big mouth citizen

Guest guest

I can't see cops going to a 4th of july bbq where a family is having a party, and writing a ticket to an adult there for lighting off a firework.....people in this town are rediculous, i guarantee they are calling the cops left and right about fireworks on july 4th..its not like fireworks just came out this year..they been around forever........guess what people its july 4th.....or maybe there are too many NON-americans in this town to celebrate....but thats another topic to debate...lol..

Which leads me to wonder, again, why they're illegal to begin with if no one seems to care?

Guest Big Mouth Supporter
The citizen who made the complaint has lived on Webster for many years and I believe has not made many complaints in the past, if any.

The residents on Webster aren't making a big deal about this and since none of the posters here sign their names we really don't know who is making it a big deal.

The police officers involved should not, and I am sure never again will, disturb the peace of our community and its residents.

Everyone doesn't hate the cops, I actually think they're great.

I just wish they would leave the rabble rousing to professionals.

Be safe and have a Happy Fourth of July!

See you at the fireworks!

We have a permit.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.  Since KOTW could not verify the identity of the poster, the signature (where the ***'s appear) was edited.

Thank you Big Mouth Councilwoman, and thank you to the Big Mouth Citizen who reported the incident in the first place.

You did the right thing. You may have saved someone from blowing their own hand off. The professionals that set off fireworks on the 4th of July are just that, professionals.

Like BMCW said, the police are great and they do their jobs well. Their job is to protect and serve. As for the citizens who light off fireworks on the 4th of July, have fun! Just don't get caught, especially if you live in the area by the park where the Police were lighting them off (LOL).

Guest guest

why is this such a big deal? it was fireworks. i have been a resident of this town for many years, and usually do light off some fireworks around the 4th of july for my kids, who love them. usually the cops come around and "ask" politely for me to stop, to which i oblige. this is not the first time fireworks have gone off in this town by joe citizen, or a cop i'm sure, and it is being blown out of proportion. i am sure chief dowie knows about the fireworks, and who it was and he will address it. hopefully he will address it with the same courtesy and respect the police give everyone else gets for setting them off. once again, don't make this a big deal people, most of us are guilty of something every day(speeding,rolling through stop signs, loud noise, parking where we shouldn't,etc)and get away with it. a warning like the rest of us get is fair enough.

Wait a minute, are you guys actually -surprised- that there are cops breaking laws? I see it nearly every day. When I worked at Shop-Rite, there was an officer whose name I never knew who would come in almost every day and buy his lunch from foods to go. He would park in the fire lane; I guess cops are above looking for parking spaces, eh? Nevermind that if there were an actual fire and a truck needed to park there, he'd be putting every last employee and customer there at risk. Who cares about those minor details? And now that I work out of town, I see them parking very frequently in the only handicapped space in my business' parking lot just to go into the 7-11 next door to buy a drink, or snacks, or a newspaper. I'm sure they don't care about the elderly customers who really need that close space. And how many cops have I seen speeding without their flashers, making illegal u-turns when not in pursuit of a criminal, etc? I couldn't even tell you. The list goes on and on. If I've seen this much activity and I'm only 23, how the hell do you all still have a blindfold on? Most of you seem much older than I am.