Jim Mangin run again

Guest guest

Guest Guest_taxpayer_*
Mr. Mangin has posted true information regarding the flooding. My neighbors are still living with this nightmare of raw sewage. You can praise Santos all you want. But on this issue Mr. Mangin is only stating the TRUTH. Bottom line is SantosĀ  and his team did NOTHING to help my neighbors.LET THE TRUE FACTS BE TOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Its time the ball gets dropped on Santos. When I first saw this in our paper I couldnt beleive our officials would let residents live for years with a health hazard .

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Jim, why not form a complete ticket for next years primary?

Hit him from all four corners with educated people.

Any ideas on qualified people to run in each ward?

Any ideas from anyone as to whom they would like to have

sitting on the town council representing them?

Remember if legislation is passed, The ring leader and his clowns

be in power for four-year terms

Guest A. Realist
Jim, why not form a complete ticket for next years primary?

Hit him from all four corners with educated people.

Any ideas on qualified people to run in each ward?

Any ideas from anyone as to whom they would like to have

sitting on the town council representing them?

Remember if legislation is passed, The ring leader and his clowns

be in power for four-year terms

Wow, what a great idea!! No one's ever tried that before!! (Not really "up" on things, huh?)

PS The Governor already signed the bill into law. The show is in town for four years. Happy days are here again, and again, and again and again!

If these are happy days, then you are a bigger fool than I originally thought.

Half measures Santos is long on talk and short on action. Redevelopment in the first ward, not finished; the long standing sewage problem on the lower end of King/Schuyler, not finished; a business administrator who, quite possibly harasses employees, got that one; municipal contracts that drag on for years resulting in large retro payments, despite promises to the contrary, NOT FINISHED. And the coup de grace: after years of knowing that there is a town wide problem with the 911 system, or the lack thereof, not until it happens in his mother's neighborhood is it a real problem.

True, he completed the street scape, and the streets are getting their election year skim coat, but this guy is resting on accomplishments too few to mention.

It's as much about what hasn't been done as what has. How's the Applebee's coming, seen no work there for MONTHS.

Perhaps the gals can help you furnish a response. I grow weary of educating you.

Guest A. Realist
If these are happy days, then you are a bigger fool than I originally thought.

Half measures Santos is long on talk and short on action.Ā  Redevelopment in the first ward, not finished; the long standing sewage problem on the lower end of King/Schuyler, not finished; a business administrator who, quite possibly harasses employees, got that one; municipal contracts that drag on for years resulting in large retro payments, despite promises to the contrary, NOT FINISHED.Ā  And the coup de grace: after years of knowing that there is a town wide problem with the 911 system, or the lack thereof, not until it happens in his mother's neighborhood is it a real problem.

True, he completed the street scape, and the streets are getting their election year skim coat, but this guy is resting on accomplishments too few to mention.

It's as much about what hasn't been done as what has.Ā  How's the Applebee's coming, seen no work there for MONTHS.

Perhaps the gals can help you furnish a response.Ā  I grow weary of educating you.

I guess like the old adage goes, some see the glass half empty while others see it half full. I've always been an optimist myself, so seeing projects at least getting off the ground after years of stagnation, is extremely promising.

Since you pride yourself on educating others, let's see how much you really know:

Can you name at least three of the developers vying for the Passaic Avenue project?

Which of the municipal contracts have already been settled? What were the terms?

Who is holding up contract negotiations? The Town or the unions?

Historically, are municipal contracts ever settled without retro pay?

Where in Kearny have the sewers already been separated?

Do you know all of the streets that were repaved in the 2004 budget?

Do you know which streets are scheduled to be done in the 2005 budget?

How is the street project funded?

How often do you interact with the BA in order to witness his "harassment" of employees?

Get the point? You're long on innuendo, short on real information.

PS Please don't stop trying to educate me. I'm always open to learning, but first you need to have something of value to to teach me.

Before being able to achieve learning you must first have an open mind. With it so far up Santos' tail end, that would be difficult.

But, the purpose of my post was to expose campaign promises that are unfulfilled.

No one, and I mean no one, should be happy about the status of the property at the corner of Passaic and Belgrove, that property has looked like a war zone since the fire, ( I believe it was 1986, not exactly sure.)

The status of the contracts was a huge campaign promise of Santos, promising to not let it go as long as they had in the past. This, of course, was followed by the Fire Officers not having a contract for almost six years, (assuming the other posts are accurate.) And I would bet my last dollar that the delay is more town than union. Of this, I have real accurate source info. (No, I won't tell you from where.)

The sewage, five years is too long, PERIOD! This, too, is not Santos fault, but a problem that has gotten worse, and as mayor has now fallen into his lap.

Your question of the companies to bid for the redevelopment . . . not sure. But, the point wasn't who was going to redevelop, but WHEN?????? If they are going to improve the rateables and surrounding areas, do I really care what company does it? Not really.

I have said before that these are not all Santos created problems, however, since he is the mayor, they are his problems to solve.

You preach the virtues of the Mayor, but its all rhetoric, you talk of election victories, and people whom he's carried on his coat tails, but I want to know that his successes are greater than a street scape for the Town funded by UEZ money. Without which, even that wouldn't have been completed. I don't envy his job here, just don't think its as rosy as you seem to think. You are an optimist, i congratulate you on that, I am a cynic, it keeps me from unpleasant surprises.

Guest Radaguest
The status of the contracts was a huge campaign promise of Santos, promising to not let it go as long as they had in the past.Ā  This, of course, was followed by the Fire Officers not having a contract for almost six years, (assuming the other posts are accurate.)Ā  And I would bet my last dollar that the delay is more town than union.Ā  Of this, I have real accurate source info.Ā  (No, I won't tell you from where.)

Which is it? You either have a reliable source or rely on this site for your info and that would be a grave mistake.

Guest Ivy st
Before being able to achieve learning you must first have an open mind.Ā  With it so far up Santos' tail end, that would be difficult.

But, the purpose of my post was to expose campaign promises that are unfulfilled.

No one, and I mean no one, should be happy about the status of the property at the corner of Passaic and Belgrove, that property has looked like a war zone since the fire, ( I believe it was 1986, not exactly sure.)

The status of the contracts was a huge campaign promise of Santos, promising to not let it go as long as they had in the past.Ā  This, of course, was followed by the Fire Officers not having a contract for almost six years, (assuming the other posts are accurate.)Ā  And I would bet my last dollar that the delay is more town than union.Ā  Of this, I have real accurate source info.Ā  (No, I won't tell you from where.)

The sewage, five years is too long, PERIOD!Ā  This, too, is not Santos fault, but a problem that has gotten worse, and as mayor has now fallen into his lap.

Your question of the companies to bid for the redevelopment . . . not sure.Ā  But, the point wasn't who was going to redevelop, but WHEN??????Ā  If they are going to improve the rateables and surrounding areas, do I really care what company does it?Ā  Not really.

I have said before that these are not all Santos created problems, however, since he is the mayor, they are his problems to solve.

You preach the virtues of the Mayor, but its all rhetoric, you talk of election victories, and people whom he's carried on his coat tails, but I want to know that his successes are greater than a street scape for the Town funded by UEZ money.Ā  Without which, even that wouldn't have been completed.Ā  I don't envy his job here, just don't think its as rosy as you seem to think.Ā  You are an optimist, i congratulate you on that, I am a cynic, it keeps me from unpleasant surprises.

Regarding the sewage problem I do blame the Mayor. Almost 5 years ago my neighbors addressed this problem to the Mayor and nothing was done.Neglia kept looking into it. No one ever suggested a pump station. The DEP demanded the Town come up with a short and long term plan. Pump stations have been designed in other areas why did it take 5 years ?? Thats the real question. Next nightmare will be for Keegan to reopen and make the flooding worse....Mr. Mangin is stating the truth on this . Is this a caring Mayor to let people live for years with human feces and other items floating in their basements?????

Guest Guest_just looking_*
Regarding the sewage problem I do blame the Mayor. Almost 5 years ago my neighbors addressed this problem to the Mayor and nothing was done.Neglia kept looking into it. No one ever suggested a pump station. The DEP demanded the Town come up with a short and long term plan. Pump stations have been designed in other areas why did it take 5 years ?? Thats the real question. Next nightmare will be for Keegan to reopen and make the flooding worse....Mr. Mangin is stating the truth on this . Is this a caring Mayor to let people live for years with human feces and other items floating in their basements?????

He wouldn't let his mother live in those conditions, But it's ok for you. And besides he's to busy with school.

Guest Guest

And the purpose of my post was to emphasize that there are many, many events/projects taking place in town about which you are naive, uninformed or just mentally myopic.

Guest A. Realist
I guess like the old adage goes, some see the glass half empty while others see it half full. I've always been an optimist myself, so seeing projects at least getting off the ground after years of stagnation, is extremely promising.

Since you pride yourself on educating others, let's see how much you really know:

Can you name at least three of the developers vying for the Passaic Avenue project?

Which of the municipal contracts have already been settled? What were the terms?

How often do you interact with the BA in order to witness his "harassment" of employees?

PS Please don't stop trying to educate me. I'm always open to learning, but first you need to have something of value to to teach me.

...and add the following to the list:

Do you know how many and at what locations the town has secured lots for overnight resident parking?

How many new police programs have begun during the Santos administration?

Have you noticed the upgrades in parks and playgrounds?

How about the library/branch library improvements?

What was the actual percentage increase in the MUNICIPAL budget (not school)?

How many emergency vehicles were replaced or upgraded? How were they funded?

C'mon you profess to have "the goods" on Santos. You must know some of these answers. So far you've come up empty.

Guest Flabbergasted
He wouldn't let his mother live in those conditions, But it's ok for you. And besides he's to busy with school.

Mayor Santos,

In the interest of fairness, please move your mother down to King Street, because that will somehow help the flooding. And then quit school, because the last thing Kearny wants is an educated Mayor.

Guest Flabbergasted
Before being able to achieve learning you must first have an open mind.Ā  With it so far up Santos' tail end, that would be difficult.

The sewage, five years is too long, PERIOD!Ā  This, too, is not Santos fault, but a problem that has gotten worse, and as mayor has now fallen into his lap.

Your question of the companies to bid for the redevelopment . . . not sure.Ā  But, the point wasn't who was going to redevelop, but WHEN??????Ā  If they are going to improve the rateables and surrounding areas, do I really care what company does it?Ā  Not really.

You preach the virtues of the Mayor, but its all rhetoric, you talk of election victories, and people whom he's carried on his coat tails, but I want to know that his successes are greater than a street scape for the Town funded by UEZ money.Ā  Without which, even that wouldn't have been completed.Ā  I don't envy his job here, just don't think its as rosy as you seem to think.Ā  You are an optimist, i congratulate you on that, I am a cynic, it keeps me from unpleasant surprises.

Looks to me like Realist was right. You really don't know much about what's going on. You basically side-stepped around every issue. Your basis for information seems to be this board. And you sort of softened your usual hard line against the Mayor.

Guest Guest
Mayor Santos,

In the interest of fairness, please move your mother down to King Street, because that will somehow help the flooding.Ā  And then quit school, because the last thing Kearny wants is an educated Mayor.

Kiss Kiss Kiss that backside. Educated in what and at who's expense$$$$$.

Please oh witty one educate us. :ph34r:

Guest king st.

Sorry but the folks that live around my area know that the MAYOR ignored the residents for 5 years. Since the problem of sewage in homes started 5 years ago then the fault goes to Santos. Did Santos contact the EPA or DEP for help?Answer is NO. At a Town Council meeting the residents requested a letter to be sent. The Mayor clearly stated he was not going to create a paper trail for them. This was important to my neighbors because they were promised during the second phase of sewer separation that Ivy, King St.and Schulyer would be included in the 11 million dollar project. Well its not....Other streets far away are going to be done.. Lets wait till the records are released and the public will see all the BS.

Well, I happy to see you're finally interested in hearing some facts about your hero's administration. So many questions though. I almost don't where to start. I feel like a little kid in a candy store.

ok, ok, let's take them one at a time.

Two developers submitted proposals and one was accepted. That developer never delivered and we haven't heard anything on this project since. Why?

Maybe because it's a retail-based plan and few retailers want to set up shop in a community that has a Walmart moving in.

Maybe it's because the plan itself is unworkable. I mean c'mon, a "grand staircase" that leads from Belgrove Drive to just behind the K-Mart? I never got a chance to ask but, how does that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act?

Maybe the plan has too many faults - like retaining those old deteriorating Toch Park buildings, or lighting up the smokestacks with "KEARNY" in huge neon letters (yes folks, this is all included in the Passaic Ave plan).

I'll answer the rest of your inquiries, but not tonight.

Jim Mangin

ps - before anyone points to the Applebee's as a "Passaic Ave. Re-Development" success story, remember this. The Passaic Ave Plan called for senior citizen housing where the Applebee's is located. Applebee's came about despite the Passaic Ave Plan, not because of it.

Next lesson - the truth about contract negotiations

Guest A. Realist
Well, I happy to see you're finally interested in hearing some facts about your hero's administration. So many questions though. I almost don't where to start. I feel like a little kid in a candy store.

Two developers submitted proposals and one was accepted. That developer never delivered and we haven't heard anything on this project since. Why?

Maybe because it's a retail-based plan and few retailers want to set up shop in a community that has a Walmart moving in.

Maybe it's because the plan itself is unworkable. I mean c'mon, a "grand staircase" that leads from Belgrove Drive to just behind the K-Mart? I never got a chance to ask but, how does that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act?

Maybe the plan has too many faults - like retaining those old deteriorating Toch Park buildings, or lighting up the smokestacks with "KEARNY" in huge neon letters (yes folks, this is all included in the Passaic Ave plan).

Jim Mangin

ps - before anyone points to the Applebee's as a "Passaic Ave. Re-Development" success story, remember this. The Passaic Ave Plan called for senior citizen housing where the Applebee's is located. Applebee's came about despite the Passaic Ave Plan, not because of it.

Jimbo,

You really should try to get yourself appointed to the redevelopment committee (fat chance). You're about two years behind in the process.

I know you consider yourself smarter than everyone from the Town Attorney to the Town Engineer, but do you really think that professional planners and developers are unaware of the ADA requirements? You're reeeeeally reaching on that one!

Honestly, do you believe that aggressive, market-wise retailers are going to shy away from Passaic Avenue because of retail competition three miles away on Harrison Avenue?

When Passaic Avenue is the success story that I know it will be, I'll meet you at Applebee's to toast Al Santos. ( Maybe I'll be living in Senior Housing nearby)

Guest Wondering
...and add the following to the list:

Do you know how many and at what locations the town has secured lots for overnight resident parking?

How many new police programs have begun during the Santos administration?

Have you noticed the upgrades in parks and playgrounds?

How about the library/branch library improvements?

What was the actual percentage increase in the MUNICIPAL budget (not school)?

How many emergency vehicles were replaced or upgraded? How were they funded?

C'mon you profess to have "the goods" on Santos. You must know some of these answers. So far you've come up empty.

What exactly were the upgrades in the parks are we talking about sports fields or are we talking about riverbank and parks along the rivers?

Just wanted you to enlighten me as to what you mean by parks?

Playgrounds yes the one looks great across the street from Snug Harbor. LOL

Guest Guest 99

Jim Mangin

My, my, Jim. How condescending of you to assume we need lessons. Your superiority just beams from the screen.

As far as the questions go, why not try answering the first one before moving forward. It was an easy question. It was direct and to the point. It asked for the names of the developers, which you did not give. And, your prolific use of the word "maybe" prior to each opinion was a nice touch. Now when you are proven wrong, your disclaimer is already in place.

Spin, spin, spin. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest 99
What exactly were the upgrades in the parks are we talking about sports fields or are we talking about riverbank and parks along the rivers?

Just wanted you to enlighten me as to what you mean by parks?

Playgrounds yes the one looks great across the street from Snug Harbor. LOL

Town Hall Park and the Elm Street Park by the old train depot. :rolleyes:

Archived