Lawsuit 1 by Cops

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

2 Bayonne Police Lts won their lawsuits against the Town and were promoted after they were passed over for promotion. The Town also gave them $125,000 to settle theior lawsuit. Is this going to happen in Harrison? The Mayor wants to promote his choices to Chief and Deputy Chief in the PD withjout a test. There are 4 eligible Captains. This is totally wrong, and the taxpayers will pay after the lawsuits are settled. The only one that will make out is Bob Murray the Town's Labor Lawyer who gets paid whether he wins or loses.

Guest Guest
2 Bayonne Police Lts won their lawsuits against the Town and were promoted after they were passed over for promotion. The Town also gave them $125,000 to settle theior lawsuit. Is this going to happen in Harrison?  The Mayor wants to promote his choices to Chief and Deputy Chief in the PD withjout a test. There are 4 eligible Captains. This is totally wrong, and the taxpayers will pay after the lawsuits are settled. The only one that will make out is Bob Murray the Town's Labor Lawyer who gets paid whether he wins or loses.

You are right, I think the person who is the best test taker should be the Chief, not the person who is best for the job, or most qualified. If we are lucky it will be someone who the Mayor really does not want; I'm sure the Police Department and the Town would be much better off that way. Let it go.......

Guest Guest
2 Bayonne Police Lts won their lawsuits against the Town and were promoted after they were passed over for promotion. The Town also gave them $125,000 to settle theior lawsuit. Is this going to happen in Harrison?  The Mayor wants to promote his choices to Chief and Deputy Chief in the PD withjout a test. There are 4 eligible Captains. This is totally wrong, and the taxpayers will pay after the lawsuits are settled. The only one that will make out is Bob Murray the Town's Labor Lawyer who gets paid whether he wins or loses.

You said the key word, "eligible". If all four are equally eligible, then no one got passed over. "Eligible" candidates were appointed to the positions, whether they were your choices or not.

Guest Guest

FLOP members stop crying, ** worry about babysitting and old man ** get over it ** is not going to get made. His mommy couldnt do it by crying to the mayor what makes you think he is going to give a test. Just face it his man is in place and the other 2 captains are going to have to deal with it. Dont you think they covered all there bases by calling murray, I am sure he approved of it like he does with everything else. Get a life all if you are pissed off RETIRE like ** did.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

The ones who were chosen are not the best choices. The other 2 are more qualified. If they are so well qualified, they should not be afraid to test for the position. The Chief's test shows who can best lead under pressure. Something that the chosen ones have not faced yet. One did plead guilty to 2 discipline charges and was suspended without pay both times. Best choice, I don't think so. B)

And now with the Feds investigating, I don't think anyone wants to make any mistakes.

Guest Town Resident

Lets avoid a lawsuit and save the taxpayers money. Have the test and make the top candidate. From what I've been told, the 2 Captains that were passed over are more mature and have excellent credentials. Civil Service was initiated to do away with the spoils system. :lol::o:lol:

Guest Professor

If they had the test yesterday the results would be the same.Where did the two passovers score in relation to the two appointees when they tested for Patrolman, Sgt., Lt., and Capt.?

Guest Civil Service Is What It Is.
Lets avoid a lawsuit and save the taxpayers money. Have the test and make the top candidate. From what I've been told, the 2 Captains that were passed over are more mature and have excellent credentials. Civil Service was initiated to do away with the spoils system. :P  :o  :unsure:

More mature? What excellent credentials might you be speaking of?

Guest Guest
Lets avoid a lawsuit and save the taxpayers money. Have the test and make the top candidate. From what I've been told, the 2 Captains that were passed over are more mature and have excellent credentials. Civil Service was initiated to do away with the spoils system. :P  :o  :unsure:

If by "more mature" you mean older, that is true. However, to say they are more deserving based on that fact would be discriminating against the other two candidates based on their age. I/m sure all four have excellent credentials, otherwise they would not have been promoted to the rank of Captain. There is no lawsuit to avoid. Let it go.........

Guest Guest
The ones who were chosen are not the best choices. The other 2 are more qualified. If they are so well qualified, they should not be afraid to test for the position. The Chief's test shows who can best lead under pressure. Something that the chosen ones have not faced yet. One did plead guilty to 2 discipline charges and was suspended without pay both times. Best choice, I don't think so. :unsure:

And now with the Feds investigating, I don't think anyone wants to make any mistakes.

The Chief's test shows nothing more than who is the best test taker. That is how MG got so far; it surely isn't by being the best cop.

Guest Guest
If they had the test yesterday the results would be the same.Where did the two passovers score in relation to the two appointees when they tested for Patrolman, Sgt., Lt., and Capt.?

tHE PERSON WHO SITS IN THE cHIEF'S oFFICE CAME OUT 5TH on the last promotion test. He wasn't supposed to make Captain but pursuaded the politicians to make him without pay. He has never finished first on any test and would probably come out last if a Chief's test were held. He is nothing else but a political choice who will do the politicians bidding. :unsure:

Guest Guest

another person just got a new job in town. Police chief has a secretary. What would you say that salary is? But the town is on a hiring freeze.

Guest Guest
tHE PERSON WHO SITS IN THE cHIEF'S oFFICE CAME OUT 5TH on the last promotion test. He wasn't supposed to make Captain but pursuaded the politicians to make him without pay. He has never finished first on any test and would probably come out last if a Chief's test were held. He is nothing else but a political choice who will do the politicians bidding. B)

Whatsomematter youse guys. No retort on the above quote. Maybe you can't speak cause its so true. B)

Soon the political payback will begin. Then we will all know the real cost of selling yourself and your self respect to get promoted.

I'm very suprised at DK but MG has been selling out for years.

Guest thats all

Thats all we need a disgruntle cop for Mayor (Hinchy for Mayor). If you look at the history of this site, it full of disgruntle cops whining. I would never vote one in as Mayor.

Guest Det. Sipowitz

B)B)

Soon the political payback will begin. Then we will all know the real cost of selling yourself and your self respect to get promoted.

I'm very suprised at DK but MG has been selling out for years.

Gee Whiz--

Who did either one of them ever sell out?

Think hard before you answer--because I think one if not both have probably saved your job more than once.

They sold themselves out. They both know they didn't deserve their promotions, they simply made a deal with politicians and others and were placed there.

It's a fact and well known that neither are the best man for the job but were simply the ones willing to play lets make a deal. We are all waiting to see what the future cost will be to the rest of the department when the return favors start coming in. You can argue this point forever but without a competitive test we will always believe the best men were not given a shot at either positions and this will effect the department.

Guest Guest
Thats all we need a  disgruntle cop for Mayor (Hinchy for Mayor).  If you look at the history of this site, it full of  disgruntle cops whining.  I would never vote one in as Mayor.

wrong hinchy idiot...

get your facts straight before posting

Guest Guest

Its so true. They have no respect from other members of the dept. Of course the PBA Prez won't say nothing cause he is sitting pretty in the day DB on orders from the Mayor and the former Prez is sitting on steady days order of the happy councilman. Sick leave abuse is rampant and OT is out of sight and the top guys don't know or are afraid to get a handle on it. Real soon, McDonuts will find out he made the wrong choice. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
HINCHY FOR MAYOR, SO THE HPD GUYS CAN MAKE SOME MONEY FOR A CHANGE

yeah right, his people are all up there lickin the right places the whole is in on the act now. make money? with ***** in office and his side kick bending over both family members are ***** it till they ***** it. what an a****e you people are. :lol::lol:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
Its so true. They have no respect from other members of the dept. Of course the PBA Prez won't say nothing cause he is sitting pretty in the day DB on orders from the Mayor and the former Prez is sitting on steady days order of the happy councilman. Sick leave abuse is rampant and OT is out of sight and the top guys don't know or are afraid to get a handle on it. Real soon, McDonuts will find out he made the wrong choice. :lol:

:lol::lol::o:lol:B)

Guest Guest
Its so true. They have no respect from other members of the dept. Of course the PBA Prez won't say nothing cause he is sitting pretty in the day DB on orders from the Mayor and the former Prez is sitting on steady days order of the happy councilman. Sick leave abuse is rampant and OT is out of sight and the top guys don't know or are afraid to get a handle on it. Real soon, McDonuts will find out he made the wrong choice. :lol:

Why shouldn't the Patrol Officers call in sick. They were just granted unlimited sick time and work shift work around the clock, while the PBA Prez works steady days with weekends and holidays off. We should all call in sick on weekends until we get steady shifts. The so called Interim Chief professed that shift work is unhealthy when he was on Patrol. Why then, doesn't he give the Patrol Officers steady shifts right now? Whats the incentive for us to come to work on summer weekends when we can just call in sick and stay at the beach. :lol::lol:

Guest well watsup
They sold themselves out. They both know they didn't deserve their promotions, they simply made a deal with politicians and others and were placed there.

It's a fact and well known that neither are the best man for the job but were simply the ones willing to play lets make a deal. We are all waiting to see what the future cost will be to the rest of the department when the return favors start coming in. You can argue this point forever but without a competitive test we will always believe the best men were not given a shot at either positions and this will effect the department.

WELL SAID AND OH SO TRUE. IT WILL NOT BE LONG BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT BEGINS TO FALL APART AND MORALE BEGINS TO PLUMMET

Archived