Jim Mangin run again

Guest guest

Guest A. Realist
Realist is little more than big mouth with a decent vocabulary.

Aw, shucks! (Uttered with head slightly bowed and one foot shuffling.) Go on now, you smooth talker. If you keep complimenting me like this, people will think there is something going on between us

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KOTW:

The last line of that post is absolutely disgusting.  I don't care who said it or in what context it was said.  It is, in and of itself, offensive; and considering previous censoring on this board, I can't believe you didn't edit it.  Both former Councilman Mangin and I have young family members who read this discussion board and while criticism and even sarcasm should be expected, obsenity should not.

Dear Councilwoman Sherry:

I agree and apologize for my missing the obsenity this morning. I usually read every word but I got lulled into skipping the salutation. It has been corrected in the original post and in your quoting of the post. I thank you for pointing it out.

KOTW

Guest Curious

How refreshing to find someone with a brain AND a sense of humor on this site! And by the way, A. Realist, I agree with you at least 90% of the time. Please don't stop writing - you have the most wonderfully-skewed way of looking at these topics. There appears to be an overabundance of unreasonable, ill-informed, and angry guests on these boards. Some of you should think before you type.

Aw, shucks! (Uttered with head slightly bowed and one foot shuffling.) Go on now, you smooth talker. If you keep complimenting me like this, people will think there is something going on between us

Guest A. Realist
Intellectual onslaught? You're kidding right.  Are we talking about "Hudson County's First Family" or Stephen Hawking.

Jealous of Hudson County's First Family, that's a good one, I love it!

Don't you get tired of ******* ***? ;)  ;)

KOTW Note: The above post was edited. (It initially slipped through, but was corrected after Councilwoman Sherry pointed out the very apparent violation of KOTW's anti-obsenity rule.)

I would never compare my friends to Professor Hawking. To my knowledge, none of them has ALS.

Guest A. Realist
As for the demographics Kearny traditionally votes Democratic.  This gives the Santos team at least a slight edge.

I was just wondering how this "Democratic tradition" is beneficial to the Santos Team in a Democratic Primary (which they have also won) against other Democrats. How does one determine which Dems get the edge? I can't wait for this explanation. It's gonna be a doozy!

Guest A. Realist
Sorry I do not vote because of a NAME . Thats not how I feel about the name Cifelli.

You don't vote for a candidate because of his/her name? Let me guess. You vote the candidate's astrological sign..or hair color...or favorite sitcom...or boxers vs. briefs.

I'm sure that if you would post your name, the Cifellis would have you to Sunday dinner to try to win you over. (You know I'm only kidding, right?)

Guest Idealist
Now you understand! I would vote for anyone or anything backed by Santos. That's how much I respect and trust him.

As for Kearny's Democratic tradition, perhaps the following elected officials would disagree--Leo Vartan, Henry Hill, Ralph Cattafi, Tom Frazer, John Leadbeater, Mangeheimer, (both Mr. & Mrs.) Art Bartaroma, Barbara Thompson etc. Get the picture? Do your homework.

By the way, questioning the intellect and will of the electorate is no way to win support. Maybe that's why you guys keep losing, you think?

Rarely would I correct someone's spelling. But I can't stop myself because I thought you knew everything. Imagine my relief when I saw you were flawed and couldn't spell names correctly. The proper names are: Tom Fraser, Maggenheimer, Bartiromo (Mr. & Mrs.) spell it the same way. Ah, life is sooooo good!

Guest Guest
KOTW:

The last line of that post is absolutely disgusting.  I don't care who said it or in what context it was said.  It is, in and of itself, offensive; and considering previous censoring on this board, I can't believe you didn't edit it.  Both former Councilman Mangin and I have young family members who read this discussion board and while criticism and even sarcasm should be expected, obsenity should not.

What's really offensive is the filth that floods into people's basements in the 2nd Ward after a heavy rain.

Guest Guest
You don't vote for a candidate because of his/her name? Let me guess. You vote the candidate's astrological sign..or hair color...or favorite sitcom...or boxers vs. briefs.

I'm sure that if you would post your name, the Cifellis would have you to Sunday dinner to try to win you over. (You know I'm only kidding, right?)

Maybe he votes based on a candidates platform. Not everyone votes because a person's name is A. Santos.

Guest Guest
I was just wondering how this "Democratic tradition" is beneficial to the Santos Team in a Democratic Primary (which they have also won) against other Democrats. How does one determine which Dems get the edge? I can't wait for this explanation. It's gonna be a doozy!

They vote for Santos because they know he won't use the power of the Mayor's office for getting l***. :blink::blink:

Guest A. Realist
Rarely would I correct someone's spelling. But I can't stop myself because I thought you knew everything. Imagine my relief when I saw you were flawed and couldn't spell names correctly.  The proper names are: Tom Fraser, Maggenheimer, Bartiromo (Mr. & Mrs.) spell it the same way. Ah, life is sooooo good!

Thanks you for the information and I apologize to those good REPUBLICANS whose names I murdered. Actually I have come to accept the fact that I am quite human and I have made other errors. I seem to recall making one back in..oh..I guess around 1961. (Oh, don't go getting all indignant. I'm only joshin' you.)

Yesterday I was writing on the run. Had to get to my psychology class. The lecture was on the anal retentive personality. You know the type who completely misses the point because he is so busy knit-picking. Yes, life is super good!!!

PS: Forgot Tony Cavalier and Ken Lindenfelser (hope I spelled it correctly)

Guest A. Realist
How refreshing to find someone with a brain AND  a sense of humor on this site!  And by the way, A. Realist, I agree with you at least 90% of the time.  Please don't stop writing - you have the most wonderfully-skewed way of looking at these topics.  There appears to be an overabundance of unreasonable, ill-informed, and angry guests on these boards.  Some of you should think before you type.

Curious,

If you only agree with me about 90% of the time, I guess I'll have to try harder. After all, we rational humans need to stick together. You're right, there are not too many of us on this site. However what we lack in numbers, we make up for in intelligence. (That oughta rouse the rabble, huh?)

Guest Joan Magenheimer
Rarely would I correct someone's spelling. But I can't stop myself because I thought you knew everything. Imagine my relief when I saw you were flawed and couldn't spell names correctly.  The proper names are: Tom Fraser, Maggenheimer, Bartiromo (Mr. & Mrs.) spell it the same way. Ah, life is sooooo good!

Rarely would I correct anyone either the correct spelling is MAGENHEIMER not Maggenheimer so if you would like to post our name please correct your own spelling.

Thank you

Guest A. Realist
Rarely would I correct anyone either the correct spelling is MAGENHEIMER  not Maggenheimer so if you would like to post our name please correct your own spelling.

Thank you

Thank you Ms. Magenheimer and again please accept my apology for not taking the time to research the correct spelling of your family name.

And as for you Idealist----guess you're not as smart as you think you are, either!

Guest A. Realist
It's meant to be conversational.  Kinda like your "Aw, shucks".  You are a genius.

Please, please. You're turning my head with all this! How's a guy supposed to remain modest if you keep flattering him this way?

Guest A. Realist
What's really offensive is the filth that floods into people's basements in the 2nd Ward after a heavy rain.

Is there anyone out there who thinks its okay for the residents on King Street to endure this problem? Raise your hands! Seeing no hands raised, I have to wonder exactly how posting obsenities on the site will help remedy the flooding situation. Where's the correlation here?

Guest Idealist
Thanks you for the information and I apologize to those good REPUBLICANS whose names I murdered. Actually I have come to accept the fact that I am quite human and I have made other errors. I seem to recall making one back in..oh..I guess around 1961. (Oh, don't go getting all indignant. I'm only joshin' you.)

Yesterday I was writing on the run. Had to get to my psychology class. The lecture was on the anal retentive personality. You know the type who completely misses the point because he is so busy knit-picking. Yes, life is super good!!!

PS: Forgot Tony Cavalier and Ken Lindenfelser (hope I spelled it correctly)

I sincerely hope you didn't miss that psychology class;but I do wish it had been on a subject more useful to you. You know the one about yourself. Life is still good

Guest Guest
Is there anyone out there who thinks its okay for the residents on King Street to endure this problem? Raise your hands! Seeing no hands raised, I have to wonder exactly how posting obsenities on the site will help remedy the flooding situation. Where's the correlation here?

and what do you feel about Super Santos and the 'yes girls' lying to these poor folk om King St? that's worse than ignoring. lying to the people about how theyregoing to fix it. they should be ashamed! and so should you for defending them.

Guest A. Realist
I sincerely hope you didn't miss that psychology class;but I do wish it had been on a subject more useful to you. You know the one about yourself. Life is still good

Oh, thanks for reminding me! Next week's lecture topic is, "Highly intelligent, creative over-achievers with narcissistic tendencies." Hmm, why does that sound so damned familiar?

Life is super. Or should I say Super, as in Super Santos? (For at least the next four years, baby!)

Guest honesty
Oh, thanks for reminding me! Next week's lecture topic is, "Highly intelligent, creative over-achievers with narcissistic tendencies." Hmm, why does that sound so damned familiar?

Life is super. Or should I say Super, as in Super Santos? (For at least the next four years, baby!)

HONEST JIM MANGIN FOR MAYOR

Guest A. Realist
and what do you feel about Super Santos and the 'yes girls' lying to these poor folk om King St? that's worse than ignoring. lying to the people about how theyregoing to fix it. they should be ashamed! and so should you for defending them.

Don't you know it's not nice (and in some cases it's illegal) to accuse someone of lying when you can't substantiate it? Exactly when and how did the Mayor and Council members lie to the residents concerning the flooding problem?

I go to most of the meetings regarding these issues and I'll tell what I learned first hand--not from your neighbor's cousin's husband's best friend's aunt who works with someone who used to live on King Street.

The Mayor, Council, Town Attorney, Town Engineer and all consultants and agencies involved agree that the ultimate solution is the complete separation of storm and waste water sewers coupled with upgrading of the associated infrastructure; and that is occurring slowly, expensively, painstakingly but persistently, in stages all over Kearny. Although King Street might not yet have been included in the separation process, it would stand to reason that any work of this nature done to the West and North of King, would benefit the residents in that area. That's what was discussed and that's what is being done. I would guess that for obvious geographic and topographic reasons, King and the other streets in the lowest portion of Kearny will be done last. Deception?

When it seemed plausible that a dedicated pump station might help, the Town set about its design and implementation. No deception there.

I don't mean to sound callous, because I really do sympathize with the effected residents, but where do you rationalize that the Town would get the millions of dollars to do what really needs to be done on King, if they were to do it right now? You guys would be the first ones screaming if this money had to be raised in total or even in part by a tax increase.

Don't you think that Santos & Co. would rather not have to deal with this problem? Did it ever occur to you that if the solution was fast and cost-effective, it would have been over and done with? Wake up! No one in elected office purposely tries to antagonize his/her constituents, but for some problems there are just no easy answers.

Archived