Santos we have questions

Guest taxpaper

Guest taxpaper

Since I live on Schulyer Ave. near Bergan I would like to know if you can answer this will my property values be lower when Keegan landfill reopens?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest
Since I live on Schulyer Ave. near Bergan I would like to know if you can answer this will my property values be lower when Keegan landfill reopens?

I spoke to a local realtor and the answer is YES IT WILL LOWER THE VALUES. What makes sense is what Mr. Jim Mangin said was to go after the parties that were involved years ago.If Mayor Santos had to get a report card on his work with the environment he would get a F. Like someone said ITS ALL ABOUT $ MONEY $ .The Mayor is nervous he but us in the red raised our taxes and people are pissed.Santos will never admit he made a mistakes.

Guest A. Realist
I spoke to a local realtor and the answer is YES IT WILL LOWER THE VALUES. What makes sense is what Mr. Jim Mangin said was to go after the parties that were involved years ago.If Mayor Santos had to get a report card on his work with the environment he would get a F. Like someone said ITS ALL ABOUT $ MONEY $ .The Mayor is nervous he but us in the red raised our taxes and people are pissed.Santos will never admit he made a mistakes.

Your "local realtor" (if, indeed, you actually spoke to one) doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. For the past few years, as property values soared in Kearny, we have had in our midst a festering landfill, oozing toxic juices into our environment. I don't believe any prospective buyer or seller ever discussed its presence during property sale negotiations; and I'm sure no realtor ever brought it up!

So, you're saying now that there is a real plan to fix the problem and eventually actually make the land useful again, it becomes a factor in LOWERING property values? Not only does your "local realtor" not know his business, he has no common sense.

And cash, sweet cash, is a terrific bonus. Unless, of course, you'd rather the Mayor refuse it.

You and your realtor get an F in Logic 101.

Guest guest
Your "local realtor" (if, indeed, you actually spoke to one) doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. For the past few years, as property values soared in Kearny, we have had in our midst a festering landfill, oozing toxic juices into our environment. I don't believe any prospective buyer or seller ever discussed its presence during property sale negotiations; and I'm sure no realtor ever brought it up!

So, you're saying now that there is a real plan to fix the problem and eventually actually make the land useful again, it becomes a factor in LOWERING property values? Not only does your "local realtor" not know his business, he has no common sense.

And cash, sweet cash, is a terrific bonus. Unless, of course, you'd rather the Mayor refuse it.

You and your realtor get an F in Logic 101.

You really are a pea brain everyone knows this will lower values of property. The real estate in the part of Kearny Iam speaking of did not soar like other parts of Keany. Why take a long look around. Again Santos gets a F for his work in the environment. Sweet cash you state I guess thats how Santos thinks since he put us in the red.

Guest A. Realist
You really are a pea brain everyone knows this will lower values of property. The real estate in the part of Kearny Iam speaking of did not soar like other parts of Keany. Why take a long look around. Again Santos gets a F for his work in the environment. Sweet cash you state I guess thats how Santos thinks since he put us in the red.

Who is "everyone" and in what part of Kearny did property values decrease? Even the swamps are worth money!

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Guest Guest
Who is "everyone" and in what part of Kearny did property values decrease? Even the swamps are worth money!

You are an ass!! Try telling it to the people in the flood zone. And of course you don't consider what will happen when real estate values drop and the tax rates remain the same or increase. Now off to the puppet show with you.

Guest guest

If I pick up my house today and move it to say another part of Kearny IT WOULD BE WORTH MORE. WHY? LOCATION LOCATION. The Mayor lets trucks roll down streets spilling debris.And now he supports a landfill!!!! The Mayor and his puppets do not care about the part of Kearny I live in. But they have no problem raising taxes. Open your eyes when you stroll around. As someone once posted Rt. 440 looks better. What a ashame . GO NOW THE PUPPETS ARE CALLING THEY need HELP WITH THE STRINGS.

If I pick up my house today and move it to say another part of Kearny IT WOULD BE WORTH MORE. WHY? LOCATION LOCATION. The Mayor lets trucks roll down streets spilling debris.And now he supports a landfill!!!! The Mayor and his puppets do not care about the part of Kearny I live in. But they have no problem raising taxes. Open your eyes when you stroll around. As someone once posted Rt. 440 looks better. What a ashame . GO NOW THE PUPPETS ARE CALLING THEY need  HELP WITH THE STRINGS.

:P:D ok people play time is over! santos has allready made the deal with njmc debra mans with bay watch is looking at it know! you have a REAL PROBLEM NOW!!!!!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AND GET GOING DO WHAT EVER TO STOP SANTOS! YOU DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO VOTE ON IT AT THE VERY LEAST!!! ITS YOUR TOWN NOT HIS OR NJMC!!!!!!!!!! TAKE IT BACK!!! :angry::angry:

Guest A. Realist
If I pick up my house today and move it to say another part of Kearny IT WOULD BE WORTH MORE. WHY? LOCATION LOCATION. The Mayor lets trucks roll down streets spilling debris.And now he supports a landfill!!!! The Mayor and his puppets do not care about the part of Kearny I live in. But they have no problem raising taxes. Open your eyes when you stroll around. As someone once posted Rt. 440 looks better. What a ashame . GO NOW THE PUPPETS ARE CALLING THEY need  HELP WITH THE STRINGS.

And if I moved my house from ** ******* Street to Webster Avenue, it might be worth more; but it has nothing to do with the staus of the landfill. There are dozens of factors that have made certain locations more desirable than others, however the landfill is not one of those factors.

I know you don't want to hear it, but one of the reasons property is so valuable here is because the town has become more financially stable and more developmentally promising since Santos is mayor. Evidence is the current interest of multiple developers and the town's favorable credit/bond rating.

At the risk of sounding repetitive--YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

PS In case you're interested there's a piece of land on 440 that's available.

Guest Guest
And if I moved my house from ** ******* Street to Webster Avenue, it might be worth more; but it has nothing to do with the staus of the landfill. There are dozens of factors that have made certain locations more desirable than others, however the landfill is not one of those factors.

I know you don't want to hear it, but one of the reasons property is so valuable here is because the town has become more financially stable and more developmentally promising since Santos is mayor. Evidence is the current interest of multiple developers and the town's favorable credit/bond rating.

At the risk of sounding repetitive--YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Yeah, everyone wants a home with a landfill view. You are truly a horses ass.

Guest guest1212

Let me ask ,do you live on any streets near the Keegan Landfill? If we are so stable why are we in the RED? Santos raises taxes again and again.

Guest Auditor

"town's favorable credit/bond rating." The bond rating is so bad that we are now in the status of Camden. The State of New Jersey backs our bonds and therefore our bond rating is good. If the State did not guarantee payment our bond rating would be equal to a junk bond rating. Santos is responsible for the mismanagement of our finances and sadly he has done nothing to correct it for the future. He is waiting to become Senator so he can leave the headache to someone else. He just does not get it and everyone yes's him because they are afraid of his ego turning on them.

Guest A. Realist
Let me ask ,do  you live on any streets near the Keegan Landfill? If we are so stable why are we in the RED? Santos raises taxes again and again.

Do you know anything about local geographics? This is a small town--everyone in Kearny lives near the landfill!

Rising taxes are a fact of life, everywhere. I can't think of one municipality in our vicinity that has reduced taxes in recent years. In my opinion, Santos has been more than diligent in his approach to balancing Kearny's budget despite increased costs in providing services, employee benefits, educational mandates and various insurance premiums. (Items over which the town has little or no control). I'm sure the Mayor and Council, most of whom are homeowners/taxpayers, would welcome your constructive alternatives. Ah, but then, you never really have any, do you?

Guest guest 1212
"town's favorable credit/bond rating."  The bond rating is so bad that we are now in the status of Camden.  The State of New Jersey backs our bonds and therefore our bond rating is good.  If the State did not guarantee payment our bond rating would be equal to a junk bond rating.  Santos is responsible for the mismanagement of our finances and sadly he has done nothing to correct it for the future.  He is waiting to become Senator so he can leave the headache to someone else.  He just does not get it and everyone yes's him because they are afraid of his ego turning on them.

You are right everyone yes's Santos. The puppets nod and thats it.

Guest A. Realist
Yeah, everyone wants a home with a landfill view.  You are truly a horses ass.

No, quite the contrary. We all want a solution that will eventually rid us of that particular panorama. That's exactly what the new plan will do....or we could just let it sit and fester and ooze and contaminate forever! I repeat---it's a NO-BRAINER. (Oops, sorry, no personal inference intended.)

Oh, and I love you, too!

Guest A. Realist
"town's favorable credit/bond rating."  The bond rating is so bad that we are now in the status of Camden.  The State of New Jersey backs our bonds and therefore our bond rating is good.  If the State did not guarantee payment our bond rating would be equal to a junk bond rating.  Santos is responsible for the mismanagement of our finances and sadly he has done nothing to correct it for the future.  He is waiting to become Senator so he can leave the headache to someone else.  He just does not get it and everyone yes's him because they are afraid of his ego turning on them.

Thank you for bringing up the program that allows for Kearny Municipal Bonds to be guaranteed by the State of New Jersey. I'd almost forgotten about that. How smart of our Mayor to apply for and be accepted into the plan! Kearny joins other Hudson County communities like Bayonne, Hoboken, etc. in achieving AAA ratings and excellent interest rates because of this program, however even without the state's assistance, Kearny still has an underlying investment grade rating--NOT JUNK BOND RATING.

If you were really an auditor, you would know that in today's market, there are only a handful of very upscale communities that realize top bond ratings without state guarantees. (You must've missed that class at Auditor School)

And I told you before (now listen up): he's staying here even after he becomes a State Senator.

Guest Guest
Thank you for bringing up the program that allows for Kearny Municipal Bonds to be guaranteed by the State of New Jersey. I'd almost forgotten about that. How smart of our Mayor to apply for and be accepted into the plan! Kearny joins other Hudson County communities like Bayonne, Hoboken, etc. in achieving AAA ratings and excellent interest rates because of this program, however even without the state's assistance, Kearny still has an underlying investment grade rating--NOT JUNK BOND RATING.

If you were really an auditor, you would know that in today's market, there are only a handful of very upscale communities that realize top bond ratings without state guarantees. (You must've missed that class at Auditor School)

And I told you before (now listen up): he's staying here even after he becomes a State Senator.

That remains to be seen. The senator part that is.

Guest guest 1212

:D:unsure:

Do you know anything about local geographics? This is a small town--everyone in Kearny lives near the landfill!

Rising taxes are a fact of life, everywhere. I can't think of one municipality in our vicinity that has reduced taxes in recent years. In my opinion, Santos has been more than diligent in his approach to balancing Kearny's budget despite increased costs in providing services, employee benefits, educational mandates and various insurance premiums. (Items over which the town has little or no control). I'm sure the Mayor and Council, most of whom are homeowners/taxpayers, would welcome your constructive alternatives. Ah, but then, you never really have any, do you?

Listen we know who you are and we do not care your house will not have a view of this landfill ?? That ends that. What about the lease was not signed and Santos has the money. Something sounds strange here..............

Guest Guest
No, quite the contrary. We all want a solution that will eventually rid us of that particular panorama. That's exactly what the new plan will do....or we could just let it sit and fester and ooze and contaminate forever! I repeat---it's a NO-BRAINER. (Oops, sorry, no personal inference intended.)

Oh, and I love you, too!

Oh that's the solution! Riiiight!!! :D

What flavor Kool-Aid would you like?

Guest Guest

"Most" is a well chosen word. Spin, spin, spin but be careful not to tangle up the puppet strings. Kool-Aid will be served after the performance.

Guest A. Realist
A Senator that still lives with his Mom! That should make the other Senators really stand up and take notice! :D  :unsure:

It just gets easier and easier to get a rise out of you guys! And when you're frustrated your responses just get dumber and dumber!

Read the last few posts responding to mine. Aren't you embarrassed? You should be!