Tom Powell

Guest Harrisonian

Guest MUST READ

http://theobserver.com

Plans to build a new $101 million stadium in Harrison are moving forward 
Sakiewicz said that the formal application for 70 percent of the funding for the project, from the town of Harrison with the Hudson County Improvement Authority as an active agent, should take place later this month,  provided that the Harrison town council approves the application process

Hello, 70% of 101 million is 70 Million dollars to be paid by the town of HARRISON especially if this thing crumbles and the MLS goes out of business. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. CALL AND COMPLAIN:

Mayor McDonough .(973)485-1230

Councilman Villata .Unlisted

Councilman Pettigrew .(973) 350-9647

Councilman Kelly .(973) 483-1437

Councilman Dolaghan .Unlisted

Councilman Di Salvo .Unlisted

Councilman Doran .(973) 483-1619

Councilman Rodgers .(973) 268-9623

Councilwoman Mandaglio .Unlisted

The Harrison town council will act on the funding application on March 25.  Mayor Raymond McDonough and the Harrison Re-Development Authority will then presented it before the April 1 deadline.   
The other $71 million will come from a bond orchestrated by the Hudson County Improvement Authority, which will be repaid by property taxes and revenues stemming from commuter and public parking near the site.

INCASE YOUR PROPERTY TAXES WEREN'T HIGH ENOUGH... OH YEAH THE MAYOR DOESN'T PAY PROPERTY TAXES, WHAT DOES HE CARE??

“We also hope to have college and high school sporting events at the stadium as well,” Sakiewicz said.

They are relying on hopes and dreams. What is this a practical joke???? Hello? Is anyone out there?? Does anyone but Tom Powell have an opinion on this??? I think it's time you tell as many people as you can about this site, www.kearnyontheweb.com, so we can educate our selves on the truth and try to stop a huge mistake.!

Sakiewicz said that the 135 acres that will include the stadium and the parking deck are part of the area designated as a redevelopment zone by the town of Harrison, so that eliminates any problems with eminent domain issues. 

And that means if you thought you owned the property you don't, because the MAYOR split 1/3 of this town and gave it to three developers to do what ever they wish pretty much. And their is no fool play.. (thats for you ha ha).

But honestly, what about the traffic 20,000 people are going to bring to Harrison?? That should be worked on first. The Redevelopment people talk about a new bridge to newark (so the dirt can come over easier) and a new ramp for 280. Neither of these projects are going to happen. They are both state funded when the state is in one of it's worst debts. People don't be fooled call and complain. Make a difference...Tell all your friends about this site too.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Truth Hurts

I CAN TELL BY THE LACK OF RESPONSE THAT THE TRUTH HURTS. THE METROSTARS ARE GOING TO BE A CATASTROPHE FOR THE TOWN OF HARRISON AND AS PLAIN AS BLACK AND WHAT YOUR PRAPOSAL OF TWO 2 FAMILY HOMES IS WRONG AND SHOWS HEAVY FAVORITISM BY THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL. THIS COUNCIL IS DOING A HORRIBLE JOB.

Guest Another Superintendent

What is your feeling on the Powell's daughter being promoted to Assistant Superintendent of Schools when the new high school is built? It is being discussed by the Board of Education, any insiders have information?

Guest old timer
Call our Mayor and ask him how Thomas Powell is allowed to build 2 two family homes on a piece of property thats not big enough!! Mayor McDonough .(973)485-1230

each property is supposed to be 25 feet by 100 and they are not... or are we all going to get special privileges??? 

Anyone try calling? Any responce?
I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.

It is my understanding that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted. 

Guest Guest

you are insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can our Town ever be successful with a bunch of idiots like yourselves?????Don't you guys have a life??? I feel a little guilty for wasting my time reading your nonsense, but rumors make you curious... I said, she said ...he did...GROW UP GUYS......

Guest Another Superintendent

What is your feeling on the Powell's daughter being promoted to Assistant Superintendent of Schools when the new high school is built? It is being discussed by the Board of Education, does anyone have a big problem with this or is it just me??

Guest Joe Dirt

The Sad thing is the sarcasm in that post is a reality. Im just glad people are speaking up, especially while the attorney generals office is in town. By the way, if Murry wore a wire in Hudson county, ( after caught double billing and forced to cooperate with the AG) and helped bring down Janizewski, what makes you think he kept his secrets with you Ray ??? :lol:

Guest MonkeyNuts

Sad thing about it is, Tom represents all off Hudson County not just Harrison. Sure feel sorry for any of the other boys down at PVSC. He has abused his position to the MAX. Showing up at other commissioners towns trying to take advantage of photo opportunities. Taking credit for things you couldn't think of on your best day. Remeber Tom you see the same people on the way down. And on the way down someone will put there foot up your ass.

Guest The Commish

Hey Tom, what position did you give to Victor Villaltas son? Didn't take long for you to get him into PVSC did it. Is he going to get a big promotion soon too? Or was that only for the Pipe fitter?

Guest Joe Dirt

QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 22 2004, 10:57 AM)

The mayor is a good man. He only promotes the best available candidates. If you are so unhappy with the towns structure and your job, then quit. The only ones that seem unhappy are the cops, and after that last ticket blitz the people must love you even more.

If you are so unhappy with the towns structure and your job, then quit. The only ones that seem unhappy are the cops,

You have just shown your ignorance. Can I also quit paying taxes ??? I think Not !!! This is more than a few promotions, its a spark that ignited a fire and damn is it gonna burn!!!! Mismanagement and closed door policies funded by public funds have put many a politician in JAIL. ( Leo Vartan make room, fluff a pillow for Ray) The police department arent the only unhappy employee's. The Town of Harrison is unhappy and they have been for years. Increasingly so is the Hispanic community who is largely misrepresented. How do you substantiate 73% of the towns people are of hispanic origin yet 96% of town employee's are caucasion predominantly of Italian or Irish decent. I never said Ray Mcdonough was a bad man, but he is a good ole boy taking care of his own. Problem is he has forgotten every citizen in the Town of Harrison are one of his own now that he is Mayor. Harrison needs to clean house and The Attorney Generals office is carrying the broom !!! Hold onto your hats, here it comes !!!

QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 22 2004, 10:57 AM)

The mayor is a good man. He only promotes the best available candidates. If you are so unhappy with the towns structure and your job, then quit. The only ones that seem unhappy are the cops, and after that last ticket blitz the people must love you even more. 

If you are so unhappy with the towns structure and your job, then quit. The only ones that seem unhappy are the cops,

You have just shown your ignorance. Can I also quit paying taxes ??? I think Not !!! This is more than a few promotions, its a spark that ignited a fire and damn is it gonna burn!!!! Mismanagement and closed door policies funded by public funds have put many a politician in JAIL. ( Leo Vartan make room, fluff a pillow for Ray) The police department arent the only unhappy employee's. The Town of Harrison is unhappy and they have been for years. Increasingly so is the Hispanic community who is largely misrepresented. How do you substantiate 73% of the towns people are of hispanic origin yet 96% of town employee's are caucasion predominantly of Italian or Irish decent. I never said Ray Mcdonough was a bad man, but he is a good ole boy taking care of his own. Problem is he has forgotten every citizen in the Town of Harrison are one of his own now that he is Mayor. Harrison needs to clean house and The Attorney Generals office is carrying the broom !!! Hold onto your hats, here it comes !!!

To Joe Dirt,

Please do not post the same message on each subtopic. I have deleted your duplicate posts. Pick a subtopic and post once. Visitors to KOTW do not need to read the same post over and over again. Your cooperation is appreciated.

KOTW

Guest Guest
Sad thing about it is, Tom represents all off Hudson County not just Harrison. Sure feel sorry for any of the other boys down at PVSC. He has abused his position to the MAX. Showing up at other commissioners towns trying to take advantage of photo opportunities. Taking credit for things you couldn't think of on your best day. Remeber Tom you see the same people on the way down. And on the way down someone will put there foot up your ass.
Thats SENATOR SACCOS WORK FOR SURE. NEXT ELECTION LETS NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!!

Guest MonkeyNuts

I don't think Sacco is to blame. I don't think he knows a quarter of the stunts that Powell has pulled. I just hope that when someone from Hudson county gets in trouble he fights as hard for them as he fought for his incompetent son. The funny part is his son lives in Brick Town not even from Hudson County. Powell is a wannabe. All he did was make a whole bunch of enemies with bully tactics. He really does not have the support of the commission. If Ray leaves he is done. I don't doubt that his daughter will get the job in question. He has loaded the deck in his favor. The only guys getting jobs and promotions are harrison residents. Unfortunately thats the way it is. Keep posting. MonkeyNuts

Guest The last fiance

Congradulations Tommy Boy; I hear your little girl just got her fourth Diamond Ring. What a collection. Let's see how long it takes her to dumb this one.........

Guest Guest
undefined
Call our Mayor and ask him how Thomas Powell is allowed to build 2 two family homes on a piece of property thats not big enough!! Mayor McDonough .(973)485-1230 each property is supposed to be 25 feet by 100 and they are not... or are we all going to get special privileges???   

Anyone try calling? Any responce?

I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.  It is my understanding  that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted. 

Yeah, My concern is if the AG would like to take a look into this? I'm tired of typical Harrison polotics. Get out of the HPD's hair and give back the money you might have taken. Do the tax payers a favor!!

Guest Why so sensitive?

Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Powell

Did you notice that short men always try to get all the power ? Why are they so sensative about their hight ?

Guest Guest
Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Powell

Did you notice that short men always try to get all the power ? Why are they so sensative about their hight ?

They took fall eventually:

Napoleon= Waterloo

Hitler = Allies

Stalin = The Purges

Powell = PVSC, Dep. Mayor and his Daughter the next SUPT of Schools

Guest Guest
I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.  It is my understanding  that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

So how is the progress going THOMAS? :blink:

Guest Guest

Hey Little Guy, you have been quiet for a few days. Where are you on another Passaic Valley trip, checking out other states or country’s SH*T? You must really know your SH*T. did the very anticipated wedding happen already or is the engagement off again? Maybe ******** got to her too.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited to remove inappropriate content.

Archived