New HS will it open

Guest guest

Guest Guest
Does anyone know if the new high school will open in September?

From what I understand uniforms have been purchased for the students.

Board of Ed. currently adding new classes:Rowing 101, Swimming 102, Wading 103, Muskrat hunting 104, & Sewer repair 105! PRICELESS!!!

Guest Guest

:blink:

Board of Ed. currently adding new classes:Rowing 101, Swimming 102, Wading 103, Muskrat hunting 104, & Sewer repair 105!  PRICELESS!!!

Someone should contact the state authorities or the local news stations this has become a big embarresment.

Guest Guest
Board of Ed. currently adding new classes:Rowing 101, Swimming 102, Wading 103, Muskrat hunting 104, & Sewer repair 105!  PRICELESS!!!

If you think this is funny, wait until the first or second major Developer in the Redevelopment Area finishes building in a contaiminated flood plain!!!!

You think the $hit hit the fan here with the New school, wait it's only the warm up act. The main production is about to begin!!

Guest Concerned Parent

I know the flooding situation is not funny, but I thought this little tidbit was hysterical. Only in NJ could we have such a sick sense of humor!! PRICELESS!! What's the saying "that which does not kill you only makes you stronger". Anyway, I heard through the grapevine that the school is not going to open until January. Can anybody on the BOE respond to this?

Guest Guest
I know the flooding situation is not funny, but I thought this little tidbit was hysterical. Only in NJ could we have such a sick sense of humor!! PRICELESS!! What's the saying "that which does not kill you only makes you stronger". Anyway, I heard through the grapevine that the school is not going to open until January. Can anybody on the BOE respond to this?

The town got the school for free so what do you expect. Can't ever complain about a freebee. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Guest Mayor Mahogany!

Does anyone on the BOE have the ability to respond?

Guest Guest

Why would anyone on BOE respond to your inquiry on this forum? If you're "concerned" you're looking for answers in the wrong forum.

Guest guest

why is this new school having such flooding problems that the old high school didn't also experience? Didn't the engineers etc plan for such occurances?

Guest Guest
The town got the school for free so what do you expect. Can't ever complain about a freebee. Remember, you get what you pay for.

I get taxed on my income, everything I buy or own, the house I live in, the car I drive, my phone, my utilities, and even if I die they tax my estate. How can you say we got this school for free?

Guest Guest
why is this new school having such flooding problems that the old high school didn't also experience?  Didn't the engineers etc plan for such occurances?

I heard the engineer graduated from H. H. S. 2 years ago.

Also, that the const. mgr. for SCC used to be a janitor at the old H. S.

Guest Guest
I get taxed on my income, everything I buy or own, the house I live in, the car I drive, my phone, my utilities, and even if I die they tax my estate.  How can you say we got this school for free?

Ask the mayor and councilmen how much the town paid for the school.

Guest Mayor Mahogany !

The Guy, we want to hear from, on the BOE, is the previous " Director of Aquatics" at the H.S., once upon a time, the Great, J.F. He should be able to shed some water on the topic, literally!

Guest OPEN FORUM
Why would anyone on BOE respond to your inquiry on this forum? If you're "concerned" you're looking for answers in the wrong forum.

Who wrote this response, a member of the Board? The Board Meeting wouldn't be the correct forum either for this inquiry. No one on the Board can communicate. Have you ever spoken to any of these individuals, that sit on the Board? Let me know what you think exists on the other side of the eyes?

Guest Guest

Monday, August 06, 2007

By LYSA CHEN

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

HARRISON - The new high school is ready to go - as long as it doesn't rain.

The newly constructed school has been plagued with flooding troubles since April, but should still be ready to open at the beginning of the school year, said Kevin McAlroy, spokesman for the New Jersey Schools Construction Corp.

A manhole within a concrete plaza in front of the school overflowed in late April, causing a flash flood that seeped into the school from its perimeter, according to Mike Pichowicz, assistant business administrator of the Harrison Board of Education. The school flooded again July 11, McAlroy said.

Pichowicz said sandbags were placed along entrances at the front of the school as a temporary solution, and McAlroy said the NJSCC has created a "preliminary resolution" to correct draining near the school.

Flood damage inside the school - including damage done to the gym, auditorium and dance studio - will not be repaired until the NJSCC has resolved how to stop flooding from reoccurring, McAlroy said.

Pichowicz said he was confident the new high school will be ready to open by September.

"The school is mainly complete," he said. "They (the NJSCC) are working on it as we speak, and it'll be fixed sooner rather than later."

One of the new high school's major improvements will include a full service, "state-of-the-art" cafeteria, which will allow the school to hold a closed, on-campus lunch, Pichowicz said. Extracurricular rooms, such as media centers and a weightlifting room, will also be more centrally located, he said.

Harrison's Washington School will move to the old high school building, and Lincoln School will occupy the old Washington School building, Pichowicz said, adding that the district is ahead of schedule in moving the schools.

© 2007 The Jersey Journal

Monday, August 06, 2007

By LYSA CHEN

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

HARRISON - The new high school is ready to go - as long as it doesn't rain.

The newly constructed school has been plagued with flooding troubles since April, but should still be ready to open at the beginning of the school year, said Kevin McAlroy, spokesman for the New Jersey Schools Construction Corp.

A manhole within a concrete plaza in front of the school overflowed in late April, causing a flash flood that seeped into the school from its perimeter, according to Mike Pichowicz, assistant business administrator of the Harrison Board of Education. The school flooded again July 11, McAlroy said.

Pichowicz said sandbags were placed along entrances at the front of the school as a temporary solution, and McAlroy said the NJSCC has created a "preliminary resolution" to correct draining near the school.

Flood damage inside the school - including damage done to the gym, auditorium and dance studio - will not be repaired until the NJSCC has resolved how to stop flooding from reoccurring, McAlroy said.

Pichowicz said he was confident the new high school will be ready to open by September.

"The school is mainly complete," he said. "They (the NJSCC) are working on it as we speak, and it'll be fixed sooner rather than later."

One of the new high school's major improvements will include a full service, "state-of-the-art" cafeteria, which will allow the school to hold a closed, on-campus lunch, Pichowicz said. Extracurricular rooms, such as media centers and a weightlifting room, will also be more centrally located, he said.

Harrison's Washington School will move to the old high school building, and Lincoln School will occupy the old Washington School building, Pichowicz said, adding that the district is ahead of schedule in moving the schools.

© 2007  The Jersey Journal

What grades will remain at Lincoln School on Cross st?

who.s paying for the clean up in the high school-plus the new gym floor. what a waste of money

plus the 'new' chairs in the auditorium? What happens if after new floor, chairs, etc, there is 'another' flood and they are ruined 'again'? $$$$$$

IS THIS CLEAN-UP 'PERMANENT'?

bETTER WAIT FOR A COUPLE MORE GIGANIC FLOODS IN TOWN 'BEFORE' BUYING AND INSTALLING 'NEW' FLOORS & CHAIRS! $$$$$$$$

• 2 weeks later...
plus the 'new' chairs in the auditorium?  What happens if after new floor, chairs, etc, there is 'another' flood and they are ruined 'again'?  $$$$$$

IS THIS CLEAN-UP 'PERMANENT'?

bETTER WAIT FOR A COUPLE MORE GIGANIC FLOODS IN TOWN 'BEFORE' BUYING AND INSTALLING  'NEW' FLOORS & CHAIRS!  $$$$$$$$

The estimated cost of the new school was 17 Million. It is now over seventy million and counting.