I'm finished I can't take it

Guest Ajax

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think the Constitution is important.  It's been around for awhile and it may or may not last into the future.  The point is that Matthew fighting these petty issues

It wasn't a "petty issue." Paszkiewicz having gotten away with that for so long sets a very bad precedent, and it's little by little that domionist fundamentalists want to exert control over the way things are done in this country. They need to be headed off at every opportunity. We can't just ignore stuff like this--nipping stuff like this in the bud is good for everyone.

has nothing to do with the upholding the Constitution, and alot more to do with making people think his way.

I think that applies more to the bunch of kids who argued Paszkiewicz did nothing wrong (which he obviously did), lying to preserve his reputation because they think alike.

Guest 2smart4u
Sure, majority makes all the rules, right? Just like that woman at the February meeting said, we have to bend to the will of the Christian majority and ignore everyone else, right?

You sicken me.

Bend to the will of the Christian majority. For once you said somthing that made sense. Be careful where you get sick, don't throw up on your mommy's carpet.

Bend to the will of the Christian majority.  For once you said somthing that made sense.  Be careful where you get sick, don't throw up on your mommy's carpet.

Jesus! I am so F*&cking sick of Christians, Muslims and everything in between!

Please somebody, either PROVE that religion, any religion is actually right or shut the hell up! Religion is the number one cause for most of the pain and suffering in the world today. From Baghdad to Darfur. Please expalin to me why anyone should believe a single thing that ANY religion has to say!

It's all ABSOLUTE BULLSH@#T! Prove me wrong.

Why can't you just shut up and live in peace? Why is it so hard for people like you to understand that one simple little concept?!

You don't get it. Matthew doesn't go to school every year looking for an issue to take on. But somehow every year he has been in Kearny High, someone has managed to do something stupid, crossing an important Constitutional line. So every year Matthew has taken on one teacher or another, and guess what - Matthew has been vindicated every single time, without exception. Don't blame Matthew for the fact that some of the teachers at Kearny High don't understand the US Constitution. That's why the ADL is coming in to train them, and why the Board agreed for that to happen - so that this will stop happening.

As for past incidents, most of the teachers understood what Matthew was telling them. One teacher thought about it and acknowledged Matt's point; Matt was satisfied with that and that was the end of it. And you've never heard about it, now have you; in fact, you don't even know who that teacher is, and neither does the administration because Matthew never told them about it. Unlike Paszkiewicz, that teacher wasn't on an obvious and extended evangelical mission. That's the difference. So don't give me this garbage about Matthew being out to get teachers, because it's just not true. And if you ask me or Matthew who that teacher was, we won't tell you because the response was appropriate and under those circumstances it's best to let it rest. Another teacher publicly berated Matthew in front of an entire class, and told him that if he fought her on the issue he would lose; I wrote a letter to Mr. Mooney, that teacher publicly apologized to Matthew the very next day, and again that was the end of it. And again, you don't know who that is, do you. That teacher's response after the fact wasn't terrific, but at least she apologized and that was the end of it. Another teacher Matt had a run-in with now greets him very warmly every time she sees him, and they have an excellent relationship. It seems that she respects what he did in standing up to her, even though she didn't agree with him at the time. So when you make the charge that Matthew was in it for the publicity, I know that's not true, and he has a track record of resolving these matters privately without anyone outside the administration knowing about it.

The only teacher who has been so stubborn about this as to blow it up into international news is David Paszkiewicz. So Matthew continued to pursue the matter because he insists that teachers and administrators respect and abide by the US Constitution. Now maybe you don't think that the US Constitution is important, but we do.

Now why don't you recognize that Matthew's actions are a service to the community, and why did it take Matthew's presence in that school to bring about training this teaching staff has obviously needed for a long time? Why aren't you asking those questions?

So spins you.

Just as the Germans could have chosen to ignore what Hitler was doing to the Jews. They did ignore it and the result is written in red and black on the pages of history.

Sir or madam, I don't know how you really are, but you don't begin to understand patriotism.

The comparison is outrageous.

I have a serious question. Why don't you just put us on ignore? You'll have to sign up as a member, but so what?

It seems to me that there's nothing intrusive about our posting here. If you put someone on ignore, as I've done with Bryan, it's no longer a nuisance if that's how you receive it. It strikes me that something else is under your skin about this. Can you tell me why I should draw any other conclusion?

I'm trying to be fair here, and I don't wish to be a pain in the ass except to those who are being a pain in mine. And as you may have figured out by now, I'm not the kind of person who just goes away because someone doesn't like me or what I do. Give me a good explanation how I'm disrupting your use of this board in a way that you can't fix by putting me on ignore. I promise to give it serious consideration if you have a real reason, but I don't see how you could, especially given my experience ignoring Bryan recently. It really does make the problem go away. Why wouldn't it work for you?

I must admit you have a point. I agree acually. Carry on.

Guest 2smart4u
Jesus! I am so F*&cking sick of Christians, Muslims and everything in between!

Please somebody, either PROVE that religion, any religion is actually right or shut the hell up! Religion is the number one cause for most of the pain and suffering in the world today. From Baghdad to Darfur. Please expalin to me why anyone should believe a single thing that ANY religion has to say!

It's all ABSOLUTE BULLSH@#T! Prove me wrong.

Why can't you just shut up and live in peace? Why is it so hard for people like you to understand that one simple little concept?!

Decaf may help.