. Wake up taxpayers & do something about this atrocity once & for all!!!!! Or the incubents will just keep smiling in your face saying "I don't know about that situation, I'll have to speak to Mr. D'Arco & get back to you on it."

Guest Guest
With all the questions surrounding Mr. D'Arco, i.e. the increase in legal fees, harassment of employees, and ever growing salary, I find it unbelievable that no one on the council has even challenged him on these fronts. 

I guess he is the premium payment for all the re-election insurance.  "Just blame me when something goes wrong,  then it can never be held against you at election time." 

I long for a time of officials with a backbone.  I understand, that as an elected official, it is impossible to make everyone happy all the time, however, the use of a paid scapegoat sickens me.

I agree, but there has't been any backbone since this Santos crew took over. It's damn unhealthy. There were always a few spineless ones, but all of these followers are spineless. That's exactly what they are...followers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I just heard that the B.A. came up with a new money saving scheme. It seems that our town employs several employees who serve in various branches of the reserves. For their troubles, he is instructing the respective bosses to "dock" their pay for the days that they serve their country. To all of you, thank you and God Bless you.

Mr. D'Arco you should be ashamed of yourself, I recall hearing somewhere that you are a veteran, I sure hope God has a sense of humor. Any Department heads who entertain this ridiculous policy should also be ashamed. When I hear things like this, I am almost afraid to say I'm from Kearny.

Mayor and Council, if these rumors are true, it is time to reign in your hired gun. He is now making all of us look bad.

I just heard that the B.A. came up with a new money saving scheme.  It seems that our town employs several employees who serve in various branches of the reserves.  For their troubles, he is instructing the respective bosses to "dock" their pay for the days that they serve their country.  To all of you, thank you and God Bless you.

Mr. D'Arco you should be ashamed of yourself, I recall hearing somewhere that you are a veteran,  I sure hope God has a sense of humor.  Any Department heads who entertain this ridiculous policy should also be ashamed.  When I hear things like this, I am almost afraid to say I'm from Kearny.

Mayor and Council, if these rumors are true, it is time to reign in your hired gun.  He is now making all of us look bad.

He's been many things in his mind, just call him Walter Mitty. This sounds like something he would come up with. I think he just gets off on being despicable. Hey, some people need to be loved he has a need to be hated. He's a pretender not real at all. He needs to feel powerful. He is just the bully that beat him up in the school yard. Only problem is we're paying for it now.

Love the Walter Mitty comparison. Funny. If this is true, about the reservists, that is really unbelievable. It should be interesting to see the reaction of our esteemed Mayor and Council on this matter.

I will not, however, hold my breath. I suspect they will say little or nothing; have to protect your re-election insurance.

Why is it, that everyone who posts under this topic shares the same opinion of Mr. D'Arco? If the man has no defenders, why in the world, does he still cash a check from the town of Kearny.

Come on council members, let's see some hutzpah. (sic?)

I just heard that the B.A. came up with a new money saving scheme.  It seems that our town employs several employees who serve in various branches of the reserves.  For their troubles, he is instructing the respective bosses to "dock" their pay for the days that they serve their country.  To all of you, thank you and God Bless you.

Mr. D'Arco you should be ashamed of yourself, I recall hearing somewhere that you are a veteran,  I sure hope God has a sense of humor.  Any Department heads who entertain this ridiculous policy should also be ashamed.  When I hear things like this, I am almost afraid to say I'm from Kearny.

Mayor and Council, if these rumors are true, it is time to reign in your hired gun.  He is now making all of us look bad.

The town has a policy to pay employees for time spent in Military in training.

Not those on full time active duty.

I'm not sure if that info is correct, i know of some people who are being docked their town pay for weekend drills. I would think those that serve deserve our very best, but I guess other people have other ideas.

That would be incorrect, the Fire Chief took care of that. doesn't have a whole lot of respect for the men that serve under him. Apparently, neither do you.

I also thought the personal attacks of family members of council people was unwarranted.

OK let's get it right,if a reservist has to go to drill weekend and he was scheduled to work that weekend,he's now told to take no pay for the days missed at work or use his vacation days.

there is specific cases covered by NJDOP(new jersey department of personnel)that states the employee will be paid in full and will not have to use vacation days or reschedule day's.

but i guest that rule only applies to the rest of New jersey and Not Kearny NJ.

Thank goodness, Mrs. Pettegrew's husband, a Kearny fireman keeps signing up to go..heard he also gets paid full salary while he's gone.

Firefighter Pettigrew is in the US Naval Reserve. In case you haven't been reading the papers over the last four years or so, we are engaged in a war. His unit was activated and you know the government frowns on reservists who don't show up for active duty.

Should he lose pay while he's in some God-forsaken hell hole protecting your sorry a**?

Be ashamed, be very ashamed!!!

Holy Crap, A. Realist and I finally agree on something.

ALERT THE PRESSES. I never thought that could happen, it feels different. If these reservists are being targeted, then the B.A., Mayor and Council, and all of us, (for allowing this) should be ashamed.

Firefighter Pettigrew is in the US Naval Reserve. In case you haven't been reading the papers over the last four years or so, we are engaged in a war. His unit was activated and you know the government frowns on reservists who don't show up for active duty.

Should he lose pay while he's in some God-forsaken hell hole protecting your sorry a**?

i think that was the point. he shouldn't lose pay and anyone else shouldn't lose pay. why is it ok for him and no one else? i think its a good question.

i think that was the point. he shouldn't lose pay and anyone else shouldn't lose pay. why is it ok for him and no one else? i think its a good question.

Pay them all and pay them well! These men deserve it after what they have seen and been through. Just think of how much money we pay D'Arco and he comes up with this! Man, what a money saver he is. How about the widows and orphans joe? can we save any money there. Check it out while your busy telling the council what great job your doing. Not!

Wow, thanks for that info. His unit must have been activated many times. I agree about the "hell hole". we don't belong there and neither to our troops. Still looking for the weapons................

Wow, thanks for that info. His unit must have been activated  many times.  I agree about the "hell hole". we don't belong there and neither to our troops. Still looking for the weapons................

Still looking? just keep in mind that some morming you might be going to work and wind up with those weapons up your ass. Individuals such as D'Arco take such pains to express their respect for those who serve to protect our way of life against those that would see it destroyed. We pay respect by hanging flags all over the town. But when it comes time to say thanks to those who serve we give them D'Arco. And what does he do?He gives them stress, like they need more. The Council should be ashamed for what they allow this individual to get away with. Like it or not he can only do what they allow him to do.

Still no one on the council has the character to stand up to their own hired gun. An absolute (bleeping) shame.

Note: the above post was edited by the writer to save the web administrator some time.

Still no one on the council has the character to stand up to their own hired gun.  An absolute (bleeping) shame.

And you know this because you are privy to every (bleeping) meeting and every (bleeping) conversation between every (bleeping) councilmember and the (bleeping) business administrator?

I remember when there was real discord on the council and town residents were appalled at the bickering that went on at meetings. Now that the M&C exercise a modicum of decorum, you assume that they don't discuss any differences of opinion before presenting a public persona.

There just ain't no pleasin' some folks!

Son, you just don't get it. If I work FOR you, and you tell me that the way I am going about my job has to stop, then either I stop and stay in your employ, or I move on to another job.

If you think that any of the members of the Mayor and Council have tried to reign him in, then you are the eternal optimist. This is just my opinion, but I have to assume that they either turned a blind eye to some of his nonsense, or they quietly approve.

If they are disappointed with his treatment of employees, and I think they should be, and he continues to do it, he can be stopped if they want to. Otherwise, you suggest that there has been a coup d'etat by an UNELECTED town official.

I knew the meeting of the minds between you and I would be short-lived. Just needed time to change back into your cheerleader uniform, huh?

Archived