Tom Powell

Guest Harrisonian

dont blame him, blame the town,he is only doing what everyone else is doing-WAIT till the sewer system fails because of two houses in the place of one trust me the sewer system is ready to let go ,its undersized NOW

And what about the 'tight' parking near a person's house; especially for the tenant who has even 'less' room to find a parking spot after one house is torn down and two 'narrow' ones are 'squeezed' in the spot. The garage and driveway area is so narrow, there probably isn't even enough room for all the cars in the landlord's family!

Other towns are ending up with 'bigger' McMansions being built, while Harrison is getting tiny, plain, houses, with rooms so narriw, that there is not enough room for a 'complete ' parlor set or 'whole' master bedroom set to 'comfortably fit in ie: full/queen bed, long dresser, chest of drawers, 2 night tables; not to mention a hope chest or a 'ladies' chair.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)+Feb 14 2006, 12:15 PM-->

QUOTE (B) @ Feb 14 2006, 12:15 PM)
You know I don't hear  anyone complaining about the DON of Harrison building 3 illegal homes on a 50 x 100!!!??

Lord! How does he get 3 "NORMAL" size house To 'FIT' on a 50 100 lot, 'unless' there is 'ONLY' 3 'comforable' size rooms on "EACH' floor in order to accomodate a 'complete' bedroom, livingroom and kitchen set.

Wich DON?  The DON who is a boss at PVSC or the DON who was on HBO? B)  B)

that's what harrison is ........one big old shoe box and plenty of stinky feet to go around and f*ck with it!

don't blame powell or higgins look within yourself then ask WHY?

that's what harrison is ........one big old shoe box and plenty of stinky feet to go around and f*ck with it!

don't blame powell or higgins look within yourself then ask WHY?

"Look within myself" That is an easy thing to do. I can get up every morning, and know I am a good, providing parent. One who isnt afraid to speak the truth about the political mess, and the blatant form of nepotism and favoritism in the State. I Can "look within myself" becasue i am not "attached" nor give a rats ass what anyone in Harrison says or thinks (The idiots in the Harrison Government). I can say what I want, because there are no repercussions, as far as losing a job, or having someone pissed at me. The fact that you get mad, and actually respond and defend the people we talk about, shows 1 of 2 things........ YOU, have a job through this meatball, or you are a family friend or member. OR, 2. You are blind and been living in cave!

Ok now that answers some questions - PV is the spot where "several" Harrison residents are employeed due to the connections they have.  I hear that in order to work there you must know somebody - only way to get in!!  I guess that is typical of one hand washed the other.

U got that right DUDE :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Date: 1994/01/12 Wednesday Page: Section: NEWS Edition: FINAL Size: 0 words

HARRISON BOARD REJECTS 'INCOMPLETE' MALL PLAN

TOWANDA UNDERDUE

The plan for a $25 million shopping mall on Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard in Harrison was blocked following the planning board's unanimous rejection of an ''incomplete'' application. At its Monday night meeting, the board denied the application by G. Heller Enterprises of Engelwood Cliffs after members complained they had not received an independent traffic study and the revisions to the original mall proposal. Heller Enterprises is expected to submit a complete application soon, said board attorney John Pinho. If it arrives in time, the proposal will be discussed at the Feb. 14 meeting, he added.

''There definitely will be plenty of notice in the newspapers before the new application is heard,'' Harrison Engineer Joseph Cundari told an audience of some 20 people Monday night. After the application is submitted, the developer will have to explain any changes to the original proposal at a public hearing, Cundari said. When the mall was discussed at the Nov. 22 meeting, some 50 residents voiced fears about increased traffic on Rodgers Boulevard and possible increases in crime, noise and air pollution. The concerns were repeated Monday night. In addition to enduring traffic generated by the mall, residents would be affected by traffic entering and exiting a proposed Public Service Electric & Gas Co. (PSE&G) maintenance yard that will be constructed on Cape May Street, said resident Thomas Powell. ''About 125 Public Service vehicles would be involved,'' he contended. ''There is going to be too much traffic coming in and out of town.'' Gene Heller, president of G. Heller Enterprises, has said the 250,000- square-foot mall would be located on a warehouse site at 1000 Frank E. Rodgers Blvd. If the project is approved, the road would be widened, eliminating some on-street parking on both it and Middlesex Street, he has said. A parking garage would be constructed with meters to compensate for the lost street parking, he said. In addition, some 1,300 parking spaces would be available in front of the mall for shoppers, he said. The mall would be anchored by a Bradlees store and would attract a maximum of 2,500 shoppers per day, Heller said. The project would generate 600 jobs and $300,000 in tax ratables, he added.

URL: <a href="/texis/search/story.html?table=sl1994&id=312518e016e">HARRISON BOARD REJECTS 'INCOMPLETE' MALL PLAN</a>

Redevlopment Board

Douglas Da Rocha

Anthony Comprelli

James Fife

Peter B. Higgins III

Rodrigo Marques

Raymond J. McDonough

Thomas Powell

Executive Director

Gregory Kowalski, Esq.

How can Thomas Powell a board member of the Harrison Redevelopment think that a 20,000 seat stadium will have less traffic?

Thomas, I know you read this site. Can you give me your opinion. Please.

Post it so we can all read it!

Michael Fernández

Guest answer the question about the tr

answer the question about the traffic!!

How contradicting.

Thomas Powell

- salary = $50,000+ family members paid by town

- position = NPP Cprdinator (Neighborhood PRESERVATION PROGRAM) B)

As Neighborhood preservation Cordinator, he knocks down a 1 family and puts 2 two family homes B) THATS A PERFECT WAY TO PRESERVE THE NEIGHBORHOOD

ANSWER THAT ONE TOO.

Guest Guest
answer the question about the traffic!!

How contradicting. 

Thomas Powell

- salary = $50,000+ family members paid by town

- position = NPP Cprdinator (Neighborhood PRESERVATION PROGRAM)  :huh:

As Neighborhood preservation Cordinator, he knocks down a 1 family and puts 2 two family homes :lol:   THATS A PERFECT WAY TO PRESERVE THE NEIGHBORHOOD

ANSWER THAT ONE TOO.

As NPP cordinator, how can you explain your $40,000+ a year salary!!! ANSWER THE QUESTION THOMAS POWELL OR MOVE OUT ALREADY!!!!!!/size]

Archived