Doreen Cali v. J. D'Arco

Guest Fly on Wall

Guest Check and Balance
Ms. Cali is out on disability. She most certainly will sue the town (as she should).

Yes she should and will. The on going harassment of employees by the administrator is a very big problem in the town and is going to cost the tax payers enormous amounts of dollars. This man goes unchecked and makes the rules as he goes along. Right now there are a couple of suits pending and the plantifs are going to win. With the unresolved fire contracts and these suits we are looking at a third of the towns budget, hefty to say the least. This is a conservative estimate on my part but never the less it will be costly. Council this is your boy and you had better deal with him. He is making you all look very bad. People know Ms. Cali and her work ethic, like her or not she does her job and does it well. If she leaves the position you loose. But hey D'Arco becomes the clerk. Think people we can't keep throwing money out the window not to mention people that work and live in this community of ours. Keep paying this outsider who could care less about Kearny. The bill is in the mail.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest 1
Yes she should and will. The on going harassment of employees by the administrator is a very big problem in the town and is going to cost the tax payers enormous amounts of dollars. This man goes unchecked and makes the rules as he goes along. Right now there are a couple of suits pending and the plantifs are going to win. With the unresolved fire contracts and these suits we are looking at a third of the towns budget, hefty to say the least. This is a conservative estimate on my part but never the less it will be costly. Council this is your boy and you had better deal with him. He is making you all look very bad. People know Ms. Cali and her work ethic, like her or not she does her job and does it well. If she leaves the position you loose. But hey D'Arco becomes the clerk. Think people we can't keep throwing money out the window not to mention people that work and live in this community of ours. Keep paying this outsider who could care less about Kearny. The bill is in the mail.

Since when does living in Kearny count? Remember, this man works for the elected officials. His word is their word.......they are to blame.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sum of it all
Does anyone know what is happening with this situation? Has the mayor and council done anything yet?

Hey, did you all get your tax bill? Was there an increase? Are you going to have a hard time paying it? Now think, where will that money go? One place it will go is to pay Joe D'Arco. Now I ask you is that money well spent or wasted? The bill has arrived and more are on the way. Think!

Guest Guest
Hey, did you all get your tax bill? Was there an increase? Are you going to have a hard time paying it? Now think, where will that money go? One place it will go is to pay Joe D'Arco. Now I ask you is that money well spent or wasted? The bill has arrived and more are on the way. Think!

If Doreen is smart (and she is) she will file a law suit against the town and this D'Arco guy. He may intimidate some employees, Doreen isn't one of them. *** ******* **** *********** ***** ***** *** ** **** ****.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest What's the story
If Doreen is smart (and she is) she will file a law suit against the town and this D'Arco guy.  He may intimidate some employees, Doreen isn't one of them.  *** ******* **** *********** ***** ***** *** ** **** ****.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

So what's the story? Has the council infomed their subordinate that he is out of line yet? Or is he still picking on people? Talk about a Napoleon complex. This man is over paid and over rated. How much money has he really saved us? Has the fireman's case come to light yet? Man from what I'm hearing it's going to break the bank. Well time will tell if keeping this guy was worth it. To bad we have to pay the bill.

Guest Guest
So what's the story? Has the council infomed their subordinate that he is out of line yet? Or is he still picking on people? Talk about a Napoleon complex. This man is over paid and over rated. How much money has he really saved us? Has the fireman's case come to light yet? Man from what I'm hearing it's going to break the bank. Well time will tell if keeping this guy was worth it. To bad we have to pay the bill.

what fireman's case?

Guest Guest

D'Arco starts as administrator and becomes the clerk. Justl like Bloomfield where the clerk became the administrator. What was her name? oh yea. Mrs. D'Arco!!!! true story

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pay up

What's the skinny on D'Arco? has the council slapped him down yet? Loki is right they approve of his actions and want him to keep at it. Watch out all ye town employees your day is comming soon. Taxes and D'Arco perfect togeather.

Taxation without representaion, right schuyler ave residents, the council is saying let them eat shit and give D'Arco an increase in pay. They care as much about the people as they do about how D'Arco treats employees. Oh citizens how much did your taxes increase this past quater? Ask your self, what could I have done with that money? Think

What's the skinny on D'Arco? has the council slapped him down yet? Loki is right they approve of his actions and want him to keep at it. Watch out all ye town employees your day is comming soon. Taxes and D'Arco perfect togeather.

Taxation without representaion, right schuyler ave residents, the council is saying let them eat shit and give D'Arco an increase in pay. They care as much about the people as they do about how D'Arco treats employees. Oh citizens how much did your taxes increase this past quater? Ask your self, what could I have done with that money? Think

Is Doreen still with the Town?

People Joe D'Arco does not do anything with out the Mayor's approval. Wake up The Mayor and Santos' Angel Mary , and let us not forget Mrs. Doyle have wanted Doreen gone for a long long time (left over hate from the board of ed days). But first they wanted to get rid of others and there were plenty of others.

Now it is Doreen's turn.

D'Arco is paid the big bucks to take the hit for the mayor and council never ever forget that.

Is Doreen still with the Town?

People Joe D'Arco does not do anything with out the Mayor's approval. Wake up The Mayor and Santos' Angel Mary ,  and let us not forget Mrs. Doyle have wanted Doreen gone for a long long time (left over hate from the board of ed days). But first they wanted to get rid of others and there were plenty of others.

Now it is Doreen's turn.

D'Arco is paid the big bucks to take the hit for the mayor and council never ever forget that.

Do you care to respond to the above statement A.Realist?

Guest Guest 1

A business administrator is a hired gun who takes orders from those that stay in the background. He/she runs interference between the elected people and the public which is why they pay him the big bucks. You can be certain most things he clears through Santos (probably not so much the other empty chairs) and he also enforces Santos's ideas. If Cali leaves permanently don't be surprised if D'Arco becomes both administrator and clerk.

It seems to me we had that same situation before Wasn't that under Leo Vartan with Mr. Czeck. Didn't Mr. Czeck only have an assistant Town Clerk?

Don't we have an assistant Town Clerk now?

Seems like history is repeating itself

Guest Pondering Realist
A business administrator is a hired gun who takes orders from those that stay in the background. He/she runs interference between the elected people and the public which is why they pay him the big bucks. You can be certain most things he clears through Santos (probably not so much the other empty chairs) and he also enforces Santos's ideas.  If Cali leaves permanently don't be surprised if D'Arco becomes both administrator and clerk.

Didn't Leo Vartan hire Cali through her loyal dedication to his campaign....Didn't Cali get her knowledge while working as a clerk typist for Kearny....didn't she evolve as Town Clerk under the tutelege of Czeck the administrator, so why is it so difficult to acknowledge why she cannot get along with a democratic surrounding and under the well oiled procedures of a true administration?

Can it be she is moving to a southern community to work? Stay tuned to the stress related work leave-turned into the move from Kearny to $$$$$$$$$ville.

Didn't Leo Vartan hire Cali through her loyal dedication to his campaign....Didn't Cali get her knowledge while working as a clerk typist for Kearny....didn't she evolve as Town Clerk under the tutelege of Czeck the administrator,  so why is it so difficult to acknowledge why she cannot get along with a democratic surrounding and  under the well oiled procedures of a true administration?

Can it be she is moving to a southern community to work?  Stay tuned to the stress related work leave-turned into the move from Kearny to $$$$$$$$$ville.

Pete McIntyre was the Mayor when Cali was appointed. Czeck left long before

Cali was made Town Clerk. Time will tell about a well oiled administrator!

She is also a registered democrat. It is my understanding that she is going to commute and has no intention of changing her current employer.

Before you ask a question you should always know the answer!

Let's make a deal. If Ms. Cali sues the town due to the Business Administrator's treatment of her and wins, (and I'm sure it will be a large settlement if she does), let us ALL call for the removal of Mr. D'Arco.

I think that's fair.

Let's make a deal. If Ms. Cali sues the town due to the Business Administrator's treatment of her and wins, (and I'm sure it will be a large settlement if she does), let us ALL call for the removal of Mr. D'Arco.

I think that's fair.

Never mind Ms Cali's legal proceedings what about the firemans case? That's going to break the bank. But the cases that are pending will help put he town in the red as well. This D'Arco is going to walk away from his position very well off and leave the town paying off his legal bills. Hey become B/A and hit the lottery. What a job this guy has, wouldn't you like one like his?

Never mind Ms Cali's legal proceedings what about the firemans case? That's going to break the bank. But the cases that are pending will help put he town in the red as well. This D'Arco is going to walk away from his position very well off and leave the town paying off his legal bills. Hey become B/A and hit the lottery. What a job this guy has, wouldn't you like one like his?

IS THIS TRUE? CAN IT BE ? JOE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN SAVE US ! PLEASE SAY IT AINT SO! JOE!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you really doing up there Mr administrator besides causing anger and discontent. You sound like a real shmoe Joe.

What you read in the paper is just the tip of the iceberg. There is also a car allowance in his contract, and a fully funded contribution to his 457 plan. Similar to a 401k, but in his case, instead of a employee match, I believe they contribute the maximum annual amount allowed (approx. $14,000.)

I think we should all sign up for that.

He probably even collects a stipend for health benefits, huh, Joe?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived