Doreen Cali v. J. D'Arco

Guest Fly on Wall

Guest Guest

If you want to see D'Arco, turn on the Wizard of Oz. Go to the end where the wizard is behind the curtain spinning the wheels saying "I am the all and mighty powerful D'Arco. Then toto opens the curtain. What do you see? A phony.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
a bus administrator who harasses a town employee is not new to Kearny. its just that this one wasn't appointed by leo so he must be ok. bull. the same people who critized bob czeck now don't see what happening to cali. its all bull. everyone has such a short memory. czeck was so baaaaad. but darco is ooookkkk. bull. the town will lose cali just watch. then all these councilmen and women will be crying boo hoo, why did she leave? wake up people. thisd town is a dictatorship. ask any cop or firemen or dpw worker. ask phil martone. ask doreen cali. ask the fireman whose suing the town because he was fired for having a brain tumor!!!!!! get the facts people. wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

How do you know that the fireman has a brain tumor? Isn't that private information?

Guest Old Kearny
a bus administrator who harasses a town employee is not new to Kearny. its just that this one wasn't appointed by leo so he must be ok. bull. the same people who critized bob czeck now don't see what happening to cali. its all bull. everyone has such a short memory. czeck was so baaaaad. but darco is ooookkkk. bull. the town will lose cali just watch. then all these councilmen and women will be crying boo hoo, why did she leave? wake up people. thisd town is a dictatorship. ask any cop or firemen or dpw worker. ask phil martone. ask doreen cali. ask the fireman whose suing the town because he was fired for having a brain tumor!!!!!! get the facts people. wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

We did not elect DArco he is an employee hired by the mayor and possibly the Council.

The only winners with his type are the Lawyers and himself as long as he is allowed to play his game here.

Knowing Ms. Cali, I'm sure he is the playing the great OZ. I'm sure that he will continue to do so until like most BAs he creaps away after doing much damage.

We should make his job an elected position so we can show what we think about his actions. So for now all we can do is hold on and trust what was said a long time ago, "This to shall pass".

Guest Doreen Cali

Due to the working conditions that I have become subject to, I am actively seeking employment in another municipality. Some of the issues have been posted here, which I cannot take credit for, and I would like to thank all who posted. Other issues are too lengthy to go into. It has been a pleasure serving the citizens of the Town of Kearny and following in the footsteps of my parents. They worked very hard to make the name Cali well respected. I have tried to live up to that expectation. I believe that I have earned the respect of the majority of my coworkers, and citizens. Although this decision has literally ripped my heart out, due to my mental and physical health I have no option. I am honest, intellegent and hard working and should not be forced to defend my personal and professional integrity on a daily basis. Thank you.

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

This is just one more piece of the puzzle that Mayor Santos needs to complete the the puzzle. D'arco is a hired gun and could be following the Mayor's lead. Lets face it D. Cali was't the Mayor's choice and this will not go away unless Doreen gets another job or the Mayor loses in November. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS MAYOR GET BACK WHAT HE HAS GIVEN TO OTHER EMPLOYEES IN TOWN. ANSWER:NOTHING STAY STRONG DOREEN "HELP IS ON THE WAY DEAR"

For just one brief moment, we all (myself included) need to put politics aside. The Town of Kearny cannot afford to lose a commodity as valuable as Doreen Cali. I'll be the first to admit, as a member of the Town Council your governing body was not always in complete agreement - except when it came to our collective opinion of the caliber, and work ethic of our Town Clerk. Whether it was blankets and shelter for the fire victims on Grant Avenue or helping to organize the buses to Trenton to protest the placement of sex offenders in South Kearny - no one single person has consistently displayed the very best of Kearny spirit than Doreen Cali. I have personally seen the hundreds (yes hundreds) of thank you letters she has received from greatful residents.

Take a minute out of your day today and call the Mayor or your Town Council representative. Tell them we need Doreen Cali. Tell them to please look into whatever problems may exist and try and find a solution that benefits everyone in Kearny. And everyone in Kearny benefits by having Doreen Cali as our Municipal Clerk.

Jim Mangin

Guest Softball Mom

A while ago a concerned dad wanted to repair a ballfield for the little girls Softball League. Doreen could not physically do the work, but she was there every day to support the guys doing the job. At the end of the job she handed one of the guys a flag that she purchased with her own money. That flag flew proudly. Enough said.

Guest Guest 99
For just one brief moment, we all (myself included) need to put politics aside. The Town of Kearny cannot afford to lose a commodity as valuable as Doreen Cali. I'll be the first to admit, as a member of the Town Council your governing body was not always in complete agreement - except when it came to our collective opinion of the caliber, and work ethic of our Town Clerk. Whether it was blankets and shelter for the fire victims on Grant Avenue or helping to organize the buses to Trenton to protest the placement of sex offenders in South Kearny - no one single person has consistently displayed the very best of Kearny spirit than Doreen Cali. I have personally seen the hundreds (yes hundreds) of thank you letters she has received from greatful residents.

Take a minute out of your day today and call the Mayor or your Town Council representative. Tell them we need Doreen Cali. Tell them to please look into whatever problems may exist and try and find a solution that benefits everyone in Kearny. And everyone in Kearny benefits by having Doreen Cali as our Municipal Clerk.

Jim Mangin

I couldn't agree more. Doreen has consistantly gone out of her way, on and off the clock, to give assistance to those in need. Ask her a question, she has the answer. Or she will be sure to get back to you with it.

It doesn't matter what the issues are between her, the Mayor and the Administrator, they can be worked out. Doreen is an asset the town of Kearny can ill afford to lose. Quite frankly, it would be my hope that one day she would certify for the Administrator job.

KOTW--- This is an important issue for Kearny. How about a poll?

Guest A. Realist

The limited contact I have had with the Municipal Clerk would substantiate the opinion found on this board. After moving just days prior to an election, I contacted Ms. Cali about how and where I could vote. She took the time to explain everything to me and encouraged me to call her if I had any problem at the polls. I sincerely hope that this situation can be remedied and she stays in Kearny.

(See, I'm not such a bad guy!)

Guest Guest

I had question about my landlordand she was very professional. I know other Senior Citizens that have also been helped. C'mon Mr. Mayor you have the power to stop this. Do the right thing.

Guest Guest

Come Mayor, you and your ladies step up the the plate, and reign in your hired gun. Have you all forgotten, he works for you. Stop hiding.

Guest Loki

While it is true that D'Arco works for the mayor and council, unfortunately, this is one of those cases where the tail wags the dog.

Guest What price power?
While it is true that D'Arco works for the mayor and council, unfortunately, this is one of those cases where the tail wags the dog.

That seems to be the case, but I think the Mayor is allowing this to go on. If he was truely concerned about losing the clerk this would no longer be an issue. Since when does the administrator over rule the council? He works for them. D'Arco is costing this town mega bucks with his legal ensemble of attorneys and at the same time causing the council/town to lose an excelent and qualified clerk as well as friend. Think about this council members.

Guest Loki

Always remember the lessons of history:

"Power corrupts---absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Beware Mayor and Council if you don't reign him in, it reflects on you. He has proven to spend as much as he has ever saved. How much is too much for you?

Me, I've already seen enough.

Guest TelegeoDynamics

The old NJ community affairs 40:8A-2C

Guest Discusted Homeowner

Is there a petition that can be signed to keep Ms. Cali? This is going to be a big issue. Did she not help the Mayor when he first ran for office? Did she not back him. What happened to loyality and honesty? I think she is the best clerk this town has ever had. This is the first time I have responed to something on this board. We have been discussing this at out meetings and around town on the QT., but if there is a petition I am sure you will get as many signatures as votes this last election. No one wants to see the only competent, kind, intellegent, caring person leave. If she does go then come voting time we will remember that. I have been at and watched the meetings in the past and at times it seemed she knew more then the powers that be. Make up some petitions pass them around see what happenes. Put then at all the departments, stores, etc. United we stand. And to think I voted for this Mayor.

Guest Loki

Of loyalty, there is none. As for honesty, don't count on much from a politician whose dreams are to pursue higher office. The members of the Council, whom I B**ch about quite often, are all interested in the best interests of this town, and their work (which I often disagree with) is altruistic. To my knowledge, they have no greater ambition than to provide a service to the residents of this town.

Our mayor cannot make that same claim. And I certainly won't make it for him.

Ms. Cali is just one victim of this B.A. If you look about the town, there are countless others.

Guest Alan Jacques

aejacques@verizon.net Any one who could sit still and let this happen must be nuts! I've lived al my life in this town and know from first hand experance what an asset Ms. Cali has been.Please let me know if anyone gets any thing togrther to keep our Town Cleark where she belonges!

Is there a petition that can be signed to keep Ms. Cali?  This is going to be a big issue. Did she not help the Mayor when he first ran for office?  Did she not back him. What happened to loyality and honesty? I think she is the best clerk this town has ever had.  This is the first time I have responed to something on this board.  We have been discussing this at out meetings and around town on the QT., but if there is a petition I am sure you will get as many signatures as votes this last election. No one wants to see the only competent, kind, intellegent, caring person leave. If she does go then come voting time we will remember that.  I have been at and watched the meetings in the past and at times it seemed she knew more then the powers that be. Make up some petitions pass them around see what happenes. Put then at all the departments, stores, etc. United we stand.  And to think I voted for this Mayor.

I'll sign that petition in a heart beat and I'm sure my friends will as well. Ms Cali has gone out of her way for me when I really needed help with a problem and I won't forget it. So, bring on the petition.

Guest tom hakim

:rolleyes: I wish i could sigh this paper from palm springs, Joe D'Arco is a two face person i know him first hand, i am glad that am retired from him at Last////// Doreen Cali and Andy Donelly are my best friends when i had a problem. I know doreen and thier family,when i was 10 years old cutting and grass from wagon.

Guest Guest
aejacques@verizon.net Any one who could sit still and let this happen must be nuts! I've lived al my life in this town and know from first hand experance what an asset Ms. Cali has been.Please let me know if anyone gets any thing togrther to keep our Town Cleark where she belonges!

If everyone wants to show their support for Doreen, what better time than next Tuesday at the Town Council meeting? You could get up and speak at the podium or if that's not your cup o' tea, simply pin a piece of paper to your shirt or blouse that reads....

DOREEN STAYS

JOE GOES

Guest Loki

Being as this site HAS been visited by members of this council since my last post, I wonder . . . . WHY NO COMMENT? You either know these complaints to be false, or they are true and you are willing to defend him. Otherwise, your silence suggests you hope this will just go away. I will keep this topic current and at the forefront. I hope D'Arco will go away.

What say you??

Please don't excuse this by claiming the savings he has brought the town, he has spent as much as he saved, albeit it was spent in different places. (That is: legal bills, and of course his own pockets.)

Certainly one of our leaders will share their vast wisdom on this subject.

See Babs, I, too can talk "tongue in cheek."

B.A.'s make their living going from town to town, time to send this one on his way.

Archived